A Different Kind of Different...

By ashcabaello

"A person can emit a colorful energy but their own souls can just be black and white." ↠ How can one person... More

Warnings & Other Stuff ↠ A Different Kind of Different
1 ↠ Figuring her out is like figuring out the Da Vinci code.
2 ↠ Don't try too hard until you get yourself hurt in the process.
3 ↠ To be happy, sorrow will need to stop by and say hi.
4 ↠ Amazing how you take my breath away.
5 ↠ She's a lost girl that doesn't want to be found.
6 ↠ I'm here and I'll be your friend.
7 ↠ How can 2 people be so oblivious at the same time?
8 ↠ Yes.
9 ↠ Why are those eyes so familiar?
10 ↠ She is and will always be, my home.
11 ↠ Hang tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
12 ↠ Some things are just better left unsaid.
14 ↠ Close To You.
15 ↠ New Girl In Town.
16 ↠ I trust her.
17 ↠ You before me.
18 ↠ Hospital Catastrophe Part I.
19 ↠ Hospital Catastrophe Part II.
20 ↠ Being a hero has its price.
21 ↠ It's you and me against the world.
22 ↠ Do that again and I'll kick your ass.
23 ↠ What the hell was that about?
ADKOD notes ↠ A bit of changes.
24 ↠ Wow.
The Perfect Recipe - Lauren/You
25 ↠ Happy Halloween, Cabello.
26 ↠ Who the hell goes camping anymore?
27 ↠ Every love quote reminds me of you.
28 ↠ Camping : Sleeping beauty & road trips.
29 ↠ Camping : Proposals & long talks.
30 ↠ Camping : Shared tents & morning activities.
Disparity | Camila/You
31 ↠ Camping : First dates & sudden surprises.
32 ↠ Not all heroes have happy endings.
33 ↠ The savior needs to be saved too.
34 ↠ We could be stars.
35 ↠ Good together.
epilogue

13 ↠ What the hell are you doing here?

7K 283 141
By ashcabaello

A/N I recommend playing the song at a certain part. I'll put an indication where to start. Sorry in advance. ❤️

Camila's P.O.V

After being dragged out by my best friends to somewhere, we were currently in Lauren's car and on the way to God knows where.

She wouldn't tell me where exactly were we going except for the fact that I was gonna really, really like it. Honestly, I better like it because I'm currently squeezed between Dinah and Normani who are arguing about who's gonna go as Beyonce for the Halloween bazaar while the passenger seat next to Lauren is taken by a freaking basket full of food because Lauren doesn't want to get distracted while driving and to her, we're all too distractive.

"I should go as Beyonce because my hair's already blonde!" Dinah argued, earning a 'WTF' look from Normani herself as she continued, "Plus, you already went as Beyonce last year!"

Normani rolled her eyes as she said, "Dinah, I'm literally helping you save money here," Normani said with a smirk, earning a confused look from the Polynesian girl herself as she continued, "You won't have to spend any money for the Beyonce look if I went as her instead; I can re-use what I wore last year!" Normani pointed out confidently, earning an eye roll from the Polynesian girl.

"I ain't backing down just yet, Mani," Dinah warned before she locked eyes with me, making me widen my eyes as I was quite nervous with the girl's intense stare, "Are you still going as Harry Potter with Y/N?"

Lauren snorted softly, making me look at her before she laughed as we locked eyes through the rearview mirror before she asked, "You guys are twinning on Halloween?"

I shook my head and said, "Not anymore," I said, earning expecting looks from all my best friends as I continued saying, "I told her that Dinah thought that the costume was too short and she got jealous so she said we're not going as Harry Potter." I said nonchalantly, earning confused looks from both Dinah and Lauren.

"Why would she get jealous?" Normani asked as I turned my head to look her instantly, only to be met with a very a confused expression from her.

I shrugged and said, "She said that she doesn't want the boys and men to look at me like a piece of meat-"

"Awwww," Lauren interrupted, cooing as she placed a hand on her heart as the other hand was still on the steering wheel before she said, "She's jealous because she's protective of you." Lauren said dreamily.

I looked at her with amusement, as did Dinah and Normani before Dinah spoke up and said, "Uh, Lauren?" Dinah asked, making the green eyed girl glance at her expectedly before she continued, "You know she's dating Camila, right?" Dinah jested, earning a chuckle from Normani but a playful glare from myself.

