His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
Girl Or Boy? [23]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

Love And Heartbreak [18]

16.5K 632 134
By Lixxyy19

Meredith

Eliot stares at me nervously, his whole body tense and rigid. I stare back speechless and wide eyed. We're mates. Not friends. Soul mates. Those stories my mum would tell me before bed were real. People really did have soul mates. As I go over every story she had ever told me in my mind, a few words stand out. 

Protective

Instant Attraction

Caring

From the moment I met Eliot, he's protected me with little actions as well as more extreme ones and they were all to do with Jack. He's always been kind and caring towards me and from the very first moment I met his piercing blue eyes in the hallway, I've been attracted towards him. In a strange way, it all fits together. 

"Say something before I go insane." Eliot whispers in a strained voice.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I don't know what to say. All I know is that it still won't change anything. Well actually everything will change between him and I but the decision I've made about living with the fact that they're all werewolves isn't changing. 

"Meri."

Eliot reaches out a hand and gently takes hold on mine. My eyes drift down to our joined hands as warmth spreads over my skin at his touch and I squeeze his hand in reassurance.

"I've always wanted a soul mate." I finally murmur, lifting my eyes to meet his surprised ones.

"What?"

"I used to believe my parents were soul mates. Their love was so pure and real. I want that kind of love." 

"It doesn't bother you?" He asks hesitantly. I shake my head instantly.

"No. It might take some time for me to get used to the idea of actually being destined to love a werewolf but I think I can deal with that."

He lets out a relieved breath, a small smile overtaking his lips. I can't help it as I return his smile. Having a werewolf mate might not be so bad.

[18 weeks pregnant]

It's been just over a week since I found out about werewolves and being Eliot's mate. I admit it's been hard to digest all the information that Eliot, Chase and Emily have been teaching me about werewolves. It's surreal that this stuff actually exists but I'm slowly adjusting to it. 

I haven't heard from or seen Jack since that night he appeared here drunk and ranting. It's relieving to not have him constantly on my back but it also puts me a little on edge. I want to clear the air with him. I want him to understand that he can't control me anymore and that if he wants anything to do with his child then he has to let me go. He can't be turning up at Eliot's house drunk and demanding me to come home. He can't be threatening me about the baby. It's not acceptable and I won't have it anymore. 

So today I'm making the decision to go and see him. Of course, I know it won't be that easy with the protective werewolves that I temporarily live with.

"WHAT?!"

"NO FUCKING WAY!"

"ARE YOU INSANE MER?"

These are the things that are shouted back at me as I stand in front of three very angry werewolves after asking to go and see Jack. I can't help my natural reflex to roll my eyes. Eliot narrows his eyes at me growling slightly. Emily mutters something incoherently under her breath as she paces around the living room while Chase stares at me from the sofa like I'm crazy.

"I just want to have a civilised conversation with him. We haven't heard from him in over a week so he's probably calmed down now and sobered up. Plus, one of you will be there with me. What could possibly happen?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe he'll attack you again or refuse to let you leave. He doesn't want a civilised conversation with you Meri, he wants you to do what he says. He wants to control you and you're letting him by going back there." Eliot rants while frustratingly running his hands through his messy hair. 

I try not to roll my eyes again as I know he's just worried about me. He did beat Jack half to death after he attacked me so I can understand his concern. It isn't needed though because Eliot can come with me and make sure none of this happens.

"Then come with me. I know you won't let any of that happen."

"I'm coming too." Chase cuts in before Eliot can say anything.

"This is ridiculous." Emily voices from her position behind me.

"Oh for heaven's sake, I'm going whether you come or not. It's not that big of a deal." I grab a set of car keys and walk out of the room. 

I'm not even at the front door before Eliot is next to me snatching the keys from my hand. I smile as he storms past me.

"I'm driving." Is all he grunts before getting into the car. Chase and I follow behind him and soon we're driving back to my house. 

The feeling that settles in my stomach as we pull into the familiar driveway isn't a good one. My hands get clammy and my heart picks up speed as I stare at the house in front of me. Eliot shuts off the engine and turns to face me.

"Are you sure about this? I will turn back now if you want me to."

"No, I'm fine. I have to do this." 

Without waiting for his objections, I get out of the car and begin walking slowly up to the front door. I vaguely hear the closing of car doors as I gently knock on the door. In case you're wondering why I'm knocking on my own door, I left my key in the house when Chase and Eliot took me away from here. It was honestly the last thing on my mind. 

