Dark Paradise (Camren)

By alrenreguiaf5H

You have your moral and your principles above all, you follow the law, you pay every tax. And by divine inter... More

Little Note + Summary
Serial Killer (1)
The message and drinks (2)
The Cop (3)
Balans (4)
The Hunt (5)
I wanna use you... And abuse you (6)
Hot Beach (7)
Scopolamine (8)
Choices (9)
The Interrogation (10)
Guns and fire (11)
Family business (12)
You're not alone (13)
The rehearsal (14)
Sex (15)
Crossroad (16)
You have to stop (17)
Disappointments (18)
Escape (19)
Angel (20)
Make love to me (21)
Hurricane (22)
Haiti (23)
Medical report (24)
Second day (25)
The other (26)
Know that I'm here (27)
Discovery (28)
The re-encounter (29)
Clarifying (30)
Curse in disguise (31)
All I Want (33)
Be my girlfriend? (34)
I'm lovin' your skin (35)
There's no forgiveness (36)
Let it all go (37)
Close to you (38)
Maniac Polaroid x Deputy Cabello (39)
Bad blood (40)
Family (41)
Dinner (42)
Seduction (43)
Veromani's engagement (44)
He's gone (45)
The website (46)
The beginning of the end (47)
Russian Roulette (48)
Decisions (49)
Ramon (50)
Threats (51)
Truce? (52)
Veromani (53)
Britt (54)
I can kill you (55)
04/01/2019 (56)
Déjà Vu (57)

Sister (32)

16.6K 552 712
By alrenreguiaf5H

POV Camila Cabello

-Camila, I'll be right back. I'm going to accompany Halsey to the door.

I just nodded at Mr. Prado and saw him get up accompanied by the woman, who flashed me a smile, to then leave.

I grabbed my phone and checked the texts. Nothing from Lauren. Why did she have to be like this, so oblivious to everything? I had some texts from Sofi. God, I missed my little sister so much, but I didn't know when I'd see her again. I put the phone back on the desk and relaxed in my chair.

-Deputy Cabello? – Mr. Prado was back – Can we talk a bit before you return to your tasks?

-Of course, sir. – I smiled gently and saw the man sitting in front of me again – I'll be honest, I didn't use to see you here, you rarely answered my calls too... To what do I owe the honor?

I wasn't able to completely contain the sarcasm, since he was a somewhat inaccessible man. That has always annoyed me so much, but there was not much to do.

-That means that you're excellent at what you do. – he said and it was inevitable not to smile – If our contact was scarce till now, it was because you've been performing your role well.

-But you are here now. It means, then, that something is wrong...? – I said, uncertain – Or did you just come to welcome me? – I asked and he laughed nodding.

His fingers began to drum on the desk, which started to make me nervous, impatient.

-How's the Maniac Polaroid case?

-It's something very delicate, sir. It's almost like looking for a ghost. Agent Dinah still hasn't had time to completely update me on the case, but I fear that we haven't had much progress.

He didn't seem surprised by what I said.

-It's very common that the whereabouts of those criminals isn't discovered, but I hope that we can catch him.

-Me too, sir. Although I feel that he's doing us a favor, does that sound weird?

-I understand, Ms. Cabello. – he smiled and stopped drumming his fingers on the desk, and I thanked inwardly – Today we had an unusual activity here at the precinct, don't you agree?

-Yes, it was horrible to receive a man's head addressed to me. – I smiled weakly at the memory of the unpleasant incident.

-Don't you think that this has become too personal to the Maniac? Aren't you afraid?

I didn't understand where he was trying to go with that conversation.

-There's nothing personal, I don't have any connection with this killer.

-Oh, I'm sure you don't. – he smiled and I tried to reciprocate – Well, how are the wedding preparations going? – he asked suddenly, drastically changing the subject.

He had come over here to ask me personal questions?

-It's not going to happen anymore. I mean, I decided that not long ago.

The man now looked rather surprised.

-Why?

-I'm sorry, sir, but that's only Rob and I's business.

Mr. Prado arched his eyebrows incredulously. I didn't want to reply to him in such a way, but I also couldn't let my private life be exposed like that.

-Alright, Deputy. – he got up and buttoned his suit jacket – Camila, you are off the Maniac Polaroid case.

-He couldn't be serious! It was the case of my life.

-What? But why? – I asked, standing up.

-Ms. Cabello, to what extent goes your professionalism?

What the hell kind of question was that??

-Why are you asking me that? – I fired, stunned with the absurd implication of that questioning.

-Just answer. – he said firmly.

I got out from behind the desk and went towards the chubby man, having serious difficulties in managing the anger that was coursing through my body. I stood a few centimeters away from him.

-I can assure you that it goes far beyond what you can see.

I could be putting a loaded gun towards my head, but now I didn't care. He was questioning my professionalism and still removing me from my best case.

-Ms. Cabello, we've been investigating your life for a few months now. – he said that in such a tranquil way that I felt like choking him while I watched him walking around the room.

