The Unknown Tomlinson

By free_hearts_

Ellie Wilson is a normal seventeen year old girl. Her life has had its ups and downs. She lives with her aunt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note

Chapter 19

4.7K 165 20
By free_hearts_

Chapter 19

The concert started about twenty minutes ago. I was backstage waiting for the boys to call me out. Twitter questions will be coming up soon, and I'm eager to see what people have come up with.

Simon explained everything to me before the show started. He said that I would be going on stage whenever the boys called me out. I would answer Twitter questions, if needed, and do whatever else.

I'm kind of excited to walk on stage. I mean I'm not performing or anything, but I'm still happy about it. Honestly, I think I'm just grateful that I'm here. The boys have done so much for me in so little time. I wish I could return the favor somehow, but I'm not really sure how that would work. They have everything they could possibly want in life. What could I give them that they don't already have?

The boys finished up singing One Way or Another. From where I was standing, I was able to see the stage. The boys were in the middle of bowing. They stood up straight again and smiled at the crowd.

Harry leaned over and whispered something in Liam's ear. Liam nodded as Harry put his microphone to his lips.

"Wow! You guys are a great crowd!" he said into the microphone. He earned screams from the audience.

"We would just like to say a massive thank you to each and every one of you. Without you, we wouldn't be here," said Niall. Screams were heard once again.

Louis smiled before he began to speak. "We're gonna answer some Twitter questions now, but we need someone to help us do that," he said.

"Now some of you may know her as the girl on the Alan Carr show, ir the girl who won Louis' contest," explained Zayn.

"Well here she is. Ellie Wilson!" Liam yelled into his microphone.

Someone backstage handed me a microphone before I stepped on stage. I was smiling ear to ear as screaming was heard throughout the arena. The light nearly blinded me at first, but I got used to it after a few seconds. I walked over to the boys and stood next to Zayn and Louis.

Simon had made it clear before the show to not give the fans any hints about me and Harry. If it came up during the Twitter questions, though, then we could tell them if we wanted to.

"Hey, lads," I said into my mic. The boys smiled, and Louis slung his arm over my shoulders.

"For those of you who don't know Ellie, she is the girl who won a radio contest that I was hosting. She was only supposed to stay with me for a weekend, but we extended it. So now, she will be with me until Monday morning," said Louis.

"She's been with us since Friday, and we have gotten to know her really well," said Zayn.

"That's right. I think once Ellie leaves to go home, we will still keep in touch," said Liam with a smile.

"Okay, okay. Enough about me. Let's get to those questions!" I exclaimed.

The screams got louder as the first question came on the screen.

"@CupcakeRimi: what songs do you sing when you shower?" read Niall.

"Well, lads? What songs do we sing in the shower?" asked Louis.

"Singing in the Rain," Harry smiled.

The boys laughed. "It's true. I've heard him before. He sings really loud," said Zayn.

"Liam, what do you sing?" asked Niall.

"Um...I actually don't sing in the shower," he shrugged.

"Alright, next question..." said Harry.

"@Urch_15: Ellie, do you like living with Louis?" read Zayn.

I smiled as I put the microphone to my lips.

"Yes, I do. Louis has been a great host, and he's been there when I needed him for the past few days. Louis acts like an older brother to me. So, yes. I like living with Louis. Because I know I'm safe," I explained.

"But, didn't you two come to my flat for breakfast because Louis set the oven on fire?" asked Harry.

Louis smacked the back of Harry's head. I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my giggles.

"Yeah, but that was a one time thing. We agreed that he is not allowed to use the oven unless I'm in the room with him."

Louis rolled his eyes as the next question came on the screen.

"@KerriAnnConlon: if you could chose one song to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?" read Liam.

"Free Fallin' by John Mayer because it's my favourite song," said Harry.

"Cry Me a River by Ella Fitzgerald because its the song I sung for my second audition on the X-Factor," explained Liam.

"Viva la Vida by Coldplay because I loved performing it on the X-Factor," stated Niall.

"What Makes You Beautiful by us because it was our very first single and it's responsible for where we are now," said Zayn.

"Lego House by Ed Sheeran because he is a good friend of ours, and I like that song of his," explained Louis.

I smiled as the boys answered the question. Harry turned and looked at me.

"What about you, Ellie? If you could chose one song to listen to for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?" he asked.

I smiled again before answering. "Little Things by you guys because it got me through a difficult time in my life. That song told me why I'm beautiful, and it really inspired me."