My heart pounds against my chest as I wait for him to answer the door. When he does, I take a step back at the fierce glare he aims at me.

"Running home to me already? That didn't take you long."

Eliot places a steady hand on my back urging me forward. Chase scoffs from next to me and I look to him as he crosses his arms over his chest intimidatingly. The sight of an intimidating giant Chase standing next to petite me is amusing. If he wasn't on my side then I would be scared.

"I came here to talk."

"With your two bodyguards?"

"I don't trust you. Can we come in?"

Jack says nothing but walks back into the house leaving the door open for us. I step into the house with Eliot and Chase following close behind. I'm barely in the living room when I stop in my tracks gasping at the sight before me. My living room is smashed to pieces! It's completely destroyed.

"What did you do to my house!?" I cry at Jack as I take in the state of the room.

The sofas are overturned, the pictures of my family that once hung on the walls proudly are on the floor and smashed, glass litters the carpeted floor from the smashed coffee table and flat screen TV. I stare with my mouth agape like a fish at the destruction of my belongings. 

"It's not your house." Jack grumbles as he swipes a glass of whisky from the mantle. 

That seems to be the last straw for me as my control snaps. 

"I came here to sort things with you! After everything you've done to me, I still come here to try and sort things so that you have a chance to know your child but all you do is give me reasons not to bother."

Jack glares at me over his glass and without thinking about it, I storm up to him and snatch the glass from his hand before throwing it against the wall. The house is destroyed anyway.

"Will you listen to me for once?! All I've ever done is do as you tell me and that ends now. You can't control me anymore. I'm not a fifteen-year-old girl with a broken heart that you can manipulate anymore." 

Jack's eyes glow dangerously. But it doesn't stop me.

"This is my damn house that my parents left to me! I don't give a flying fuck who you've sold it to or who's name it's in. This is my house and you've destroyed everything I own! Everything I have left of my parents."

"Your parents died in a car accident years ago Meredith. When are you going to get the fuck over it?! It's just a house, it means nothing!" Jack spits at me viciously. 

I grit my teeth as the anger builds up inside me. I take a step towards him but Eliot pulls me back harshly and stands in front of me.

"A car accident." Eliot scoffs. "You're still telling her that story, Jack?"

I frown at Eliot's back. What is he going on about?

"Eliot." Chase intervenes in a warning tone. 

"This has nothing to do with you Eliot." Jack growls in reply.

"It's Alpha Hunt to you."

"What do you mean?" I ask nudging him in the back.

"Eliot, not now." 

"Did you ever wonder why no one knew you lived here with Jack?" Eliot asks without looking at me. He keeps his eyes trained on Jack.

"Um, I guess so. But I've never really put much thought into it. I just thought it was because I didn't really get out of the house much."

It's true. Since my parents died, I never went out. I finished school online because I was too distraught to go back to school and I only had a year left. Once I started to deal with my grief, Jack was the one keeping inside the house. He never liked me going outside, especially without him. As I told Emily before, Jack's always been possessive of me.

"People knew your parents Meri, they knew you and yet I had never heard of you until I met you. I started doing a little research and there was a lot of suspicion on your parents' death but nothing could ever be proved."

I swallow harshly at the anxiety that bubbles in the pit of my stomach. 

"What is he talking about?" I ask Chase. He's standing next to me looking very apprehensive about what's happening right now.

"Eliot, I know you're angry at Jack for what he's done to her but don't do this. She doesn't deserve to be put through any more pain." 

"She has to know Chase. They were her parents. You didn't see how broken she was at the cemetery." I wince at him calling me broken. I guess it's true but it still hurts to hear it from him.

"Will you just tell me what the hell you're all talking about?!" I shout at them.

"He killed your parents Meri. Jack killed them."

[ OH-MY-GOD! Did anyone see that coming?? Vote and comment, let me know what you think :) I would also like to apologise for having you all wait ages for updates. I promise to try harder to update frequently from now on. Enjoy! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 113 19
Being in love with Felix Valentine felt impossible, he was an alpha and I was a vampire. But according to my parents, anything was possible. So when...
128K 3.6K 20
Alesha, a young 15 year old girl with black hair with a hint of blue color to it and blue eyes has just moved to a new town. Dallas is alpha male of...
903 84 7
He's just an Omega. Well he was just the second child, only boy, of the last Alpha Basilisk that lived. His father insisted on him having an arranged...
2.1M 45.9K 29
"You know the stories about the alpha who rejected his mate, but she's pregnant? Yeah, I'm the daughter in one of those stories. My mom found my dad...