Their World | Rilaya

By rmhmhm

Riley and Maya just started dating and are now forced to take on their new world as a couple. This is a sequ... More

1: You're Lying
2: Broken
3: Rage
4: Maya's Back
5: Fears
6: Masked
7: One More Thing
8: Right Now
9: Mr. Civil War
10: Right or Wrong
11: Goodbye
12: Lost Voice
13: Paint Fight
14: The Painting
15: Us
16: First Date
17: Not a Double Date
18: A Walk
19: Roses
21: How to Ask
22: The Ask
23: I Do
24: A...
25: ...Long...
26: ...Walk...
27: ...To...
28: ...Upstate
29: Scarred, but Healing
30: She's Not Her
31: A Day Together
32: Keys
33: New Student
34: Unknown Sleepovers?
36: Promises
37: The Scarring Truth
38: Sunshine
39: Help
40: Happy Holidays?
41: Say Yes
42: The...
43: ...Happiest...
44: ...Show...
45: ...On...
46: ...Earth
47: Last Day
48: Meet Mr. Murphy
49: Give Me an F?
50: Defeated
51: The Principal
52: Anniversary
53: The Nature Talk
54: Campfire or Stars?
55: Ski Lodge
56: Let's Party
57: Stories from Last Night
58: A Sleepless Night
59: What Love Is
60: Talk to Who?
61: The Reaction
62: Two Weeks
63: The Real Reason
64: Mistake
65: Let Her Go
66: Hope
67: One More Question
68: When You're Ready
69: What About Me?
70: Outcast
71: The Threat
72: Thankful
73: Hotel Room Fun
74: The Feeny Call
75: Keeping Secrets
76: The Right Time
77: The Second Plan
78: I Love You All
79: Wake...
80: ...Up...
81: ...Little...
82: ...Lucas
83: Accepted or Rejected
84: For the Love
85: Prom-ise Ring
86: Queens
87: In the Future
88: Graduation
89: Her Answer
90: Cold Feet
91: Wedding Bells
92: Speeches
93: Goodbye
A/N: Thank You
A/N: Sequel

20: Planning

3.1K 100 26
By rmhmhm

Topanaga enters her daughter's room to wake her up for school.

"Riley-"

She is stopped by what she sees.

Riley and Maya are sound asleep on the brunette's bed. Maya has her face buried in the taller girl's neck and Riley's arms are wrapped around the blonde to ensure that they are as close together as they possibly could be. The two girls' legs are intwined together and they are still in their normal street clothes from the night before.

Topanga takes a minute to admire how cute the two are together, before walking over to the bed.

"Riley. Maya. It's time to get ready for school," she says.

"No," Riley complains, burying her face into the blonde's hair.

"Maya," Topanga restates, hoping for a better reaction from her.

"Fine," Maya sighs, giving into the woman's request. "Riley we need to get up."

"Ugh," Riley moans as she begins to sit up.

"Good, breakfast will be ready in a bit," Topanga says before leaving.

The two sit in the bed for a few minutes in order to fully wake up.

"Maya, I'm going to go shower. Okay?"

"Okay. I'll probably go see if your mom needs any help with breakfast."

The girls leave the room. Maya heads out to the living room to Topanga.

"Morning, Maya," Topanaga says, "did Riley get up with you?"

"Yeah, she's just in the shower."

"Okay."

"Do you need any help cooking?"

"No, I'm just about done." Topanga answers. "So... How did you end up in Riley's room last night?"

"She never locks her window."

"I meant why were you in the there?"

"I took her for a walk last night," Maya replies.

"In the dark? Around the city?"

"Well yeah," Maya answers like the question was obvious, which really it was.

"Do you know how dangerous that is?"

"You're the one with the daughter who never locks her window. Do you know how dangerous that is?"

Topanga takes a minute to think of a response, "touché. As long as you guys didn't get hurt, I guess it's alright. Just promise me you'll never do that again."

"I promise..."

"Good."

Topanga continues to finish making breakfast, while Maya takes a seat at the table.

"So... Are you excited?" Topanga asks after a bit of silence.

"For what?"

"Sweetie, your mom and Shawn are getting married! What do you think I was talking about?"

"Oh that. Yeah I guess so."

"You guess so?" Topanga questions sitting down with the girl. "Come on, Maya. I know this means a lot to you."

Maya is quiet. She begins to smile, "I'm going to have a real family... And a father that is actually there for me," Maya says.

"You are," Topanga exclaims grabbing the girls hands.

"Hey guys," Riley interrupts.

"Good morning, Riley. Could you go get your father and brother for me? Breakfast is ready."

"Sure thing, mom," Riley turns away.

Topanga looks back towards Maya, "you don't have to hide how much this means to you, Maya."

Maya nods, as the other three come into the room.

The five eat their breakfast and finish getting ready for the day.

At school, all of Maya's friends congratulate her for Katy and Shawn's engagement.

After school, the group of friends meet up at Topanga's to do their homework.

"Maya, do you want to come back to my place?" Riley asks the blonde as they all begin to leave the bakery.

"Sure. I don't know where my mom is. I would have thought that she would be working."

"She's probably just with Shawn," Riley tells her.

The two head back towards Riley's apartment, "we are going to have to go through the front door. My mom told me I need to start locking my window."