"Aww. You're so sweet, Ellie," said Liam as he hugged me from the side.

The audience awed as well. I smiled at their reactions and blushed. Liam let go of me and put his mic to his lips.

"Next question, Harry," he said.

The screen showed the next question, and Harry read it. "@twerkinwith1_D: Ellie, is it true that you can sing? And that you're getting a record deal with Modest! Management?"

I smiled at the question. "Um..I do sing, but I'm not that good."

"She's a liar!" yelled Louis.

"Louis!", I warned him. But, of course since he's Louis, he didn't listen.

"Ellie is an amazing singer. The day I met her was the day I heard her sing. We were driving to my mum's house, and we had the radio on. A song Ellie knew came on, and she started singing. She sounded like an angel. It amazed me how her voice sounded so perfect," he said.

"You sing?" asked Harry.

"Uh...yeah. I do, but I've only ever sang in front of a few people," I explained.

"Well you have to sing now!" said Niall. I looked at him and smiled.

"That's sweet, Niall, but I can't," I said.

"Why not?" asked Zayn.

"I have stage fright. If you haven't noticed, we are in an arena with more than a thousand people. I can't do it."

"Come on, Ellie. If what Louis said is true, then we want to hear you sing. Right everybody?" said Liam. He earned ear piercing screams from every girl in the stadium.

"Just close your eyes and relax. Sing anything you want. We'll be right here next to you," smiled Louis.

I let out a deep breath before closing my eyes. Millions of song lyrics ran through my head before I finally found the perfect song.

"Before I fall too fast, kiss me quick but make it last. So I can see how badly this will hurt me when you say goodbye. Keep it sweet, keep it slow. Let the future pass and don't let go. But tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight.", I sang the first verse of Catch Me by Demi Lovato.

Everyone in the audience was screaming. I opened my eyes a bit and saw the boys smiling at me.

"Keep going," encouraged Harry. I smiled as I fully opened my eyes and moved onto the chorus.

"But you're so hypnotizing. You've got me laughing while I sing, you've got me smiling in my sleep. And I can see this unraveling. Your love is where I'm falling, but please don't catch me."

The boys clapped and smiled at me. I smiled down at my feet and blushed. I was soon wrapped in someone's arms. I looked up and saw Louis hugging me. I quickly hugged him back, and the crowd went wild. I pulled back from Louis and smiled once again.

"Thanks, lads. This really means a lot. And thank you to everyone in the audience," I smiled.

They screamed louder if that was even possible. I chuckled at their excitement.

"Alright, next question," I said.

"Wait, you didn't even answer the second part of the question," said Harry.

"He's right," said Liam.

I looked up at the screen and reread the question. "@twerkinwith1_D: Ellie, is it true that you sing? And that you're getting a record deal with Modest! Management?"

"Oh...okay. Um...no. I'm not getting a record deal with Modest! Management. At least not that I know of," I giggled.

"Okay...now next question," smiled Zayn.

The screen changed once again and showed the question.

"@unicorns_eat_nutella: WHERE THE F*** IS MY NUTELLA? Oh and LIAM I HAVE YOUR NUMBER!" read Niall.

I looked over at Liam, and his eyes got wide. The boys and I started laughing our arses off. I guess the girl on the phone really wasn't from America.

"Shut up! It's not funny," complained Liam.

"Yes, it is. It's the funniest thing in the world," I laughed.

Niall was laughing so hard that he fell down. He was standing next to me and pulled me down with him. Louis was holding his stomach. Harry had his hands covering his face. And Zayn was almost crying.

While we were dying of laughter, Liam took the time to explain to the confused fans in the audience. By the time he was finished, laughter was heard through the entire arena. I looked up at Liam. He had his arms crossed and a pouty expression on his face.

"Aww, Liam. Don't get mad at us. It's not our fault you forgot to block your number when you called her," said Zayn between laughs.

"I didn't know I could block my number," Liam complained.

"Does Batman need a hug?" I asked.

I got up from my spot next to Niall and walked over to Liam. I opened my arms, and he took no time in hugging me. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, and I rubbed his back. The fans were going crazy as I was trying to hold back my giggles. Liam pulled back from me and slightly smiled.

"Feel better?" I jokingly asked.

He nodded. "Thanks, Ellie."

