Lucky Kiss Number 13

By sarcasticallyfluent

Pineview High's Football team has a tradition. Before every game the Quarterback throws the ball randomly int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Contest Winners
Chapter 13
Update/trailer!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18 (Real Chapter)
Chapter 19
Drake Bonus P.O.V
Keaton's Speech

Chapter 12

167K 4K 688
By sarcasticallyfluent

✿◕‿◕✿ Tessa's P.O.V

When I woke up, the sun was shining directly into my face causing me to squint my eyes closely together. While exhaling in deeply, I could scent a breeze of fresh sheets and old spice mixed together. God, I sure do love the smell of old spice in the morning, it just smell so damn good. Whoever said old spice smelt like old men clearly lost their scent in smell.

A muscular arm was still warped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. It didn't feel weird, it just felt right.

"You smell like butterflies and unicorns Tessa." He whispered into my ear with his morning voice.

"You smell awesome too kitten, but you're crushing me with your fat and heavy arm."

"One hundred percent of pure muscles baby. Plus you're the one who made me sleep with you." He cockily said as he ruffled his hands through his messy bed hair.

"I did not make you sleep with me." I said in my defence.

"Let me retell you the story, It all started when I told you to take the bed and I'll sleep on the floor, but you were being all Tessa like and kept complaining how it was my bed and blah blah,  and then eventually you said, 'Omg, how about we just sleep together and like touch each other for warmth. Sharing is caring." The way he pretended to sound like me at the end was hysterical.

"You're cute kitten, you wished that actually happened." He got pretty much everything right until the end. "Actually your sister eventually came into the room, begging us to stop yelling at each other about who gets the bed. That was when we just both fell asleep on the bed."

"You totally just ruined the moment. You sure know how to make a guy feel warm and fuzzy." He said in a sarcastically annoyed voice. "So what are you planning to do for the next two weeks of spring break?"

What was I going to do for the next two weeks? "I don't know, I probably stay home and watch T.V and try to convince Chasity that she should come home. Something along those lines."

"Why don't we just go to Miami and find your sister ourselves? It won't take that long by plane." He suggested.

"Oh Kitten, here's the problem. It's going to be impossible to get tickets to Miami within a couple of days, especially during high season for all spring breakers. I'm not going to drag you along with me into my family issues. Plus, you have no idea how my mom is going to freak out when I tell her Chasity ran away from home."

He just grinned at me, as he rolled his eyes. "Nothing is impossible Tessa. Your mom is a mom, first instinct is to know that her babies are safe. I have an aunt who works at the airport, and trust me she can work some magic with last minute stuff. This will also give me a great excuse to not have to see my shit face brother during his time staying here. "

Keaton did make a convincing argument. "We'll see what my mom says, no promises though."

I looked at the digital clock on the bedroom wall.

7:46 am

Mom was probably up right now making some coffee along with her famous chocolate pancakes. It was a house hold tradition for the Queens to eat pancakes on Saturday.

Shit.

Mom is going to kill me when I get home.

Double Shit.

I turned my phone off the whole entire night. I was seriously going to be screwed. My fingers fumbled as I turned on my phone. It seemed like forever before my screen saver finally appeared. 17 missed called and 24 unread texts. I quickly scanned through my call log, all the calls and texts came from Drake.

"I'm going to be murdered before boarding that plane Keaton." I could already imagine my punishment. Thinking of them just made me groan even louder.

"We Collins men have this special gift, and that is called charming women. I'm sure I can loosen your mom up a bit about the whole situation."

"My mom is the least of my worries right now. I think my brother is going to beat the shit out of you with his old baseball bat."

"Don't worry, nothing but a little bromance can't fix." He smiled showing off his pearly whites. I better call my brother before I find out there is a whole search party looking for me. Knowing my brother, I was about to get an earful.

"Where the hell were you last night Tessa? I had to tell mom you were at a sleepover at your friend Leslie's house." He screamed so loudly to the point where I'm pretty sure that Keaton had heard.

"First of all, I don't know a Leslie. And didn't you use to date a Leslie? You know your ninth grade girlfriend with the overbite?"

