PURE AND TAINTED ( wanda maxi...

By soughtflxwer

❛ i never had the chance to be soft, i was always bloody knuckles and shards of glass ❜ © soughtf... More

pure and tainted
epigraph
one → be more descriptive
two → i'm gonna need a table
three → i actually liked these boots
four → i'm kind of an expert
five → my respect for you has grown
six → they don't deserve to know
seven → what am i becoming?
eight → or are we just winging it?
nine → here's some advice
eleven → shawarma sounds amazing
twelve → i need to let you go
thirteen → how is this confusing for you
fourteen → our relatable monster problems
fifteen → i need to not say nineties' slang
sixteen → everyone who isn't aline
seventeen → you
eighteen → i applaud you, sir
nineteen → no chick-flick moments
twenty → i'm not psychic
twenty-one → phasmatos maltos
twenty-two → like a team
twenty-three → is it bad that i like banksy?
twenty-four → we are soulmates, after all
twenty-five → the stars... i can see them again
twenty-six → am i stupid for doing that?
twenty-seven → that kind of potty language
twenty-eight → why won't you just die?!
twenty-nine → odds are that i'm angry
thirty → that possibly evil android overlord
thirty-one → i'm technically an abomination against nature
thirty-two → 'cause the dude's ancient
thirty-three → damn, that was hot
thirty-four → be safe?
thirty-five → the wound on her heart
thirty-six → wake up and don't leave me alone
thirty-seven → your great-times-fifty grandmother
thirty-eight → don't have an adventure without us!
thirty-nine → that's my girlfriend, so back off
forty → let's go to our fancy dinner date then
forty-one → you're making me ruin my makeup
forty-two → i have, on multiple occasions
forty-three → being all cool and badass, i love it!
forty-four → thanks, man, for that sort of deep thing
forty-five → what happens
forty-six → you don't just give up
forty-seven → no, you move
forty-eight → oh, my god, that stupid bitch!
forty-nine → you did leave me hanging for several hours
fifty → it smelt like cabbage
fifty-one → what happened to us
fifty-two → that was hilarious!
fifty-three → calm down, it's not a bomb
fifty-four → did you just splurge on me?!
fifty-five → this is not up for debate
fifty-six → i think we're by the ocean
fifty-seven → i would've cleaned myself up
fifty-eight → i really need a drink
fifty-nine → i literally just told you i'm a criminal

ten → besides the impending alien army

10.3K 458 22
By soughtflxwer

PURE AND TAINTED
CHAPTER TEN
(
 besides the impending alien army )

"CALL IT, CAP," TONY SAID. He had landed roughly beside the group, his gold and red armor just slightly dented but still working perfectly nonetheless. Aline was sure that if he lifted up his mask, she'd see just how exhausted he was.

"All right, listen up," Steve said, addressing their group. "Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked as Tony walked up to him.

"Right," Tony said. "Better clench up, Legolas." Grabbing hold of the archer, Tony flew off and quickly dropped Clint off at the desired location.

Aline called after them, cupping her hand around her mouth. "That's super creepy, Tony!"

Steve continued to order them about. "Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning, light the bastards up." Thor swung his hammer until it spun so fast Aline couldn't see it anymore and disappeared into the sky. "Us three, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk." Hulk turned and looked at him. "Smash."

The Hulk grinned.

___

Leaning tiredly on a flipped over taxi, Aline groaned then yawned loudly. She used her hand to cover her mouth, then turned to Natasha, who was also standing beside her. "I've been draining blood all day," she said through another yawn, "and yet I've never been more tired and exhausted in my life. God, I need a massage." She looked down and saw there was a rip in the sleeve of her jacket, and not the cool kind. The tribrid reached up, hoping to wipe away whatever alien blood was still collecting around her lips.

Natasha stood next to her, also panting. Somehow she had managed to snag one of the Chitauri spears, wielding it like she had used it before. "So when are you gonna explain to us what you are exactly?" she asked, a slight grin on her lips.

Aline just grinned. "Sorry, cupcake, you need special access for that." Lifting her head, she saw a Chitauri soldier running straight towards them. "Maybe if you leveled up," she said, effortlessly raising her wrist and flicking it, resulting in the Chitauri to fall over dead from a broken neck, "I'll give you the whole rundown." The tribrid slouched over on the taxi.

When Steve eventually joined them, she saw that he too was exhausted. Natasha looked at him in surprise, aiming the spear at him but once she realized who he was, she dropped it. "Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal."

Looking up, Aline saw the portal sitting above the Stark Tower. It looked like it had gotten bigger, with more Chitauri and Leviathans pouring out of it with every passing second. "Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Steve panted.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," Natasha said, carefully eyeing the Chitauri chariots flying ahead. Slowly, Aline followed the woman's gaze and grinned.

"You wanna get up there," Steve said, "you're gonna need a ride."

"I got a ride. I could use a lift though."

Aline suddenly smiled, pushing herself up from the car. She knew exactly what the woman was planning. "Oh, there's no way in hell that you're doing that without me!" She raised her hand high. "Count me in, sista!"

The two women got into position, knees bent and ready to run, while Steve started to angle his shield in the correct position. "Are you sure about this?" He lifted his head up to look at the chariots, watching as they zoomed past in the blink of an eye.

"Are you kidding?" Aline laughed to herself. "I've never been so sure of anything in my life, and that's saying something. Just tell me when you're ready, Stevie."

The moment Steve gave her a nod, Aline took that as her cue and rushed forward. Doing a bit of parkour, the tribrid hopped on the car then onto Steve's shield. He boosted her up with all his might and Aline shot high into the air. Her hand stretched out, hoping to latch onto something solid and once it did, she held on tight and did not let go. It felt like she had gotten whiplash, her body just dragging through the air behind the chariot. She swung her other hand to grab hold of the vehicle, eventually pulling herself up onto it. The wind was roaring in her ears, and she was thankful that her hair was pulled into a ponytail. If not, it would have been a tangled rat's nest of a mess, and would have been everywhere.

The Chitauri soldier driving didn't even seem to notice Aline, and she smiled at that. She raised a hand at it and shouted, "Ossox!" Immediately, the creature screeched loudly as several of its bones started to break and snap, the sounds as clear as day. It fell over, shaking and curling in on itself, and Aline reached down and gripped its shoulders. She easily tossed it over the side. "Sayounara, dude!" she shouted, watching its body fall to the ground below, then she turned to the control. "All right, Ali... this should be just like riding a bike, right? A much bigger, alien bike..."

Taking hold of the controls, Aline tipped it to the right and legitimate fear took hold in her heart as the chariot spun upside down momentarily. "Nope, nope, nope!" she screamed. "Not like a bike! Not like a bike at all!"

A laugh came from her left and she looked to see it was Natasha. Instead of kicking her pilot off, she had simply dug her knives into its body and used him to pilot. "Not fair!" Aline shouted over the wind. Looking ahead of her, she slowly started to turn the chariot to the side, following after Natasha. "You know, besides the impending alien army, this is actually pretty fricken' cool! Now, let's go save New York! And maybe the world... yeah, the world, too!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.6K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
5.9K 212 26
CENTURIES | "He's been here forever, and he's the chosen fruit, I could scream forever We a...
244K 6.1K 49
"𝘏𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨?" [ avengers ] - [ avengers: infinity war] 𝘣�...
475K 16.9K 96
✪ "𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞" ✪ 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜, 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜...