Changes | Marvel

By ArtemisRoseWrites

Avery Stark lived a life of luxury and comfort whilst living in her home with her older brother, Anthony Sta... More

I MADE A TRAILER
Before Reading
ONE. Beginning of the End
TWO. Caves
THREE. Recovery
FOUR. Becoming the Iron Man
FIVE. The truth
SIX. New York
SEVEN. Court Hearings and Green
EIGHT. Monaco and House-calls.
NINE. Live while you're Alive.
TEN. Invasion of the Failures
ELEVEN. The Avengers
TWELVE. Death
THIRTEEN. Changes
FOURTEEN. Training to be the Best
FIFTEEN. Most Cliche Exit Ever
SIXTEEN. Anything I want?
SEVENTEEN. Fitz is a Fan
EIGHTEEN. Bonus; Tony's POV
NINETEEN. Lost Love
TWENTY. Wardy Lordy Voldemorty
TWENTY ONE. What's so good about a Painting?
TWENTY TWO. The Struggles of Life
TWENTY THREE. BARREL ROLL
TWENTY FOUR. Phil Coulson: Breaking Laws 101
TWENTY FIVE. Insanity
TWENTY SIX. The Secret City
TWENTY SEVEN. Kiss and Make Up
TWENTY EIGHT. The Devil Inside
TWENTY NINE. #TRIPPLIVES
THIRTY. Abu Bakar
THIRTY ONE. Torture
THIRTY TWO. Tough Cookie
THIRTY THREE. Hydra doesn't like Liars
THIRTY FOUR. The Big Teddy Bear
THIRTY FIVE. Avengers HQ?
THIRTY SIX. Recovery
THIRTY EIGHT. Not a Kid - But an Agent
THIRTY NINE. Stark or Not
FORTY. Lies & Tales
FORTY ONE. Feeling Alone
FORTY TWO. Celebrations
FORTY THREE. The FBI Frauds
FORTY FOUR. Mind Machine Memories
FORTY FIVE. Nothing is too expensive for Family
FORTY SIX. Howard Stark Inventions
FORTY SEVEN. Betrayal of Inhumans
FORTY EIGHT. It's Time
FORTY NINE. Fury is like a Teenager - Lazy
FIFTY. Isabelle Holloway
FIFTY ONE. Anthony
Sequel? + Fun Facts
Sequel

THIRTY SEVEN. Emergencies

1.7K 48 12
By ArtemisRoseWrites

"Tell me you figured out what drugs Cal took, because my gut's saying everything ever made." Phil storms in, looking frustrated. I put down my phone, hiding the contents of what I was doing.

"I haven't fully sequenced the formula yet, if only for the multitude of trace drugs found, but my initial list includes anabolism-androgenic steroids, a liver enzyme blocker, various metabolic enhancers, methamphetamine, what appears to be gorilla testosterone, and no lie a drop of peppermint."

"Peppermint. One drop." I ask, laughing.

"I know." She agrees. "I think it's an ill-conceived attempt at super strength."

"Other than Cap, every attempt has been ill-conceived. Will he survive it?

She sighs, shaking her head. "A single vial would send any normal man to the hospital. Skye's father took three. He should be dead." She said. Phil bites his lip before turning around and leaving the lab again. Fitz and Simmons were doing their own thing, with other SHIELD scientists doing theirs. I slowly bring up my phone again, unlocking it and turning the sound down very low. The familiar tune greets my ears and I smile widely.

"Oh, bring it on." I whisper.

"Do I hear the Pokémon theme song?" Fitz asks, looking up confused.

"No..." I answer loudly, making many of the scientists turn to me, amused. "Ok, maybe." I say, before hopping off and walking around. I gotta catch 'em all somehow. They all go back to their work and I spend ages burying myself in the virtual world on Pokémon. Until we got a call ahead from Phil and another agent telling us to prepare the medical room.

"Skye's father is having a reaction." Simmons yells, clearing the bed. He is brought in and placed onto the bed carefully. Fitz rips open his over shirt and Simmons readies the defibrillator.

"Clear." She yells, sending an electric pulse through the man's heart. He was limp, red faced and was all sweaty. He didn't look too good, and I had a bad feeling about the outcome.

"No response." Fitz announces.

"We can't lose him." Phil demands, making Fitz complain.

"I thought you said he wanted to kill us." He alleged.

"He's Skye's father. We have to try." He responds, letting Simmons brush by him. I stood in the corner of the room, out of everyone's way.

"I'm doing what I can. Get me an adrenaline injector, one milligram." Simmons ordered Fitz. He went rushing around the table, looking through draws and under papers. "Fitz, I need it now." She raised her voice. Fitz gave the needle to her and she stabbed it into Cal's neck. He immediately sprung up, his body rolling off the bed and onto the floor. Phil kept his hands on my shoulders to keep me from running to him. We lost sight of his body, but we could hear him grunting. Soon, he pulled himself up and what greeted us, was not Cal. He looks crazy, infuriated and not like the man he came in as.

"You were looking for a monster?" He taunts, staring straight at Phil. "Huh. This is what I was missing." He picked up the needle before throwing it over his shoulder.

"Cal." Phil warns, pushing me behind him. "Cal listen to me." Cal lifted the bed, throwing it into the wall and coming closer to where we were standing. We quickly step back, and Phil closes the glass doors that separated the room from the Lab. Simmons and Fitz stood in front of me protectively.

