The Fakes In Goode And Annabe...

By TheGreatGreekOwl

my version of 'Annabeth goes to Goode'. Annabeth goes to Goode because her step-mother got a temporary promot... More

Surprises and Introductions
Happiness and Rivalries
Jessica
Jealous?
The Cold Shoulder
Sorry
Plans and Lunch Talks
Giggles
Flashback and Boring Tuesday
Date Night
Getting Ready and Promises
Nico and Blank Message
Familiar
Boring Chapter, N meets A
We Talked. Blue Cookies.
The Party- Oh, SH*T!
What Happened. And Danielle
Special! For me at least..
Death Kid With Black
The Best Flashback
Timothy
Announcement
Um..okay. Hi again. SORRY
Auditions

Date Night Gone WRONG

3.7K 58 57
By TheGreatGreekOwl

CHAPTER 21

PERCY'S P.O.V.

I was waiting for Annabeth to come down in the living room. As I waited, I took the time to look around more closely at the room. It was simple yet very unique. How? I don’t know. The best part about the room is the fact that Annabeth decorated it. And the room itself radiated the style of Annabeth. Hence, making me smile.

I heard footsteps going down the stairs. I looked up, expecting to see Annabeth, but it was only her step-mother. When she saw me looking, she laughed.

“Oh, Percy, don’t worry.” She said, walking up to me. She put both of her pointing fingers at the sides of my mouth and dragging it up. Just like a mother does when she makes a baby smile *cough* forcefully *cough*. “Annabeth is coming down soon.” She said, stepping back a bit. So, that’s why she was doing that! I thought. I was frowning! I get it.

“Oh.” I said. “..Okay.”

“Well, I really don’t need to tell you this, because I know you are responsible enough, but Fredrick will kill me if he found out that I didn’t remind you the rules. Again. So yeah.” She said in one breath. I waited for her to continue. “So, as I was saying, I’m telling you that Annabeth should be here before midnight and I quote ‘preferably about 10’, but you know you could take her back anytime, right? Just not in the morning.” She said eyeing. I blushed under her stare, but nodded. She was going to say more rules that I get every time I go out with Annabeth, but fortunately Annabeth herself came to join the party.

“Helen, please stop killing Percy.” She said. I nodded at Helen, vigorously. She sighed.

“Fine, fine!” she said. “Go now, have fun, whatever! But if Fredrick finds out about this then I was never here.”

“Okay, Helen.” Annabeth said, laughing slightly. “We get it.”

“Well, I guess you should go.” She said, walking towards the kitchen. “And lock the door, will yah?!”

“Will do, Helen!” Annabeth and I shouted in unison. We looked at each other then burst out laughing. I could probably laugh for an hour, if it wasn’t for Annabeth. I stopped laughing as I took her appearance in.

She was wearing a blue (like the ocean) semi-formal dress, a jean jacket over it and was wearing black flats. What struck me the most was the necklace she was wearing. It was the gray pearl she wore when we went to Paris on our first anniversary. I smiled at the memories. There was only one thing that could describe me: speechless. And there was nothing that could describe her. I guess, the closest thing that came to my mind to describe her was the word ‘angelic’.

Yes, she was wearing a blue oceanic dress and she wasn’t even wearing a single color white, but it was angelic. She was angelic.

She noticed that I was staring at her and she stopped laughing. She looked confused, for a moment then blushed looking down. She looked at me and smiled.

“So, what do you think? Too formal?” she asked, twirling around for me to see. I smiled at her, shaking my head. She frowned. “So.. too casual??..” I laughed, shaking my head. I walked towards her and put my arms around her waist. “Then what?” she whispered.

“Too perfect.” I whispered back, leaning down. She smiled as she stretched her neck so we could connect our lips. As soon as our lips touched, Helen decided to barge in.

“Oh!” Helen’s voice said. Annabeth and I quickly pulled away and blushed. “Oh, sorry. I thought you were already out. Sorry for disturbing. I-”

“No, it’s okay.” Annabeth said.

“Yeah, it’s okay Helen.” I said, smiling at her. “Besides, we were just going.”

“Oh, okay. Well then, have fun!” Helen said.

“Will do. Bye Helen.” Annabeth said and then went outside and in to my car.

