Friends With Benefits

By TheShonelleAct

Violet Shay, and Elliot Ritchers are best friends. Well best friends with Benefits. More

The Breakdown
Friends With Benefits Right?
Time For Fun
Behind These Gray Eyes
The Times We Have
Sex Can Be A Real Downer
What's Love Got To Do With It?
Tell Me That You Love Me
Help With My Strings
Leave Me Breathless
Can You Believe It?
Let's Get This Started
The Untold Secret
Bitter Memories
Who Desires Most?
The Secrets Revealed
Did I Do That?
You Can't Just Fix The Past
You Didn't Have To Do That
Can You Hear Me?
Maybe A Cold Shower Will Help?
I Was Not Expecting That
Epilouge-My Choice Is Made
Got Questions?

Dance Without Regrets

101K 1.6K 675
By TheShonelleAct

Copyright 2020 by TheShonelleAct

(Title and Cover may be subject to change) All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means, or stored in a database retrival system, without the prior written permisson of the author.

I shifted my eyes away from Elliot's. What was up with that damn smile of his? I knew he was up to no good.

  Scarlett pulled away from Wren's embrace and focused her attention at everyone at the table. "So everyone guess what!" She shouted. No one answered cause we knew before we could respond she would still be talking. "The school is planning on having a ball in a couple of weeks. Like an actual BALL guys.  All thanks to moi," The table groaned in unison and she glared at back. "What are you all upset about? Who doesn't love a good party?"

   I shook my head. "No, it's not that we don't like a party, its the fact that we don't like school parties. They almost always end in drama." Two years ago, some girl got caught in the basketball net (Don't ask me why, no one even knows) and a year ago some boys had a verbal fight about something in the past that resulted in them handcuffing themselves to a locker. Long story short, this school never had a boring dance.

   She rolled her eyes and waved my excuse away. "That was definitely last year. This is a new fresh beginning and since I'm in charge it's going to awesome. Can you all honestly tell me that my parties have ever sucked?"

  No one said anything again. Scarlett was known for her amazing parties.

  She smiled proudly. "Exactly. But I do need help. Violet and Lena I put you on decoration duty."

  My mouth fell open. "You hired me without asking me first? What happened to democracy?"

  "Not in my eyes." She said simply and carried on. "Elliot and Madison I have you on snacks. This isn't too hard since its only snacks but they have to be fancy. This is a formal ball." She grinned so wide that I thought her face was going to fall off.

  "And Sean I sighed you and Mason up for music. He's going to be pretty stubborn about it so good luck with that."

  "Hey!" Mason said walking towards the table. "I don't let just anyone touch my music. I have a very specfic taste." he puffed out his chest and all the girls except Lena rolled their eyes.

  Sean laughed good naturely. "I don't mind. As long as it isn't screamo I'm fine."

  Mason looked like he was about to cry. "Dude, me too. I knew I was going to like you!" He said patting Sean on the back taking a seat between him and Lena.

   "Someone's in love.." Elliot said softly so only I could hear. I giggled and then quickly stopped collecting myself.

  "I will be the one making sure everything is fine. You can switch partners for particular small stuff I don't really care just do your job and everything should be fine."

  "Man I hate balls." A football player named Hunter mummbled. "That's what she said." Mason said gaining a high five from Wren.

   Scarlett threw a carrot at both boys. "This one is amazing. The theme is ice so it's going to be mainly blue and white. But of course the students are allowed to have a splash of color. Like a nice red pump or maybe a black head band. Ugh the options are endless."

  Lena nodded and grabbed her glasses putting it on with one finger. Mason seemed to be doing a terrible job at hiding the fact that he was staring at her. Since when did he start liking her? Ah, right the party. Sometimes all it takes is a little music and some liquor courage I guess to get the feelings flowing.

  "On another equally important note . What are we doing after school today?" Scarlett said taking Wren's hand. He smiled sheepishly like he was embarassed to be holding hands so publically but squeezed her hand regardless. I think he was just scared of PDA but dating someone like Scarlett you tell to let some things slide.