Lauren playfully rolled her eyes before looking back at the road as she said, "God Dinah, it's always twisting words with you," Lauren chuckled out before she glanced at me through the rearview mirror and added, "Oh Camz! You guys could go as Troy and Gabriella! It'd be perfect cause she's literally the team captain of the basketball team and you're....you?" Lauren ended the sentence with a slight doubt and chuckled nervously.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her as I crossed my arms and said, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Wouldn't it be awkward considering Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens broke up?" Normani pointed out with a raised eyebrows.

Before I could ask Lauren anything about her previous statement, the car came to a halt and my eyes were quickly covered with a bandana as I said, "What the hell?!" I exasperated, trying to get the bandana off my eyes but it was actually pulled tighter before I shouted, "If you're planning to make me blind by a fucking bandana, it's working!" I yelled out before my mouth got covered by a hand.

"Damn Ralph," Dinah breathed out, making me find out it was her hand that was covering my mouth and probably Normani covering my eyes as she continued saying, "You couldn't get another bandana just to keep her mouth shut?"

Lauren groaned and now I felt someone tying my wrist together from the front seat, honestly making me feel like I'm gonna die any moment as the green eyed girl said, "This was lately planned; I didn't even know where to go until that idiot Mendes sent me a text last night!" Shawn? What does he have to do with anything?

As the girls did their best in keeping my mouth shut, I could hear one of the car doors opening and slammed shut. Before I knew it, I was slowly dragged out of the car and I carefully landed my feet on a very grassy surface?

"You know guys, if you guys kill me tonight, my mom will hunt you down," I said with my voice slightly raised once Dinah's hand uncovered my mouth, annoyed by the fact that they dragged me to God knows where and covered every sense I had on my face before I added, "Y/N will hunt you down-"

"Cami?"

Oh my god.

"Y/N?" I asked softly before trying to get the bandana off my eyes but failed as my wrist were still tied together.

I heard Y/N groaning, probably tied down herself as she yelled out, "Shawn, get these damn tape off my wrist!" What the fuck did the girls and Shawn plan for tonight? "And take this sleeping mask off of me!"

"Girls, I could say the same thing!" I yelled out, still struggling to make my wrists go free.

I could hear someone huff as they said, "No wonder they're so perfect for each other; they're loud and annoying," Someone mumbled softly and it was so soft that I couldn't figure out who it was before they added, "Can't we just take these damn things off of them before they start screaming and make us look bad?" The person whined.

"I second that." I yelled out, trying my best to get whoever's attention.

I can hear Lauren sigh beside me before she said, "On a count of three, take the blindfolds and the wrist tape off."

As they softly counted to three, I finally squeezed my eyes shut momentarily as the blind folds are taken off of me before opening my eyes and realizing that we're in a park; full of people who are lying down on the grass.

"Why are we at a park?" I mumbled to myself before looking around and locking eyes with my favorite pair of eyes.

Y/N looked at me with the most confused expression but softened it as her lips formed a small smile before she said, "No wonder they kidnapped you," Y/N said softly, making me furrow my eyebrows but an amused smile formed on my lips before she added, "You still look the cutest even when you're being kidnapped."

I blushed and bit my bottom lip but before I could even say anything, someone spoke up and said, "At least now we know which couple dies first during an apocalypse." Dinah jested, making both Y/N and I snap our heads at the Polynesian girl and giving her a playful glare as she raise her hands in defense.

I could see both Shawn and Ally cutting the tape from Y/N's wrist as Lauren and Normani did mine. As soon as they were off, I felt a pair of strong arms engulf me in a tight hug and as creepy as it sounds, I knew it was Y/N so I instinctively wrapped my arms around her waist and rested the side of my face against her chest.

"Dinah's right you know," I mumbled against her chest, making the team captain pull away slightly and look at me with a confused expressions before I quickly added, "We are definitely gonna be the first couple to die in an apocalypse." I chuckled out, making Y/N laugh lightly in response.

Y/N placed a chaste kiss on my forehead before cupping both sides of my face and saying, "I'll make sure that won't happen to the both of us," Y/N softly with a warm smile before she looked up and looked at Shawn, who was standing with the girls, instinctively making me turn around to face them as she wraps her arms around me and said, "Can anyone tell us what the hell is going on?"