I smiled at him before turning back to the boys. They were slowly recovering from our little laugh session. Niall was standing now but still slightly laughing. Zayn had stopped crying. Harry removed his hands from his face. And Louis was no longer holding his stomach.

"Okay...I think we should move onto the next question," I said.

The boys nodded in agreement as the screen changed.

"@emmaheitmann: what was your first impression of Ellie?" read Louis.

I can't wait to hear their answers for this question. I looked around at the boys, and they all smiled at me.

"So...who's first?" I asked. They looked around at each other before Niall spoke up.

"I'll start," he said. I smiled at him as he began to speak.

"Ellie was a bit shy at first. She was jumpy. I guess all fans would act that way. While we ate lunch that day, I learned a lot about her. And, truly, she's a really sweet girl. I'm happy I met her."

Niall smiled at me once he was finished speaking. I blushed at his response. I quickly glanced down at my shoes before looking back at him.

"Thanks, Niall," I said. I walked over to him and gave him a big hug. Surprisingly, Niall didn't squeeze all of the air out of me this time. He pulled back from me and smiled. I returned the warming smile before he turned his head to the rest of the boys.

"Who's next?" he asked. He slung his arm around my shoulders, and we stared the boys down. Harry avoided any eye contact with me as he smiled down at his feet.

"I'll go," said Liam. I smiled at Liam as the fans screamed in the crowd. He put the microphone back to his lips before he spoke.

"Ellie was a really nice girl when I first met her. I think Niall is right, she was quiet at first. Once we got to know her more, I understood why she acts the way that she does. All I can really say about Ellie is she's the kindest person I've ever met, and I think of her as a little sister sometimes."

Before I could thank Liam, Zayn decided to speak. "I guess it's my turn." He let out a deep breath before answering.

"Ellie is...well...I don't know what to say. Liam and Niall have basically said everything about her. Um...my first impression of Ellie would probably be she was a cute girl and a great fan. She was speechless a few times when we met her, and she wasn't one of those crazy fans. Like she was pretty calm and quiet. But, by the end of the day, Ellie was definitely starting to come out of her shell. She's just a great girl."

"Thanks, Liam. Thanks, Zayn," I said as I hugged them both. I looked over at Harry and Louis. I raised one of my eyebrows and they smiled. "Well?" I asked.

Harry looked at Louis. "You go first. I'm still thinking," said Louis. I smiled as Harry's gaze met mine. He was slightly blushing and had his cheeky grin on his face.

"Okay. Um...I guess I'll talk," he surrendered. He chuckled before speaking.

"Um...when I first saw Ellie, I thought 'Wow! This is the girl who won Louis' contest. She's gorgeous!' I didn't think she would be who I met that day. I thought that she was going to be a completely crazy fan. I thought she would be annoying and never leave me alone. As you can all tell, I was wrong. Ellie is the complete opposite. She is sweet, shy, beautiful, and innocent. She's not afraid to be herself. That's what I like about her."

Harry smirked at me once he was finished. I smiled back and blushed. He chuckled at the blush on my cheeks. I walked up to him, and he hugged me tight. I pulled back from him and looked into his brilliant green eyes.

"Thanks, Harry," I said. He smiled back at me and slung his arm over my shoulders. Everyone turned to look at Louis.

"Okay, okay. Stop looking at me like that," he complained. I laughed along with the boys before Louis answered.

"I was the first one to meet Ellie, of course. When I saw her, I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to spend time with a real fan. She was everything I hoped she would be. She was sweet, kind, honest, and polite. When I hugged her, she felt so tiny in my arms. For some reason, I felt, and still do feel, very protective over her. She's younger than me, and she reminds me of my sisters. I've been trying my best to protect Ellie while she is in my care. She's like a little sister to me. I think over these past few days we have developed that 'brother-sister' relationship. We get along really well, and we mess around a lot. Anyway, I think Ellie was the perfect person to win that contest. I couldn't be happier to welcome her into my life."

Louis gave me a big smile when he was finished talking. I gave him a warm hug, and he kissed the top of my head. The fans in the audience were screaming with all their might. I pulled back from Louis and giggled.

"Thank you, Louis. That means a lot," I smiled.

"You're welcome, love," he said.

I turned back to the boys, and Liam spoke. "Okay, next question."

The screen changed once again revealing the last question.

"@sabbyzwanink: Ellie, is it true that you're adopted? And that you're dating Harry?" read Zayn.

