⟠ The Best Of Me ⟠ killugon (...

By CrazyFanfictionTeen

❝Wouldn't it be the perfect crime? If I stole your heart, and you stole mine?❞ β—Œ π’žπ“‡π’Άπ“π“ŽπΉπ’Άπ“ƒπ’»π’Ύπ’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œ... More

Like a firefly
Welcome To Whale Island!
Where danger lies dormant
What are you hiding?
When the realisation hits
Finding out the truth.
That girl again?
Crush?

An unforgettable betrayal

271 14 37
By CrazyFanfictionTeen

A/N: whyyyyy hello guys! I thought I would be nice and update this early so yeahhhhhhh.. Enjoy!

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

While I run after Gon, I notice something flash past the corner of my eye. It was too fast to catch but so easy to spot, if it was trying to be quick and sneaky then it has a bad way of trying to hide itself.

I have a bad feeling about this.

When we arrive at the town, everything seemed very... Normal. Nobody looked suspicious in anyway. People were casually just walking around (some with families and some on their own) like nothing. Fisherman sat on stools drinking beer and laughing together in the pub, girls around our age were giggling together while looking at me and Gon (don't know why tho) and children were running around with a ball playing some random game.

It was just like any other day for them. The town was packed and lively as ever, it was hard to tell where to find the danger at all. Suddenly, Gon bolted to the left, speeding down an ally way and leaping up on top of the roof.

And of course... I follow him. I stood on the roof, behind him. I watch him closely, trying to make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid. (Like running straight into the danger and blowing himself up or something...) He stands up straight and closes his eyes.

What the heck is he doing?

He wrinkles his nose a little and breathes in deeply. After several seconds, he breathes out and opens his eyes, glaring to the left of him.

"Over there!" He shouts and goes to springs forward, but, I grab his shoulder before he can do anything so reckless.

"What are you doing Killua?! People are gonna die! Let me go!"

He wriggles in my grasp and tries to remove my hand from his shoulder but I'm not having it. He hasn't thought this through properly, he can't just leap in knowing fully well that it might be a bomb down there, ready to explode if anyone figures out where it's hiding.

"Just calm down first, Gon! we need a plan."

I grip harder on his shoulder to make sure he wasn't going anywhere until I let go.

"But we've got to stop it! If we don't then... It will blow up and kill everyone. I can't stand by and plan a strategy when it can happen any minuet, we've got to do something!" He lowers his head and clenches his fists with his back to me.

He's got a point there. If this really is a bomb, who knows when it's truly going to go off...

I spin him round and make him look at me, I grip both hands on his shoulders and look right into his eyes.

"Yeah maybe you're right, but, I also can't stand by and watch you recklessly jump to the rescue and get yourself killed! At least... At least let me come with you and help you. I mean, we're friends right?" I frown at him once again.

He suddenly relaxed and smiles at me with a glint of determination swirling around those big brown eyes of his.

"Yeah! You're right!" He nods at me.

I release my hands and place them on my hips, "Okay, good. So listen up, here's what we are gonna do..."

———

After I told Gon the plan, he nods in agreement to it but I still have a feeling that he won't follow the plan completely and would want to do this all his way, as always.

As we both part ways, I search around the areas where anyone suspicious looking would be hiding but unfortunately I couldn't find a soul, everyone was just acting too God damn normal. Meanwhile, Gon tries to clear the town out and discreetly warns people that there's danger near by that will be deadly to everyone here. Once the town was almost completely empty, me and Gon met up again to deal with this lethal bomb that's apparently under the bar down in the cellar, amongst all the rum and beer. We hide behind a wall near to the pub, ready to sneak in.

"So, are you sure it's in there?" I turn to Gon, feeling a little anxious.

"Yep! Defiantly!" He nods at me as i look to the ground.

Okay, that's good then. All that's left to do was to try and get in and out of there as quickly as possible. I go to turn to Gon but he's only gone and done a vanishing act on me and tried to enter on his own account.

Oh for fuck sake! Are you kidding me?! Again?!

Cursing to myself, I run in the pub after him. As i enter, there was no one here, it was completely empty. The only thing that i did notice though, was the cellar door that happened to be wide open. I sigh to myself because i know that gon is in there, possibly trying to recklessly detonate the bomb.

I jump down into a small box room that was lowly lit with median sized candles placed on tall brick stands. I look around me and all i saw were over 20 big barrels of rum piled on top of each other and countless of boxes, possibly containing food. I could tell straight away that the bomb must be hidden within one of these items.

