unsaid things ⇝ dan howell [b...

By RachieRocks

IN THE PROCESS OF EDITING [Book One] "i never thought it would be you who saved me." More

DISCLAIMER!
In The Very Beginning...
I'm Sorry
Meeting Everyone
Getting Ready And Dinner
Surprises
School
You & I
Hospital
Going Home
Kissing Casualty
Confusion
Back To Square One
Going Out
Thinking Back
Just Doesn't Feel Right
24 Days
Christmas Tree
Underneath the Mistletoe?
It's Christmas!
Dinner (23)
HAPPY NEW YEAR (24)
A Wish Come True (25)
Filling Out A Form (26)
Starting A New (27)
It's like a fairytale (28)
Take a Chance (29)
Plans For A Future (30)
Drama Llamas (31)
Meeting the Parents (32)
Movie Night (33)
Love You (34)
The Trail (35)
I Will Always Love You (36)
Suspicions (37)
Pregnant (38)
Not So Perfect (39)
It's Better Off This Way (40)
Boy or Girl? (41)
Leather is Better? (43)
Funeral (44)
Muse (45)
Even More Arguments (46)
Shock, Horror. (47)
Over Again (48)
Waking Up (49)
Finally Getting Somewhere (50)
Emotional Moments (51)
Mistake. Big Big Mistake. (52)
Confused! (53)
Deciding on a name (54)
~Finale~ (55)
Sequel?
Q&A!!!
Q&A RESPONSE AND ANNOUNCEMENT

A Good Talk (42)

4.8K 160 113
By RachieRocks

Dan's POV

"It's a girl," Nurse Swainston informed Scarlett and I. Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. It suddenly hit me like a ton of brick, everything hit me. I was actually going to be a dad. It would be my responsibility to bring up my baby girl respectively. I couldn't smile, I was frowning but I didn't know why. Why was I frowning? I was more than over joyed, this whole situation was brilliant. "Mr Howell, are you alright there? Would you like a drink?" Nurse Swainston asked me and I opened my mouth. My lips could not form a decent reply. I couldn't say a word. Not a single syllable. Nothing.

"Dan, are you positive you're okay?" Scarlett asked me, taking my hand and squeezing it. I turned to face Scarlett.

"I guess it was now that it had only just sunk in, you know?" I gulped. I began to wobble so I reluctantly took a seat in the navy blue chair. The nurse walked over to the sink and took a plastic cup before filling it up with water and handing it back over to me.

"This is all incredibly normal," Nurse Swainston reassured me, "You must drink and go home. Make sure you get a lot of rest and that should help."

Scarlett stood up and walked to the nurse. She shook her hand and thanked her before taking her denim jacket and walking out the door without me. I was still sitting there in that navy blue chair. "Mr Howell, I'm afraid you'll have to leave. I have a few more patients to treat, but if you ever wish to talk." Nurse Swainston smiled, taking my hand and pulling me up on to my feet.

"Yes, I would really like to talk about this situation." I told Nurse Swainston rather formally.

"Come over at around six, got it? I usually finish my shift then but I would quite happily answer your questions." She replied.

"Thank you, Nurse Swainston." I grinned at her, shaking her hand.

"Please, call me Joan." She smiled back at me. "Now hurry, you must leave." She shooed me out. I caught up with Scarlett back at Phil's.

"Congratulations guys!" Summer shrieked, enveloping both into a strong hug. "Scarlett told us, you're having a girl. Aw, that's so cute."

"I never imagined my best mate having a kid," Phil smiled, "but erm, Dan, your mum called..."

"She did?" I asked Phil and judging from his expression it didn't look like good news. 

"Yeah, while you were at the hospital. She wants you to phone her, like now." Phil looked down, passing me the house phone. I quickly dialed my mums number and waited for her to pick up.

"Daniel, is that you my dear?" My mum asked. Her voice was shaking and sounded worried.

"Yeah mum, it's me. What's up?" I asked her.

"I have never been so disappointed in you in my entire life. Daniel. You're twenty years old and you get a seventeen year old pregnant! Unbelievable... at least she's your girlfriend..."

