Nothing Lasts Forever

By RockofAges

Two years have gone by, life was going great for the couple until something happened that no one could of pre... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen (Short)
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Finale

Chapter Twenty-Seven

8.9K 497 215
By RockofAges

K A S H M E R E

I never thought that I would be here. It was Saturday night I was getting ready to go on a date but not with just any old body, Mace. He reached out to me the other day and said that he heard that me and August were over and done for good. He then asked if he could take me out this weekend and after I played around telling him that I didn't want to rush anything he promised that he wouldn't and still insisted on taking me out which I agreed to.

I didn't know what to expect when he asked me out but that morning I got a knock on my door and it was a delivery man with a few packages. Inside the biggest box was a cream colored cocktail dress by Carolina Herrera that cost three thousand dollars, the only reason I knew that was because I looked it up. Not to mention included in the gifts were a pair of shoes that went perfect with the dress and last but not least a necklace that almost blinded me when I opened the box. Along with everything was a hand written note from him telling me that he wanted me to wear the outfit on our outing tonight and that he looked forward to seeing me.

I knew that Mace had no problem throwing money around so I didn't feel to bad knowing that he spent all this money on me because he owed me. August knew about our date but I didn't tell him about the gifts but I knew that he would have eyes on me the whole time. I just knew that I was going to hear it when he saw how I was dressed.

To my surprise everything fit perfectly from the shoes to the dress and at seven o'clock there was a knock on the door and I wasn't surprised by how punctual he was. I opened the door and he was all smiles, he was dressed in a suit and he was looking good. With the way he was dressed and I was dressed you would of thought we were going to the Oscars or something.

"You look...exquisite."

"Exquisite?"

"Why do you look like that?"

"Its just that, I don't think anyone's ever told me that I look exquisite before. Thank you for the gifts."

"Money well spent. You ready?"

"Yes."

I locked up and he took my hand and we got in the elevator and walked outside the front of the building to where two black trucks were parked. There was a guard I assume standing in front of the first truck and when we approached he opened up the back door for us and I smiled at him and thanked him before getting in.

After I was in he closed the door and I took the time to look around. We were in a truck but there was a partition separating us so I couldn't see who was driving or even look out the front window to see where we were going.

The other door opened and Mace got in and was he was in and settled the truck started moving. In the car we made small talk about work. We drove for longer than I expected but when he stopped and the door opened for me and I got out I honestly didn't recognize where we were or the restaurant we were in front of.

Mace joined me and took my hand in his and we walked in the restaurant and after he talked with the hostess the first thing I noticed was the restaurant was empty. The hostess led through the back and out a side door and onto an outside patio there was lit up not only by the moonlight but by lights.

Once the hostess left and told us that the waiter would be out shortly Mace pulled out my chair and I sat down.

"You rented out the whole restaurant?"

"Yep," he unbuttoned his suit jacket before sitting down in the seat across from me.

"I didn't even know you could do something like that unless you were famous."

"Or rich. You'd be surprised what you can do if you have the funds to do it."

I didn't know if he was just trying to show out or he just wanted to be alone with me or both but the thing I was betting on was being surrounded by other patrons.

I didn't get a chance to respond because the waitress walked out and we looked over our menus and ordered. Mace ordered there best champagne which was 800 dollars a bottle and I knew this guy had to have plenty money to blow.

During dinner I was as nice as possible and every so often I didn't miss that he was flirting with me but I acted like I didn't notice. We talked about family but it wasn't long before August's name was brought up. He wanted more details about our breakup and I told him the story that me and August had rehearsed. I acted as if I didn't want to talk about it and soon enough he let it go.

After dinner it was his idea to take a walk around in the park adjacent to the restaurant. The street lamps lit up the park nicely and it was kind of romantic but he wasn't who I wanted to be holding hands with and walking next to. We weren't the only one

We came across a fountain and took a seat on the bench that overlooked the fountain and we sat in silence for a while before he started to speak.

"It's peaceful out here."

"It is," I agreed facing forward.

"I love the city but I was thinking about building a house down south somewhere. Move down there when I'm ready to settle down."

"Settle down, as in get married?"

