Now we are One

By for_lorien

About 2 years after United As One, Sam and Six decide to get married. For the first time, the Garde are unite... More

Soon
Shipping
Vows
Hope
Party
Love

Incredible

667 20 16
By for_lorien

On the "big day" as everyone but Six liked to call it, the weather was perfect. Perfect enough in the sense that no Legacies had to be spared to keep it that way. Sam claimed that it was just the world realizing that that day was finally a good day; one that could not afford to be screwed up. The engaged couple had agreed, eventually, to have a ceremony before the party. But in order to compromise, the final decision was to have the ceremony on the beach instead of a church. There was a large wooden platform on which rows of chairs sat facing a small cathedral. Everything was open and outside; every noise the ocean made and every breeze the beach provided would carry throughout the whole setup. The entire thing was not even very large, but it was all lightly colored and radiated a happy aura. Daniela had stopped by to create an intricate stone archway for the couple with her Legacy; obviously Marina couldn't do anything with ice or the whole thing would melt in the heat.

About half of the guests had arrived already. Seated in spread out chairs, the guests mingled and chatted a little, but some were slightly uncomfortable and awkward. Malcolm and Adam were seated together, catching up and discussing light topics, all the while occasionally glancing around at the other guests. Karen Walker was looking a little out of place, though finally dressing nicely and having her hair let down. She sits alone, sticking to her phone and looking guilty about it. Lexa arrives as one of the last people, and tries to fit in with Adam and Malcolm. The largest group of guests included most of the human Garde; some the bride and groom knew personally, like Ran and Nigel, but also some they didn't. They placed their trust in Nine with the invitations, and all the people he invited Nine ensured were "cool guys". They all made the most noise, showing off their Legacies and being teenagers. Everyone was waiting.

There was a small beach house on the edge of the water in which the preparations were undergo. Inside, Ella fiddles with Six's hair, putting it up in curvy waves and braids that create a small nest shape of hair while the rest falls down her back easily in thick curls. Marina sits in front of them, smoothing out Six's dress and giggling with excitement. Sam is forced to wait in another room with Nine and Daniela.

"This is torture! How long does it take for you guys to get ready?" Sam's voice carries through the door that separates the two rooms.

Marina calls back, "You're not allowed to see the bride until the ceremony! It's tradition."

"Can you at least take Nine until the ceremony?" Sam grumbles. Nine laughs.

"Aw, Sammy, this is supposed to be your last day of freedom before a lifetime of imprisonment! Lose the Mr. Grumpy!"

Six's eye twitches and she makes a move to get up, which dischivels Ella from her position. "Six! Sit still for crying out loud, I'm going to have to start over!"

"But-"

"Oh hush, it's Nine; he doesn't actually mean it. Besides, I think your husband has it under control." The sound of Nine laughing is cut of by a slapping noise. Ella smirks and looks towards the door. "Or Daniela."

Marina stands up and paces nervously. Her dress is spaghetti strapped, colored many shades of blue, much like her apartment, made of floaty material that falls to the middle of her calves, and pinched together in the back to create extra creases. She wears dark blue sandals with half-inch heels, and her hair is twisted into a loose, low bun with little blue jewels embedded in her brown waves, courtesy of Ella. It was a casual but beautiful. "Six, this is a really big deal. This basically ties together our two species into a permanent bond, now that the war is over. And you've invited less than fifty people."

"Marina, calm down, you're more stressed about this than I am. Is it because John's not here yet?"

She sighs. "Yeah, probably. Also because, well..." Marina sits in front of Six and stares sadly into her eyes while holding her hands. "I'm scared that this will be it. That this will be that last time I really get to see you. That after this you'll run off and forget about us, about the rest of us. Six, you're my best friend, and this is the first time I've actually ever seen you this happy. I'm excited for you, I am; but what if-" Six stops her best friend's rant by gripping her hands tight and staring straight into her eyes.

"First of all Marina, save it until the after party when we're all drunk and stupid. Second of all, I'm not leaving you. Not any of you," Six assures Marina with her usual intensity. Her friend sniffs, and Ella smiles. Then Ella suddenly freezes, gazing at one spot in the wall without really looking at it.

Suddenly she breaks the trance and grins. "John's on his way."

Marina looks at Ella. "Really?"

