Rightfully His

By raylor17

You can't run from your past. Everyone has heard those words before. No matter how hard she tries, Tinsley ca... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

534K 9.4K 779
By raylor17

I'm going to apologize because a lot of you are confused on Kane's name. I know sometimes it says Kane and sometimes it says Kale. It seems spellcheck thinks Kane is supposed to be Kale so it "corrects" it. I apologize, I don't always catch that when I go through and edit. 

Thank you to everyone who votes/comments/fans. I love when you guys show your support like that :)

Trent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(I think he's cute too :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 6

Daniel’s POV:

            I knew the second she walked into the rink. Her smell hit be like a ton of bricks and assaulted my senses. I had the urge to turn and face her but I rigidly faced my coach and unsuccessfully tried to focus on his words. Soon enough we were released and skated over to the girls with Trent and Paul.

            “Wow, you guys look even hotter in your uniforms.” Cassie purred, running a hand over Trent’s chest. He skated a step back, leaving room between them.

            “I don’t think so.” He told her and she pouted. It was clear to everyone but Cassie that Trent didn’t like her. He was repulsed just by her very touch.

            “She’s right though, you do look pretty hot.” Fay said, winking at Paul. He grinned back and happily leaned in.

            We all groaned, they were an affectionate couple. Paul was one of the few people in my group of friends that already had their mate. Usually now a days, when a guy reaches their late teens and early twenties they go and visit other packs, hoping to find their mates. Seeing as how I never wanted a mate in the first place, I made sure I was never on one of those trips. Of course though, a certain blond with amazing blue eyes just had to move into town.

            “Are you even listening?” Alexis snapped her fingers in my face. I rolled my eyes and growled lowly at her. She knew I hated when people snapped their fingers at me, it made me feel like a dog.

            “No, I wasn’t. I can only listen to you for so long.” I told her, scowling. She smiled coyly at me, unaffected by my insult. While I spent time with a lot of girls, Alexis liked to think she was the main girl. She liked to tell everyone we were together and while I didn’t oppose it because she was entirely hot, it didn’t stop me from hooking up with girls on the side.

            “I was just asking if you’ve seen the new girl yet. All the guys are howling over how hot she is. Personally, I don’t see it. If you ask me, she’s ugly. Too pale and skinny. Plus she hangs out with that bitch.” She sneered at the mention of Kayla.

            “Well than I guess it’s a good thing no one asked you.” Trent glared at her before looking a little dazed. “I think she’s the prettiest person I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen quite a fair share of beautiful ladies, but she…she’s just wow.”

            My wolf snarled at both of them, not liking the tone either of them were using. He wanted to snap at Alexis for talking so badly about his mate and he wanted to rip Trent’s head off for speaking so lovingly of Tinsley. It was obvious Trent was interested in more than just sex with her and that pissed me off. No, it pisses your wolf off, I reminded myself.

            “Cool it lover boy.” Alexis snapped back, rolling her eyes.

            “I can’t help it. I think she might be my mate.” He added the last part quietly. I snapped then, turning quickly and snarling at him.

            “She’s not your mate.” I ground out, restraining my wolf. He looked shocked.

            “How would you know?” He asked, looking at me suspiciously. I noticed everyone else was giving me the same look.

            “You would know, you wouldn’t have to think about it.” I thought of it quickly and that seemed to satisfy Alexis and Cassie.

            “But you’ve never even met your mate.” Trent said quickly.

            “He’s right. It’s instantaneous, you’ll know as soon as you seem them without a doubt in your mind that they’re your mate.” Paul intervened, sharing a knowing look with Fay.

            “Speaking of the ugly little mutt.” Alexis hissed and nodded her head towards where I knew my mate was. I turned slowly and Trent let out a sigh as his eyes feasted on the lovely sight of my mate.

            She had been talking to Kayla and the two other guys that were on the hockey team, Johnny and Kane, but looked up when Kayla said something. Instantly, Kayla and Alexis started their usual hate filled glaring contest but I kept my gaze on Tinsley. She froze and I saw her resolve waver in her eyes, she wanted me just as bad as I did her. She broke off the eye contact and spoke with Tyler. I growled lowly, I hated Tyler just as much as Kayla, if not more. She met my gaze once more and then seemed to freeze and stiffen as Tyler said something. She looked shocked and surprised at whatever he said and I wished more than anything that I could hear what he told her.