He looked at me, "I was talking about my lifestyle but yes I would love to settle down even me but I don't think I've met the right women for me."

"So you telling me that all the women you've come across, none of them came close?"

He looked at me and shrugged, "Maybe so but then again I never gave any women the chance."

"I get it," I nodded, :He was a ladies man and at forty he was still living like a bachelor and women of all ages loved him it seemed.

"You do?"

"Yes I mean have you seen the type of women that come to your parties?"

"Your right," he chuckled.

"I mean I'm sure you've come across a lot of nice women but no real women is going to let you have your cake and eat it to. Your parties can get a little crazy."

"Just a little?"

"A lot crazy," I corrected myself.

"Well what would I have to do to impress a women like yourself for example."

I felt bad that I was giving him false hope because despite what he thought he had no chance in hell with me and honestly with the way August talked about him I knew that if it was up to him then Mace's days were numbered.

"First off parties have to stop. As a matter of fact you need to sell your playground."

"My playground?"

"Your mansion. There is no telling all the crazy things that have went down in that house and therefore it needs to go."

He looked like just the thought was painful and that's when I shook my head, maybe some people just didn't want to settle down. I know I had to be nice but honestly I wanted him to know that he could never get with a real women like me.

"Let's be real. I'm nothing like your used to. I've seen the women you parade around. All of this is nice but the money, the jewelry it's nice but it doesn't impress me. It doesn't impress any real women."

I came off a little bitchy but instead of him taking offense to what I said he simply smiled before chuckling, "You've always been feisty, honestly it's one of the things I love about you."

I didn't mean to but I couldn't help but frown my face up at the word love.

"Most females already know who I am so all I have to do is look at them and I got them in the palm of my hand but you, your different....your special."

"Well maybe it's because I know my worth, I've already dated the arrogant player type and I can tell you that no real women is going to put up with that forever."

He nodded his head like he was thinking about what I just said.

"When you met August he was just like me but he was a boy, still is but I'm a man, a real man and when I see something I want I not only go after but I make sure that I treat it well. You deserve the best and that's why I'm offering you, that's what I want to give you."

He had leaned in and placed his hands on my face and I knew what was coming and my heart was beating not only because I was nervous but all I could think about was August.

"I know we agreed to move slow but-"

Instead of finishing what he had to say he kissed me and it wasn't a soft peck like the first time, it was a real kiss and when I realized he had no plans to pull away I remembered I had a role to play and no matter how hard it was for me I kissed him back. It was only for a second before I pulled away from him.

"I'm sorry if I moved to fast."

"It's fine," I assured him hoping that August wouldn't have a cow over this but knowing him he probably would.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing," I lied.

"Let me guess...August."

I looked at him and didn't know whether to tell him yes or or just say no.

"It's just that I can't help but wonder what he's going to say about this, what if he finds out."

He nodded his head like he understood my fears, "I understand and we both know how much that boy cares about you but what I do know is that as long as your with me the last person you have to worry about is August and pretty soon he will be the least of anyone's worries."

-

Today was family day, Kaliyah had been begging for us all to go out and spend time as a family and so today we granted her wish. The night before I called Mace to tell him of my plans so he wouldn't be blindsided and get the wrong idea.

After a day of shopping and exploring downtown we ended the night with dinner. Me and August had to stay in character sometimes. We couldn't be making heart eyes at each other because you never know who could be watching and I didn't realize how hard it was.

During dinner I got a text from none other than Mace, it was a short text telling me that he missed me.

"Who is that," August asked me like I knew that he would. Instead of telling him I let him see for himself by sliding my phone in his direction. When he read the text he scrunched up his face and rolled his eyes hard as hell before handing the phone back over to me.

"You jealous," I asked him to see what he was thinking.

"Nah, why would I be," he squeezed my upper thigh and I squirmed in my seat and pushed his hand away. I texted Mace back the same and put my phone away. During dinner Kaliyah talked our ears off about all the fun she had today and as soon as we got in the car we were barely out of the parking lot before she was dosing off. We still about an hour drive back to my place so I sat back in my seat and got comfortable.

In the car we talked about nothing in particular and when we got back into the city he turned down the radio some.

