THE MAGICIAN ━ NYSM | ✓

By villainobrien

NOW YOU SEE ME | ❝The more you think you see, the easier it'll be to fool you.❞ [JACK WILDER] [ R E W R I T... More

THE MAGICIAN | ✓
SOUNDTRACK | ✓
FIVE HORSEMAN |✓
CATALINA L. ATLAS |✓
CHAPTER ONE |✓
CHAPTER THREE |✓
CHAPTER FOUR |✓
CHAPTER FIVE |✓
CHAPTER SIX |✓
CHAPTER SEVEN |✓
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
THANK YOU
REWRITING

CHAPTER TWO |✓

29.6K 954 623
By villainobrien

THE MAGICIAN.
chapter two

Both Catalina and Danny look up at the sound of the name they used to go by before the split into their own individual acts. Catalina examines the brown hair boy that is practically running towards her brother. He's cute, she thinks as she looks him up and down.

"Dude," the guy begins while grabbing Danny's hand and rapidly shaking it. "I've seen everything that you have ever done. You're like... I idolize you. Seriously," he tells him shaking his hand.

"From a true fan," Danny says a smirk on his face while looking at Henley and Merrit as if saying 'Ha!'. "It's so nice to meet you," Danny tells him while shaking his hand back.

Jack then turns towards Catalina who is watching him with an amused smirk on her face, her body leaning on the stair railing.

"Oh my god," he says flustered while shaking his sweaty hands to air them out. "Catalina Atlas?"

Catalina looks at him, giving direct eye contact. Like pools of endless chocolate, she thinks. "Hi," she says, the smirk still painted on her plump pink lips.

"I love you," he blurts word-vomit out quickly. "I have posters of you on my walls," the words continue to tumble, before he closes his mouth quickly in embarrassment.

Catalina smiles at him. "Really?" She asks raising an eyebrow and tilting her head the the side.

He chuckles nervously and scratches the back of his neck. "I mean, I enjoy your magic tricks because you know you're good at magic, not just because your insanely hot or anything. I think.. I think I'll just stop."

"Please do," Danny says from behind him, making the brunette flirting with his sister blush and look to the floor.

Catalina glares at her brother for embarrassing him. She puts a smirk back on her face and takes a step toward him. "Well, I would love to show you a few more of my tricks," she tells him suggestively before Danny interrupts again.

"Yeah no," he says pulling her behind him. "Go stand over there," he says pointing towards the corner of the wall by the door. "Stand in the corner and go back on your phone," he tells her.

Catalina rolls her eyes, completely ignoring him and staying where she is.

"I'm Jack, by the way," the new boy informs them to which Catalina acknowledges with a wink.

"Question, did you get one of these?" Merritt asks Jack holding up a card.

"Yeah, Death," Jack says, showing him the card he pulled from his back pocket.

"The High Priestess," Henley says holding up her card as well.

"I'm the Lover," Daniel says making Catalina snort.

"Who ever gave you that card must of been on some serious shrooms," she tells him, her and Henley chuckling at his expense. Danny glares at the two girls.

"Hermit," Merritt tells them. They all turn towards Catalina who is examining her pink painted nails with a bored look on her face. Feeling everyone's eyes on her, she looks up at them with an eyebrow raised. "Yes?"

Daniel points to his card. "Your card, what is your card."

"Oh!" She exclaims before taking out the tarot card from her back pocket. She looks at it before turning it towards the other four magicians and showing them. "I'm the Magician."

"The Magician? Why did you get the Magician?" Danny asks his sister, his eyebrows furrowed. "We're all magicians."

Catalina shrugs. "Maybe I'm just better than you guys," she says a cheeky glint in her eyes.

Danny looks at her flatly. "Who told you those lies?"

Catalina opens her mouth to argue back but Jack, sensing the brewing tension, quickly interrupts. "So, what are we... are we waiting for someone? Why are we just..uh..." Jack attempts to ask the other magicians why they're all standing in the hallway like weirdos.

"The door's locked," Henley and Daniel say at the same time.

"Oh no," Jack quickly denies. "Nothing's ever locked," he follows up before taking out an odd looking key and swiftly opening the door.

Catalina quickly takes out her phone and starts filming so if Reid's right and there truly is a serial killer than at least she can get his face on camera.

"What is this place?" Henley asks in wonder.

Catalina scruches her nose is disgust. "This is disgusting, who would even live here?" She rhetorically asks, making sure to get every rat and mold and fungus on tape. Maybe I'll send this to the Health Department. "This place should be condemned," she add on as her shoes step into something sticky.

"Oh!" Merritt exclaims. "Wow and I thought my apartment was nasty."

Jack shivers. "Man, it's freezing in here."

"What's that?" Henley asks as she looks at the set up in the middle of the room.