--- --- ---- ---- --- ---- LINE BREAK --- --- --- -- --- --- --- ---

We were going to have a quick visit to the park before we go to ‘the restaurant’, since our reservation was still on 7:30. And that I needed to buy a blindfold at the park.

I know, I know. What’s the blindfold for, Percy? I thought you were going to a formal restaurant not a children’s party. Well, just shut your pipe holes, because you’ll find out later.

We got to the park in about fifteen minutes. And let me tell you, I was so relieved when I got out of that car. Well, not the car, but who I’m with in the car. No. it’s not, because I don’t like Annabeth or I’m annoyed by her.(If I was, why would she be my girlfriend and why would I take her out to somewhere as expensive as where we were going.? It’s like saying I was the smartest kid in the whole world and I was by far smarter than Athena herself. ) It’s because she won’t stop bugging me about where we’re going. I’m keeping it a secret so..

I sighed, loudly and turned to face her.

“So, now we’re in the park.” She said, unsurely. I smiled, nodding.

“Yes,” I said, putting an arm around her with a smile that says ‘don’t worry. “We’re in the park.”

“What a-”

“Don’t worry, Annabeth.” I said, cutting her off. “I just need something from here, okay? It’s gonna be quick. I promise.”

“Fine.” She sighed. I smiled and made my way to one of those little shops with plastic roofs at the corner of the park.

“Good evening, sir. What can I do for you?” a women in the shop-thingy said. She was at her mid-forty’s. Her dark-grey-ish hair was in a nice ponytail and her warm brown eyes were shining. I smiled back at her, nodding my head.

“Umm.. Do you have any blindfolds? Or any piece of clothing that I can use to blindfold someone?” I asked, looking through the small key chains and figurines on her stand.

“Well, we do have this?” she said, bending down. When she stood straight, she was holding a red cloth. I smiled. Perfect. “Does this count?”

“Yes. I’ll take it. how much-”

“Percy. What are you doing?” Annabeth said, coming from behind me. “It’s almost seven.. and- Oh, hi.” She said when she noticed the lady. The lady smiled, warmly at her.

“Is this your girlfriend?” the lady asked. I smiled.

“Yes.” I said, putting an arm around Annnabeth’s shoulders. “Yes, she is.”

“Well, what a cute couple.” The lady commented. Okay, I should stop with all ‘the lady’ thing. I thought. “Probably the best couple I’ve ever seen for ages.” Annabeth and I both blushed as the storekeeper said that.

“Uhh.. yeah..” I mumbled. “We get that a lot.” I said, using my free hand to rub the back of my neck. The storekeeper chuckled.

“I’m sure you do.” She said. She looked at Annabeth, then at me, then at what we were wearing. Our clothes might not be too casual, but it’s definitely not for a walk around the park. “Oh, are you going to get this? I bet you two have a date to go to?” she said.

“Oh, yeah!” I said, taking the cloth from her. “How much is it?” she smiled at me, then looked at Annabeth, who was still in my arms, looking around the park, not saying a word since the time the storekeeper commented about us.

“It’s okay, sweetie.” She said, smiling. “It’s on the house.”

“Percy what do you need a blindfold for?” Annabeth finally said something. “I thought we were going to a date?” she said, but I didn’t mind her. I was looking at the storekeeper- who was still smiling at us- in shock. I smiled.

“Thank you, ….” I trailed off, asking for her name.

“Call me ‘Edna’” she said, smiling. I smiled back.

“Thank you, Edna.” I said, turning around, going back to the car, dragging an annoyed Annabeth with me. I turned my head to look at Edna. She was still looking at us, smiling. I smiled and waved my hand. She smiled and waved back.

“Goodbye, dear! It’s nice meeting you!!” she shouted at Annabeth. Annabeth blushed, but still managed a breath taking smile.

“It’s nice meeting you, too, lady Edna!” Annabeth shouted back, smiling. I smiled at her and opened the car door for her.

When Annabeth was seated in the car, I walked to my side of the car and looked at Edna one last time before going inside, smiling.

I still can’t believe how similar Edna is to my mother. I guess, there’s still something good about this world, huh? I thought. I looked at Annabeth, who was looking at the blindfold like the blindfold can talk.