I looked at the group and each one of them shrugged before glancing at one another. I furrowed my brows in confusion as no one spoke up yet so I said, "No one can tell us why we're here on a Saturday evening? Really?"

Ally sighed while running her fingers through her hair before she said, "We thought it'd be nice to reunite you guys after a few days of missing each other," Ally revealed nonchalantly before quickly adding, "Plus Y/N kept whining like a baby, I needed to stop her." She chuckled out.

We all laughed lightly at Ally's statement before the team captain spoke up and said, "Why kidnap us though? You could've just told us."

"Because Camz said that she wanted you to recover first," Lauren said, making all of us look at her expectedly before she added, "Unless you haven't noticed, she doesn't change her mind that easily." Lauren teased.

I playfully glared at Lauren while mindlessly fiddling with Y/N's fingers as I said, "I still don't understand why you'd cover our eyes with blindfolds and tie our wrists together when you could've just surprised us normally?"

Dinah scoffed playfully while waving at me dismissively as she said, "What's the fun in that?"

"And how is kidnapping fun for us, Dinah?" The team captain chuckled out, resting her chin on the top of my head in the process.

"You've said it before, Y/N," Shawn said simply with a smirk forming on his lips before he quickly added, "Your definition of fun is whenever you're with Camila."

I blushed at Shawn's statement before turning my head around slightly and locking eyes with the team captain who had an awkward but adorably smile on her face as I said, "You said that?"

Y/N chuckled lightly and nervously before nodding her head as a response but before she could even say anything, one of my best friends spoke up and said, "Ew, we're at a park guys," Dinah jested, covering her eyes playfully with her hands as she quickly added, "Kids like Sofi's age could be watching, Walz."

As Dinah said that, I playfully rolled my eyes before saying, "Then you shouldn't have brought us here then," I said while laughing lightly. However, it must've meant something else to them as the girls and Shawn had a complete surprised look on their faces. It was as if I had said something dirty. I furrowed my brows in confusion before asking, "What the hell is it now?"

"Did you just imply that you and Y/N are gonna do something that's over PG-13?" Normani asked in disbelief as the others looked at me expectedly.

I widen my eyes in surprise as I shook my head vigorously before saying, "Oh my God, Normani Kordei Hamilton!" I whisper yelled, crossing my arms in the process, "How can you say something like that?!"

Normani raised her hands in defense while I could hear the others giggling as she said, "Hey, you were the one implying things; I'm just reassuring what you said." Normani defended herself while chuckling lightly.

The others, including Y/N herself, laughed lightly at mine and Normani's interaction before the team captain spoke up and said, "In all seriousness though, where are we? And why is there so many people?"

"We're at the star gazing night I was talking about earlier," Ally said with a smile before adding, "I thought you and Camila deserved a night of peace after having so much chaos in your lives."

Lauren walked up to us and turned the both of us around, facing the direction where everyone was lying down before pushing us forward while saying, "With that being said, you guys should go and have a good time together," Lauren said while still pushing us forward, making the others laugh lightly at her actions before she added, "Remember, there are kids at this park tonight." Lauren chuckled out.

I playfully rolled my eyes before intertwining my right hand with Y/N's left as we walked with no certain direction; we just walked. Y/N turned her head slightly and yelled out, "See you guys later!"

Y/N turned her head back towards the front and glanced at me with a warm smile before I said, "You do realize that they kidnapped us tonight, right?" I chuckled out as I pulled her closer to me.

Y/N just grinned like an idiot before nodding and saying, "Yeah but I get to finally see you." Y/N said softly while pulling the hand I was holding away and wrapping an arm around my shoulder instead.

"I missed you so, so much," I said while wrapping both my arms around her waist as the team captain just giggled as I continued saying, "How'd you get your mom to say yes to this?"

Y/N shrugged and said, "Shawn and Ally probably asked her before entering my room; I was already blindfolded by the time we ended that Skype call," Y/N laughed out before pulling me closer and placing a kiss on the top of my head as she said, "And I missed you so much more." Y/N said softly, making me look up to her as she looked at me with the warmest and adorable smile.

