Spotlight ▹The 1975

By -afewplanets

Tate Besk never expected for a video of herself singing on social media to go viral. Nor for the video to cat... More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
sad news

0.0

655 12 6
By -afewplanets

ZERO•ZERO
   •.    •.   •.   •.

"HELLO, I'M TATE, AND I WILL BE YOUR
entertainment tonight." I said as I set myself into the seat and adjusted the microphone stand to my liking,"I am singing an original. I hope you all enjoy." I smiled before taking a deep breath.

My palms were incredibly sweaty and my shirt stuck to me like adhesive. I was nervous of course, it was the first time the manger had allowed me to sing on the stage, and thanks to the current rush hour, Starbucks was in fact swimming of people.

I looked over at the register eyeing for something to keep me stalling longer. Of course I shouldn't have stalled, people were leaning forward in there seats, waiting for something to spill from my mouth.

Run. My mind thought. Get up and run.

"Would you fücking start already?" An elder man yelled from his seat. Typical New Yorkers.

I shifted forward, ready to bounce off the seat, and back to my position as the barista.

My phone shook against my jeans.

Don't fücking screw up Tate. I gave you the opportunity.

I snapped my head to the booth only a few feet away from me. His fingers were tapping I the table brutally, yet his face was waiting there patiently. That was never a good sign.

I reached up for the mic and brought it close before shutting my eyes,

"Was I a narcissist for believing you loved me?
You were too caught up in poetic articulates to see what you had
I don't know if this is what you do, but I know it's not right for me nor you
And I have the habit of believing in anything that has the ability to feel euphoria in their heart
Isn't that a bit funny? Isn't that just a bit dreamy?
No I don't believe so, my head hurts at that thought that it is though
I'm pretty sure I've had a few drinks so don't mind me
At least I wasn't with you for the money
Oh,
I sent you a letter two weeks ago,
Asking if you had ever loved me though
You said 'I loved myself more then you can ever know'
You were a freaking esoteric so how the hell would I know?"

My eyes flew open, before the chorus, and I stared at the crowd of people, who were clapping for me. It was funny how the old man was as well.

I felt nauseous.

I ran off the stage quickly, my hair flying, only to reach the bathroom and sit on my knees inside a stall, letting myself spew forth my lunch.

"Tate!" My manager called,"Get the hell back out there!" He yelled from behind the stall door.

"Brian, your not supposed to be in the women's bathroom."

"I don't fücking care! Get back out there!"

I dropped my head in my hands,"I can't. I really can't. I'll vomit all over the stage. I know it."

"I'll put a bucket-"

"No! Okay no! As my friend, you know I can't do this!"

"As your friend, I know you can. And as your manager, I'll give you overtime, with no pay, if you don't do this." He threatened.

I sighed feeling absolutely hopeless and turning to open the door and face him,"Then give me overtime Brian. I'm not doing it. I don't want embarrass myself, and I certainly don't want to vomit over your customers. I'm sorry." I said before I walked of the bathroom and returning to the counter to pull on my apron.

"Nice song." Someone said sliding up next to me,"Who's it about?"

I looked at them roughly,"It's not about anyone, Clifford."

"Well it really didn't seem like no one."

"Not all songs are about people, they can be written out of anger." I said.

"Shouldn't you be writing now then? I know your feeling something right now. Write it." He said placing a notepad and pencil in front of my eyes from behind.

"I have work." I said pushing past him.

Clifford and I were relatively close. He was the one who told Brian I should have a chance on the stage. And because of him I was working overtime. So, at the moment, I, Tate Besk, was not at all fond of Clifford.

"Hey Tate? You working?" A co-worker called to me.

"Yeah."

"One Chai Latte."

I forced a smile,"Coming up."

•.

"Tate..."

"Yes Brian, can I help you?" I said continuing to make the order.

"You could." He started,"You should take a break. You've been working since three."