Yeah, there is…

----- ---- ------ ----- xxxXXXXxxxxXXXXXxxx LINE BREAK XXXXXxxxxxxXXXXXxxxxx ----- ----- ----- ----

“Percy, what do you need the blindfold for?” Annabeth asked from beside me. We were getting near to our destination. I glanced at her before focusing back on the wheel.

I don’t need it, Annabeth.” I said. She looked at me, crazy. “You need it.” and then she looked at me, crazier.

“Why,” she said. “In the world, would I need that?”

“I need you to put that on.” I said, simply. We were getting nearer to the place we’re going. “And I need you to put that on, right now.”

“Wha-“ she said, but I cut her off, parking at the corner of a street just to put the blindfold on her. “Percy!” she screeched as she raised her arms at the back of her head, no doubt going to pull it off, but I took both of her hands before she even touched it. “Per-oommphh!!” I silenced her by putting my lips against hers.

I pulled away, looking at her, silently daring her to say something. She didn’t.

“Good.” I said as I started driving again.

It wasn’t long ‘till my car was parked at our destination and I was in the elevator, guiding a blindfolded Annabeth to our reservation.

“You know, Percy, knowing that we’re in the elevator- since we’re not moving and because I hear the elevator music- I gotta say,” Annabeth said. “This is an awfully long elevator ride.”

When she said that, I instantly panicked.

Of course, this is a long elevator ride! I should’ve known that she would recognize it. I mean, why wouldn’t she? She has been here countless of times. Oh gods, please help me…

I was going to say some lame ass excuse, but thank the Olympus, the elevator stopped with a ding.

“Hhmmm….” Annabeth mumbled, suspectingly as she went out of the elevator using her hands as her guide.

I let out a breath that I was holding and silently thanked my father and/ or any other god/goddess that made the freaking elevator stop. I even thanked electricity…

At the corner of my eye, I saw that the elevator was starting to close, so I quickly put my hand between the..uh..thingys, and quickly followed Annabeth to our reservation.

When I found her, she was walking like a … well,… she was walking like a penguin. Trust me, I would know. Actually, she was walking like a retarded penguin. Hmm…

A cute retarded penguin, that is.. I added, mentally.

I walked over her, pushing her arms down so they were in their original position. I leaned in, slowly while my arms snaked upwards. When my lips touched hers, I untied the blindfold off her and threw it away, still not breaking the contact that our lips were making. I smiled, slowly pulling away. I looked at Annabeth to see her smiling with closed eyes. She opened her eyes slowly and blinked a couple of times, adjusting the lights that she was now seeing. When her eyes focused on me, she smiled. She put her arms around my neck and touched her forehead against mine.

I smiled looking at her gorgeous grey eyes. Her hair that was loose were flowing behind her caused by the gentle night breeze, her eyes showing love and happiness, her lips smiling ever so slightly. I looked back at her eyes and found them staring at me. Her flawless face was in a very light shade of pink. I smiled at her.

“Hey,” I whispered. “Wanna see something? You hungry, right?” her eyes widened just a little bit, but she smiled and nodded her head.

“Yeah…” she chuckled. “I almost forgot about that.” I raised an eyebrow at her while smiling, teasingly.

“Oh, really?” I said. “And what made you almost forget about that, huh?” I said, nudging her arm with mine. she scoffed.

“You are so annoying, Seaweed Brain!” she said, shoving me backwards. I laughed.

“Yeah, well…” I said, glancing behind me. “I think you’ll love me to no end after this..”

“That’s impossible, Pe-” she gasped, when I stepped away from her view, allowing her to see our dinner reservation. Our *cough* private *cough* reservation. But it’s all worth it. She was looking around the dim, but beautiful room. “Percy!” she shouted, looking at me wide-eyed. I smiled, going up to her.

“Yes, Wise Girl?” I asked, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. She shoved my arms off, softly.

“Percy.. this.” She sighed, smiling, her eyes still wide with shock and happiness. Yeah, it’s all worth it. “This is amazing.” I smiled, but she then frowned, looking down. “Percy.. this is.. expensive. I-”

“Stop it.” I said. She looked at me, questioningly. “Stop saying anything that goes on those lines, because tonight is really not the night to worry about that. I already handled it and all you could do to ‘repay’ me is to throw away all you worries. Worries about school, being a demigod, about the gods or anything at all. Tonight, we’re just two normal teenagers, who happened to be madly in love with each other and have no care for the rest of the world. Understood?”

