Edge of Reasons.

By VainAndInsane

(Earlier know as- Love Has a price!) ''Try not to fall for me.'' Ian smirked at me,his trademark smirk, ''I... More

chapter-1.
chapter-2.
chapter-3.
chapter-4.
chapter-5.
chapter-6.
chapter-7.
chapter-8.
chapter-9.
chapter-10.
Chapter-11.
chapter-12.
chapter-13.
chapter-14.
chapter-15.
chapter-16.
chapter-17.
chapter-18.
Chapter-19.
Chapter-20.
Chapter-21.
Chapter-22.
Chapter-22 (part two)
Chapter-23.
Chapter-24.
Chapter-25.
Chapter-27.
Chapter-28.
Chapter-29.
Chapter-30
Chapter-31.
Chapter-32.
Chapter-33.
Chapter-34.
Chapter-35.
Chapter-36.
Chapter-37.
Chapter-38.
Chapter-39.
Epilogue
Valentine's Day Special

Chapter-26.

1K 10 3
By VainAndInsane

------------------------------------------------Song- Wish you were here (Pink floyd)--------------------------

*Betrayal hurts* 

'Tell me again, why are we watching this?'' 

''So that you scream in horror and hold me tight. I'll be your knight in shining armour.'' 

''Gimme a break! Its just a movie.'' 

''We'll see.'' 

And that was the cue for the trailers to end and for the movie to begin, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. I am not a big fan of horror films so, I hadn't yet seen this movie but honestly, I wasn't looking forward to it, I get shit scared, once I saw grudge I couldn't look at the walls for a straight month and that's also where my terror from the clown came from. This time though, the movie seemed to be undeniably scary but I was more calmer, more in control of myself. Probably, it was because Ben was around. 

As soon as the creaking of the door of the big mansion was on the screen rather unexpected happened, Ben clung to my hands with tight grip, I chuckled at his reaction. 

''Its just a movie Ben.'' I muttered sarcastically, while patting Ben's hand which was on my right arm. 

Ben's eyes were glued to the screen as he replied back, grudgingly, ''I know.'' 

I silently laughed at this. Wasn't he suppose to take care of me while I would scream?! It looked like we had a total role reversal, to my surprise I found it really adorable. 

The girl opened the old, dusty washroom and I wondered why the hell couldn't she just pee outside, no need to open the stupid door and scare the audience! 

And as expected as she opened up the door, the scarce lights flickered and Ben hands on me tightened as I looked at the screen with anticipation.There were careful footsteps and then ear-deafening piercing scream, they still hadn't shown the ghost dammit! Nonetheless, it had scared the shit out of people who were gasping at the screen wide-eyes, including my boyfriend.

 After a while, they finally showed the ghost! It was the scariest ever! I mean only after The Ring ghost, he so rocked the movie! I could feel Ben get agitated and terrified. Poor guy! I leaned towards him in a comforting gesture as he wrapped his another hand around my waist in a suggestive manner. His pervert self is always alert! No matter what happens! I caved my desires in and looked at Ben once whose eyes were as big as a squirel's. Ben reminds me of a squirrel! 

''I will be your knight in shining armour Ben.'' I silently laughed as I felt his heart pound against my back.

He didn't reply but started tickling me gently, maybe checking if I was ticklish or not. And by his very movement of hands on my stomach, I burst out laughing. Only Ben could hold me down on my seat otherwise I would be rolling on the floor right this very moment. 

Here I was laughing on one of the scariest scenes I had ever encountered, and people were giving me look which was quite readable, they were debating whether to send me off to an asylum. 

''I am..so..sorr..'' I laughed as the lady sitting, two seats next to me eyed me, like I was vomit. She kept on staring at me without any reply to my sincere apology! 

I turned back at Ben to glare, his hands were still on my stomach but he had no movement of digging his hands in my stomach and tickling me, ''You are so dead Ben!'' 

He nuzzled his head into my shoulder and whispered, ''I think I am already in heaven.'' And tickled me once more, though this time the sound which came out of my mouth was more like a childish giggle! Ugh! Why am I being such a kid?! 

Soon after the hysterical laughing session I realized that the movie had no interval and I was growing really hungry now even though we had lunch an hour back. 

How can that be possible?

Nothing is impossible! 

Your passing Advanced Calculus is. 

Screw you! 

''No interval in this movie?'' I asked Ben to confirm my doubts. 

He looked at me with an amused expression before turning back to the screen which held no interest for me, ''No, Doll face. We are already through with the movie.'' He chuckled.

''We are?'' My thoughts echoed. Ben nodded at me with a smirk on his face, and I could make out from his expression that the boy had some mischief up his sleeve. 

To clear my suspicion, he leaned forward on his chair and slightly moved the black T-shirt to reveal my bare shoulder and kissed it, which was still leaning heavily on him. I could feel myself get paralyzed from the shock of his action, before turning towards him with narrowed eyes. 

''What?'' He laughed at my expression and kissed my shoulder one more time, this time letting his soft lips rest on my shoulder for a while. I could feel myself blush with pleasure of his touch. He gently pushed me back on my seat, ''You are not interested in the movie right?'' His gaze held mine. I shook my head and his lips crashed to mine with mild aggressiveness. Dammit! I was so getting addicted to his minty breath! 

To say the least, we could not watch the movie after that, rather we could not keep our hands off each other. If you ask me how the movie ended and how it was, I would not be able to tell you. It seemed like I was hallucinating the whole time. 

''How can you still be hungry?'' Ben gave me a look of disbelieve. We were strolling through the mall when I had rest my case to Ben and instead earned such a amused reply from him. 

I blushed under his amused gaze, embarrassed to answer him, ''Leave it. Let's go home.'' I murmured. 

He ruffled my hair gently before pulling me to himself, ''Your wish, my command.'' He whispered, tugging me forwards easily. He is so cheesy at times!

I laughed, we would be looking so funny right now! A guy passing us gave us ridiculous look while pulling coffee from his straw proved my assumption correct. Correction. We were looking funny right now! 

''No Ben, its okay really.'' I tried to say it with a solemn expression. 

He gave me a side glance, ''You sure?'' 

I nodded, he looked at me intently before giving me a dazzling smile.  

We looked around a bit, unlike Ashley I don't like window shopping, I don't enjoy wasting my time looking around the mall unnecessarily but this particular mall, Santa Monica Place, I have always liked it. Ben had grown quite and I wondered if he was checking out the mall, I had not seen a single guy get interested in clothes and stuff but then I noticed his gaze, and it wasn't shocking that they were on girls. Typical Guy! 

''Ben, stop checking out girls!'' I scolded him playfully. He was looking at a strawberry blond who I thought had forgotten that it was cold now! Since she was roaming around in barely there shorts. 

Ben turned towards me smirking, ''Looks like somebody is jealous.'' He teased me, putting an arm around my shoulder. 

I shrugged out of it, ''I am not! But at least you should have the decency to not check out girls when you are with your girlfriend!'' 

''Emily.'' He said and put an arm around me again, this time with a tighter grip, ''I may have eyes for them, '' Ben nodded at the girls, ''But, I have heart only for you.'' He said biting his lips, I knew he was having hard time not laughing. Stupid jerk! 

My nose scrunched up from his words! How can he be so so cheesy! Oh god! 

''Ben.'' I stated as I signalled him to come forward and he instantly came too close for comfort, our nose were almost touching, ''You are freaking unbelievable!'' I shouted in his ear. 

He winced once before laughing at my swelled cheeks and narrowed eyes, ''I know right.'' he moved his hands from my shoulder to my palm and tugged me forward until we were out of the Mall. We had taken some other entrance, it wasn't the main door and I was looking around confused as to what we were doing here. I looked around and noticed we were at the back of the building, and I could here some muffled noises. I remembered this wasn't the place Ben had parked his car. So where we?

''Ben where are we going?'' I asked Ben as he started moving towards the end of the Building. 

Ben looked back at me with a cryptic smile, ''Have a little patience, Doll Face.''I sighed at his back, which was moving gracefully by the side of the building and followed him. 

As he reached the end of the building he took a left which I presumed to be direction of the noise. I followed him, my steps getting wider and faster/ 

As I took the left turn, my clumsy self bumped into someone. Why was I looking at that stupid white pigeon?! And not the way I was walking? I rubbed my head which had hit the hard back of somebody. 

''You are such a scatterbrain!'' Stated the voice, Ben. 

I frowned at him as I moved away from him and took the view into account, I could not help but let my lips pull up on side, it was the Burger King for god's sake! 

''Thank you so much Ben!'' I said to the thoughtful Ben who was looking at me intently. 

He smirked at me, ''You are not hungry right? I came here to feed myself!'' 

''Yeah, sure.'' 

He barked out a laugh at my reply and we went to the Burger King with our hands inter wined. Sometimes, Ben was too good to be true! 

As we went closer I noticed the crowd was mostly my age, it was around four in the evening and so, the place was pretty crowded, we took a seat a bit away from the crowd, near the potted palm tree. 

 ''I am going to take a Whopper with cheese and Pepsi.'' Ben said, browsing through the menu. 

''Nothing else?'' I asked. I had decided not to take anything, I didn't want to look like a eating whore! Which I pretty much looked all the time. I wouldn't die if I eat at home, it was only twenty minutes ride from here, no pressure! 

He smirked at me for some reason, ''Yeah, and medium fries too.'' 

I got up from the seat, ''Okay, I'll get it.'' I said and walked towards the Burger King counter. On the way I noticed some known faces mainly freshman who had finally earned there freedom, our school St.Stephen had a reputation for a quite a studious environment and by seeing these kids, you would totally contradict it. They were acting like bunch of wild animals! Throwing food at each other, calling names and stuff. 

I sighed as I reached the counter, there was a young, cute guy, I think in his early twenties who was waiting to take the order with a polite smile on his face, ''Goodevening, Welcome to the Burger King, what would you like to have?'' 

I smiled at him and read the name tag, Cole Richards, ''Good evening, Cole. I want a Whooper with Cheese, one Pepsi and one medium Fries.'' 

''That will be all?'' He asked after repeating my order once. 

''Yeah.'' I nodded. 

He did some thing with the cashier which I couldn't comprehend, ''It will be $2.31.'' He smiled as I checked through my pockets for money and gave him the money which was in the back pocket. I don't ever carry a wallet, its a pain in the ass! 

''There you go.'' Cole smiled at me, passing me the tray with our food and with the balance money. 

I took the tray, ''Thanks.'' I muttered as I was about to turn Cole replied, ''Do comeback.'' with a wink. I turned back towards the sitting area, without replying. Oh wow! If Ben would have been here, the guy would have dark patch around his eye! 

I was taking the tray to our seat, which was in the farthest corner when I noticed many more people filling in, all teenagers. To my surprise they were all from our school, is it going-to-Burger King-day at St.Stephen? I shrugged as I took the tray to Ben. 

''Did you notice almost all the kids are from our school?'' I asked Ben as I sat down and pushed the plate to Ben. 

He looked around, ''Yeah, now that you tell me, they are basically the soccer crowd and cheerleaders.'' he said and pushed the tray back at me. 

I looked at him confused, ''Its for you Ben.'' 

''No, Doll Face. It's for for you.'' He nodded at the tray, ''I ordered all that for you.'' He smiled and I gaped at him. Is this guy for real?! 

''Why are you so unbelievably good?'' I asked as I unwrapped the burger. Who would like the Burger to go waste? Definitely not me. 

He smirked at me, ''It's just me.'' He answered laughing. His thoughtful nature would take a while to get used to. 

As I noticed that they crowd was as Ben mentioned, our soccer team, it came to me, ''Didn't you have a soccer practice today?'' I asked Ben. 