  "I have auditions today so I'm booked." Sean nodded taking a bite of his apple.

"Same." I replied.

  Elliot looked at me carefully before answering. "I'm going to be busy too."

  I nervously picked at my food knowing very well that if I glared at him everyone would get suspicous. Plus I would just be glaring at him because he's acting like a toddler. Which he often does anyway. As much as it seems like it, I don't glare at Elliot often.

  "You're not coming to auditions are you?"

  Elliot removed his hand from Madison's back and had a smug look on his face. "Why? Are you saying I can't act?"

  "I'm not just saying that. I mean it." I said finally looking at him with a smile. He chuckled lightly. "Well lucky for you, I'm not auditioning. I have to help my little brother with something."

  Wren took his hand off Scarlett's to grab a piece of a carrot. "I don't know if I'm free either. I have to help my dad with stuff."

  Scarlett pouted and looked at Lena. "Are you leaving me too?"

    Lena blushed a little and shrugged. "I have to study, I told you that. How long has it been since you've spent some time for yourself? If I think about it.... I'd guess somewhere around seventy-six days." she tapped her chin. Everyone looked at her surprised and she blushed more shrugging her shoulders again.

  Mason smiled and gave her a little thumbs up. If she could get anymore red then she possibly is...

   "Hey Elliot? Can I ask you something?" Madison said her voice dipping low. But since I was sitting next to Elliot I could hear almost exactly what they were saying. I could easily listen in if I wanted too..

  But no. That'd be wrong. But at the same time when I have ever done anything right? I'm a teenager right? I think I'm obligated to make some wrong choices time from time. I looked around the lunch table to make sure they weren't listening to me listening either. Scarlett and Wren were talking about a future date plan, Mason was talking to Sean about music and Lena was writing some more things in her notebook.

   I took a deep breath and leaned in.

  "Sure go ahead." Elliot answered casually. "Do you think maybe you could tell me more about your friends I feel like I don't know them. It kind of makes me uncomfortable."

  There was a pause. "I'm sorry, I thought I did. Well Mason I've know since freshman year and we have been good guy friends, Same with Wren, I actually introduced him to Scarlett way back when." He said proudly. That was me and him thank you very much.

   "No, I mean I want to know them too but I was talking about the girls. I feel like I don't know any of them. I was planning on setting something up with each of them but they seem so busy and I'm not sure they like me..."

  Ouch. I didn't know if it was a guilt pain I felt or...  I'm pretty sure it was the guilt. I bit my lip hard. I never meant to do anything rude. It just has been awkward with her but she's probably a nice girl. I was too selfish to realize that.

  "Wait? No, of course they like you. Why wouldn't they?"

  "I don't know I guess I just feel that way."

  "Don't. I'll talk to them okay? I'm sure once they get to know you they'll realize how cool you really are."

  I leaned forward in my own seat trying to drone out the rest of their conversation. I guess that was a new goal of mine. Make friends with Madison. If she was going to permanant than I needed to adjust to that. No matter how uncomfortable it is.

   I walked down the hallway my knees wobbly. I normally wasn't nervous about auditioning for plays but the thing is, this show is not a play. It's a musical.

   I've always dreamed of being the lead ina musical preformance but I always got shot down. My voice wasn't strong enough, my acting didn't mix well with my singer, or maybe all together I didn't look the part. No matter the reason, I never ever got the chance to be a lead in a musical.

   But now it's my turn.

  "Ms. Johnson you promised!" Jason shrieked. Ms Johnson was in front of the stage where the seats were. She sat next to the choir director Mrs. Otten, and the Dance teacher Ms. Losen who has uneasy looks on their faces. Ms. Johnson was composed and pushed her slipping glasses up her nose. "I changed my mind the instant you asked me. I guess that's the way theater works. You always have to be quick on your feet."

   Jason huffed but said nothing more.

  "Besides, who knows? You may even surprise yourself with your voice." She put a stack of papers on the table and passed them to the two teachers. "Now go where the rest of the kids are and sign up. If not I suggest you watch the auditions and feel some sort of way knowing that you missed your chance." She didn't even look at him once.

