Smiles {Tadashi X Reader}

By AbbyTheTurtleFanfics

No one enjoys moving houses. There's so much work and stress involved. But, after seventeen years in the same... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 17

2.8K 95 85
By AbbyTheTurtleFanfics

Hello. I'm glad that you showed up. Oh yeah. Haven't updated in so long that you're all gone. Oh well. Still gonna publish this because why not?

(f/c): favorite color
(ftos): favorite type of shoe

Saturday. My date with Tadashi is today.

I have no idea how much noise I was making, but I hear my mom knocking on my door, asking if I need an ambulance.

"Nope, I'm completely fine!"

I'M NOT FINE WHAT IS THIS DATING YOU SPEAK OF?!

I go through shirt after shirt after shirt after shirt. Nothing screams, "Hey, you look really amazing and like you totally know what to wear on this date!"

I quickly grab my phone and call Max. He went back to sleeping at his house a few days ago. So far, all is well there. 

"What do you wear on a movie date?" I ask him, pacing nervously.

"I don't know," he answers. "Jeans and a t-shirt?"

"But then it'll look like I don't care about this date at all!"

"Well, you can't wear a prom dress to a movie date."

"No dip, Sherlock."

Max sounds offended. "I was trying to help you, child!"

"What shirt do I wear?" I'm beginning to sound desperate, and it's only ten o'clock in the morning. Tadashi isn't supposed to be here until seven o'clock.

"Uhhhh...oh! What about that (f/c), long, silk sorta texture shirt that you like to wear a lot?"

"Yes! Thank you friend!" I hang up and toss my phone back onto my bed.

I have my outfit picked out now. That (f/c) shirt Max helped me with, some jeans (boot cut or skinny, whichever you prefer), and black (ftos). I lay everything out on my bed and step back. Not even noon and I have the outfit ready. Good for me.

I rush downstairs, still in a my anxious state at the thought of this date. I eat a bowl of cereal quickly, almost choking a couple of times.

"Honey, you're going to get milk everywhere. Slow down." Mom slowly takes the spoon from my hand and sets it down next to the bowl.

"Sorry. I'm just really excited and anxious and scared." I put my hands on my face and my elbows on the counter.

"I know." She sits down next to me at the bar. "I remember my first date with a boy. He had long blond hair and a British accent and smelled like cheese." She looks longingly at the wall.

"Interesting," I say, chuckling slightly. "What was his name?"

"Richard Ween." She sighs.

"Sounds like you really liked this guy."

"I did. Until he left me for Belle Grosse." (If you speak any French you'll know why I'm laughing to myself right now.)

I blink. "Uhh...that's...bad?"

Mom laughs and pats me on the back. "I'm probably just annoying you. I'll let you finish your cereal." She stands up and walks out to the living room. I hear a tragic romantic movie playing a couple of minutes later.

I go back upstairs after my breakfast. My phone is going bonkers. I quickly grab it and open it up to see the dreaded group chat has come to life.

Max: Hola humans.

Hiro: Why are you texting on the group chat?

Max: Because I'm an annoying piece of crap and I felt like it. :)

Hiro: Jeez

Tadashi: Yeah, thanks sooo much Max. Not busy or anything.

Max: Yay! You can all talk then!

Tadashi: -_-

Max: Let's spam (Y/n) while we wait for her!

Max: (Y/n).

Max: (Y/n).

Max: Hey. Hey. Hey (Y/n).

Max: (Y/nnnnn).

Max: (Y/nnnnnnnn.)

(Y/n): WHAT DO YOU ALL WANT!

Max: Hi

(Y/n): I will impale you with a fork.

Max: Jeez okay adios

I look at my clock. 12:45. Can this day go any slower than it already is??

I decide to text Tadashi and see what he's up to.

(Y/n): Hello human person

Tadashi: Hi haha

(Y/n): What are you doing?

Tadashi: Well, I can't exactly get all of this blood off of my clothes. That's currently what's taking up all of my time.

(Y/n): Oo. Did you murder someone? Send a picture of the body to me?

Tadashi: (Y/N)!

(Y/n): What?

(Y/n): Dead bodies are cool.