Why were they meddling in my life?!

-And with what justification, can I know?

I huffed. This could only be a joke!

-What you do between four walls is not my problem. – he said a little more sharply.

Maybe he was offended . I laughed ironically. He certainly wasn't more offended than me.

-I'm glad you know. – I said, putting my hands on my waist, waiting for him to explain himself.

-Until your personal relationships start to be my business. – he added, making me even more offended, but, above all, confused.

-What does this have to do with the Maniac Polaroid case? What does my personal life have to do with you?

The man ran the back of his hand on his forehead, wiping the sweat concentrated there.

-Please, Mr. Prado, don't take the case from me. This is my chance, it's the case of my life. – I begged.

-Camila, you are the best I know, I just need...

-Need what, Peter? – yes, I called him by his first name – What? You come here and fill me with compliments, you tell me that you're happy with my return, you tell me that I'm your best agent, and you want to destroy my career? You are investigating my life!

-Camila...

-Peter, please, you know me! You also know that I can do this. I'm asking you as a friend.

I was almost begging the man.

-Okay... But I have bigger plans for you, Deputy Cabello. – he said crossing his arms – Are you willing to face the many challenges?

-I am, sir. I guarantee that I am.

-Very well, I have some requirements then. If you say that you're so professional like that, I want to see what is your limit.

-Anything, sir.

I breathed in relief. I couldn't lose the Polaroid case. I couldn't. More than ever, now it was personal.

-I'll be back. We'll talk it over more calmly.

POV Lauren Jauregui

I decided to talk to Taylor, even with her still being under the influence of drugs. A lot of things needed to be said.

The already familiar chill ran down my spine as the gates of Taylor's house were being opened.

-Taylor, we're here. – I said, driving by the beautiful garden that the house possessed – Taylor?

I nudged the brunette who squirmed in the passenger seat.

-The night was good, huh?! Know that I won't allow this anymore.

Taylor woke up, opened her eyes with certain difficulty and got out of the car as soon as I parked in front of the door. The brunette speed-walked inside and was on her way up the stairs towards her room. Some employees came to greet us, including Margaret, the housekeeper.

-Taylor, I'm not done talking to you.

The brunette shrugged and continued walking up the stairs.

-Taylor, I will not tell you again. Either you come down, or I'll drag you down by your hair.

Taylor stopped walking, but she didn't turn around.

-Miss Lauren, calm down. – Mag said.

I called her like that affectionately. I just looked at the woman and made a subtle gesture for her to be quiet.

-You care now? – Taylor asked, turning around and walking down the stairs.

She was awful, she needed at least a bath.

-I'll always care, Taylor Jauregui.

-Really? Because I remember, exactly three months ago, when you treated me like trash at my boyfriend's house. – the brunette inched close enough so that I could see the fury in her eyes.

-Look at what you've become... – I laughed ironically – Mom would never be proud of you.

-That's good, because finding out that you're not Mike's daughter makes me not be proud of her too.

Without thinking twice, I raised my hand to hit a slap on Taylor, but Mag stopped me. I looked at the woman incredulously, she had no right to meddle in family matters like that.

-Let her, Mag, I want her to do it.

-Miss Lauren, I'm sure that you are not in your normal state right now. I've known you since you were a little girl, I know your temper very well, and hurting Taylor is the last thing you want in life. – the woman said in one breath, making me stop dead in my tracks.

She was right. I didn't want to hurt Taylor... I just wanted Taylor back.

Taylor sat on the couch, putting her elbows on her knees and burying her hands in her hair. A loud crying filled the room. I had no reaction. The girl was crying incessantly. I looked at Margaret, who encouraged me with her gaze.

I approached the younger girl and knelt in front of her, to then hold her wrists, forcing her to face me. Taylor's moist eyes made my heart lurch. As soon as she laid eyes on me, she knelt in front of me and hugged me tight. She was falling apart in my arms.

-Tay. – I whispered, but she didn't stop crying – How long have you been using drugs?

Taylor pulled away from my arms and was slowly controlling her tears.

-Tell me, let me help you.

I felt that this messed up situation in Taylor's life was partially my fault, after all I left her, I abandoned her, I left my baby sister at the hands of Rob and Mike, practically.

-It was the first time. – she said, wiping her tears and sitting on the couch, and I accompanied her.

-Taylor?

I expected her to tell me the truth.

-I swear, Lauren. – she reaffirmed.

I looked at Mag and she just nodded in confirmation. Surely the woman would notice if Taylor showed any different behavior at home, so I believed in what Taylor was saying.

-Why did you leave me alone?

That question from my baby sister made my heart hurt. I lifted my hands and wiped the tears falling from her face.

-Can you forgive me? – I asked and Taylor just nodded, hugging me again, tighter – I will no longer be absent, even with all the shit that you do.

-Please, Lauren, don't leave me, I only have you and dad.

-I won't. – I said, breaking our contact – And about Rob...