Since the room was so small, there was only one exit and one exit only. To my surprise Gon wasn't in here at all... but i was so sure that Gon would be the first one to enter since he was so desperate to save everyone in the village, yet where was he...?

...unless...

It's a trap!!

As soon as i tried to jump up, some hench bald man with a blonde... woman? Slammed it shut and sent me flying back down to the ground.

"A- ah! Hey! Let go of me! Tell me what you've done with killua!!!"

I heard gon yell from the other side of the cellar, that's when i knew he was in big trouble and needed my help. I try kicking, punching and hitting my way out but for some reason the hatch wouldn't move an inch.

I try shouting to gon but it was no use, i couldn't do anything. The only thing i could do was to listen to their plans, plan out my possible strategies and wait for the right time to take action. Same as always I guess. I slide down to the ground and lean against a barrel.

Wait just a little bit longer, gon.

Second person P.O.V

"What have you done with my best friend huh?! I know you have him so tell me where he is!!" Gon yells again, squirming in the mans strong grip around his arms.

"How impatient. You really haven't changed one bit have you, gon" a voice that sounded a lot like a woman arrived into the room.

Killua knows for sure that, that voice came from that blondy that shut him in here, it looked like a woman but the more he pictures it the more he knew that it's indeed a man. His scarlet red eyes that pierced down at him like flames, small petite body and blonde jaw-length hair, he looked dangerous yet his eyes told killua a different story. He has suffered from a great loss in his life and his eyes seemed to have not evil but that glint of vengeance. Vengeance for what? Or maybe who exactly? Killua wanted to know the truth.

"T- That voice..." gon quivered.

As soon as that familiar face appared in front of gon, he froze in place. Eyes wide with shoke at the person who is supposed to be his friend, the person who he had history with, the one he met 3 years ago when he was 10, the one who travelled with him and helped him look for something very important that gon's still in search for to this day. The one that was known to be so outgoing, kind hearted and smart.

"K- Kurapika..."

Killua stops drawing his plan out in the ground with this stick he found and frowns at this unknown name. Kurapika? Who's that?? Killua thought, wondering if he was a childhood friend of gon's. Instantly, killua raised his head to the sound of gon's voice once again.

"B- But why...? I thought that you- I thought-"

"You thought that I went back home to where my family was? Well turns out that by the time I got back to my village from whale island, the whole kurta clan got wipped out. Yes that's right, they were brutally killed and all of their eyes were perminantly stollen. I searched for any survivors that day and not a single person was left alive." kurapikas cold eyes and solid voice echoes within gon's mind, as he nods to the man who was tightly holding Gon.

The man releases Gon, letting him slump to the ground in disbelief. Tears started to form in the coners of his eyes, as he slowly looks up at his friend. The shock was unreal for the tanned boy, he really couldn't believe that Kurapika's whole entire family, friends and even villagers were all dead.

"B- But who would do something so horrible?" A single tear rolled down the tanned boys face, as he sits there feeling hopeless.

"The spiders that's who. Shortly after, i found a note attached to one of the villagers slumped on the floor. When i found out who did it, i set off to find them and kill them all. I then found this group of people who were willing to help me achieve my revenge and i will not rest until every. Single. One. Of them vile beings are dead" kurapikas eyes blaze with that scarlet red colour with his hard expression and gritted teeth, this makes gon feel even more uneasy.

"I... I'm sorry, kurapika. I didn't kn-"

"Spare me your sympathy gon" kurapika rolls his eyes and turns his back to gon.

Gon frowns at kurapika's coldness towards him, gradually clenching his jaw with frustration, "why are you doing this? I thought we were friends!"

Kurapika whips his head round and looks straight at gon, his eyes return back to grey orbs for a split second, like he was back to his normal self just for one single moment, right before he blinks them back to their usual scarlet colour.

"Kasper, take gon to the main base, you know where it is. Do whatever you like to him, torture him till you see fit but I want him alive got it! Now go." kurapika sits on one of the nearest stools and leans his elbows upon the wooden surface.

"This isn't you Kurapika and you know it! The Kurapika that I knew was kind, loyal to his friends, smart, very respectful towards others and would never even dream of taking someone else's life!!" Gon wiggles once again as Kasper (one of the bandits) has trouble trying to drag him away.

