Divergent High: College Life

By annaeliza247

➽Sequel to Divergent High. I suggest that you read the first one before you read this. ➽It's been two years s... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
fourty-seven
fourty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
hey guys!

twenty

2.3K 58 18
By annaeliza247

It's been a few days since I've come home from Portland, and I am so happy. Of course, I love Portland, you know, it's where I grew up, but Chicago is home to me. Also, Tobias is coming home today, so why wouldn't I be happy?

Actually, I have to pick him up in an hour and a half, so I better get out of bed and get moving. I roll out of bed and walk to the bathroom, grabbing a towel on my way.

After a quick fifteen minute shower, I wrap the towel around my body and walk back into my room, and then into my closet. I dry off and then put on a bra and underwear. I wander around my closet for a few minutes, and decide to throw on a green tropical cropped tank and light blue skinny jeans. For my hair, I just blow dry it, and brush it out. Then I put on foundation, concealer, bronzer, highlighter, eyeshadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, and pinkish/red tinted Burt's Bees chapstick.

I grab my tan cross body purse from my desk, and my phone from the nightstand, and then run down the stairs in my bare feet. The clock reads 12:02 as I slide on my black American Rag sandals that were by the door.

I have to go, Tobias lands in a half hour and it takes about that long to get to the airport.

While fishing through my purse for my car keys, I yell to my parents that I'm leaving, and dash out the door to my car. When I finally find the keys, I unlock the doors and get in, starting the ignition as soon as I can.  I back out of the driveway while trying to get the AC on and then zoom off towards the airport.
➵  ➵  ➵  ➵  ➵
It took a little under 30 minutes to get to the airport, just like I thought it was going to. After I find a spot in the short-term parking garage, I jump out of the car and lock it as I walk towards the elevator.

As soon as the elevator doors open, I run into the airport, and then start walking when I get inside. I check the arrival board and see that Tobias's plane just landed, and he'll be walking out of gate D.

It takes a few minutes to get as close as I can to gate D, and I get a text right as I do.

Tobias❤️💋: hey bby, landed a few mins ago. It'll take a bit for everyone to get off the plane. Ily😘 see u in a bit❤️❤️

I smile.

Me: ok bby. See u soon. Ily 2❤️😘

I lean on a wall for a little bit until I see people moving from gate D walking towards the small crowd I'm in. Then I start trying to stand on my tippy toes to see. I scan over all the people until I see a tall tan guy with short curly dark brown hair. Tobias.

I smile and run towards him. When I reach him, he lets go of his suitcase and I jump in his arms. His arms wound tightly around my waist, and mine do the same to his neck. We hold onto each other for a good couple minutes, until we loosen our grips.

The first thing Tobias does after putting me back on the ground is kiss me. Passionate and full of love. God, I missed him. I smile into the kiss and we pull apart.

"Do you have everything?"

"No, I checked a bag too."

"Okay, what conveyor belt thing?"

"Six, I think."

"Okay," I respond as I grab his hand and we start walking to the baggage claim area.
➵  ➵  ➵  ➵  ➵
We just got back to the car after getting Tobias's bag, and we're waiting to get out of the parking garage.

A car lets us into the line, so I back out then wave to the people in the car to thank them.

I pay the three dollar fee to park in the garage for under an hour, then zoom out onto the street and then the freeway.

An old Ed Sheeran song plays on the radio as Tobias plays with my right hand.

"You hungry?" I ask.

"Starving," Tobias replies.

"What sounds good?"

"Taco Bell?" he suggests.

"Sounds great. Can you find the closest one?"

"Yeah." He pulls his phone out of his pocket and hold down on the home button. "Taco Bell near me," Tobias says into the microphone.

"There's one half a mile away," Tobias says after looking at all the options.

"Cool. Can you get directions?"

"Yeah," he starts the route, and Siri tells me to turn off the freeway at exit 143a.

I get over into the farthest left lane, and stay there until we get to the exit.

It's a few minutes before we find the Taco Bell, but when we do, I turn into the parking lot and then into the drive through.

"What do you want?" I ask Tobias.

"Three beefy 5-layer burritos and a medium Pepsi."

"Okay."

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" the voice box thing says.

"One grilled chicken cantina power bowl, three beefy 5-layer burritos, and two medium Pepsis."

"Alright, is that it?"

"Yes."

"Your total is $12.74 at the first window."

"Thank you," I say before slowly driving to the first window. I dig through my purse to get thirteen bucks, but Tobias hands me a Taco Bell gift card.

"Thanks," I smile.