My heart stopped. My breathing started to quicken. I looked up at Louis. He had worry and confusion in his eyes. I could tell he was wondering the same thing as I was. How did this girl know I was adopted?

Louis leaned down and whispered in my ear. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Remember what Simon said."

I nodded before whispering back. "It's okay. They were going to find out sooner or later."

Harry looked me with worried green eyes. "I'm fine," I mouthed. He nodded.

I let out a shaky breath before speaking into the microphone. "Um...wow. I wasn't expecting that question," I nervously chuckled.

I looked around at the boys and spoke again. "Um...it's true. I am adopted. I was adopted at the age of ten months," I nearly whispered.

All of a sudden, something strange happened. The arena became completely silent. The only audible thing was the soft breathing of the fans in the audience and the heart beat in my chest. I let out another shaky breath before continuing.

"My birth mother left me on the doorstep of an orphanage. I've never met her, and no one knows who she is. I don't let that difficulty bring me down, though. I'm the person I am today because of everything I've went through. It has morphed me into who I am, and I wouldn't change a thing," I explained.

I smiled at the crowd as they applauded for me. I didn't have to tell them my story, and they knew that. I don't think they were expecting me to tell them. From what I can tell, they were very supportive.

Maybe someone like me is out there. Maybe I just helped someone. Maybe my birth mother will hear about this and find me.

I felt tears start to form in my eyes. Harry saw the tears coming and quickly wrapped me in his arms. I buried my face in his shirt but still held the tears back. Lou took her time doing my make-up, and I didn't want to ruin it. Harry tried his best to hush me. He rubbed my back and rested his chin on my head.

Liam walked up to us and whispered something. "Are you going to be able to answer the second question?" I shook my head. "Do you want me to?" he kindly asked. I gave him a small smile and nodded. He gave me a sympathetic smile back before speaking into his microphone.

"Ellie is unable to answer the second question. She has given me permission to answer it for her. Um...from what you're seeing right now...I guess you already know the answer to that question. Yes, Ellie and Harry are dating. They've only been dating for a few days, but they have gotten really close. And, if you ask me, I think they make a perfect couple," Liam smiled.

He looked back at me, and I smiled at him. He gave me sympathetic eyes before turning his gaze to Zayn.

"Well that was the last question, and now, we are going to perform Best Song Ever!" he yelled.

The girls screamed and applauded. Harry still had me wrapped in his arms. He removed his chin from my head and kissed my temple. He pulled back from me and gripped my shoulders. I gave him a small smile as he spoke.

"I have to work again. I'll met you backstage when I'm done. If you're still upset, don't hesitate to tell me. I don't like seeing you cry, but I'll be there for you if that's what you want to do." I nodded. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you soon," he said.

He let go of me, and I turned to walk off stage.

"Give it up one more time for the beautiful, Ellie Wilson!" exclaimed Niall. I turned back and smiled at the screaming crowd. I gave them a small wave before exiting the stage.

I walked over to a couch that was behind the curtain. I sat down and placed my head in my hands.

I can't believe someone knew I was adopted. I mean I've only ever told Lilly, Nick, and the boys. Sure, I told over a thousand people tonight but that was just to confirm it. And my aunt has told some people as well, but she hasn't told that many people. I just don't understand how it's possible that someone knew. It's probably nothing.

I laid back on the couch and tried to sort out my thoughts. I thought about everything. It seems like I've been doing this a lot lately. I've been alone with my thoughts quite a few times. I think Louis should start planning more things so I don't think about it as much. Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with it.

My mind wandered to Jay. I can't wait to see her and the rest of Louis' family tonight. She's a great person and an amazing cook. I love talking to Lottie and Fizzy. Daisy and Phoebe are adorable. And Mark is such a nice person. Seeing them again is going to be great. Maybe I'll even find out why Louis has been acting so strange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 111K 34
{book 1 of the Adopted By Elounor series} Alex had no idea that when she entered a contest to spend a day with Louis Tomlinson and his girlfriend...
319 19 31
Delilah Rhodes, is a 19 year old single mother, she has had a troubled past that only her best friend, best friends family, and brother know about. H...
935 3 46
Harry is 16 years old, almost 17 and has to start a new school in the middle of the schoolyear. Harry has a tough time fitting in. At every school he...
1.1K 18 13
Meet Harry Styles. A 17 year old who doesn't talk to anyone. All he does is sit at home and study; nothing more. Unlike the rest of the people in Har...