''Yes.'' He nodded and took a fry, I waited for him to elaborate, ''And?'' I pressed when he didn't say anything else. 

''I didn't go.'' he answered with a shrug. 

''Why?'' I asked again. 

''Because, I am already so much better than them, that I don't need to practice.'' He ran a hand through his hair. 

I took a sip from the coke, ''Cocky much?'' I asked. 

Ben chuckled, ''No, no.'' He laughed, 'Well, that reminds me Will you come to the game this Friday?'' 

I gulped, ''I can't.'' 

Now it was his turn to ask me, ''Why?'' 

''I don't like soccer.'' I answered in a small voice, ''You don't?'' Ben asked me, the fries in his hand fell back on the tray, he was so shocked. I shook my head. I don't get soccer, I don't like soccer and when you get hit with the ball twice, you don't even want to know! I kinda started fearing soccer.

''No.'' I answered, chewing. 

He studied me for a long time and I tried not to get conscious, ''Will you come for me?'' He asked.  

I groaned, ''I'll see.'' He smiled at me the dazzling smile of his. Maybe, his smile was worth going to the game, I would have to ask Ashley if she was going. Unlike me, she understood the game and enjoyed it too. In my defense, she wasn't the one who suffered with mild concussion twice! After that we had a lomg conversation on the movie, the game, which he tried to explain to me and everything else. 

After I was done I took the empty tray to keep it in the tray basket. It was located near the opposite end to where we were sitting, ''I'll be back.'' I said to Ben once before going towards the dustbin.

On the way I met a few of the soccer team guys who greeted me as 'Ben's girl.' it was annoying yet sweet. I wondered why Ian and Bryan were not around since almost the whole team was there as I dumped the tray in the basket, the rest of the thought was put to rest when I saw Ian and Bryan, they were farther away from the Burger king, huddled in a group near the another end of the mall building. I was about to go back to Ben when I heard them laughing and smoke like stuff coming out from the group. Were they smoking? Was the first thought that came to me, I shrugged it off, they wouldn't it was Mall's property, it would be illegal. But, then I heard someone cough and I swear it was definitely smoke coming out this time! 

I stalked to them to see if they were really smoking. I was kind of excited to finally see Ian smoking to the point that I could feel something weird going on in my stomach! Seriously, What's wrong with me?!

''Ian?'' I shouted from a distance, what if they were not smoking? I would make a complete fool of myself. I continued moving towards them. 

He looked at me and smiled, then his expression changed to a scowl and he quickly hid his left hand behind his back, clearing my suspicion. 

He got out of the group and so did Bryan, ''Hey Emmy. What are you doing here?'' Ian asked as he approached closer, Bryan smiled at me, his uneasy smile to Ian didn't go unnoticed by me. What the hell was wrong? 

''I am here with Ben.'' I answered, trying to peek through him and see his hand. So, he was smoking? What was the big deal about it? 

Ian's face fell at my words and he looked around the crowd, probably looking for Ben, ''What are you guys doing here?'' 

Ian didn't answer me, he looked hopefully at Bryan to answer my question, ''We are uh, just chilling out you know..after practice.'' Bryan ran a hand through his honey blond hair and avoided my eyes. I was sure something was definitely up with both of them. 

''Okay.'' I said and looked behind me and noticed Ben coming towards us, straightning his Brown shirt. 

Ian must have noticed the same thing because he said, ''We are going to go.'' he muttered. 

''Go where?'' I asked Ian, all of his friends were sitting here, where would he and Bryan go? Ian didn't answer me, probably looking for an excuse or something but before he could say something he was cut out by Ben. 

''Hey guys, didn't know you two would be here too.'' Ben said, as if talking just to Bryan. Bryan smiled at him, discomfort evident in his face. 

''Yeah..'' Was Bryan's intelligent reply. I heard Ian sigh loudly and he took out his left arm which was hidden behind his back in front view, revealing the cigarette stick which was almost finished up.

Ben was glaring at Ian and Ian was glaring back at him.What the hell is happening?! I looked at both of them frustrated. 

