Street Rat

By DragonStarXD

Demons. Angels. These two species couldn't be any different, but what happens when an angel accidentally help... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 5

22 2 1
By DragonStarXD

I took a deep breath once I saw the safe house. I hope someone is home. I looked back at Misty. She had lost the fear in her eyes, and now they were filled with curiosity. We got off the horses and walked to the door to the safe house. I gave the secret knock on the door (Three short knocks and a claw mark on the door), and prayed someone would answer. The slit on the top of the door opened to reveal a pair of light red colored eyes.

"Who dares to enter the demon's house?" The voice rasped.

"The Son of Titan and the Daughter of an Angel," I reported back.

"The Son of Titan may enter but the angel must stay outside," stated the voice.

"The angel comes with me," I replied. The red colored eyes rolled in annoyance but the door creaked open to reveal a red and black German Shepherd.

"Welcome home, Son of Titan and welcome to the demon's home Daughter of an Angel," said Demonai bowing his head down in respect. I bowed my head back and let Misty go in front of me. We stepped in the house and the door shut and locked behind us. All eyes were on us as we stepped into the house's main room.

"Welcome back S, where have you been these past few weeks?" asked a white and green wolf-husky mix named Toxic.

"Running from the dogs on the angel's side of the border," I replied. Toxic's eyes grew double the size they were as he stared at me.

"You went to the angels to avoid the dogs?" Toxic choked.

"Yea, and while I was there I met Misty who might have just changed me for the better," I answered looking toward Misty. Toxic looked at Misty and Tiger, and grinned.

"Well, since the leader says your welcome here then I guess I can't say anything. I'm Steal's second in command and I run this place while he's not here," Toxic stated. Misty smiled back at him while Tiger just looked pissed.

"Nice to meet you," She said to him. Toxic nodded in response.

"I'm going to go see the rest of the gang. Misty you should come and meet everyone," I stated.

Misty's POV

I nodded my head in response and got up from the chair I had been sitting in. Steal took my hand and guided me down the hallway. I heard different noises coming from the hall ranging from laughter to growls. I looked back at Steal and his eyes glowed with happiness. He poked his head in one room and then guided me in.

"Twins!" He hollered. Two heads looked in our direction and both broke out into grins. They didn't look like twins. One was a black German Shepherd and had a white pinstripe down his back with dusty, yellow eyes and bullet holes in his left ear. The other was a honeybee yellow golden retriever- wolf mix  with white patches on his fur and had light green eyes.

"Misty, meet Prince and Royale," Steal said motioning to the black one and then the yellow. I smiled in greeting and they smiled back.

"They call us the explosive twins. So if you hear a loud noise it's probably us blowing something up," stated Prince. I laughed at the statement. These two seemed like good guys.

"Why do you have earrings hanging from the bullet holes in your ear?"  I asked. Prince laughed before answering.

"The bullet holes were a gift from my father before he drove me out of the house. I hang earrings from them because a. it looks cool and b. it shows people that I make the better out of what happened to me in the past," He replied.

"Oh, okay," I said. Steal tugged on my hand and we walked out of the room and on to the next. The next room we came upon had a weird odor coming from it. I wasn't quite sure what it was but I had a feeling I was going to find out. Steal opened the door to find a misty gray colored Borzoi looking at the various items on the shelves.

"Hey Amnesia, I want you to meet someone," Steal stated. Amnesia turned around and looked at me.

"Hi," I said "My name is Misty,"

"Hello Misty. I'm Amnesia and I love your cat! Could I use him in an experiment?" She asked.

"No," Steal answered for me. Amnesia huffed in response.

"The other two are in the lab," She huffed. Steal nodded in response, and we walked to the back of the room. Steal put in a code on the keypad that hung precariously on the wall and the door shook when it opened. Two heads quickly looked at us, and then went back to the computers that were in front of them. There were giant tubes scattered everywhere in here. All holding strange animals that I had never seen before.

"Misty, this is Phantom and Nightmare," Steal stated. One of them put their hand out for me to shake and I took it.

"I'm Phantom," he stated.

"Misty," I replied. Phantom was a coyote, german-shepherd mix with grey, white eyes.