I grasped the wipe cream and swirled it on top of the latte,"I'm alright."

"Tate, I'm serious, your working overtime and you need the energy and-"

"And if I want to work is that a crime? Any boss would love to see me working on my breaks. I'm sorry Brian, if that's not what you want. But we all know employees don't follow the rules." I stated.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Your my boss. Shit. I'm sorry I didn't mean to go off on you sir, I-"

"Tate, don't go on a ramble."

I sighed,"I'm having a pretty bad day."

"I know, I can tell." He chuckled,"And because of your snappy attitude, you are doing overtime."

I placed a lid on the cup,"Boss of the freaking year, goes to Brian." I mumbled pushing past him and handing the coffee to the customer.

"I heard that."

"Okay."

Brian stopped me from walking back to the expresso machine,"Go, take a break, your too snappy to attend to customers."

I nodded, too agitated to talk and swiftly pulled my apron off and headed for the back door. The small alley off of the door had become a haven of mine. And I had written several songs in the alley.

My pulsed in my pocket.

@bruhian tweeted:
   Boss of the year

God, he was arrogant. Why I managed to say he was my friend was still unknown.

•.

I folded the rag and wiped down another table. And then I jumped over to another one. And to another one.

Clifford placed himself in a seat in the empty shop.

"Tate are you mad at me?"

I nodded my head before spraying more cleaner.

"Why?"

I chuckled, yet not in a humored tone,"Why? Clifford I'm working overtime because of you!"

"Because of me? Tate this was you."

I turned to him,"If you wouldn't have said anything, it would have not happened if you hadn't told Brian that I could be the entertainment for tonight. And now I'm here working overtime with no freaking pay!"

Clifford crossed his arms,"But you sang, in front of a crowd like you had always wanted. And people liked it Tate."

I breathed out heavily, returning to my work.

My phone quivered like earlier, signifying a notification. Several vibrations followed after that.

@0clifford0 tagged you in a video

@0clifford0 tweeted:
You want to watch this: www.http//Instagram/0clifford0....

@0clifford0 mentioned you in a tweet

I looked over at Clifford, who was watching me with a smile.

"Clifford..."

"I posted the video of you singing. You have talent Tate, you really do." He said standing to his feet and then pulling out the yellow notepad and a pencil,"I think you have emotions that can be turned into something."

Clifford placed the items on the table and then placed his hands on my shoulders, gesturing for me to sit down.

I grabbed the pencil and positioned it to the first line,"Those emotions will turn to words."

•.

TWITTER

@0clifford0 tweeted:
You want to watch this: That's TateBesk www.http//Instagram/0clifford0..

RETWEETS; 323 | LIKES; 674
-

haileybruhhh; who is the girl in the video? you tagged her yet she got no photos, no profile photo, like whaaaaaa...

lordfraquan; no tweets either??

GabbysaysNashg; lordfraquan ikr

gaybabbies; #WhoisTateBesk

Hermanngga; #WhoisTateBesk

lordfraquan; #WhoisTateBesk

haileybruhhh; #WhoisTateBesk

1975hann; #WhoisTateBesk

Talieughchxnge; ^^*-*

Mvstvmydram; ^OMFG^^ my son is in on it too

0clifford0; 1975hann love you man

Mvstvmydram; 0clifford0 can you please tell us about TateBesk?????

gaybabbies; ^^#TellUs

GabbysaysNashg; #TellUs

lordfraquan; #TellUs

1975hann; #TellUs

0clifford0; tag TateBesk enough and she'll answer. Her phone will blow up 😂😂

lordfraquan; that's savage but TateBesk

haileybruhhh; TateBesk

GabbysaysNashg; TateBesk

1975hann; TateBesk

Talieughchxnge; now that adam is in it, I'm in, TateBesk

•.

let it begin, woo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1K 53
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
95.8K 3K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

329K 8.4K 118
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
51.4K 1.2K 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...