She looked at me with those eyes and smiled. She nodded her head ever so slightly. I smiled back at her.

“Well, then.” She said. “Why don’t we start our date, Mr. Jackson?” I smiled.

“I’d love to, Ms. Chase.” I said, looping my arm around hers and walking toward our table, which is located at the middle of the room.

We enjoyed our time eating some of the most delightful food we ever tasted, but what can you expect on one of the best buildings in the world, right?

After we ate, we just talked about stuff going on in school and just fooled around. I can’t say that it was normal, because we never actually had the time to actually fool around and be ‘normal’, but I definitely enjoyed it.

“So, what’s this about a play?” she asked, when we came to the topic of our school. “Thank you.” She mumbled as a waitress took our empty plates. When the waitress was gone, I looked at Annabeth and answered her question with a grumble.

“Yeah.” I said. “I hate it when that thing happens. I guess, they’re doing it already, huh?” I sighed. She still looked at me, questioningly. “It’s like a play we do every year. The teachers are the ones who are going to pick the ones who are going to play the roles. But if you’re going to volunteer, then you should audition. I really don’t like it. We practice for a whole semester and then the play is on the next semester. I mean, it getting you out of class is pretty cool, but it really sucks for me. I mean, you know that I don’t like those things!”

She nodded.

“Oh…” she mumbled. “Wait! You’ve been on a play before?!” she said, her face between a laughing hyena and a shocked Godzilla. I raised an eyebrow at her.

“Yeah, why?” I asked.

“Well, I just didn’t know. Besides, you never did tell me.” she said in a matter-of-factly. “When?”

“Uhh..almost every year..” I said, scratching the back of my neck. When I saw the shock expression on her face, I said. “Well, you see, being..uh.. ‘popular’ gets me some recommendation from teachers and students.” I explained. She nodded, understandingly.

“So, what was it? the play, I mean. And what’s your role.” She asked. “And I’m only asking about the most recent play.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Interested now, are we, Wise Girl?” I teased. She shoved my arm, but cracked a smile. “Well, I was the supporting character, I guess. It was ‘Phantom of the Opera’, but luckily I didn’t do any singing. Thank gods.” I said. Annabeth laughed.

“Well, I guess, that’s good.” She smiled. I shook my head ‘no’ and she laughed, her voice like melodic bells, giving my ears a lullaby. ‘Hey, Percy..?”

“Yeah?” I said, looking at her. She was looking around the small-ish dim, but beautiful room that we were in. “You wanna go, now?”

“Yeah..” she mumbled. I stood up, taking her hand. She looked at me. “I loved it, Seaweed Brain. I love this.” She gestured at the place. I smiled at her and brought her closer to me that our foreheads were touching.

“Wait there.” I whispered. “It gets better.” She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I just smiled back. “C’mon!” I said as I dragged her to the stairs that was a bit hidden, since it was dark. When we were up the stairs I opened the door and walked in, the cool wind hitting my face.

I turned around to see Annabeth looking at the place with awe. I smiled and walked towards her. I wrapped my arms around her waist from the back. She leaned back, putting her hands on top of mine. I put my shoulder on her neck as she continued to stare at the magnificent view.

“Wow..” she whispered.

“Yeah..” I said, still not taking my eyes off of her. “Pretty, huh?” she looked at me.

“How?” she said, smiling. “How did you know I always wanted to see this?”

“I don’t.” I answered. “I just thought that maybe you’d want to see this, since it is one of the most famous buildings in the world. To be honest, at first, I decided against bringing you here. ‘cuz you know, you’ve already been here before, but then I thought you never actually got the chance to actually see the view. You were always too busy to see it even if it’s right in front of you. So I thought that maybe you’d want to see it how mortals see it. Amazing. Beautiful. One of the best works of mankind.”

She nodded and looked at the view again. “Wow,” she sighed. “The view of Empire State Building; New York City.” She looked at me. “Thank you, Percy.”She smiled and leaned up to kiss me.

I responded as soon as her lips touched mine. Hey, she still hasn’t given me her promise. So, I’m just going to take it.