Maya laughs, "that's fine."

As the girls walk through the door they are greeted by Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Katy.

"Hey girls," Shawn says.

"Hey... What are all of you doing here?" Riley asks.

"Shawn and Katy just came to discuss some of their wedding details," Cory answers.

"Sounds fun," Riley exclaims running over to the couch. Maya follows the brunette to the couch, but with less enthusiasm.

"Actually, I'm glad you're here, Baby Girl," Katy addresses her daughter. "We wanted to run a few things by you."

"Okay," Maya replies. "What?"

"Well the first thing is when we are actually going to have the wedding," Katy starts.

"We want your opinion on every detail of this wedding, because you deserve to be a part of it just as much as we do," Shawn adds.

"When were you thinking of having it?" Maya asks.

"Not this Saturday, but the next," Katy answers.

"That's in less than two weeks!" Maya shouts.

Riley takes a hold of the blonde's hand to calm her down.

"We know, Baby Girl. We aren't planning on it being too big, just us and a few close friends and family," Katy says.

"Like I said before, if you aren't comfortable with this, we don't have to have it that early," Shawn reassures her.

"Why so soon?"

"Your mother and I love each other, and we love you. None of our lives have been anywhere close to perfect and we all know that. But this is going to change all of our lives for the better. We didn't want to have to wait any longer to become a family," Shawn explains.

"I didn't think I would ever have another chance to have a father in my life. Definitely not this soon either," Maya slightly mumbles.

"Well, once this whole thing is over with, you will officially have one. I promise you that he'll stay around forever." Shawn says.

Maya smiles, "then it's a date."

"Really?" Katy asks.

"Really," she nods.

Katy hugs her daughter and everyone else in the room smiles.

"So what else have you guys planned?" Maya asks, after her mother pulls away.

"Well, like we said before we want it to be quiet and not too over the top," Katy starts.

"So we are kind of just thinking of having it on the roof of this apartment,". Shawn finishes for her.

"Yep. Topanga and I already talked to the manager and he said he was fine with it," Cory adds.

"I was also hoping that you and Riley could be my bridesmaids, and Topanga could be my maid of honor," Katy says.

"Done," Riley comments.

"Sounds good to me," Maya answers.

"And I was thinking that my best man would be..." Shawn starts.

"Please say me, please say me, please say me," Cory says to himself, as he crosses his fingers and rocks back and forth.

"Cory," Shawn finishes.

"Yes! Woohoo!" Cory shouts.

Topanga rolls her eyes, "and Auggie is going to be the ring bearer."

They are interrupted by a knock on the door. Topanga gets up to answer it.

"Where's Auggie?"

"Ava... Always a pleasure," Topanga sarcastically states.

By then Ava was already in the living room.

"Auggie is in his room," Cory answers her question.

"What are all of you guys doing out here?" The young girl asks out of curiosity.

Topanga shakes her head to try to tell the others not to answer her question.

Katy doesn't see Topanga, so she says, "we're planning mine and Shawn's wedding."

"I don't who that is and I don't know who you are, but I'm the flower girl," Ava declares.

"Ava, you can't just say that you are the flower girl," Topanga objects.

"Well I just did, Topanga. Pay attention."

"She's sassy, yet cute... I like her," Shawn exclaims.

"Yeah, I think she would make a great flower girl," Katy says.

"The people have decided, Topanga," Ava claims. "I'm the flower girl."

The girl turns towards Shawn, "who are you?"

Shawn stretches out his hand, "the name's Shawn Hunter."

The girl grabs his hand and shakes it, "Ava Melanie Ruth Esther Morgenstern."

"Nice to meet you, Ava."

"If you haven't heard, I'm going to be the flower girl at your wedding."

"I've heard," Shawn assures her.

"Okay... Well bye," Ava says, as she marches off to Auggie's room.

"Well she was something," Katy remarks.

"You don't even know," Topanga replies as she take her seat again.

"So, Maya there is one more thing I wanted to talk to you about," Katy says.

"Yeah?" Maya responds.

"Actually, Topanga, could you tell her?" Katy asks.

"Of course," she responds. "Now Maya, Katy has chosen to takes Shawn's last name when they get married. However, you are old enough to choose whether or not you want to change your last name as well. You could keep it Hart or you could change it to Hunter or you could even hyphenate the two if you wanted to."

"I hadn't really thought about it," Maya says.

"You don't have to choose right now, or even before the wedding, but it is something you should start to think about."

Maya simply nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry for such a long chapter, that I don't think was overly exciting. This was meant mainly to progress the story closer to the wedding. There will be a few chapters before the wedding, but I really need Shawn and Katy to get married soon for future chapters...
Anyways, like always I hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 11.6K 42
Riley starts having feelings for her best friend, Maya. How are you suppose to tell your best friend that you are in love with them. How will Riley...
2.8K 100 10
only fools fell for maya hart. was riley matthews any different? a story where the rebellious golden haired goddess found herself getting close...
149K 5.9K 83
(Rilaya fanfic) Riley and Maya have been the bestest friends for as long as they could remember. But does anyone even know the story of their friends...
46.9K 1.2K 19
Riley, Maya, and the rest of their friend group are finishing their sophomore year of high school together. An overnight history field trip seems sim...