"Well Gon..." Kurapika turns to him with a calm yet empty expression on his face, "The Kurapika you once knew is long gone now"

Gon didn't know what to say. This person that he used to call his friend was no longer the same kind hearted and selfless guy he used to know. Gon felt absolutely betrayed. This was the first time in his 13 years on this planet that he's ever been betrayed by someone who he fault could never betray him, would this happen with Killua as well one day? Will he betray him too? The young tanned boy was crushed by his thoughts alone, all he could think of was how much this betrayal hurt him and how much he wish he could hug someone right now. He didn't care who but he needed a hug, only to feel that pain fade away for just a moment.

In that split second, the door to the cellar, flew off it's hinges and hit some random guy. It sent the him flying across the room at a rapid speed, he was a bandit so he was bound to get hurt either way. Everyone froze, their eyes were on the entrance way to the cellar, wondering what's going to happen next. To there surprise a boy with white fluffy hair and piecing blue eyes, lifts himself out from the hole he created.

Gon's gasps and his eyes suddenly lite up, "Killua!" he shouts.

Killua stood up and dusted off his clothes, when he looks up to see that Gon was unharmed, he mentally sighs with relief and gives Gon a quick smile. Kurapika rises from his seat with outrage. He glares at the white haired kid pacifically since he's just ruined everything.

"Now then..." Killua slowly turns his head until his gaze finally lands on Kurapika, "What shall I do with you?" he said with a playful smirk and eyes glaring daggers at him.

Give him death. Give them all death. Killua thought to him self over and over again, like he had no control over his mind at all.

As Killua lunges forward, without hesitation, he rips out 10 of the bandits hearts in a blink of an eye. Leaving Kurapika for last, Killua wanted to interrogate him first, he wanted to find out as much information as he could before he left. Gon was instantly released from the mans grip and drops to the ground in disbelief. All the bodies then fell to the ground at the same time, creating a loud thud sound- followed by silence.

"So tell me, how are you gonna get revenge now? If all your buds are dead?" Killua smirks, as he perches himself on the counter, casually crossing his leg over the other and leans back on his his hands- only being a couple of feet way from the troubled blonde boy.

"H-How did you do that? How did you kill them instantly?" Kurapika voice was quite shaken up but he did manage to keep his composer still in check.

"Okay, let's get one thing straight- One: I'm the one asking the questions, Two: don't ask questions-you wont get the answers to and Three: you better start talking or I will lose my shit any minuet now, got it? good." Killua gives him a quick and annoyed smile before glaring at him, tapping his finger with impatience.

When Kurapika doesn't say anything, Killua grows tired of waiting and jumps off the counter, "if you're not gonna say anything then fine. Let's go Gon." He walks towards the exit, stepping over some of the bodies on the ground and out the door.

As soon as Killua vanishes from the room, Gon decides to get up and run after him.

"Gon, wait!" Kurapika shouts out.

Gon stops in his tracks. With his back to him, he sighs a little and turns his face to the side with a slight smile.

"Say... If you never changed, maybe all three of us can look for Mito's cure together... it could've been nice, you know?" he laughs a little, before letting the room fall to silence again, "I'm sorry for your clan and I.. hope you gain your vengeance for your people, goodbye for now, Kurapika."

And with that, Gon left.

A/N: Gomen for the cliffhanger guys! And yes-yes-yes, I know what y'all thinking, "why kurapika?! He's nothing like this, he wouldn't do anything like this to his friends" well before you judge, I just wanted to create a twist okay! Something to surprise you and besides... pain changes people, sometimes for the worst or for the best. (In Kurapika's situation, it was for the worst)

Chapter 5 coming in 3 days!

~Stay Hunterlicious!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 84 13
π™Ίπš’πš•πš•πšžπšŠ 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πšŠπšπš˜πš™πšπšŽπš πš‹πš’ π™Ίπšžπš›πšŠπš™πš’πš”πšŠ πš πš‘πš˜ πš πš˜πš›πš”πšŽπš πšπš˜πš› πšπš‘πšŽ πšˆπ™½π™Ώπ™³ (πšˆπš˜πš›πš” πš—πšŽπš  πš™πš˜πš•πš’πšŒπšŽ πšπšŽπš™πš.) πšŠπš—πš οΏ½...
57K 1.9K 15
COMPLETED. Killua Zoldyck, a very famous model everyone is talking about. Gon Freecss, a normal university boy who know's nothing about the model Kil...
124K 4.9K 22
It's been a little while since the group separated, but all that changes when Kurapika needs help with the Phantom Troupe once again. The original fo...
56.4K 2.7K 30
All my life I had never really experienced any hardships. Most people would say that I had the perfect life. That wasn't that far off from the truth...