“Percy-” she gasped. I just smiled at her.

“Your promise,” I whispered in her ear. “Remember.” She looked confused for a second, but soon her eyes widened in recognition, then she smiled and laughed. “So, ‘m guessing you remember, now?” I asked. She nodded. “Good.” And then I leaned down and went back to.. uh.. kissing her.

So yeah, we just hanged out there, kissing, walking back and forth, talking about anything that comes into mind.. You know, the unusual. It was almost one of the best nights/date we ever had. Almost..

XXXX xxxx XXXX xxxx XXXX

We were walking back to the place I parked my car.

The streets were almost empty. The only people in the streets were a few beggars at the corner of the streets. Two were sleeping, but the other one was wide-awake. I felt a bit uneasy about the way he was staring at us. Unfortunately, we had to pass him to go to the place I parked my car. Just great…

I felt Annabeth’s hand grip my arm, when we had to pass the strange man. So, she felt it, too… I put my hand over hers, reassuringly. But we all know I felt weird about that man. I let out a sigh of relief when we passed the strange man.

I was just about to unlock my car, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I tensed and I could feel Annabeth do the same. I slowly turned around to face the man. And guess, what, it was the strange beggar.

“Um..hi..” I said, slowly, backing up a bit. He raised his empty plastic cup that he was holding. I took that time to look at him, closely. He was wearing a very loose beanie. There was something sticking up in his beanie and his pant were a bit baggier than the others, but for the rest of his attire, it looked normal for a beggar. He shoved his hand that was holding the cup to me. “Okay, okay..” I mumbled, taking out my wallet to get some change. From beside me, Annabeth gasped.

“Percy..” Annabeth said, tugging on my jacket. I looked at her to see her staring at the man in horror.

“Annabeth?” I asked. “You okay..?” she just shook her head and pointed at the man.

“Percy..” she said as she did that. “Look.” I looked at the man and saw him- it changing. It was growing, making me step back, pulling Annabeth with me. It was really growing, making his clothes rip off, leaving him only in his beanie and… and diapers? His face resembles a bull and his body was filled with brown hair. He shook his head, widely, making his beanie fall and revealing his horns. Minotaur.

“Shit.” I cursed, mumbling. I quickly fumbled with my pants to get Riptide.

“Perseus…” it growled, his eyes glaring at me. “…Jackson…” I raised Riptide, getting into fighting position. It was a bit hard, considering the minotaur was taller than the other minotaurs that I have fought with, but . I dared to look at Annabeth to see how she was doing. She wasn’t holding her dagger. I sent a question with my eyes, but before she got the time to answer, the minotaur pounded his fist on the ground just an inch from where I was standing.

“RUN!” I shouted at Annabeth. We ran as fast as we can from the monster, but of course it was difficult, since the monster was very big compared to us.

I looked back and saw that the monster was running after us. My car was far away from us, so there’s no way to run. I looked at Annabeth.

“Why don’t you have your dagger?!” I shouted/said as we continued to run. She looked at me.

“I forgot! I’m sorry!” she shouted back. “I thought I didn’t need it!” I looked back at the minotaur.

“It’s okay!” I shouted at her. “Run, okay?!”

“What?!” she shouted, but when she saw that I stopped and faced the minotaur that was running and shouting my name. She stopped. “Percy, no!”

“Go!” I said. “You’re unarmed, Annabeth! GO!!” I shouted, but she shook her head.

“I’m not leaving!” she said, but I just threw the car keys at her. She caught it. “Per-”

“No. Go to the car and get inside. Don’t unlock the door unless if it’s me. I’ll distract the minotaur while you do that.” I said, looking at the running minotaur. “I’ve dealt with these things before, Annabeth.” I turned my head to look at her. “I’ll be right back. Wait for me, okay?” she looked like she was debating whether to stay or not, but eventually, she nodded and went off, hiding, so the minotaur won’t see her. Apparently, she forgot her cap, too… I thought. My thoughts were broken when the minotaur stroke again, but fortunately I saw it coming so I quickly went to the other side.

“Perseus Jackson,” it said in a very deep minotaur-ish voice. “I’ve been waiting for this day.” it said as it stroke again. I continued to dodge its attacks. A trick I learned from Annabeth; make your opponent tired then you strike.

