The Billionaire's Secret Sist...

Autorstwa _trusted

Lyndsy Callaway, a 17 year old senior who is struggling, financially with her adoptive mother. Jason Arscott... Więcej

Introduction ✷
Chapter 1- Arscott ✓
Chapter 2- Flashback ✓
Chapter 3- Leaving ✓
Chapter 4 - Hotel
Chapter 5- Arscott Industries
Chapter 6 - Billionaire with a Hangover
Chapter 7 - Meeting Her
Chapter 8 - Blood Test
Chapter 9 - Lying
Chapter 10 - Secretive
Chapter 11- Gun
Chapter 12- Answers
Chapter 13- ...things
Chapter 14- Promise Me
Chapter 16- Meredith Harper
Chapter 17- "Stalk"
Chapter 18- Relationships
Chapter 19- Bonding
Chapter 20- VXR
Chapter 21- Lockdown

Chapter 15- Trust

2.3K 88 6
Autorstwa _trusted

Chapter 15-Trust

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."

-Criss Jami

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- FIRST PERSON

The ride was comfortably silent as Ryder drove and I entertained myself by staring out the window. It was a blacked out window where nobody could see from the outside.

Minutes passed and we soon arrived at the destination, 'HADLEY CEMETERY' the sign read. My stomach dropped as I realized where we were. Flack backs flooded my mind of the last time I was in a cemetery. 

Ryder exited the car and came over to my side while I was distracted and opened the door for me.

I snapped out of it and exited without saying a word. He understood and guided me through the gravestones. His hand was on my back as we walked, making sure I stayed close in case anyone were to attack us. I could tell he was tense by his posture but put that at the back if my mind.

We stood in silence.

I stared at the 3 graves that stood in front of us, the eerie atmosphere was suffocating. 3 separate flowers were laid out, a daisy, a delilah, and a rose, all of which were white.

"He left flowers here everyday for the first few months, but never stopped visiting." Ryder said quietly. In response, I absently nodded any head and knelt down to the first stone, the one with the Delilah.

Nathan Arscott
Beloved father
Always remembered, never forgotten
1968-2006

I lightly touched the black lettering of the stone with  curiosity of what my father was like. I felt a small pang of hurt as a gazed as the grave. Sucking it in, my eyes drifted towards the next one to the right, the one with the Rose.

Rosalyn Arscott
Beloved mother
Forever in our hearts
1969-2006

A woman smiling and laughing flashed in my mind causing me to gasp quietly and straighten my back. Behind me, I could hear Ryder shifting his stance as if something was to happen. As quickly as the flashes came they left, leaving me disappointed and shocked.

I decided to come back to that later and moved over to the last gravestone.

Lyndsy Arscott
Beloved sister/daughter
Taken away too soon
1999-2006

Seeing your own gravestone is kind of surreal. I knew that nothing was buried underneath, but I understood that one day it wouldn't be empty and instead I would be 6 ft under.

Maybe the Lyndsy, Rose, and Nathan raised did die in the car crash, leaving me to be the shell of the girl, a replacement.

I sucked in a deep breath and looked back at the grave.

The graves looked a little worn out from having been outdoors for a decade. I touched the rough stone and traced the lettering, hoping to spark some sort of memory like it did with the others.

"I don't remember them." I stated in a broken whisper, after a moment. Sure I remembered bits and flashes, but I didn't know them. I don't remember the lullabies my mother might've sung to me or my father encouraging me to be a good person. The only memories I had before 7 was bits of flashes and sitting in the car. I remembered Jason to an extent, but not enough.

I didn't realize tears were falling down my cheeks until a rough calloused hand took my cheek and wiped away a stray tear. Steely gray eyes stared into mine, the usually cold and calculating Irises softened as he read my eyes.

I broke down and collapsed into his arms, giving him an embrace, not caring if he was trying to hurt me hours ago.

He didn't seem to mind as I cried and a sobbed all over his expensive suit, instead he used his thumb so draw soothing circles on my shoulder as I slowly drifted into unconsciousness. The last thing I remembered was a prick of a needle and the footsteps of a black booted person. 

THIRD PERSON- RYDER WILDE

Ryder Elliot Wilde was pissed. 

