Stuck in an Elevator

By pun-kish

Ever been stuck on an elevator? Try being stuck in an elevator for 30 hours straight with nothing but a worn... More

Stuck in an Elevator
Chapitre Uno.
Chapitre Dos.
Chapitre Tres.
Chapitre Cuatro.
Chapitre Cinco.
Chapitre Seis.
Chapitre Siete.
Chapitre Ocho.
Chapitre Nueve.
Chapitre Diez.
Chapitre Once.
Chapitre Doce.
Chapitre Trece.
Chapitre Catorce.
Chapitre Quince.
Chapitre Dieciséis.
Chapitre Diecisiete.
Chapitre Dieciocho.
Chapitre Diecinueve.
Chapitre Veinte.
Chapitre Veintiuno.
Chapitre Veintidós.
Chapitre Veintitrés.
Chapitre Veinticuatro.
Chapitre Veinticinco.
Chapitre Veintiséis.
Chapitre Veintisiete.
Chapitre Veintiocho.
Chapitre Veintinueve.
Chapitre Trienta.
Chapitre Trienta Y Dos.
Chapitre Trienta Y Tres.
Chapitre Treinta Y Cuatro.
Chapitre Treinta Y Cinco.
Chapitre Treinta Y Seis.
Chapitre Treinta Y Siete.
Epilogue.
*Authors Note*
SCREW SOCIETY ***PLEASE READ***
ONE SHOT CONTEST! (and other news)

Chapitre Trienta Y Uno.

52.2K 1.9K 627
By pun-kish

Chapitre Trienta Y Uno. 

           "Looks like it finally happened," Dr. Martin began saying. He flashed something in my eyes, making my vision turn light gray instead of all black, but I still couldn't see anything at all. I hoped that maybe I would be lucky enough to see shapes, colors, something, but not this, complete and utter darkness.

           "You are indeed blind." 

           No shit Sherlock.

           It's amazing to think that all this time, I had so much hope for the future, that maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't become blind. But of course, reality always seems to have a twist for things.

           I was terrified, to say the least. Terrified to have to face the world without being able to see. Terrified of learning how to live the rest of my life this way. Terrified of not seeing the people I love.

           Tears built up in my eyes, as my mind wondered, saying that this was my life now and I would just have to get used to it.

           My hearing was good, maybe when you lose one of your senses, all your other senses become better, because I was getting quite overwhelmed with everyone's voices, and when things started falling to the floor. And when the doctor wrote something on his clipboard. I could just hear everything, and see nothing.

           Erin put her hand on my back, rubbing circles, trying to comfort me. Thank goodness for her, not even my own family would do that for me.

           "And there's nothing you can do about it?" My voice came out raspy, a little bit of hope still shining through. I heard him shift, writing something down, I think. At least it sounded like that.

           "What do you mean," He asked, in a perplexed tone. "There's nothing I can do, unless some hero donates their eyes to you, but there would be no guarntee that you would get your vision back..."

           He continued to talk, but I just zoned out, isolating myself from society. My mom was silently crying in the corner, my dad rubbing her back, and my sister was probably looking at her nails in a bored way. Meanwhile, I was just lost in my own dark world.

           Literally.

***

           So, I realized that parties were never going to be my thing, because 2 life changing experiences basically happened at both. And now being blind, I would never be able to go to one without being kidnapped or something.

           Erin was by my side through it all. She was the one who rushed me to the hospital the day after the party when I woke up and couldn't see anything. If she didn't sleep over that night, I don't know what I would have done.

           Visitors after visitors came to our house, asking me questions about my eyes, and what it was like without seeing. Tears were exchanged and food was given. I would say that I love all my relatives, but some were just annoying as hell.

           "Wait, so, you can't see?"

           "No."

           "I'm shaking my hand in front of my face, can you see that?"

           "No."

           "Do you have to start using that walking thing that you waggle infront of you to make sure you don't walk into a pole?"

           "Yes."

           "Are you gonna learn braile?"

           "Probably."

           "You are so strong, Skylar, God bless you, you'll always be in our prayers."

           And so the past few days went on like that. Relatives after relatives came in and talked to me, moving my head to face them because I had thought they were to the right of me, when really, they were directly in front of me.

           Being alone was the scariest part. It was a never ending darkness. Sleeping wasn't even sleep anymore, it was just a continuation of the darkness. But the fun thing is, I could see in my dream.

***

           Today was the day of the wedding. The relatives that visited me would tell me that I didn't have to go, but I wanted too.

           I made a promise to myself when I first found out I was going blind. I made a promise that being blind wouldn't inturrupt my life and my happiness, along with others. So I was going to keep that promise.