"Eh, thank Mom," he responds and I laugh. "She knows me well."

"Yeah, she does."

"Hi, how are you," the lady at the first window asks.

"Good, how are you?"

"Good. You're total is $12.74."

I hand her the gift card, and she swipes it and gets the receipt.

"You have $2.26 left on the card."

"Thanks." I drive up to the next window where we get the sodas and food.i pass the bag to Tobias and he looks to see if all the food and sauces and straws are there.

"We good?"

"Gucci," he answers, and we both laugh. I find the way back onto the freeway, and then the exit to get to my house.
➵  ➵  ➵  ➵  ➵
We said a quick hello to my parents when we got home, and then took the food upstairs to my room. We didn't even bring Tobias's bags in, our number one priority was the food.

I set the bag of food and my Pepsi on my desk, and Tobias does the same with his soda. Tobias steps closer to me so our foreheads are touching, and my hands go to his chest and then up to his cheeks.

He presses his lips to mine, and I happily return the favor. My arms then wind around his neck and his hands slide down from my waist to my thighs and he lifts me up.

He back up, and we fall into the bed. The impact makes us stop and laugh. I sit up and so does Tobias. His arms go back around my waist and I kiss his cheek.

"So everyone's going to meet at Zeke and Shauna's tonight because I told them you were going to be back today," I tell Tobias.

"Ugh, I just kinda feel like staying home tonight."

"Come on, they really missed you and I also already told them you'd be there."

"If it'll make you happy then sure."

"Yay," I peck his lips. He lays back and his arms pull me into him. I stretch my legs out and smile at him.

"Would you mind grabbing to food?" Tobias asks. I stick my bottom lip out, and then lick his nose before standing up.

"Gross, you weirdo," Tobias laughs as he wipes the bottom of his nose.

"You know you love me." I grab the food and then walk back over to the bed.

"Yeah, yeah," he replied as I sit next to him on the bed. He kisses my forehead when I put the bag down, and I smile at him.

He reaches into the bag and grabs his burritos, and then my cantina bowl and hands it to me.

"Thanks babe," I say.

"Yep."

I grab the remote from my nightstand and turn on my TV, then change the channel to Lifetime which has an episode of Grey's Anatomy playing.

"You're really okay with going tonight?"

"Yeah."

"We can stay home or do whatever you want tomorrow, I just promised everybody that you'd be there today."

"It's fine, babe, really."

"Really?" I ask and he nods his head. "Okay, then. We need to be ready in six hours."

"Okay."

I reach over and kiss his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too," he replies and kisses me once more.
♔  ♔  ♔  ♔  ♔
A/N: hiya! Why do I always update in the middle of the night? Lfmao. So it's been about a week and a half since I last updated, and I really hope you guys liked the chapter.
I spent a few days in Seattle earlier this week (my first official time there) and I got to see my first and second Major League Baseball games(Red Sox vs Mariners) on Monday and Tuesday so that was cool. And we spent the whole day shopping on Tuesday until we had to go to the game. Shopping is SUPER hard tho in a family of all boys... And on Tuesday my brothers and I will be getting in a car at 5 am and driving down to California and then to Arizona for 3 weeks to a month so that'll be fun. It's like 12-14 hrs. I've done the drive a few times w/ my mom but never w/ my bros so that'll be interesting since I wanna punch them in the face or rip their head off most of the time.
Ok, Anna, this is getting to long.
Thank u guys for everything, I went thru all of the posted chapters of DHCL yesterday and saw a comment or 2 like, I LOVE YOU ANNA and that REALLY made my day. Like u guys make my life SO much better and I just wanna thank u all for that.
GUYS I AM SO SORRY I TRY TO MAKE THESE SHORT BUT THEY ALWAYS END UP SUPER DUPER LONG!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!😘😘😘😘
-Аииα💋💕🌷🌞🤘🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.6K 41
SEQUEL TO SURVIVING REALITY: DIVERGENT Last time we left Tris, Four, Christina, and our other Divergent friends, it was the Fourth of July the summ...
100K 2.4K 39
*This story is being edited for mistakes.* Tris (Six), Tobias (Four), Zeke, and Uriah are in the FBI working for the leader, Max. They are sent to Di...
103K 2.6K 22
SEQUEL TO PLAY IT AGAIN:A DIVERGENT HIGH SCHOOL FAN FICTION. MUST READ THAT FIRST! Our favorite Divergent characters are back and better than ever...
57.8K 2.1K 49
In the second book of the It's Only series, drama unfolds as Tobias moves to Michigan to get the education he needs to support his future family. Tri...