A random girl comes into the intricate and complex lives of the rich trio claiming to be Jason's sister, who was supposed to dead. The worst part was the fact that he could not determine if she was a faker or the real sibling. 

He spent years trying to master the art of reading people. Like a spy she was emotionless, but only showed emotion to her friends or brother. That could be from years of the trauma causing her to not show expression, but still, he made sure to keep and eye on her. 

His suspicions arose when she found the flash drive, blackmailed him, and trashed the apartment in a messy fight. He was almost completely sure that she was a spy. 

Then that lead up to this. Ryder gave her the benefit of the doubt when she actually broke down and in front of her parent's grave. Either she was a really good actress or they were genuine, he decided she was not a threat. 

However, the agency ruined everything once they showed up a the cemetery and tranquilized the girl. 

The agents took action immediately and tried to grab him, but Ryder's instincts were on point as he took his assailant who was trying to attack from behind and flipped him over his back in a swift move causing the guy to land onto another. Ryder got up quickly maneuvered himself so he could grab the closest guy to him in a headlock. He made sure to avoid an unconscious Lyndsy Arscott on the ground. 

Once in the position he squeezed just hard enough to knock him out and not kill. 

It went on for a couple of minutes, all of them trying to find a weak spot in his defenses. He stood over Lyndsy in a protective way. "Stand down!" A booming voice commanded causing everyone except Ryder to lower their defense. Some of the men moved over to make a path for the notorious Meredith Harper. all their eyes stared straight ahead and a respect for the woman was shown on all their faces. She gave a Ryder a deceptively sweet smile. 

-

"Welcome Agent 28."

"This was all just a test?!" He demanded, glaring at her as they walked into the underground compound at a hidden location.

"Careful Mr. Wilde, I don't like the way your speaking to your superior." She said with a warning glare and smooth tone.

"I apologize Ms. Harper," He venomously spat out, trying to be respectful to a certain extent, "I would just like an explanation to the previous events."

They entered Meredith's spacious office, once in, she gestured for him to sit while she was on the other side of the desk.

"Lyndsy Arscott is one of the few loose ends we have in the agency." She began, "Her body was 'lost' at the hospital, as you know, but we were sure she was dead. There was no proper burial, nobody ever saw her again, alive or dead, until now. We checked out any possible leads to why she disappeared, but found nothing. We were positive she did not make it."

"So Lyndsy Arscott is dead." Ryder stated trying to connect the dots.

"That's-" She started, but was interrupted by an alert on her phone, "We have to complete this conversation later, Mr. Wilde, Ms. Arscott seems to be conscious now." They both got up from their respective chairs and began to exit the room.

The pair walked to the viewing glass of the room she was in. It was one sided so she could not see them. Everything was white in there, her outfit changed to a white top and bottom, matching the cover of the room.

Meredith walked off, leaving Ryder to himself, until an high level agent walked up to him.

"Mr. Wilde, some people lie and some people tell the truth, the lines get blurred sometimes. It could very well be that the girl in that room is the actual girl, brainwashed, or even lying." The agent spoke up. "The higher up officials will do anything to weed out the weak or the unintelligent to get the best of the best. Utilizing endless amounts of mind games and tests. Don't trust anyone." He warned.

The agent then walked away, leaving before anyone could see him, after giving the warning.

Ryder already knew about the mind games, they were unpredictable. But this was different, he was absolutely sure that the girl was the girl she said she was. He didn't graduate at the top of his training for no reason.

He brushed the warning at the back of his head for another time and began to walk towards the door with the purpose of getting answers out of the girl, willingly or not.

*SEVERELY UNEDITED*

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

My New Life Autorstwa <3

Dla nastolatków

1.8M 46.2K 137
Alexis whitmore is a 16 year old girl in sophomore year who is very happy, caring, troubling, loves to go out and a party girl. She loves to play bas...
231K 5.2K 25
Highest rankings #1 in Lola #1 in Jayden #75 in humor #8 in heartbreak #25 in billionaire What happens when two rival families are joined by marri...
1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
1.1M 49K 28
"I've wanted you my whole life, Scar, and when I'm finally here with you, you're married..." Scarlett Knightwell has it all. Multi-millionaire compan...