Oh. So I didn't tell my mother Scarlett and I broke up. Um... "Mum, aren't you happy for me? You're going to be a grandmother!" Before she could reply I made the conversation shorter because I didn't want to be trapped in the awkwardness when she questioned me about my current relationship status with Scarlett. No, that wouldn't be good."Look, I have to go now. Bye!"

I sighed and put the phone back on the electronic stand that it came on. I told the internet the gender of the baby we were having. I calmed all the fuss down with my parents. I made Summer a cup of tea. I took of my shoes and for once in a while, I had time to relax.

There was nothing that much on my mind. Scarlett and I seemed to be friends, which was a good thing I suppose. I know my baby would probably prefer growing up with a married family but at the moment we can't help that.

I guess my child growing up without a family is all my fault. If Scarlett and I's relationship had worked out in the past with no arguments, no surprise we'd be happy together right now. Or even married. This was the second best thing, though. And I was happy the ways things were at the moment. Besides, what's a relationship without arguments?

I told Scarlett about what my mum was saying about me being a dad, and her opinions on marrige out of wedlock. There wasn't much Scarlett could say. At lease her parents were happy with the situation. Well maybe happy wasn't the correct term, they wern't exactly pleased

Scarlett and I headed back out to the hospital, on the way to collect some formula for when the baby is born. It was exactly six o'clock sharp when we arrived, which was odd because I was never on time, like ever.

We checked in from the reception and walked over to the room Scarlett got her check up earlier that day. I knocked on the door.

"Oh hello Mr Howell, Miss Evans, nice to see you again." She gave us a small wave and let us in the room. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is just fine," Scarlett smiled. "Dan told me he booked us a question and answering thing about the baby?"

"Ah yes. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I should be able to answer both of them as honest as possible as I have three children."

"Okay, well em, what does child birth feel like. And contractions... do they hurt?" Scarlett asked nervously.

"Yes, it really does!" Joan laughed and Scarlett's eyes widened.

"Oh, what does it, erm, feel like?"

"Pushing a water melon out your lady part..." Joan said without thinking.

"That's virtually impossible!" Scarlett gasped. "I don't want to..."

"No, you do want this. When I was giving birth for the first time, it hurt a lot more than my second and third child. But all I kept thinking was, 'I am strong. I can do this. This pain is only temporary and very soon I will be holding a baby. My baby.', and trust me it works." Joan told Scarlett.

"Great, I will definitely try that!" I laughed sarcastically but Scar didn't seem interested.

We continued talking for a few hours, apparently you can eat the placenta, though I'm not quite sure I'll be trying that...

As soon as we got home Summer came rushing up to me, dashes of sweat beamed ac cross her forehead. "The funeral is tomorrow." She panted, gasping for air.

"Wait, what funeral?" Scarlett asked.

"Taylor Tomlinson's. Dan- Dan - Dan -" Summer repeated. She looked like she was about to faint.

"What is wrong Sums?" I asked her, holding my arm up against her back for some support.

"Adrian Howell is your brother, right?" She gasped for air as Scarlett made her a drink.

"Yeah, why?"

"Adrian and Taylor's sister... they, they are kinda like a em.. thing."

Scarlett's head jolted towards Summer and I, she dropped the glass of water on the floor, causing it to spill and smash.

"A- a- thing?" I stuttered.

"Adrian called and told me everything. He was hoping you could make it to the funeral."

"Are you going to go?" Scarlett asked me.

"I think so. I need to talk some sense into my brother." I replied.

"What about you?" She asked Summer.

"Well, Taylor did used to be my roommate..." Summer said slowly.

"Great, well I guess I will just have to go." Scarlett muttered and walked off somewhere.

So my brother was dating my phsyco ex girlfriend's sister. Great. Just great.

I googled a lot about child birth while writing this chapter. Now I know some stuff I better off not be knowing. Ew.

Ta ta,

R x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12M 630K 194
[completed] philly: who's this? danhowell: your future husband ; copyright © 2016 //highest ranking: #4
1.9K 44 15
I love you so much. WARNING: SMUT
549K 20.6K 136
How a single signature changed a life. *SEQUEL OUT NOW* DISCLAIMER: When I wrote this both Dan and Phil weren't out! 🏳️‍🌈
2.7K 239 17
Phil is a YouTuber. Dan is a normal guy. High school has brought them together and apart. This is a story about the awkwardness of crushes, YouTube...