Two shoes (Nathan Sykes Fan-F...

By TWSOSLaura

Lexi is a fan of The Wanted but she never imagined that the kind stranger she met at the bus stop 2 years ago... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
INFORMATION
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
INFORMATION 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
IMPORTANT 3

Chapter 30

1.4K 33 10
By TWSOSLaura

Hello sorry this is a late update, I was away on the weekend and had no time in the week, severely lacking imagination and inspiration but here you go. This is such a filler but I think it's written quite well. Drama picks up in the next chapter/one after that :)

BTW- This is purely fanfiction. There is a bit about Jay's mum and it is not true, just so you know.

Flashback is in italic.

Jay's POV

I'd like to say that Nathan went to the police station, he told them everything he knew, they found Lexi and she's perfectly fine and they're both incredibly happy together. I'd also like to say that he went to his 'special doctor' and he's all better now. Yeah right as if life is actually that simple...

Nathan did actually go down to the police station which surprised us all because we didn't actually expect him to do it. He told them everything she'd ever told him(that he remembered) and everything he said was deemed too vague or unrelated. That obviously crushed his spirits a little but he was in a good place so he was fine which was a huge relief. And he did go to his Doctor and he did get better for a while. However eventually time passed and his hope diminished and he slipped back to what he was. It has been 2 months since Lexi was taken, just under two months since Nathan's miraculous recovery and 1 month since he locked himself in his room.

Nathan was sat on the phone talking to the police and I knew it wasn't going to be good, I just had this weird feeling about it, I don't know. I think all of us apart from Nathan knew that there was no evidence to find and if they were going to find her then they'd be on their way to by now.

"Ok. Bye." Nathan pressed the end call button on his phone and we all waited in silence to hear what he had to say. He slowly put his phone in his pocket, went into the kitchen and pulled out 2 large bags of crisps and something small and pointy, which later we discovered that he had taken a kitchen knife. Then he walked into his room, locked the door and all of this was without saying a word. We all glanced around at each other in confusion. Siva got up quickly and tried the handle on Nathan's door however it wouldn't budge. He knocked but no sound came out of the room. Me, Max and Tom ran over and started pounding our fists against the door to see if it would make him open up.

"Stop that!" Nathan snapped.

"Nathan what happened? Tell us!" Tom asked impatiently.

"The police said that there is no evidence anywhere of where she could be. They're cutting down the amount of people who are looking still. They don't seem to think there's any chance of finding her." Nathan spoke in one tone, one emotionless tone. That tone scared me slightly, if we could hear the emotion then that was safer, when he sounded like that it meant that he had given up and he was depressed basically and that was frightening.

"Nath just come out, you don't need to stay in there." Siva said softly.

"You don't get it. I'm not coming out." He sighed.

"Mate you're being ridiculous, of course you have to come out." Max said, confused.

"No I don't, I've got a tap in here, a bathroom, some crisps. I can stay in here until they find her." His rational tone completely contradicted what he was saying and made me more confused than before.

"But what if they... Erm... Don't." I said awkwardly.

"Then maybe I won't come out." I could hear shuffling movements from within the room and knew he was moving further and further away from the door which made all of our efforts even more pointless.

"But that's ridiculous!" Tom exclaimed.

"Let's just leave him for a bit, maybe he'll come around." Siva sighed, admitting defeat.

He did not come around. It's been one month and he only came out of his room once and even then he made sure no one was in. The only reason we know is because we noticed some food was missing. We have tried to make sure at least one person is in the room at all times just in case something happens. Although we can't leave certain people alone here now. It's been killing us all, hearing him cry through the walls and not being able to do anything or even comfort him. I'm constantly worried about what he's doing to himself or whether he'd take it too far. The only reason we know he's still there is because he makes the effort to say at least one word to us a day just so we know that he's breathing.

Tom can't stand to be in the room, Max has started drinking a lot to cope, Siva doesn't speak very much at all and I just write songs, they're rubbish and will never be used but it is something to distract me from what is happening and a way for me to express myself. However yesterday, when I was sat listening to Nathan sob for about an hour, I snapped. I picked up my phone (yes I actually had one at the time) and called his mother, Jenny and told her everything that had happening. She broke down a little and was furious at us for not telling her anything but it didn't cross my mind or any of the other boys' for that matter. Eventually, she said she'd be down here as soon as she could and honestly, the sooner the better because we were all genuinely worried about what Nathan may do to himself.

Earlier today, I got a text from Jen stating that she was just coming out of the airport and on her way to us. When I found out this, I grabbed any alcohol in the room and hid it then forced Max into the shower, I called Tom to bring him round which he reluctantly agreed to and I told Siva who simply nodded and returned to his thoughts. I went over to Nathan's room and knocked on his door rather loudly in order to get his attention.