"I'm Nightmare," He said looking up from his computer for a little bit but then looked back down at his computer. Nightmare was a border collie- wolf mix with piercing blue eyes.

"Could you two stop experimenting and actually look at her?" Steal bristled.

'We did look at her, and besides we're busy constructing a new hybrid," Nightmare stated.

"You're making a new one?" Steal asked in wonder. Both of them nodded their heads and continued working.

"Alright then, we will leave you two alone to do that," He said backing away from the two.

"What are hybrids?" I asked.

"Hybrids are Nightmare's creations. He can take any animal alive or extinct from it's DNA and merge them together," Steal explained.

"Isn't that dangerous?" I asked.

"It is if you do it wrong," Steal replied. We continued walking down the different hallways.

"How many live here at the safe house?" I asked.

"Quite a few actually and the number grows every year when we take in new wolves," He replied.

"Am I going to meet them all?"

"If you want to, but there are only a few more key wolves that I want you to meet," He stated. We turned the corner and went into a room that smelled like sweat and blood. Four guys were in there doing some kind of training, well three of them were training. The other one was kind of just running around the others acting like a lunatic.

"We won't interrupt their training," Steal whispered. He pointed over to the tallest and bigger built of the four.

Steal's POV
"That's Thorn," I stated. Thorn was a grey, black, and white German Shepherd - Collie mix with hazel eyes.

"Next to him is Fang," I said. Fang was a dark brown and white husky- wolf mix with hazel eyes, freckles on his muzzle, and half an ear. He also had saber tooth like fangs concealed in his mouth. 

"Then we have Jax," I said. Jax was a tawny gold and white border collie with emerald green eyes.

"The one running around acting like a nut is Rocco. All of them are brothers except for Rocco," I finished. Rocco was a tan and chocolate colored wolf, coyote, Jack Russell mix. He had brown eyes and half of his tail. Misty nodded and looked at all of them.

"It's like a big family," She said.

"We are a family, and this will be your home until you have to go back to your real home," I stated.

"What if I don't want to go back?" She asked. I blinked and looked down at her in surprise.

"Misty, you're an angel. You have to go back," I stated.

"I want to stay here with everyone though. I feel more at home here than at my own home, please Steal," She whined.

"If you stay here, the hunting dogs will come after you and they will take you back," I explained.

"There has to be a way I can stay here," She asked. I took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling. Why? Why does she have to do this?

"Why do you want to stay here so bad?" I asked.

"I already told you," She stated.

"The truth," I said.

"I don't want to leave you," She whined. I softly smiled at her and hugged her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and tightly hugged me. I heard someone clear their throat behind us. I craned my neck to see who it was and I saw the three brothers that had been training.

"Boss, why are you huggin' an angel?" Thorn asked in his southern accent

"Don't worry about it Thorn," I stated. I backed up from Misty and turned around to face the three.

"So, what have I missed?" I asked. The brothers looked at each other and then down at their feet.

"What happened while I was gone?"

"House of Knights dropped by," Fang stated.

"And...," I said willing them to continue.

"And, they took a few fighters," Jax mumbled. That's when it happened. My temper hit the ceiling.

"Who did they take?" I questioned them trying to hold my temper in.

"Six out of the seven-eleven group," Fang responded. My hand started to shake. The seven-eleven group is made up out of my siblings and myself.  They took my siblings. I started to pace around the hallway trying to calm myself.

"You let them take my siblings away!" I hollered.

"We didn't! We tried to stop them but someone told them they could take them in exchange for our participation in the Round Robin this year. Where I might add, we can get them back," Thorn explained.

"I already told you idiots that we're not participating this year, and to get them back we would either have to bid on them or win the Round Robin. Which we haven't done in years! Who gave them the all clear?" I asked.

"Nana," They mumbled in unison. I spun on my heel and stomped off leaving Misty with the brothers and stalked off toward the old healer's room.

"Show her to my quarters and don't let anyone hurt her. I have to go deal with Nana," I ordered behind me.