I hummed in content before saying, "How's Meredith and baby Lucas by the way?" I asked with a small but warm smile as I continued saying, "It's been a while since I've seen them."

"They're good," Y/N revealed proudly before adding, "Meredith blew up a bit after knowing what happened a few days ago but she's calmed down," As Y/N said that, I immediately frowned as the thought of the incident crossed my mind. My body stiffened and I think Y/N noticed it because the next thing she said was, "Babe, are you okay?" Y/N asked softly as she stopped walking and turned my body to face her completely.

A/N Play song here. Sorry again. Repeat the song again if need be.

Y/N cupped my cheeks as she slowly caressed them while I placed my hands on her hips before I said, "I still can't believe that happened to you," I said softly and sadly, earning a frown from the taller girl before I quickly continued saying, "I felt like I could've done something to stop this-"

"You couldn't, Camila," Y/N interrupted as her frown was still apparent on her lips before she said, "Even after Rayyan filing a report on him, he's still out there; probably trying to figure a way to see my mother again." She said softly as both pads of her thumbs were caressing my cheek.

I sighed heavily before saying, "Then how are you so calm when the guy who hurt you is still out there?" I pointed out softly but sadly at the same time.

Y/N chuckled sadly before kissing the tip of my nose, probably the cutest thing she's done tonight- Karla! I swear to God, concentrate! "Because right now, I am enjoying my time with you," Y/N said softly as a sad smile was still apparent on her lips before she said, "Nothing's going to happen to me; I promise."

The moment Y/N said that, I just gave her a sad smile before nodding lightly as a response. I didn't know what to feel to be honest. I was scared but at the same time, very protective. The fact that he's still out there after doing what he did annoys and irritates me.

Y/N and her whole family has to live with the memory of that guy and he's just out there, not getting the treatment he deserves.

"Promise me another thing though?" I asked softly as Y/N kept looking straight into my eyes.

"Anything."

I took a deep breath before saying, "Don't run away from me."

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before asking, "What do you mean by that?"

"If you're going through something, anything at all, tell me and I'll be there for you. Just - don't run away from me." I said sternly but softly.

"Camila, of course I'll tell you." Y/N said confidently but she immediately frowned when she noticed that I still had a frown on my lips.

I shook my head and sighed heavily before asking, "Were you gonna tell me what happened if Lauren hadn't told me?" I asked, making the team captain speechless as she dropped her hand from my cheeks and looked at me with an unreadable expression. At least I got my answer. I crossed my arms and asked, "How do you think I would feel if I woke up the next day and found out that you got hit by your mother's ex boyfriend?"

"Babe, I'm fine-"

"No, you're not!" I said, my voice slightly raised and making the team captain look at me with surprise as I quickly added, "Stop saying you're fine when I know you're not!" I pointed out, before taking a deep breath to calm myself down and saying, "This is what I mean by stop running away from me; stop running away from the pain you're going through! Stop lying to yourself that you're happy when you're obviously not!"

Y/N just looked at me with furrowed brows before shaking her head slightly, glancing at her feet as she looked up again and said, "Why are you doing this?" She asked above whisper but the pain in her voice very evident.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" I asked softly but sadly, my heart hurting at the sight of the taller girl before I added, "What benefit do you get from lying to yourself, Y/N?"

Y/N took a deep breath before putting her hands on her hips and saying, "If I acted the way that I feel, you would not be attracted to me right now, Camila." Y/N revealed sadly.

"So you've been lying to me this whole time?" I asked, my voice cracking in the end. I could feel tears stinging in the corner of my eyes before I said, "This whole time, I thought that you've finally opened up to me-"

"I am opening up to you, Camila!" Y/N said, her voice slightly raised and I widen my eyes in response as the last time I saw her this frustrated was in the music room. "I can't tell you some things because I don't want to drag-"

"We're dating, Y/N!" I exasperated, letting my emotions take over me as I quickly added, "You already dragged me into this the moment you asked me out, actually I was already dragged in for the past 4 years! What's the point of stopping now?!" As I said that, I noticed that a few people were already looking at the both of us so I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

Y/N sighed before putting her arms down in defeat as she said, "If I dragged you in any further, he's gonna find out about you and hurt you," Y/N said softly and her voice cracking through out the entire sentence as she walked closer to me before saying, "And I will not let that happen under my watch," Y/N said above whisper before she cupped my both sides of my head and saying, "I am not gonna be able to forgive myself if something were to happen to you; don't you get that? You're such a big part of my life and I cannot be more grateful that you're there for me regardless of how messed up my life is - but some things can be avoided and you getting hurt is one of them." Y/N said in one breath and at this point, my tears were already staining my cheeks which she wiped away with her thumbs.