            Kane turned and glared at me while Johnny stepped in front of Tinsley, effectively blocking my view of her. My wolf howled in frustration and I turned away from all the glares coming from across the rink. Without a word, I left the rink and made my way to the locker room, stripping off my practice jersey and sliding back into my clothes. I hadn’t anticipated how hard it would be to resist my mate because at the moment, every fiber of my being was urging me to run to her. I couldn’t though, I loved my lifestyle too much and from what I could tell, it didn’t look like she wanted a mate. She didn’t say anything about us the first time we met which leads me to either think she doesn’t want a mate or she didn’t realize it. A part of my wished it was the ladder even though I knew I shouldn’t.

            “Hey man.” Paul stepped into line with me as I walked towards my car, my sister already waiting there for me.

            “Hey.” I responded wearily. I didn’t miss the looks he shared with his mate before I left the rink.

            “Have a good day?” He inquired, almost teasingly.

            “Yes?” It sounded more like a question as I paused to turn and look at him.

            “Anything happen?” I’m fairly certain he knows something.

            “Is there something you wanted or are you just going question me about my day?” I avoided his question. He thought about it before shrugging.

            “I know.” He smiled devilishly at me.

            “Know what?” I knew exactly what he was talking about.

            “I know that you found your mate today.” He smiled proudly at himself.

            “Who found what?” I asked incredulously, throwing my hands in the air.

            “I’m not stupid you know, I have a mate so I recognize all the signs. The way you have a hard time looking at anyone else when she’s in the room. The way you lose yourself when you think about her. How your quick to come to her defense and how all you want to do is kill any guy that even thinks about her in a romantic way. I saw the way you so fiercely told Trent Tinsley wasn’t his mate. You were confident he wasn’t her mate because you already know exactly who he is.”

            “And who’s that?” I asked dryly, giving the oblivious façade one last try.

            “You.” He said confidently.

            “You’re wrong.” I muttered, knowing I was fighting a losing battle against him.

            “Face it Daniel, you’re just like any other possessive and protective mate.” He said, the word mate hitting my hard. I suddenly though of all the reasons I didn’t want  a mate and felt my walls shift back up.

            “Only difference is, I don’t want a mate.” I growled harshly, standing up straight. He looked shocked for a moment and was about to respond when he focused on something over my shoulder. His eyes filled with pity and compassion and I turned to see what he was looking at.

            My heart dropped at what I saw. Just as I had spoken Kayla had walked by with Tinsley in tow, the both of them close enough to hear my harsh words. Kayla kept walking, already having hear me say it before, but Tinsley paused. She looked at me for a long moment, silence surrounding us. Her eyes filled with tears and for a second she looked so sad I almost dropped to my knees and begged for her to forgive me. My wolf howled for me to do so but I reminded him we had possessed a thing called pride. After another second, Tinsley angrily swiped at her cheeks before her face hardened and she looked angry.

            “Hey-are you coming?” Kayla asked, walking back over to her. She looked annoyed as she glanced between the two of us.

            “Yeah.” Tinsley murmured after shooting me a scornful glance. As they walked away I heard Kayla scold her.

            “What the hell was that? I thought I told you to stay away from him.” She spoke harshly to her and I fought the instinct to protect my little mate. I turned to see Paul giving me the same severe look Tinsley had just given me.

            “You better go after her before she gets the wrong idea.” He advised, watching as Kayla got in her car. I turned once again and saw Tinsley stop at the passenger door glancing back at me. For a second she looked vulnerable, like someone that just seemed lost. Our eyes met for a brief second and like before, they hardened, burning with a silent fury.

            “Like I said, I don’t want a mate.” I said quietly, my words lost over the soft wind the blew through.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 6.4K 28
The Academy has now been here for six years. Zane and his team joined four years before, and are nicely settled. Everyone is ready for some changes...
16.3K 1K 35
Matt just wanted to be left alone. He hated everyone and everything and his life consisted of the same routine every single day. He liked it that way...
8K 419 25
What happens when there's an aspiring music composer that gets caught in a generational war? Chaos. (Y/n) is an aspiring music composer that wants...
339K 7.2K 39
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...