Misty's POV
The three guys I had previously met showed me to what was apparently Steal's quarters. The room was huge. He had a king sized bed in there and two walk-in closets. There was a small sitting room in another part of the room that had a black leather couch and a few matching chairs and a huge plasma screen on the wall in front of the furniture. Then there was a  large coffee table with a ton of papers scattered on it.

"If you don't want to stay in here we can show you back to the front," stated Fang.

"I would like to go back to the front if that's okay," I asked. Fang smiled and nodded. We started to walk back to the front of the safe house.

"You know, after all these years I never thought Steal would find anyone, especially an angel," Fang said.

"Oh, we aren't together," I stated.

"But you do want to be with him. I mean that is the whole reason you want to stay here isn't it?" He asked.

"Were you eavesdropping when Steal and I were talking?" I asked him.

"Maybe...," he said. I laughed and rolled my eyes. He reminded me of Jessie in a way. We got back up to the front and I saw everyone I had just met playing cards or talking to one another. Everyone glanced over in our direction but then got back to what they were doing. Fang walked over to Thorn and Nightmare who were in a deep conversation about something. I decided to walk over to Amnesia and talk to her.

"Hello again, Misty," Amnesia said as I sat down across from her.

"Hi Amnesia," I replied.

"So, word is that you want to stay here for Steal," she stated.

"How does everyone know?" I asked.

"Word travels fast around here," she concluded. I glanced over in Fang's direction. What a snitch. Now everyone knows. Awesome.

"It's okay you know, Steal likes you too. I'm sure he'll let you stay," Amnesia stated.

"I hope," I replied. A few minutes past and Amnesia and I continued to talk about meaningless topics. I found out that this place isn't actually a safe house. It's a secret fighting pit that Steal was leader for and had been for a few years. I also found out that most of the fighters were misfits. Wolves that weren't wanted by family or just had nowhere else to go. I also found out that Amnesia had a secret crush on Phantom who had been her close friend since they had been kids.

"Boss is coming, and he is not happy," Toxic stated from his chair. Steal came walking in to the room with a older woman in tow. She looked like a bulldog- wolf mix. That must be Nana.

"I already explained to you what happened Steal. So stop asking because I'm done explaining," The older woman sassed.  Steal rolled his eyes at her. I got up and smacked him on the arm. He growled but quickly stopped when he realized who had hit him.

"You should respect your elders better," I snapped at him.

"Thank you dear, for defending an old woman," She said to me in a grandmotherly voice.

"You're welcome and I'm Misty, by the way," I told her.

"I'm Nana and I am the healer here," She said shaking my hand.

"You're a healer!" I exclaimed. She smiled at me and nodded.

"I heard your also a healer," She said.

"Yes, I am. I took care of Steal for a few weeks when his ribs were broken," I explained.

"Oh, you poor girl. I'm so sorry you had to put up with him," She cooed. I laughed at her comment while Steal just huffed and walked away to join Toxic and Demonai.

"He's not that bad," I stated.

"Oh, I know dear but he has his father's temper and we all try to keep that in check so no one gets hurt around here," She explained. I looked over at Steal. Toxic and Demonai were showing him a few papers that they had spread out over the island. I walked over to Steal and hugged him. I heard him let out a low chuckle as he hugged me back.

A/N 😃
Okay so I know there were a lot of new characters introduced in this chapter. Not all of them will make an appearance in all of the chapters, maybe just one or two at a time depending on the chapter and what it is about at the time. Out of all the new characters which one would be your favorite so far? I know all that everyone knows about them so far is what they look like and a little bit about themselves but I just want some feedback. Do forget to comment and vote! A huge thank you to @-Nefriit- for voting on this story. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I love writing it! Image above is of Tiger.

-Dragon 🐉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372 59 33
Updated on Tuesday (because "every day is Tuesday"???) Riley and John Smith have made normal lives on Asgaurd. They have Apartments in the castle, an...
138 14 9
How the table will turn when the fates of a PuRe untainted soul and an epitome of Evility known of it's mercilessness & cruelty will cross each other...
7.3K 322 27
A lost soul trapped by his past hungers to prove that even the most innocent can be corrupted. So he makes a bargain with deadly consequences. In ord...