Hot Best Friend

By Everlark2000

Just 1 year after Caleb Walker was born his friend Olivia Cooper was born. They are in the same grade only O... More

Meeting the families.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
New Book!!!
Important Please Read

Chapter 8

449 13 0
By Everlark2000

August 31,2016 (Wednesday)
Olivia's POV-

6:30am

I'm standing outside in the clothes I picked out yesterday waiting for Caleb to come outside to leave for school. I came out a little early since it didn't take me as much time as it normally does so he comes out right on time like normal. He's wearing his home jersey that is white with purple sleeves, it has purple buttons and a purple collar and al the writing is in purple so the Tigers his last name and the number 7 are all in purple. He's also wearing a under armor purple long sleeve and a pair of Nike high tops and Nike sweats on he's holding the away jersey in his right hand.

"Here you go" he says handing me the jersey as I start buttoning it up its purple with white sleeves and all the writing is in white. The buttons are white the collar is white and the writing is white, so the exact opposite of his home jersey.

"Thanks" I say after I button it up and get in the car " my mom and dad are coming with the twins, Emily can't come though something with college to do"

" that's fine" he says as soon as he pulls into a parking spot

End of Lunch

"Good luck at tonight's game guys" I say just as the bell rings

"Thanks" they all yell at once which is really weird how they did that. Lunch was great we spent most of the time talking about this Friday but also talking about tonight's game they are all excited since they haven't played for the school since May, when school ended and this is their first game this school year. Digital art was really boring but I need it to graduate since I suck at drawing.  Study hall came and we did all of our homework which wasn't much.

"Favorite color?" Caleb asks me which he already knows it's just we are so bored so we are just asking questions and he's going first.

"Purple" I say

"favorite dog type?" he asks

"Australian sneered especially the ones with the blue eyes" I say they are so cute I love how they have so many different color and there eyes are so cute.

"what makes you smile?" He asks me

"Being around family and friends" I say

"Favorite movie?" He asks

"High school musical 3" I say as he rolls his eyes at that

"Favorite sport to watch and play?" He asks

"Baseball my turn" I say to him

"Favorite color?" I ask

"Purple" he says

"Favorite dog type?" I ask him

"German Shepard" he says

"What makes you smile?" I ask him

"Family,friends and you" he says blushing and I blush

"Aww so cute" I say and he blushes even more

"Get back to the questions" he says

"Fine favorite sport to watch and play" I ask him

"Baseball" he says just as the bell rings for the end of the day.

At Caleb's house

"What should we do?" I ask him once we walk in

"We should ride our hover boards in the basement" he says

"Okay let me go get mine and I will meet you down there" I say to him walking to my house and grabbing my blue hover board that has red foot pads and is super man colors me and Caleb have the same exact one we got them about a month ago. I go downstairs to see him riding around on the wooden floor in the basement. It has a big black L couch in the corner and they pushed the one black couch that has four seats to make a big c so it's all connected and gives more space in the basement. There is a large 70 inch tv across from the couch and In the middle of the couch is a a big black foot rest that came with the couch and it has 1 large recliner that is black and is on the opposite side from the wall. And against the wall there is the black swivel chair that we have in our living room. That's only one side of the room on the other is the stairs that are against the wall and there is a fridge against the wall across from the stairs with a medium size table which we put the pizza on next to the microwave. As soon as you come downstairs you turn right and the bathroom is right there.  He has a hammock that is connected to the stairs and one side of the wall by the pool table. Also on that side of the room is there is a air hockey table and a pool table and a little area with shelves of signed baseballs and hats Caleb has collected through out the years. He even has signed jersey that are hanging on the walls from baseball players that he likes the most. His parents let him design the basement when he was 12 since he always had his baseball team over and his parents didn't want to hear them yelling in the living room.

"Hey" Caleb says coming up to me on his hover board and I laugh since it makes me look really short even though I am short it makes me come to about 3 inches below his shoulders.

"Yeah" I say putting my hover board on the ground and climbing on to it and riding around all the things in my way.

2 hours and 30 minutes later

"It 4:30" Caleb says

"You have to get dressed" I say to Caleb and he nods turning off his hover board and putting it next to the stairs.