-Lauren. – she interrupted me – Please, let's not let that break us apart.

-I was going to say that, I promise to try.

After a while talking to Taylor, we ended up making up and even recalling some moments of our childhood, which allowed us to finish that conversation in a more positive way. I asked her not to tell Mike that I knew that I wasn't his daughter and she agreed. Taylor also promised me to not do drugs anymore, but I'd have to keep an eye on her anyways. She didn't want to tell me the reasons that led her to do it, but I'd find out, I sure would.

-----

I arrived at my house, but couldn't relax enough to sleep for a long time. Through the open window, I could see that it was already night time. I stayed for a while in bed, letting my mind wander to Camila. I just wanted to see her face when she received my little present.

Lauren Jauregui, you are very sordid. I laughed at my own thought. Let's hope she doesn't have a heart attack... No, Camila was strong.

I got out of bed, and after a long bath, I walked to my silver Volvo, already imagining the many excuses that I'd make tonight.

I brought my hand to the front pocket of my jeans and grabbed the car key, unlocking the door. I was about to open it, when I felt something pinning me against the door.

-What the fuck? – I cussed, trying to free myself.

A sweet scent invaded my nostrils. That somewhat familiar scent betrayed her. Apparently Camila received my welcome gift.

-Go fuck yourself, Jauregui! – Vero growled.

She grabbed my shirt and pulled it with all her might, turning me around and pinning me back against the car, making me let out a groan and an ironical nasal laugh.

-You're a sick fuck! I knew that I shouldn't have trusted you!

Her thin fingers encircled my neck, and with strength, squeezed it.

-Veron... Veronic... a...

The lack of air suddenly present made me bring my hand up to her wrist and crush it, trying to make her release me. But it was no use. Veronica looked at me with hatred.

-Veron... Ver...

My legs started to falter, my eyelids began to feel heavy and I blinked incessantly. Soon I'd pass out, I knew these effects.

-You have to be hospitalized in a mental hospital, Jauregui. – she said, squeezing even more her fingers around my neck – You didn't see... You didn't see how scared she was by that madness of yours.

My eyes closed, my body begged for air... Suddenly, Veronica released me, causing a sequence of violent coughing. My lungs burned with the excessive amount of air that I inhaled reflexively.

-What's going on? – Normani's worried voice made itself present.

-Easy, Lauren, breathe. – Veronica said.

The brunette began to help me, as if she wasn't trying to kill me seconds ago.

-I was talking to Lauren and suddenly she started having trouble breathing. – Vero told Normani.

I couldn't say anything, my throat was still burning miserably, and I couldn't control the spasms of my lungs. Normani's long and thin fingers circled my wrist, lifting one of my hands, while her free hand patted my back.

-Lauren, breathe, for the love of God. – Normani begged, still patting my back.

-I'm okay. – I managed to say, controlling myself – I'm fine. What are you doing here? – I asked Mani as best as I could articulate, since my voice still sounded as if I had just drowned.

She kept looking at me worriedly.

-Well, I came to sleep with you today. – she said with a weak smile on her lips – But... What are you doing here, Veronica?

-I... I... – the brunette stammered and I laughed inwardly, satisfied with her nervousness – Well, I got your text saying you were going to sleep here and I decided to stop by and see if you needed anything. – Vero added quickly, and I wondered how the bitch had made up an excuse so fast.

Normani nodded her head, seeming convinced with her excuse.

-Right. Well, I don't think we need anything.

-No, Mani. – I interrupted the couple's dialogue – I have plans today.

-You do? A date? – she asked curiously.

Since her eyes had already lost that worried and nervous glow, I assumed that my face's usual pale color was already coming back. Although I suspected that bruises would appear in my neck soon.

-Well, I hope so. – I replied mischievously.

Normani rolled her eyes, letting out a totally forced laugh that almost made me laugh.

-If you want to stay here, it's okay. Mi casa es su casa. – I said in an attempt to have some truce, but Veronica didn't seem moved.

-No, we're fine. Sleep with me today, baby. – Veronica added, turning to her girlfriend.

-It looks like you guessed that I'd be turned down by Lauren. – Mani replied smiling.

-I'm sorry. – I apologized awkwardly.

-Maybe Lauren is getting predictable. – Vero jabbed a bit too coldly to seem friendly, but Mani didn't suspect anything.

I just shrugged.

-I'm going now, before it gets too late. See you later, girls. – I said and turned around, opening my car door.

-See you later indeed. – I heard Vero "threaten" before driving out of there.

-----

NOTE: Vero is going to be a problem for Lauren... Or is she? Well, I think you guys are going to love the next chapter, it involves Lauren and Camila ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 3.7K 21
I'd kill for her. I wonder if she'd do the same. [g!p] Also at some point this turned into a Camren/you which I didn't plan. I didn't see it coming i...
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
3.8K 172 18
929K 4.6K 4
When Camila Cabello moved into an apartment, she thought she came prepared. But of all the things she expected, being thrown into Lauren Jauregui's p...