   He opened his mouth to say something than slowly closed it again. Mummbling something all the way in the back.

  I took numerous amounts of deep breaths. One more and I was sure to pass out.

   "Are you nervous?"

I whirled around to see Sean dressed in dark colored shirt with an equally dark pair of jeans. I eyed him up and down.

  "Like what you see?"

  I blushed a little. "Of course. And to answer your question I sure as hell am."

  I sat down in the audience and he slide in next to me. "I am too. But the good thing is the teachers watching us aren't hostile so we don't have to be worried about them yelling at us"

  I looked at him like he had a stuffed panda bear on his head. "Excuse me? I keep forgetting your new to the school because everyone knows what a hard ass Ms. Johnson is capable of being. Nine times outta ten she's pretty easy going but when you step an inch on her bad side" I pouded my fist into the palm of my hand watching Sean's eyes widedened.

  "There goes your manhood."

  He shook it off and whistled. "Good thing you don't have manhood."

  I laughed. "Yes. That is a good thing." I leaned back in the chair. "What do you do before an audition?"

  "Me? I usually just think of something really good that's happening in my life and then try to picure myself already as the part I'm auditioning for. It will be a plus if I get the part and the girl."

  I almost didn't catch the last part. You know when your brain processes information slowly than normal? That's what just happened. And when I looked at him and I mean really looked at Sean I saw all the great things he was really capable of. Not just being a great boyfriend but being an amazing person as well.

  I blinked unsure of what to say. "Mr. Sean? Please get ready for your audition with Ms. Violet. You two are next up."

  Here comes to panic. "Together? But we haven't even rehersaed? I don't know which tone to have my voice! What is going on in my life!"

  Sean laughed. "Violet relax. Its going to be something simple what song do you know that has a duet in it?"

  I tapped my chin. "Baby Its Cold Outside?" A simple Christmas song everyone knows. A little questionable when it comes to the details within the song but it's the only thing that I know all the words to.

  He grinned at me making my heart beat faster. "Perfect."

  "Sean and Violet!" Ms. Johnson screeched and we both flew out of our seats and onto the stage.

   I knew the song by heart, only because when my parents were more involved and enjoyed me playing piano we used to stand by it and me and my father would sing a long to this song. It was almost sad to bring it up again.

  Before we got on stage Sean pulled me back. I looked at him questionably. "I need to ask you an important question after this. Do you mind?"

Oh god this was it. He was going to ask me to be his girlfriend. That would make me officaiously not single anymore. I would be off the market completely and doing something with someone else would make me a cheater. And a homewrecker if that particular person was already in a relationship. I didn't even know what my answer would be.

  All I did was nod and he gave my hand one last squeeze.

  "What is the song you will be singing?" Mrs. Otten asked.

  "Baby It's Cold Outside" Sean answered.

   Ms. Johnson smiled. "Cute. Go ahead and begin."

  Non-surprisingly, Ms. Johnson signaled to a man sitting by the piano and he began to play the song. Ms. Johnson always came prepared.

  My hands were starting to feel clammy and my legs started to buckle below me. I looked out at the audience and saw a couple of students staring at me already judging my preformance.

   I can do this. I can do this.

  I opened my mouth and began to sing the first verse. It wasn't too rocky in fact.. it wasn't bad at all. I hit the right notes and so far I was doing okay.

  Sean sang his part and even started to dance around me playing the part of the song. He grabbed my hand and started twirling me around the stage. I smiled goofily and sang along with him our voices blending together perfectly.

  I've never felt this before as cheesy as it sounds. To be on stage is one thing but to be on stage with someone who knows your dream and accepts it fully and can relate because it's their exact dream too.

  Our final verse was coming up and it slowed down a little getting more cozy and romantic. He stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, swaying me back and forth. He winked twirling me out one last time as we belted out the last part.

  When we ended we both stared at each other breathing heavily.

  If you think about it (as my inapprioate mind just might) we practically had theater sex.