"I am going to now" he says

"I'm going to go home and put this away real quick I'll meet you outside in 15 minutes" I say to him walking up stairs behind him as I go to my house and put my hover board in my closet and go put on Caleb's snap back that I wore Saturday and Sunday. When I finish I button up his away jersey since I unbuttoned it when it started getting hot in the basement. I go downstairs and grab a water and a grab a box of goldfish to eat at the game with my family.

"Ready?" Caleb asks me as he leans against his car in his gray baseball pants with a small purple strip on each side. His home jersey and purple under armor long sleeve and he has on a pair of Nikes on till he gets to the field to put on his cleats. He has on the same baseball hat I have on the one I'm wearing is his one from last year that I stole after the season from him which I don't think he really cares. In one hand he holds his baseball bag with all his catcher gear and baseball gear and in the other he holds his keys.

"Yep let's go" I say "are your parents coming?"

"Yeah they are going to sit with your parents they were talking to them yesterday" he says after throwing his bag in the trunk.

At the game 5:55

I'm sitting with my family besides Emily and next to Caleb's mom and dad and Annie is sitting in front of us talking to Maddie. When Caleb comes up here since they have 5 minutes before the game to do whatever like get a drink or talk with someone. He's already in his purple catcher gear just missing his helmet and he's holding his glove in one hand.

"Hey guys" he says as Austin and Garret comes up with him

"Hey kids kick some ass" uncle Jimmy says really he's not my uncle he's Caleb's dad though

"We will" Austin says then hoes to talk to Annie for the rest of the time and Garret goes to sit by Maddie as he talks to her.

"Good luck" I say to Caleb right before he has to get up to go down to the field to start.

"thanks Liv" he says heading down after getting everyone's good luck from all of us. As they start the game they are in the field first so they get last at bats.

Top of the 9th inning

"Come on guys you can do it" aunt rose(Caleb's mom) screams to them as they walk on the field to start the last inning right now they are losing 5-2 and the only ones to get the runs in were Caleb and Luke. Luke hit a triple and then Caleb hit a 2 run home run but that was it and that was in the 4th inning. Luke is pitching really well it's just they keep hitting it were no one was at.

"Go tigers" dad screams as the inning starts with the Pirates first batter comes up to the plate and gets a single. The second batter comes up and he also singles and so does their third batter. Bases are loaded and there is zero outs their fourth batter comes out and Luke throws the ball to Caleb where he catches it and the runner on their was off the base pretty far so Caleb throws it to Eli and picks off the runner on third. No one can steal on Caleb his arm is just too good and he throws everyone out that tries to steal on him. The fourth batter gets back into the box and he pops it up behind the plate and Caleb rips his mask off locating the ball and catching it in his glove and then he throws it to Austin where the runner was leading off and tries to get back in time but Austin tags him right before he touches second.

"Yes" everyone screams now all they needed was 4 runs to win the games they can come back they have done it before. They are at the top of their batting order and Luke is the first batter up he hits a double. Austin comes up and hits a single, then Garret comes up and hits a single so bases are loaded. Now it's Caleb's turn to bat he comes up to bat with his bat in hand and a purple helmet that has his name and number on the back and the teams name on the front. He's also wearing only one batting glove on his left hand.

" let's go Caleb" I yell as he get in the box and waits for the pitcher to throw the ball. When the pitcher throws the ball Caleb hits it but it ends up gong foul, the next pitch he throws Caleb hits it dead on and you can hear the metal connecting with the ball. Everyone watches with anticipation as the ball sails through the air and over the fence. He just hit a grand slam to win the game 6-5 everyone is up in their seats from our school yelling. As Caleb crosses home plate they all smack his helmet as he walks to start as line to shake hands with the other team.

"They did it" dad says and I nod smiling.

"Are you guys coming over for dinner tonight?" aunt rose ask mom and dad

"Yeah we will come" mom says as they talk about what's for dinner as we wait for Caleb to come meet us at the end of the bleachers.

"You won" the twins yelling running and grabbing Caleb's legs as he gets close. I see he took of f his cleats and is now back in his Nikes.