"I don't know," Daniel says as he walks towards it.

Catalina walks towards her brother and zooms in on him picking up a note.

"What's it say?" Merritt asks the siblings.

"Now you don't," they say in sync.

Daniel glances at his sister. "Are you filming all of this?" He asks in disbelief.

"Uh, yeah, we have no idea what's happening."

"So your first thought is to film it?" Danny asks his sister in disbelief.

"Obviously," Catalina tells him before walking to the other side of the room.

"A rose by any other name..." Henley says before putting the white rose in a vase sitting on the floor.

"Guys, what's happening?" Jack asks, panic dripping from his voice.

Catalina quickly whips her head around and zooms in on the sight of water coming out of the vase and swimming through the shape on the floor. "That is awesome!" She exclaims, shaking her head in amazement. The other magicians looking at the sight in complete awe as well.

Smoke suddenly starts creeping out of the floor and raising into the air. "It's gas!" Jack shouts.

"Relax," Merritt says calmly, trying to calm down the young magician as well. "It's just dry ice," he informs them.

"Wait," Daniel speaks up. "What do you think this is all about?" He questions the other magicians in wonder of their opinion on what the hell is currently happening.

"Hang on, hang on," Merritt says putting his index fingers on both hands on each side of his temples. "I got nothin'," he sighs with a shrug of the shoulders.

"Okay thank you," Danny tells him sarcastically. "Thank you for that delay."

Catalina rolls her eyes in annoyance. "Oh shut up, Daniel. I don't see you trying to do anything helpful."

Merritt nods at the young girl. "I'm just trying to create the space for wisdom."

"Oh okay," Danny says nodding slightly as if he understands now. "So you're like Buddha, if he wasn't so enlightened," he insults.

"And you're like Jesus, if he was arrogant and all of his miracles were fake," Merritt spits back.

"Okay lovebirds, " Henley interrupts the two before it goes any further. "Get a room. Danny, Catalina be honest," she says looking at the two siblings, her face masked with seriousness. "Did either of you do this?"

"No," they deny at the same time.

"Wait, did you?" Daniel asks the other brunette male in the room as Catlina turns her phone towards Jack.

"I wish," he tells them regretfully as if he's mentally kicking himself for not having thought of any of it.

"Why didn't anyone ask me if I did it?" Merritt asks the four other magicians but, unsurprisingly, gets ignored. "Oh, great," he sighs throwing his hands in the air.

"Electricity is out," Jack informs everyone after his failed attempt of trying to turn on the light.

"Well, let's check," Merritt says, reaching his hand to the light bulb and successfully turning it on.

"Whoa," Danny says as a blue holograph fills the room.

Henley laughs. "Blueprints."

Daniel looks at his sister. "Catalina," he says in a warning tone. "Don't lie to me, did you do this?"

Her brothers question completely goes over the young blondes head as she stares at the blue prints in amazement. "This is incredible," she gasps breathlessly, truly amazed by the holographs in front of her. Look at this," she exclaims loudly, indirectly answering her older brothers question. "Look at the photographic method of the blue dementional lights that graph these. Its amazing!" She exclaims touching the holograph in front of her. "And look at the way they modify by touch, its just fantastic. Not to mention the precision and sharply defined complexion of the pixels. I mean, the accumulation of these holography, three dementional blue prints must of taken decades," she says before turning herself and her camera towards the projecters. She walks closer examining them closer before she slowly starts to shake her head. "But judging by the blue the lasers, its only been made recently. Only a genius can do something like that," she tells them honestly.

The four other magicians look at her in confusion, their eye brows furrowed and heads tilted to the side, not understanding a word she said.

"So..." Jack says still not quite sure of how to reply to what the young blonde had just said. "What exactly is this?" he asks her, hoping she might speak English this time.

"Blueprints," she says slowly. "Like Henley said," she says, nodding her head towards the other girl in the room, who grins in return.

"Yeah, but to what?" Her brother asks touching the blue pixels and moving them around.

Catalina looks at all of them in disbelief. Have they seriously not gotten it yet? "Isn't it obvious? There blueprints to a show!"

NOTE.
so i know this is considerably shorter than the first chapter and honestly you guys are kinda gonna have to expect this. idk why but no matter how hard i try none of the chapters end up even. so sorry but unfortunately the chapters are gonna be inconsistent with size.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 8.7K 31
You were so much better than the rest of them. DRUIG / FEM OC [ MARVELS ETERNALS ]
548K 11.8K 115
{joey tribbiani ff} •book one• Heather Bing moves to New York, hoping that her life will continue to be as perfect as it currently is. She has a comf...
172K 3.9K 28
jamais vu [ʒa.mɛ.vy] never seen. refers to the phenomenon of experiencing a situation that one recognizes in some fashion, but nonetheless seems very...