Hook, Line and Sinker (ON HOL...

By sheisamieambers

One awesome summer, one girl, two boys who keep on holding her back. Should she go for the one who makes her... More

Hook, Line and Sinker
1-Just a typical girl with a typical life.
2-Another distraction, a major obssession to be? :">
3-Pizzzaaaaaaaap. ;)
4-Puppy Love! <3
5- Unexpected 'visit'
6- Say What??
7- Player? Bitter? What the hell is going on?!

8- Whose pants are on FIRE? Mine or Yours???

101 2 4
By sheisamieambers

Chapter 8

12:58 pm…

Thank God I arrived two minutes earlier.

It was only a few seconds after I sat down in a corner table of BGB, when I saw Matt entering the shop.

You see, I strategically chose a place where I can see those entering that easily. There were a lot of variations of people entering and exiting those doors, but everything dimmed and turned black and white; because as soon as my eyes notoriously landed on him and all his hot glory, my heart did that flipping thing. Just like when Todd smiles at me...only, this was a bigger and louder thud thud thud which I could feel.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. He was definitely a sex-god.

He looked across the whole place to find me.

Let me just say that there were a LOT of other girls hanging out at the place, and boy did I feel my blood boil as soon as I heard the first giggles which quickly turned into soft purring and mewling. Those skanks! Trying to steal my, my, my.....My WHAT exactly? Ugh. Hello dreamer... There was no way he could really like, like me. Of course, he did not hate me.  He liked me... But not that like. Okay I'm definitely babbling nonsense now. 

OH GOD. I was caught deep in my thoughts; I did not even notice him being that near to me already.

I felt the whole room stop as he walked towards me, with a smile on his face.

There was an annoying buzz in my ears as he came nearer and nearer to the seats and well... to me.

I just sat there, probably with my mouth wide open.

Nice, he’ll definitely want me so bad after seeing me look like that. NOT. 

“Looking hot now aren’t we?” Says the very definition of hotness? I blinked my eyes at him with innocence.

The inner me wanted to protest, I was nowhere near hot, but I let it slide. If he sees me as hot, let him be.

“Thanks, you’re not too shabby yourself.” That earned me a laugh.

I was just hoping he wouldn’t detect the blush my traitorous cheeks were showing. I was almost sure that I look like a very ripe tomato now, ready for harvest, or ketchup, or tomato juice. Whatever. 

“So, lunch huh? I’m so glad you could come, given that my invite was only on short notice.” Oh, don’t worry. I am beyond glad that you asked me to come.

“Yep. Don’t worry a bit. It’s no bother at all. Really.” I tried giving him my most convincing smile.

Oh, it almost slipped my mind! It’s probably a big bother to Todd, and to my conscience, at that.

“So, what do you like to eat? The usual?” The amusement on his face was as obvious as he raised his eyebrows at the menu and looked at me then back at the menu.

“What?” Great. Now only four-letter words could come out of my mouth. Blame that dazzling smile of his. I totally did not expect it.

Oh! And did I mention that when he smiles, my heart skips a beat and I find it hard to force sentences out of my mouth? Oh yeah I think I said something along the lines. So I just nodded. Words were stuck, remember?

“Uh-huh.”

He took that as my answer and called the attention of a waiter.

After he gave our orders, he glanced back at me.

“Listen, I was thinking about us these past few days and I’m kind of hoping that we could sort of date, exclusively.”

Say what? Exclusive-dating, as in, exclusive-dating?? My jaw instantly dropped from my mouth, and down to the floor. No I’m just kidding. But it did drop quickly.

The look on my face might be a bit comical, because he seemed to have read my thoughts. 

“Well, I figured, if you’re not seeing anybody, maybe we could.” I looked at him like a halfwit about to chant something nonsensical.  “Erm… see each other, I mean.” He looked uneasy. “‘Coz I’m single, so it works fine with me.”

I still did not give him an answer.

My tongue did that thing again where it grew ten times its original size, thus, leaving me incapable of speech. It was like a bee stung it whole.

Matt was looking at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. It was obvious since his fingers kept tapping the table anxiously.

“Hmm, so what’s the deal? Can we or can we not?” And then he added, “Coz if we can’t, that’s fine with me. Well, personally, that would suck but probably, I can live with it.” He shrugged his shoulders casually. Like he had no care in the world. Well maybe he did not. Guys like him have girls flaunting posh selves at his majestic feet.