"Nathan, your Mum is coming today." I said softly.

"She is?" I heard a hoarse voice say from far away. A fragment of a smile emerged on my face when I heard his voice sounding every so slightly optimistic but it was soon wiped away when I remembered the harsh reality of what is happening.

"Yes she is. Are you going to come out for her?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't... I don't know..." He trailed off so I decided to leave him be. This was our last shot I figured, what else would get him to come out? Surely only Lexi and what chance did we have of ever finding her? None of us apart from Nathan really knew or liked Lexi but right now I didn't care about anything I just wished she was here. Nathan had always had a habit of picking the broken girls although never to her extent, sometimes I want to hate her because of what she has done to her but then I remember that it isn't her fault. She's just a girl that got mixed up in something and that happened to drag Nathan into it.

It wasn't long before there was a knock at the door and I opened it to let Jenny hurtle in. Jenny was like my mother too, I'd never had the best relationship with my Mum and when I told her that I was leaving for a band, she didn't accept it and told me to get out of her life. That was a tough time and Jenny picked me up and helped me get over it and the only was I felt that I could repay her for that is by protecting Nathan but it turns out I am awful at doing that. However at the present moment I couldn't care less that she didn't really want to talk to me because I just wanted Nathan back as soon as possible, as did she.

"What room? Where is he?" She said quickly. I raised my hand quickly and pointed to the door, knowing not to slow things down with the formality of greetings. She rushed over, only stopping for a moment to glance at Max.

"Max George, get yourself together." She said sternly before finishing her rush towards Nathan's door.

"Nathan, baby? It's me, I'm here. Let me in." I waited impatiently while listening to quiet movements followed by the sudden click of the lock and the door opening very slightly. Relief washed over me like a wave but I wasn't prepared to see what remained of Nathan so I turned away as Jenny walked inside.

Nathan's POV

The door opened further and sunlight flooded into the pitch black room. As soon as she walked into the room, my Mum spared no time in pulling me into a huge hug. We stayed motionless for what seemed like an eternity before she released me, shut the door and turned on the light. It hadn't even been a second before she gasped. I followed her gaze down to my arms which looked more red than white and I got lost for a moment following the lines in their various directions.

"What have you done?" She gasped. She gently pulled me towards her and repeated herself in a whisper.

"I'm sorry. I need help." I broke down and it all became too much. I had no energy inside of me due to the extreme lack of food in my system and the urge to grab a knife was irrepressible however my Mum was here so it's not like I could.

"Nathan Sykes you silly boy. You've not even been cleaning up your cuts! What if they got infected? No one could have come in here to check on you. You are 20 years old for God's sake, be more responsible!" It sounded harsh however but it was obviously out of concern and the need to be forceful to get her point across.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, not wanting to press her in any way.

"Now you are going to go for a shower, put on some clean clothes, clean up your cuts, get some food and come and see the boys."

"But I-"

"Not a word, do you hear me? Not a word." She said, pointing a finger at me and using the other hand to press me forwards towards the bathroom door. I did indeed get a shower and got changed but I couldn't bring myself to clean up my cuts because each one, now numb, hurt when I tried to clean them, my Mum heard my efforts and came into help me. When we had finished, I was crying slightly because of the pain and because I was, my mum was too. I pulled her in for a hug and we stood together for a while.

"I've missed you." I whispered.

"Oh shush you, you'll make me cry." She said, waving me off dismissively.

"You're already crying though." I said truthfully.

"I... Go see the boys already!" She laughed.

I reluctantly pulled open the door slowly and stepped out. Siva was looking off into the distance, Tom was sat staring down at the floor, Max looked like he was pondering something deep and meaningful and Jay was pacing. I cleared my throat subtly and their heads snapped towards me.

"Hey." Jay said softly, smiling happily.

"Come on then." I joked, beckoning them over with a hand gesture and they all hopped over and we had a big group hug.

"You're going to be fine." Someone said, muffled by the many bodies. Maybe I will be, maybe I won't...

There you go!

Remember to vote and comment because those things make my day I'm serious and they always give me inspiration to continue!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 213 19
Lacey loves life living with her boyfriend Chris when she meets Jay McGuiness and her boyfriend suddenly hangs out with the wrong sort of people and...
7K 184 15
*completed* Saffron Baker's life is transformed into a blur of excitement, showbiz and heartache once she's given the chance to perform with The Want...
92.7K 1.1K 40
Maybe he wouldn't even recognise me; I mean, two years can be a long time. As he and his band mate made their way over to where we were sitting, th...
6.4K 80 21
Ashley is a girl that isn't into boybands but when her friend Alex drags her to a The Wanted concert she might just change her mind. Her past in boyf...