" good job" Zac says and Caleb bends down to their height

"Thanks guys" he says to them picking them both up and walking back over to us.

"Good game" dad says to him

"Yeah really nice hit" Caleb's dad says to him as we start walking to the cars that are all parked next to each other as I take Zac from Caleb's arms. We put the boys in their seats in the mini van dad recently got a new one that is now red.

"dad can I go with Caleb?" I ask him as soon as I shut the door to the van

"Of course we will see you at their house" he says and I hug him going over to Caleb and getting in his car with him

"Nice hit" I say once we pull out after my parents and his pull out of the parking lot.

"Thanks" he says looking over at me quickly and smiling then looking back at the road.

"Yeah you played really good today" I say to him as we reach a stop light

"Thanks" he says again and starts driving as the light turns green. When we get to his house we go into and I see his parents just walking in the door with Annie. When we walk in I see Caleb's older brother Joshua but everyone calls him Josh he's in college at the same school as my sister I don't know what for though.

"Josh" I yell running up to him and hugging him

"Liv" he says laughing and hugging me back

"I haven't seen you in like a week" I say to him which is true

"Yeah I've been busy with school and work" he says he works at a restaurant

"How is work?" I ask him I think that is what he is in School for owning a restaurant or something like that.

"It's time consuming but it's fun" he says letting me go as he goes to sit down and watch tv I sit in the Corner of the couch waiting for my family to get over her since it is already 8:30. 5 minutes later my family comes walking in and Emily and the twins come and sit with us as mom and dad go into the kitchen to help cook. A couple minutes later Caleb comes downstairs in a pair of black shorts and a white tank top showing off his muscles. He comes over to me and lifts me up then sits down and sets me on his lap with his arms around my waist and my back to his chest. Seven of us are on the couch waiting for dinner.

"I'm going to go shower and change" Caleb says walking upstairs

"Kids dinner" Jimmy calls to us from the dining room as I get off Caleb's lap after he lets me go and we all walk into the dining room and sit down, while me and Caleb go help grab drinks. We grab Pepsi for the older kids and the parents and grab a juice box for the twins as we walk back into the dining room where the parents are everyone's plates in front of them with grilled chicken, corn and potatoes. Everyone is sitting in a square mom is next to dad who Is next to Jimmy who is next to rose who is next to josh who is next to Emily who is next to Annie who is next to Dylan who is next to Zac who is next to me and then Caleb and Caleb finishes the square being next to mom.

9:30

Dinner was great all we did was talk like one big family. It was so much fun since we haven't been all together like this since before school.

"We got to go" mom says to the walkers after dinner

"Okay we will see you next time" aunt rose says to mom

"For sure" dad says after he says that we help clean up before we get ready to leave. As we are getting ready to walk out the door we say our goodbyes.

"Bye Annie, bye Josh" I say to them as they say goodbye to everyone else

"I'll see you bright and early tomorrow" I say to Caleb hugging him

"Yep and I need that jersey back" he says to me and I laugh letting go of him and taking it off and handing it to him.

"Good thing you said something or I would have forgot" I say to him hugging him again as he wraps his arms around me.

" good night Liv" he says to me kissing my cheek as he lets go

"Good night Caleb" I say turning around and saying good night to his parents before following after my family. Once at my house I help mom and dad put Zac and Dylan to bed and I then go into my room after saying good night to everyone. Once I'm in my room I go change into a superman shirt and some leggings and brush my teeth. I climb in my bed as soon as the clock hits 10:00 and falling asleep thinking about today.

Thanks for reading everlark2000

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239 8 8
Every person that comes in and out throughout our life is clearly destined to give us some sort of purpose in our life. It's just like how these two...
211 0 23
She was a shy naive girl when everyone first met her or so they thought. After that first day of school they start to notice that she's different the...
5.8K 256 26
Y/N has been diagnosed with mood swings, really bad ones. One day she is happy, the next it's like she is a completely different girl. This explains...
249 53 27
Small town girl named Rose. who lost her mother when she was very young. Rose lives with her father but he is very depressed as his wife is no more w...