Tadashi: Of course you'd say that.

(Y/n): You know me so well.

Tadashi: Yeah, I guess haha

(Y/n): Just an FYI, warm water doesn't work on getting blood out of clothes. Use cold water.

Tadashi: Great, thanks 😂

(Y/n): Anything for my date tonight :) 😂

Tadashi: ;)

I smile and put my phone on my dresser. I look around and spot my backpack. With homework in it. I sigh and grab it, tossing it onto my bed. I suppose I need to do something while I wait for my date.

----------

Two hours later and I'm done with my homework. It's only 3:00 and I have nothing else to do. My room is (for the most part) clean, I don't have any chores that need done, and I don't have homework. I can't go to the café, that'd be sort of weird since Tadashi's supposed to be picking me up later.

I literally have nothing to do.

My phone goes off again, indicating a new text message. I quickly look at it, desperate for something to do.

Max: Hiro and I are coming over

What?

I jump off of my bed and run downstairs. I open the door and look across the street. Max and Hiro, with lattes in their hands, are walking this way.

I roll my eyes and step onto the porch. They get there in a minute, both with smiles on their faces.

"Hello, friends," I say sarcastically.

Max thrusts a latte into my hand. "Hey, we know you're bored."

I roll my eyes again and smile. I usher them into the house and up to my room. The tragic romantic movie of my mom's is still on.

"So, what brings you two here other than to alleviate my boredom and bring lattes?" I sit down on my bed.

Max takes a spot on my beanbag chair in the corner. "We were hanging out at the café, got bored, and decided to come over."

"Why aren't you ready for your date yet?" Hiro asks, sitting down on the floor.

"Because it's only 3:30..." I say slowly. "The date isn't until 7:00."

"Ah." Hiro nods, sipping his latte. 

"What are you wearing?" Max asks. 

I motion over to my outfit, which I hung on the closet door, and look down at my phone in my hand. 

"Niiiice." 

"Thanks." I don't even look up. 

"Acknowledge us!" Max tosses a pillow I had on the floor at me. It hits me in the head. 

"Hey!" I grab a stuffed bear off of my night stand and throw it as hard as I can at him. He catches it in one hand and throws it at Hiro. It hits him in the neck.

"Dude!" He charges at Max, grabbing the beanbag chair that he's sitting on and begins to drag it around the room. 

"Ah! (Y/n), help me!" Max grips the sides of the beanbag chair, amused fear on his face. 

"Nah, I'm joining in!" I grab the beanbag next to Hiro's hands and help him drag it into the hallway. 

"Mrs. (L/n), help me up here!" Max yells downstairs. 

I hear my mom go to the stairs. "What?"

"Nothing!" Hiro and I say at the same time as we reach the top of the stairs with the beanbag. 

Mom looks at us from the bottom of the stairs, clearly confused. "What are you doing to Max?"

I look at Hiro and Hiro looks at me. Max looks up at both of us. I look back to my mom. "We have no idea," I reply.

She sighs. "Okay. That's fine. Just don't injure him. You'll have to call off your date to take him to the emergency room." 

I nod. "Right. Wouldn't want to do that."

My mom walks away, probably to finish her movie or start another one. 

"If you get hurt don't make any noise," I tell Max. 

"It's nice to know you care," he says, an offended look on his face. 

Hiro and I laugh and drag the beanbag further down the hall. 

//////////

(A/n): Okay, so the date will be the next chapter. Hopefully.) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6.1K 75
This is a Hiro x Reader, the title means to love in Latin. It is about (Y/n), who goes the Hiro every year, there she meets the whole crew. Later on...
23.8K 965 23
Rosabella "Rose" Nanami is forced to follow wherever her father's job lands him, and it just so happens that the Nanami family must now make a living...
137K 3.5K 18
❝ We didn't set out to be superheroes, but sometimes life doesn't go the way you planned. ❞ ✧.*༄ Robotics prodigies Hiro and (Y/N) live in the city o...
9.5K 253 82
Jada Greenville*not the one from one of my previous story* goes to San Fransokyo academy for Art and meets a boy Hiro Hamada who finds her attractiv...