           "I'm curling your hair." Erin called, authority filled her voice. She hadn't left my side since I became blind. To say that I was thankful to have her would be an understatment, she has been my eyes for the past few days and I couldn't thank her enough.

           "Well, obviously, I can't exactly see what I would be doing." I say sarcastically, as she began curling. I smelt like strawberries, after taking a long, soothing shower. It was hard to shower, I didn't know where half the things were, and asking Erin where they were was beyond embarrassing, even though she was my best friend.

           "Remember how the doctor said someone could give you their eyes?" Erin mumbled after a few minutes of silence. The hot curls flowed down my back, sending heat through me.

           "Yeah, but don't even think about it Erin, don't be stupid." I snapped at her, shaking my head slightly. I knew she was thinking about it, best friend telepathy.

           She sighed, but didn't say anything, which I was thankful for. 

           "I'm scared to see," I paused for a moment, sighing. "I meant, I'm scared of Noah and Daniel seeing me like this."

           "Don't be scared, Noah is an amazing guy who will guide you through the night, and Daniel may be a douche but I know he cares about you."

***

           Slipping into my red dress, I smiled, even though I couldn't see how I looked. I thought back to the day when I picked out the dress with Noah, and remembered how amazing and confident I felt in it.

           Erin curled my hair, and put on light makeup for me. Fixing my dress and purse for me, yelling from the bathroom that there was a condom in there just in case.

           Erin fixed me to perfection, as my mom admitted. They told me how flawless my makeup was, and I could feel Erin smirking in satisfaction.

           My best friend slipped a pair of flats onto my feet, gladly she wasn't going to make a blind girl wear 4 inch high heels.

           "Babe, you look amazing," Erin gushed over and over again, continuously running fingers through my hair. I rolled my eyes, thinking to myself, 'Damn, I wish I could see myself.' 

           But I guess being blind was all a part of the mystery.

           I descended the staircase, holding my dress up so I wouldn't fall, but then stopped abrutly, as I thought of Tyler teaching me an easy way for going down the stairs.

           I smiled and sat down on the stairs, and went down, sliding bumpily. 

           You may be asking what happened to Tyler, where was he, did he come visit me? The answer is no. He hasn't called, stopped by, or asking how I was doing. But I didn't mind.

           Who would wanna be friends with someone who wouldn't be able to see anyways?

           "Skylar Greene! What in the world are you doing?!" My mother screetched, reaching down and pulling me up by my arms. I laughed and shook her off, feeling awkward as I felt people's eyes on me.

           "Guys, I might be blind, but that doesn't mean I can't feel your eyes on me," I said in an amused voice. I tension I felt earlier in the air went away as colongne filled my nostrils. "Noah?"

           "How'd you guess?"

           "You smell like Old Spice all the time, it makes it easy to identify who you are," I mumbled, blushing as his hands wrapped around my waist.

           "And you know what makes you easy to identify?" I shook my head, leaning closer to him, not knowing where to look. "Your beauty."

           I chuckled and shook my head at his cheesy but cute compliment. Camera lights flashed around us, as my mom wanted to take pictures. 

           Pictures were the worst. I didn't know where the eye of the camera was, making it really awkward for me. Noah thankfully said that we should get going, which I immediately agreed too.

           "Noah," I mumbled in a nervous voice, as my mom finally laid off on the pictures. "Don't leave my side tonight, okay?"

           "You didn't have to ask, I wasn't planning on leaving your side anyways,"

           "Wait!" My sister shouted from upstairs. "I want pictures with Daniel!" 

           Her heels came clicking down the stairs in hurried steps, which honestly made me scared that she might fall down and break her neck.

           It clicked in my head what she had said, and I stilled in my spot.

           Daniel was in here.

           I just did not know where he was.

***

Short and slightly stupid chapter, I know.

I've just had a lot on my mind but I needed to write. Hehehehe :)

I hope you enjoyed despite the stupidness, but the next chapter is the wedding yay :D

Vote.

Comment.

Love you, my lovelies. 

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 94 50
See what happens when a down on her luck 28 year old gets stuck in an elevator with Harry Styles of One Direction. Will she find love in the least l...
45.5K 1.5K 12
When two delayed passengers find themselves stuck with each other for over four hours, they find out more than they expected and arrive in London wit...
387K 8.7K 17
Getting lost usually sucks ass and this is no exception. This is the story of Erin, who steps into the wrong building and thus the wrong elevator, wh...
95.9K 1.7K 52
What happens when your stuck in a elevator with a bunch of viners read too find out.