"Cal, I can take you to Daisy, but you need to calm down." Phil warns him.

"This is me calm, Phil." He yells, bashing his fists against the glass. I step back, wincing at every slam against the glass.

"I don't want to see him angry, please find something to stop him." I speak up.

"Fitz, I'm open to suggestions." Phil tells him. Fitz hands a gun over to him, shrugging.

"ICER's are a good start."

"Agreed." He cocks the gun, turning to the doors. "Got to admit, I'm not hopeful these will do anything but piss him off." Simmons steps up next to him but I back away, not wanting to be anywhere near the crazy man.

"There are more lethal solutions." She offers but Phil instantly denies it.

"Not yet. He's Skye's father or at least, he was. I'm hoping there's still a sliver of the man who-" Cal bashes and bashes, finally breaking the glass of one of the doors. He steps through, grinning like a maniac. Fitz and Phil shoot at Cal but it only makes him crazier. They had no effect on him whatsoever.

"Well. There goes the feeling in my legs." He says, dopily before continuing his walk.

"Get out of here." Phil screams.

"No, sir." Fitz tries to deny but Phil was getting angry, so I opened up the door ready to push them both through.

"Now, go!" The three of us exit the room, running through halls.

"Where are we supposed to go?" I ask hurriedly, hearing the yelling and breaking of glass behind us.

"Uh, Uh, I don't know." Fitz freaks out. "Just keep running!" He says, leading Simmons and I down the hall.

"Wait, Phil's Office." Simmons cries out. "I hear the emergency signal." She tells us. We look in to see Cal, staring straight at us.

"Uh oh." I stutter, frightened.

"Jemma, Avery, run! Run!" Fitz yells. We all run off, but now we could hear the heavy footsteps of Cal behind us, and he was slowly catching up.

"Yes, let's all run!" He screams at us, giddily. Simmons scans her card and we make it through the door that let us into the hangar, but Cal made it in before we could close it. He began to stalk up to us, but he was slammed to the side by one of our SHIELD SUV's. Fitzsimmons and I only have to blink before we run off, knowing that Phil was fine.

---

Cal was brought into the destroyed lab and we hook him up to some liquid to get his mental state back to normal or at least better than Mentally Insane. He was quite bruised around his waist from being hit by the Car, but it wasn't as bad as he should have been which was quite weird. Phil comes back in, sighing. Some armed agents surrounded us, making sure that Cal wouldn't hurt us, but I still stayed a good couple of meters away from him.

"Well, his physical changes have improved." Simmons began but Cal laughed.

"Careful. I'm a married man." Simmons let her face grow a confused smile and she looked over at Fitz in humour.

"Sorry, Phil. This looks expensive." He says to Phil, his voice still all loopy.

"We have a tab running." Phil says absent-mindedly.

"Sir," Fitz alerted the rest of us, showing the small screen on the side of a cart. "The carrier's distress call. It's expanded to all channels." He warns.

"Jiaying used Cal's distraction to take over that ship in minutes." He says, almost as if he was amazed.

"Well, he was definitely a distraction all right." I roll my eyes, eyeing all the broken glass.

"Sorry." Cal said again, smirking at me.

"Yeah. It's intimidating." Fitz whispers.

"You get May and Hunter on the line? We'll need every asset we've got to shut these Inhumans down." He orders, but Fitz gulps nervously.

"I tried, sir. Uh, their team's already gone dark." Phil's lips went into a straight line and he walked out huffing.

"I think he's angry." I say absent-mindedly.

"Really?" Fitz snorts. "I never would have guessed." He turns around, moving out of the room.

"We can't work in here." Simmons sighed, glaring at Cal who was still smiling on the chair.

"Are there any free Labs right now? Just go to it." I shrug.

"It won't be the same. All our things are in here." She groans. "Come on, I need help taking some stuff over." She gives me a box of stuff and we both walk out of the room, following Fitz who was already way ahead of us. We find an empty lab and begin setting out some different things that we might need in the near future, depending on how long it took to replace and repair their personal lab.

"A little help here, Avery." Fitz says, picking at a box of wires sitting in front of him.

"What is this?" I ask, looking at it. "It looks like a transmitter." I say.

"Yep. It's to stop Gordon but I can't really get my hands into that space. Do you mind?" He asks. I nod, grabbing onto the tweezers and begin to burn the wire into the small hole.

"Guys." Simmons looks up, emotionally. "Bobbi, she-" She hands her phone over to us and we see that there was a message on it explaining that Bobbi was shot and it was bad.

"Get a hospital bed ready." I instantly say, turning away so I could quickly finish the burning. "Fitz, go tell Phil. He needs to know." Fitz runs off with Simmons and I sigh, grabbing onto the bridge of my nose.

Everything must go wrong, doesn't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 1K 45
------------------------BOOK 2 IN THE DEMIGOD AVENGER SERIES------------------------ (if you haven't read the first book I would recommend reading th...
250K 7.4K 143
Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of stupidness and stubbornness. Due to this...
1.5K 31 15
A Marvel fan fiction about Tony Stark's little sister, Lillian Stark, who gets kidnapped by Hydra at a young age. What will she do when she finally f...
10.2K 420 23
Y/N Stark was living a not so normal life. Sure, she did enjoy living with Avengers but most of the time it's just boring. Ever since she got her pow...