One Night

By MonicaMurphyauthor

There's a party over at Jordan Tuttle's house tonight and everyone is there. Including... Olivia: Who's leavi... More

Chapter 1 - Olivia
Chapter 3 - Tuttle
Chapter 4 - Emily
Chapter 5 - Cannon
Chapter 6 - Amanda
Chapter 7 - Olivia
Chapter 8 - Dustin
Chapter 9 - Tuttle
Chapter 10 - Emily
Chapter 11 - Cannon
Chapter 12 - Amanda
Chapter 13 - Tuttle
Chapter 14 - Cannon
Chapter 15 - Emily
Chapter 16 - Amanda
Chapter 17 - Dustin
Chapter 18 - Olivia

Chapter 2 - Dustin

1.9K 37 6
By MonicaMurphyauthor

She makes me fucking crazy.

Olivia Hudson, my best friend, my first kiss, the first girl who ever touched my dick, the first girl I ever made come, the first and only girl I've ever been in love with, doesn't love me back.

Not in the way I want.

I try my damnedest to play it cool with her, but that rarely works. I always end up revealing my hand, revealing my feelings when I'm in her presence, and she either acts like she's completely oblivious or that she doesn't want to know.

And that sucks.

So here we are at this stupid party at Tuttle's house, the night before she leaves for her dad's for like, six weeks. There are so many people everywhere, the front yard and back, the pool, the hot tub, it's like I can't avoid anyone even if I tried. They're all people I know, most of them I'm friends with or at least know, but shit. I want a moment of quiet. I want privacy. I want Livvy in my arms, my mouth locked with hers and my hands roaming all over her hot body...

"Have one of these." A cold beer is suddenly shoved into my hand. "Looks like you need it."

I smile in relief and crack the can open, the satisfying hiss still sounding when I bring it to my lips and drain half of it in record time. "Thanks," I say as I wipe the back of my hand across my mouth.

Jordan Tuttle sends me an unreadable look, nodding toward Livvy, who's already wandering off. "What's the deal between you two?"

"I have no clue." I sound disgusted because damn it, I am disgusted. And frustrated. So sexually frustrated I feel like I could blow the next time someone accidentally touches my dick.

"Isn't that Olivia Hudson?" Tuttle asks, his brow lowered in confusion.

Give me a break. He knows exactly who she is. We've all been going to school together for what feels like forever and our high school isn't that huge. He only has a select group of friends and he's fairly standoffish with everyone, including those so-called friends, so I guess I should consider myself lucky Tuttle talks to me at all.

"Yeah, it's Liv." I grimace, hating how her name leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I can't be angry with her. It's a waste of time and emotion. If I had any balls, I'd go to her and tell her how i really feel.

But I'm fairly certain she'd freak out, so I keep my mouth shut.

"I haven't talked to that chick since eighth grade." He frowns. "Maybe even longer. Maybe not since sixth grade."

"She isn't your type." Meaning if they don't easily spread their legs and give him what he wants, then they're not Tuttle's type at all. He's a screw 'em and leave 'em type of guy.

I've contemplated more than once about trying to adopt his attitude. Tuttle seems to move through the halls at school like he's untouchable. The girls know his game, know that he'll never give them what they really want.

And that's every bit of himself. Where I'm like a jackass ready to give it all up to a girl who's blind to whatever I'm willing to offer.

"I assume you're hitting that?" Tuttle asks.

I laugh, then stop when I realize I sound bitter as hell. "Nah. We're just friends."

He laughs too, tipping his beer to his lips after he drawls, "Right."

Scowling, I walk away, not in the mood for Tuttle's shit anymore.

But when am I ever?

I push my way through the crowd, the music loud, the bass making the floor vibrate. A group of girls say my name, waving at me when I make eye contact and I wave back, offer up a little smirk. They giggle as they turn away, one of them squealing over how tall I am and I'm tempted to go join them. I'm looking to flirt. Looking for that adoration I suddenly feel the need for. I want to let go tonight.

Hell, I need to let go.

"Baby cakes!" Thin arms wrap around my neck as a slender body presses against mine from behind. I recognize her scent, her voice, the way her nails scratch my neck, just sharp enough to make me worry she might draw blood.

"Em." I turn to face her and she readjusts her hold so she's gripping my shoulders, smiling up at me seductively. "What are you doing?"

"What's it look like? Let's dance, D." She starts to move right there in the middle of the room to the beat of the music, her hips thrusting, her boobs bouncing beneath the stretchy fabric of her top. I don't think she's wearing a bra.

And I can't help but stare.

Em smiles and tosses back her head, laughing as her hips somehow bump against mine. She knows exactly what she's doing and she loves it. Honestly? So do I.

I shouldn't, but I do.

"Don't be so stiff," she chastises, her lips curled in a dirty smirk. "Though I probably would prefer you stiff..."