"Yeah, he's really close, he's-" Ella looks at the window. "Oh, he's here."

Three heads turn in unison to see a certain blonde alien streak across the sky to touch down lightly on the wooden platform. Many human Garde whisper and point and a couple move closer to see him more clearly. John turns pink, even visible in the light of the bright sun, and walks immediately towards Malcolm and Adam. He embraces Adam first then shakes Malcolm's hand, discussing something. Then he turns and spots the beach house. Marina squeaks and Six snorts. John walks over carefully and knocks on the door.

"Can I-?" Marina asks hesitantly.

"Go for it," Six confirms.

The door slams open when Marina reaches it and John (the poor boy) is tackled immediately with a suffocating hug. At first he looks surprised, and then grateful, as he hugs her back just as tight. When they pull back, the girls get their first good look at their friend. John wears jeans, a white button-down shirt tucked in, and a soft-looking grey jacket, open and casual. He's had a haircut and a good shave since the last time they saw him, and his blue eyes twinkle with excitement and his smile is wide and dimpled. He smiles at Marina, holding her at arm length.

"You look amazing."

Marina blushes. "Have you even seen Six-"

"JOHNNY!" Marina is cut off and shoved aside as Nine bursts into the room. Without a second look at the rest of them, he pulls John into an enormous, probably rib-crushing hug. Six smirks as the blonde boy's eyes go wide as his arms are pinned to his sides while his feet are lifted off the ground and the life is squeezed out of him. Nine finally sets John back down on his feet but doesn't let go; instead he continues to nuzzle his face into the top of John's hair contently. John doesn't seem to mind very much until Daniela, who walked in after Nine, clears her throat. John goes pink in the face, feeling self-conscious, and after a few more moments, Nine lets go reluctantly. Sam follows in after Daniela, laughing at his uncomfortable friend. He inches around Nine to give John a quicker hug and a pat on the back.

"I never knew Nine was a hugger, but then I'm getting married to an alien, so..."

John breaks his trance and smiles again, lighting up the room. "It's good to see you, Sam."

"I haven't seen you in how many months and you say 'It's good to see you' ? Gimme something more than that, man?" John laughs.

"Oh great and humble Samuel Goode, I present my undying gratitude to be here, in your glowing presence," John mocks dramatically.

"Better."

"Bromance moments aside, can I get a hug too?" Daniela asks, stepping around Sam to embrace John as well. "I missed this, John Smith from Mars."

"How's your mom?"

"She's better." Her face looked true to her words. "The cane thing is a pain in the ass, but it could be worse."

"Good." John looks around the room for a moment, and spots Six still on the floor with Ella. He looks immediately even happier. "Do you want a hug too, or are you occupied...?"

"Ella are you done with my effing hair or what?" Six says impatiently.

"Fine! Geez! There, you're done!" Ella sticks one more bobby pin in and holds her hands up in surrender. Six stands up and walks over to the group, hugging John without caring about her hair. Ella makes a suffocated whimpering sound, eyeing her work. Six ignores her.

"Hey there bailer."

"Missed you too, Six," John says, rolling his eyes.

"You did bail on us. Multiple times." John looks guilty.

"I know. Sorry." Sam laughs.

The noise causes Six to turn her attention to him. And Sam turns his attention to her. And his breath catches.

SIx's wedding dress falls down to her knees. The top is strapless, with a conforming core; extra layers lie beneath the bottom part to make the dress poof out. With intricate lace patterns on top, the dress is stunning. It was the simplest option Ella was willing to put up with, and yet, Six pulled it off perfectly. She didn't wear a veil, didn't bother to think about wearing any kind of jewelry or accessories, and Sam is still rendered speechless. Even the rest of the room falls silent, and it's Six's turn to blush.

Eying Sam's expression, Marina is the first one to speak. "So much for tradition."

Sam breaks out of his trance enough to look into Six's face. His mouth remains hanging open. "Y-you look... just in-incredible..."

Six beams and walks closer to kiss him on the cheek. Surprisingly, Nine doesn't make any noise or disruption. "You don't look so bad yourself." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
1.3M 3.2K 4
Wattpad Editors' Choice, Winner of the 2020 Fiction Awards (for Best Plot Twist) and 2020 Mafia Romance of the Year. A chance encounter with an enigm...
55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.7M 17.5K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...