I raised my eyebrows at it. “Really, now..” I said, as I slashed his arm.

“Have you not received the messages?” he asked then he took one rusty pole from the side walk with his big hands. Using it as a sphere or something, he stroke at me. Good thing I have reflex..

“You were the one sending me those text messages?” I asked, glaring at him.

“Of course I was.” He said, striking again. Unfortunately, this time, he managed to bruise my arm.

“Arghh!!” I shouted. I bent down and slashed his knee with Riptide.

“Aaaahhh!!!” he bellowed. I ran a bit away from him. I looked back at Annabeth and saw she was half-way there. Good..

“You shouldn’t have done that!” I shouted at the monster. “I don’t want my time being wasted!” I shouted as I slashed at his other arm.

“Aaaahhhh!!!” he shouted as he stroke again. He managed to hit me in the abdomen, making me fly (that sounds weird) and hit a red car, which looked expensive.

“Urrgghh!!” I shouted. My back felt like it was on fire.

“Percy!!” I heard Annabeth shout. I quickly stood up and took Riptide. The Minotaur looked behind him and saw Annabeth.

“Ahh..” it said. “Daughter of Athena.” It tilted his head and laughed. “Un armed are we? Hahahaha!!!” he started to walk to Annabeth.

“No!!” I shouted as I ran to him and I slashed Riptide at his back. I guess, he saw it coming, but it was too late. Although, he did manage to make riptide fly out of my hands.

The Minotaur dropped to his knees and fell. “Aaarrgghhh!!!”

“I told you I don’t want my time being wasted.” I said. I looked at Annabeth. I nodded. I turned around and walked over to get Riptide.

“Percy!!” Annabeth shouted, just when I got Riptide in my hands. I looked at her. “Watch OUT!!!!”

I didn’t understand her at first, but I definitely did when I felt pain shot threw me. The Minotaur was now standing over me, range filled his eyes. Riptide was out of my hands and I was lying on the cement in the middle of the streets. My head was in pure pain, considering it hit the pavement when the Minotaur stroke at me, making me fly for the second time. Damn, this Minotaur was good.

“Perseus Jackson, I finally get to avenge my brothers.” It said, raising his fist. “Say, goodbye, Perseus.”

“No!!” I heard Annabeth shout. I closed my eyes. I know this isn’t the end. I’ve been through so much. Far worse than this. This can’t be it. “Percy!!”

“AARRGHHH!!!!” the Minotaur shouted. I waited for the pain, but it never came. I opened my eyes. The Minotaur was wide-eyed, staring at his chest, which was covered with blood, a bronze dagger was poking through it. the minotaur looked back at me. “This isn’t over, Perseus. I’ll come back to avenge my broth- ers…” he said, his voice fading until he evaporated. The bronze dagger dropped in mid-air as I sighed in relief.

“Percy!” Annabeth shouted as she came over me. I tried for a smile.

“Hey, Wise Girl.” I said. “I told you I’ll be okay.”

“You nearly got killed!” she said, exasperated. I laughed, weakly.

“But I didn’t.” I said. “Thanks to you. “ I smiled. “I thought I you forgot to bring your dagger?” she frowned.

“I did.” She said, her eyebrows scrunching up. “Percy, I didn’t do that.” She said.

“Then who-” before I could finish, an unfamiliar voice cut me off.

“Why don’t we talk about this in a more private place?” it said. Annabeth and I looked up to see an old man, holding the dagger. I don’t know him. Never saw him before, but I guess, Annabeth does.

Annabeth gasped, looking at the old man.

“Sir. Garfield?!”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 17.3K 29
⤷ annabeth does not sing in public, which is something she made perfectly clear to her theatre loving best friends. however, thanks to them forcing h...
6.7K 189 15
Rated Mature out of caution! Check inside to see reasons! When Annabeth went on vacation over the summer, the last thing she expected was to get a b...
129K 1.5K 69
Percy Jackson is not a normal boy. He is the hottest boy to roam the halls of Goode High, a young athlete, and on the wanted list for absolute hottie...
138K 2.4K 13
Percy goes back to Goode High School and faces his old friends questions of why he disappears last year. Piper gives high school another shot. Her d...