"And I'm not gonna be able to live with myself if something were to happen to you," I sobbed out, holding onto Y/N's forearms as if I was scared to let her go before I added, "You're so scared of hurting me that you don't even realize that you're already hurting me by not letting me in completely!" I rasped out, my voice strained from all the arguing before.

This was one of the things I was scared of; unintentional heartbreak - and it's happening right in front of my eyes.

Y/N took a deep breath and released a shaky one before placing her forehead against mine, a tear going down her cheeks as she said, "I'm not good for you," Y/N rasped out before she added, "You need someone who's better than me; and I'm not that person."

I pulled away and my heart was already in pain as she said that sentence. I looked at her with furrowed brows as my lips went slightly agape as I rasped out, "If you're trying to say what I'm thinking you're trying to say, just stop," I sobbed out, my tears were now flowing down my cheeks as the team captain looked at me with glossy eyes and her lips were formed into a frown before I added, "You are not allowed to do that to me, Y/N!" I said, my voice raised as the team captain tried to come close to me but I backed away even more, making the team captain frown even more as I continued saying, "Just because you think you're not good enough for me, doesn't necessarily mean it's true!"

"Camila, you just said that I was hurting you!" Y/N exasperated, her tears flowing down more now as she added, "Something like that is clearly not good for your mental health!"

"And you think breaking up with me is?!" I yelled out, flailing my arms in the process before I said, "Or are your feelings for me a lie too?" I asked, my voice cracking through out the sentence.

Y/N shook her head in disagreement before walking up to me and cupping my cheeks once again as she sternly said, "My feelings for you are 100% real and that just makes things so much more complicated," Y/N said in between sobs before she said, "Do you know how hard is this for me? Do you know how much my heart is breaking doing this to you?"

"Then don't do it," I said above whisper, my cheeks still staining with tears as I quickly added, "Please don't do it."

Y/N sighed heavily before pulling me in for a hug, instinctively making me wrap my arms around her waist for dear life as she said, "Even if I had to, I don't think I can."

There we stood, crying softly in each other's arms. I didn't want to move and I didn't want to let her go. I knew that if I had let her go, I would never get her back because she was trying to protect me.

I could feel a few pairs of eyes on us but at this moment, I don't care because all I cared about was making Y/N stay with me, even though she was trying her best to push me away.

"Please don't let me go," I cried into her chest, my own chest heaving at the amount of crying I was doing before I said, "Don't push me away," I mumbled against her chest before I pulled away slightly to look at the team captain who had tear stained cheeks herself as I said, "You promised that you wouldn't run away from me, Y/N."

Y/N wiped my tears away with the sleeves of her sweater before she said, "Even if I ran away, you'll be the person I'll be running right back to," Y/N said softly as her tears were still flowing down her cheeks, making me wipe them away with the pads of my thumbs before she said, "Camila, you're my home now and that's never gonna change."

I was about to say something but a voice interrupted us as it said, "Well, well, well," The voice slurred, clearly belonging to a drunk man before he said, "What are the chances?"

Y/N's whole body stiffened and her eyes widened in surprise as she slowly turned around, blocking my view of the man. I could hear her gulp in nervousness as she hissed, "What the hell are you doing here?"

————————————————————
A/N I'm sorry.

Till next time! -Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 7K 36
Grounders and Arkadians are warring clans living in the same vicinity. What happens when Clarke, a young prisoner is sent to Trigeda to kill the riv...
2K 149 28
A story where a little girl wakes up in the middle of nowhere and slowly starts to remember parts of her past...
354K 16 1
Say you ain't in it for the spotlight, Girl Say you don't wanna be a star "Can you handle all this fame?" "Do you like how I look or just how I look...
14.1K 325 32
Just what was Wukong doing? Why did he go into hiding for all those years? Secrets told, and accidents made.