"Em." My voice is a warning but she ignores it. She's been playing this flirtatious game with me for months. Practically our entire junior year, not that she ever acts this way when Liv's around. I don't know what her deal is, but I've never mentioned it to Livvy either, because I don't want them to fight. It's mostly harmless anyway. Em likes to flirt. It's just her way.

But those two girls can be so jealous of each other. I know they are, though they'd never admit it out loud. They're supposedly best friends, but sometimes I wonder if they're more like best enemies...

"Oh, stop being such a downer. She's not around. Not like she wants you anyway." She shifts closer as the song changes to a slower beat and we start to sway to the music. "You're not a bad dancer, D."

I hate dancing. I'm not any good at it. "Is that what we're doing right now? Dancing?"

"We could do more if you want," she whispers, leaning in so close. "I'm always willing, unlike someone else we know."

Is it wrong that I'm tempted? I'm not even drunk yet, but I wonder what would happen if I took Em up on her offer. If we could keep it our little secret and mess around behind Livvy's back. I bet Em would let me do just about anything I wanted to her.

Anything. And everything.

"We can't," I tell her. It's my usual protest. She's heard me say those two words more than a few times.

"Says who?" Her smile is pure seduction. The way she sinks her teeth into her lower lip, her dark hair falling into her eyes. She blinks up at me, working it. Working me hard.

And I'm half falling for it, I swear to God.

"Says me." My voice is firm. I won't back down. I can't sneak around behind Livvy's back with her best friend. It doesn't matter that Livvy won't give me what I want—a relationship. I can't be disloyal to her like that. I'd feel like I was cheating on her if I messed around with Em.

Stupid, I know. But I can't help the way I feel.

A sigh escapes her and she tucks her hair behind her ear before she reaches for my face, her fingers drifting across my lips for the briefest moment. A ghost of a touch that makes me go completely still. "We're going to be alone all summer—just the two of us. She's leaving us tomorrow and not coming back until school practically starts." Em hesitates, pouting for a moment. "We're going to get awfully lonely."

"You think?" Em is hot—most of the time a hot mess, but there's something attractive about her messiness. She's not what I would call stable. She likes to party. Get drunk, get high, it doesn't really matter. She's a major flirt and I've heard rumors that during the last few months of school, she became somewhat of a BJ queen.

The rumors I heard claimed she was pretty damn good at it, too.

"I know. And I know something else, too."

"What?" I touch her hip, my fingers sliding just beneath the hem of her shirt. I shouldn't do this, but her skin is soft. Warm. And she's letting me touch her, not pulling away, not making a big deal out of it like Livvy would. It's like she doesn't even want me to touch her in public.

I could probably feel Em up right here in the middle of the living room and she'd let me.

"You need to know that I'll always be here for you, Dustin. We could spend the summer together, just you and I, doing whatever you want, and she'll never have to know." She rises up on tiptoe and kisses my jaw, her lingering lips soft against my skin. "Just remember that," she whispers close to my ear.

And then Em's gone.

"Hey!"

I whirl around to find Livvy standing in front of me, a frown on her pretty face, hands resting on her hips, looking sexy as hell. "What's up?" I ask, running a shaky hand through my hair. My entire body feels like it's been electrocuted after what Em said to me. How she touched me.

Did Livvy see?

Damn, I hope not.

She smiles, her entire face lighting up. "You wanna go hang out by the pool?"

"Sure." She takes my hand, her fingers linking with mine, shocking me. "You want to swim?"

"I didn't wear a swimsuit," she tells me as she drags me through the living room and into the kitchen.

"You don't need one," I tease and she giggles, shaking her head.

"I'm not going skinny dipping at Tuttle's house. That's a setup for disaster."

She's right. But just about anything we might want to do tonight could end up a setup for a disaster.

Like it matters.

We're all gonna do whatever the hell we want anyway.

* * *

Sigh, Dustin. And Em. And Livvy. What a tangled web they weave! Thank you for reading and if you happen to vote/comment/share with your friends, I'd love you forever! (Seriously, I already love you all so there).  Chapter 3 is now UP!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/justfriendsseries/

http://www.instagram.com/monicamurphyauthor

https://www.pinterest.com/msmonicamurphy/just-friends/

http://www.twitter.com/msmonicamurphy

http://www.facebook.com/monicamurphyauthor

http://www.monicamurphyauthor.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5K 28
In which Taehyung did not sign up for any of this, Jungkook is trying way too hard not to laugh at his hyungs, Namjoon is the Aplha wolf, Yoongi real...
3.1M 78.1K 23
BOOK 2! **Must read My Paid Boyfriend before reading this!** You know the story of Jeremy and Sky. How Sky left Jeremy thinking it was better for hi...
53K 3.2K 58
Meet Quinn Machester. An actress in her late twenties who lives for the day she'll finally get her lead role and be the leading lady. She's the type...
9.1M 256K 52
[THIS BOOK WILL BECOME FREE ON MAY 28TH!!!!!!] Getting stuck in the elevator with a famous hockey player was an accident, but falling in love is a c...