''What the hell is wrong?'' I asked Ben, who was still glaring at his brother. 

He didn't look at me, ''Nothing, can I have a word with my brother in private?'' He asked me and Bryan. 

Bryan nodded at Ben but I wasn't going to give in so easily, I was sick of them being so cryptic! ''No, whatever it is, say it in front of everyone.'' I said to Ben in a final tone. His gaze drifted to me and shrugged, ''Okay fine.'' Ben muttered and Ian took a last swig from his cigarette before crushing it by his foot. I couldn't help but stare at him, he looked so damn hot that it was almost surreal. 

Ben turned towards the building and moved to the shaded corner of the mall. I was so sure we were going to have a huge confrontation and the best part was, I didn't even know about what! Bryan kept a hand around me and guided me through the place, Ben stood at the shaded place with his arms folded, Ian followed him with sheer determination on his face. 

''So, what is it Ben?'' Ian asked with a mocking face in place. 

Ben glared at him, ''You are asking me this?'' He looked at Ian, dumbfounded. I still didn't know what were they talking about! 

''Yes, well, I am not going to say it in front of Emily. It would ruin my chances.'' Ian replied back, talking about me as if they were talking about the weather. 

Ben's eyebrow's furrowed in anger, his whole body turned to his right, where Ian was standing, ''It wouldn't. Because you never had any chances to begin with!'' Ben stated harshly. 

''What are you guys talking about?'' I asked, Ian's eyes flickered to mine and then back to Ben, ''Yeah, tell her Ben?'' He laughed bitterly. Both Ian and Ben sounded so dangerously similar, it was scary. 

Ben didn't answer, his eyes were wavering everywhere but at me, ''Ian, don't go there.'' he muttered. 

Ian shrugged, ''I should not go there!'' he shouted angrily. 

''Yes! Because you were the one who started it!'' Ben shouted back at him, Ian flinched from the voice and Bryan rubbed his hands on my shoulder, so he knew why they were fighting. 

''I deserve to know! Tell me!'' I pressed Ben. His eyes finally met mine and stayed like that for a minute, they looked really guilty, sad and some emotions that I couldn't fathom. 

Ben let go off his folded hands, and looked at me with a pleading expression,''Emily..I am really sorry! Maybe I wasn't thinking rationally..I am really very sorry.'' 

''About what Ben?'' I asked, losing my calm. 

''We, I mean me and Ian, we had made a bet...'' His voice sounded like it broke, I still couldn't understand what it was about but somehow, I could relate it to Ian's words when he said 'He was going to win this.' They had made a deal, but about what?

''Spill it.'' I told Ben, really impatient now. If they were so afraid to hurt my feelings, why did they do it to begin with?!

Ben closed his eyes once, taking in a deep breath and blew it out, I was tapping my feet with growing impatience, ''Ian would try to make him like you and you know me too..and for whoever you fall for, you know they get you.'' he gulped at the end. 

Ian moved towards me and I stepped back, ''Don't come near me!'' I screamed at Ian, who instantly stopped on his way, Ben was staring at the floor we were standing on. This was just pushing the limits! What did they think of me? A fucking toy?!

''Bryan?'' I looked at Bryan, who was looking around lost, not knowing what to do. 

He came next to me, ''Yeah?'' 

''Will you please take me home?'' I asked him loud and clear. Bryan didn't answer quickly, he looked at Ian and then at Ben, who nodded at Bryan.

Bryan wrapped a hand around me, ''Okay, let's go.'' And leaded me towards the place he had park the car. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.1K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
71K 2.9K 44
When you've been hurt, it's difficult to learn to love again. When you've felt pain, it's not so easy to be joyful. When your heart has been broken...
22.7K 353 42
It was a rush of hatred mixed with sarcasm that killed her. One bullet to her chest and then another and another, until she slouched her way down to...
1.2M 18.4K 37
Alissa's mother passed away. Her dad, who abused her, was scared off by her older brother. She is starting 11th Grade now after not attending school...