"So are you going to tell me whats wrong with you," he asked and all I could do was stare at him.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been quiet all night, too quiet. I know you and I know when something is on your mind so let it out."

I just stared at him for a little while longer before sighing and facing forward trying to figure out how to say what I was about to say.

"Well I don't know if it means anything-it just might be a false alarm but I'm late."

"Your late?"

"Yes like my period."

"When's the last time you had it?"

"About two months ago...," I trailed off and he should have been looking at the road but he was to busy looking at me after I told him that. Instead of keeping on to my apartment he made a turn and soon we ended up in a plaza parking lot and put the car in park.

"You need anything out of here?"

"Umm...no."

With that he got out the car and I watched him go while shaking my head wondering what was so important he had to get all of a sudden but then again I had a feeling. Pregnancy tests. Just a few months I lost a baby and now we might have been having a new one. Even though I didn't want to get my hopes up I smiled as I looked back at Kaliyah knowing that her little brother or sister could soon be on the way. I was excited I knew that all of this had to be over so that we could finally live in peace.

I saw movement out the corner of my eye and watch a car with no lights on park close to the front of the store. A little while later a guy got out and walked into the store and I laid back in my seat with my hand on my stomach thinking and flipped through radio stations and waited for him to come out.

A few minutes later and he still wasn't out. It was late at night so it's not like the store was crowded. I pulled out my phone called him to see what was taking so long but I got no answer. I glanced back at Kaliyah and she was still sound asleep. I cracked all the windows and took the cars out of the ignition because I didn't trust it. I debated on whether I should take my purse and decided it couldn't hurt.

Glancing back at Kaliyah once more I got out of the car and pressed the lock button before tossing the keys into my purse and quickly making my way into the store. Once I was inside I didn't see anyone but I thought I could hear whimpering or crying. Before I could tell where it was coming from I heard other voices.

"Shut up bitch," someone yelled viciously and the crying and whimpering stopped.

"It took a long time to catch up to you and imagine my luck when I rode past and seen your truck. I was having a fucked up day but now shit is looking up," the unfamiliar voice went on and I crept closer so I could get a better look trying my best to be careful. My eyes widened when I saw the guy that came in a little while ago holding a gun to the back of August's head.

I couldn't see August's face but I became terrified almost instantly. I was frozen in fear for a while but I knew that I had to do something. I reached down in my purse as quietly as possible and pulled out my gun as the guy patted down August.

"Where yo' gun at, I know you got to have a gun on you."

"I left it in the car," August told him and as if the guy didn't believe him he patted him down but came up empty. I reached down in my purse as quietly as possible and pulled out my gun as the guy patted down August.

August told me that he didn't want me carrying it around but he better be glad I didn't listen to him.

"So I caught you slipping," the guy chuckled, "Even better."

I watched as the guy pulled out August's wallet and then flipped through it. He pulled out some bills and counted it off pocketed the cash.

"You won't need this."

I lowered my purse slowly to the ground and as quietly took the safety off the gun. I silently crept closer and the guy was running his mouth so he wasn't paying attention to anything going on around him. I crept close enough while the guy was still going through his wallet. He still had his gun jammed in August's back and I didn't want to take the risk of shooting him just for him to shoot August but I didn't want to miss my opportunity either.

He finished going through the wallet and tossed it to the side.

"Any last words," he asked August.

"Fuck you," August cursed and the guy laughed. I crept up closer to him knowing it was now or never. I grabbed a bottle of lotion off the shelf and aimed it on the opposite side of the store and threw it. Just like I wanted the guy whirled around pointing his gun in that direction and I quickly aimed for his head and pulled the trigger.

POW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 58 38
Some surprises can change your life forever. That's what happened to Chey and Hannah
10.7K 454 36
This is my version of events that happened to Massimo and Laura two years after Laura dies.
1.1M 46.8K 18
Sequel to His Hostage It's been two years since Belinda last seen August at her house when he confessed his love. August is trying to cope with deal...
280K 12.4K 69
Hana Uzumaki's life was normal, at least she thought it was. She learns soon enough that her life wasn't what she thought it would be, while also lea...