I counted to ten mentally then forced the words out my mouth. Words that I know I was going to regret someday, but for now, I just have to make do with the situation,

“Sure, we can, erm…date. That would work fine for me. But I have one condition, if it’s okay with you?” I looked at him quite expectantly, hoping he would be fine with it

 I might as well secure my interests. And with interests, I mean Todd. Well, I’ve learned a lot of things in the past, and one of those things was not to trust your heart to anyone completely anymore.

Who knew what might happen if word reached him that I’m also seeing Matt? I mean, come on. They’re brothers, they live in a same roof, and then one day, one of them finds out, they’re dating and seeing the same girl? We should probably add kissing in the list.  Need I say more?

He laughed. He laughed at me! Probably that was too immature. To agree to something but ask for another thing in return. Well, like what people say nowadays, nothing’s free anymore. God, how that statement was oh so true.

“Haha. Sure, just as long as I can handle it. Spill.” He kept his eyes trained on my face, probably waiting for me to slip or embarrass myself. Whatever. I am so mean, to keep thinking of him that way, I know he’s not bad. It’s just my mind. Wait. What am I saying???

See? Do you see what he can do to me? I lose my sanity whenever he’s around. No, if anything, he’s nothing but kind. Nothing but the best Samaritan. And he even agreed without knowing what my conditions were yet! See how selfless he is!

You see? When he’s being so kind, it’s really, really hard not to feel guilty.

“Can we keep it in secret? I mean, we can’t tell anyone that we’re seeing each other. We also can’t be seen together in public.” That wasn’t what I had in mind and the words came out wrong. In fact, it was the opposite of what I intended to ask him. Well, there’s nothing I can do anymore, the damage has already been done.

Uh-oh. If I’m not mistaken, that’s the look of someone who clearly doesn’t agree with something someone had just said. I should have shut my mouth. I should have clamped it shut with a clothespin or something.

“What??” He shot me a horrified look. “Is that still considered dating? I mean, how can we be exclusive if we can’t show the world that we are dating?”

 Well touché. This is exactly what I was trying to say! I didn’t mean for those words to come out!

He had me trapped with his words now. There was no way I could change them now. “Uhm, so maybe we can’t date then.”

I couldn’t look him in the eyes anymore so I just stared at the table napkin I have been playing with since like, forever.

I mean, it’s wrong in many levels to see someone and date that someone’s brother right?

And I was almost thinking of agreeing to it. ALMOST. Well it was tempting but really, I had a much better plan. Why did I slip?

Well, I suppose I could agree. And that would be after I stuff my stomach with food.

WAIT. WHAT. Stop thinking about it Kyla! I muttered silently to myself.

With all that guilt washing over my brain, who would have thought I would still be alive? 

Fortunately for me, it was a slow day in the shop, so there were only a few people here. The food came faster than we expected.

Matt was looking at me with a sad expression on his face, clearly annoyed by the fact that I just led him on then stepped out of the offer myself.

You know those moments where the teacher catches you not paying attention so she asks you a question and you don’t know the answer, and then the bell suddenly rings?

Yeah, that’s what I felt right there. Major relief flooded over me because I was saved by the bell. To be accurate, it was food that saved me this time.

The waiter then placed our orders at the table and left us at it. As expected, there was a moment of silence between us before he chose to be the better man and break it. The silence, I mean. And the awkwardness.

“Let’s eat! Come on, why the glum, chum?” I’m so sure he was just trying to lighten the mood between us. But if that was so, why did he look, somehow strange?....

____________________________

A's Journal: 

Thanks for the readers and fans there! :D Kudos! :D You are all awessome. :D

I am dead tired now as I have been awake for 30 hours now. 

Please do drop me your lovely comments and vote if you liked the chapter. :D

-amie ambers. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 13 17
Destiny's alcoholic step father has been abusive to her for quite some time. She's learned to take care of her little sister, and make sure she's saf...
2.8M 27.9K 25
Grace and Kya always do everything together, and nothing can get in the way of their friendship. But then Levi comes along...just as things are start...
210K 6.2K 28
Zoey Collins found herself siding with someone she just met over one of her best friends since elementary school. Asher Evans, having to choose betwe...
854 147 14
When Ava fell for his best friend who loved another girl, she thought her love would never be reciprocated. But destiny had some other plans for her...