  The teachers clapped politely and  a few scattered applause was heard in the background. I quickly snapped back to reality and walked off the stage with Sean behind me. When we got to a safe distance he picked me up and hugged me. I laughed and hugged him tighter feeling floaty and almost invincible.

  "That was great! You were great!" Sean gushed. I scoffed at him. "Are you kidding me? I would have sounded terrible if you didn't join in. Plus you dancing around me like that? I would have never thought of doing that!"

   After we stopped laughing his face got serious. "Violet, about that question I--"

  "Hey Vi that was great!" Elliot came running out the auditorium towards me giving me the tightest hug.

   I was taken aback but smiled. "Thanks. What are you doing here?"

  "I uh finished doing what I had to do and wanted to come see you. I haven't missed one audition yet."

  I would have gotten teary eyed if it wasn't for me being aganist crying so much. He was right, he hasn't missed one since I decided to pursue acting. I didn't even realize that until now.

  Sean coughed uncomfortably. "Oh, um Elliot do you mind giving me and Sean a second he was about to ask me something."

  Elliot looked at Sean for the first time. "Sorry, I was just excited and everything. Did I cut you off or something? I didn't even know."

  "Seems to happen an awful lot." Sean said a sly smile on his face. He looked at me. "But Violet it's okay. I should be getting home to my brother anyway I promised I'd pick him up from baseball practice. I'll call you tonight."

  "Wait, what about the question?"

  Something flickered over his eyes. "Nothing. I'll just call you tonight." He gave me a light kiss on the cheek and turned walking away.

  I sighed facing Elliot. "I'm really sorry Vi, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys." His tone was sincere but his eyes gave away something different. I have no time to argue with him now.

  "What is you really wanted?"

  I started walking and he came in step with me taking my bag off my shoulder. "I'll take that. And how do you know I wanted to talk to you about something?"

  Because I heard you at lunch talking to your almost girlfriend.

"No reason," I said instead. "Well, Madison wants to hang out with you tonight and I was thinking you and the girls can have some type of sleepover?"

  "Its only Monday."

  He waved the excuse away. "Aw, come on Vi. You and I both know your parents could care in the slightess if a guest comes over to visit. Didn't they say they would be working late nights this week?"

  I stopped walking and raised an eyebrow. "How do you know that?"

  He smiled. "Liam."

"And how does he know that?"

  "Sherry."

  "Blabbermouth." I grumbled. "Do you know if Liam ever told Sherry that his real name isn't Michael?"

   He thought about it. "I think he said he was going to tell her about it today." He said casually. I cursed under my breathe. Most likely she's at home hurting because her first boyfriend decided to lie to her.

  "I need to go home."

  "Want me to come with you?"

Even though this wasn't true I felt as if those words have been said more than once and in every conclusion, we ended up having sex. That was something I was trying to avoid.

  "No that's okay." we reached the main doors. "I'll be just fine doing this on my own."

  He stepped in front of me blocking my way to the car. His eyes almost scared me how serious they looked. "You can't do everything on your own Vi, trust me."

   I said nothing and just nodded slowly. It was one of those sentences that can be used for more than one reason. Who knows excatly what he means by that.

   I unlocked my car and hopped inside. I put the window down so I could say goodbye.

  "Sean was going to ask you to be his girlfriend you know that right?"

  Again, I knew nothing to say so I just nodded. He smiled faintly. "Just becareful the choice you make. You never know when your going to regret it." Before I could answer he started walking hasitly to his car. I leaned back putting the car on.

   With one good thing that happens, another complications has to occur. Wait...

  What exactly did he mean by regret?

__________A/N

tsk tsk, what ever did Elliot mean by that?

Anywho...

HEY EVERYONE! Not a long note but awhile ago I added a question at the end of the chapter and I kind of dig that idea. So I'll either change it from what it used to be or add on to it. Either way let me know what you guys think!

   Question Of The Day-Are you Team Sean or Team Elliot? ;)

  Thank you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 37.8K 123
Carrie Bogiatto was just six years old when her mother took her away. Away from her father, away from her brothers, away from her life. And she took...
28K 1.3K 30
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
107K 1.4K 44
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
312K 8.2K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.