"I was going through a phase back then. And for you information Munchies, Leslie got braces and now got double Ds."

"Well she didn't look like that six years ago did she? Let's just get to the point, does mom know about, you know, Chasity?"

"No. I was kind of hoping you would come home and tell her. As you already know, I'm not good with crying females."

"Be there in 5." I ended the called and turned back to Keaton. "Hey-"

"Already ahead of you babe." He grabbed his keys off of the side table before quickly putting on some pants and a shirt. I know what you are thinking. But no, nothing happened other than sleeping. And he was wearing his boxers, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I smoothen out my wrinkly clothes, just as a sweater landed on top of my head, covering my face. "It's cold outside Tessa, don't want your mom to think I was being a bad host and got you sick now do we?" I can hear him chuckling in the distance.

☆ '•.¸.•' º ☆

"You ready to give the news to your mom?" He was drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, while I just glared at the front door.

"What if my mom lets me to Miami, but what if Chasity won't come back?"

"Well I understand where you are coming from, it's your role to want to protect your little sister. But you also got to remember that she's not a child. She must have had a reason to have made such a rash decision. You shouldn't get too upset if she refuses to come back. This trip shouldn't just be about your sister, but a chance for you to relax. Get a tan, hang out with your sister."

 "That was the most shittest, yet best advice I'd ever heard."

"No problem? I think. C'mon let's get you inside before you brother actually decided to kill me." He got out of the car and jogged over to the other side to open the door for me while I was unbuckling my seatbelt.

Once I opened the door, I could already hear screaming coming from the kitchen.

"What do you mean Chasity's gone with that man!  How could you let her leave!"

"Are you even listening to me Mom, I tried I did. You made it sound like I just let her walk out the house without a fight!"

"I'm home?" I jokingly interrupted, unsure of what I was supposed to say.

"Did you know that Chasity went to Miami with Derek?"

"Uh-She called me when she was boarding the plane." I awkwardly said, playing with the pencil that play lying on the granite counter top.

"I thought I was going to break the news to her." I whispered to Drake.

"You were, until mom found a note that Chasity left behind for her." He quietly answered back.

"You knew too? I feel like you two kids are keeping secrets from me. How could you let her leave? Don't you care for your sister!" I was in complete utter shock from how venomous her tone sounded. I never expected for her to speak that way to me.

"Mom, it was neither of our faults. Chasity is seventeen! Sure her decision was stupid, but whatever was going through her mind, she felt like it was the best decision for the family."

"Seventeen is still a child! She was being naive, you two were being naive for not forcing her to stay. We are family, we don't keep secrets from each other!"She slammed her fist onto the table.

"That kind of ironic isn't it? You didn't tell me that Derek wasn't my real father, or that Chasity is only my half sister. Looks like this family have something in common, not telling each other important things." I smoothly said, not noticing how harsh my tone was.

"How did you find out? Drake! You promised me-" Her voice was cracking up with a sound of panic in it.

"Drake did nothing wrong. Chasity was the one that told me."

"Tessa, please. I-I just want wanted us to be a perfect family. I wanted you grow up in a life that I didn't have."

"Mom! Are you hearing what you are saying! I grew up thinking a monster was responsible for half of my genes. I went to school wanting to kill myself so I could just forget!"

"I-I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me?"

"What was I suppose to say? Hey mom, people at school think I'm going to end up like Derek. I think killing myself is the best option for me!" I said in a sarcastically chirpy tone.  

"I didn't know. Please Tessa, I was confused and depressed at the time. I know that you think I betrayed you, but I thought I was just protecting you by not telling you."

"Whatever mom. I'll convince Chasity to come home somehow, I'm going to Miami with Keaton."

"Oh no you're not, I'm not letting you do to spring break central without a guardian." This time it wasn't my mom who was speaking, but it was Drake

"You can come if you want, I'm sure my aunt can hook us up with something." Keaton finally pitched in.

"Oh God, I am so embarrassed. How long have you been standing there Keaton? I am sorry that I didn't notice you. I feel so embarrassed that you had to watch our argument. Would you like some coffee?"

"It's ok Ms. Queens. Every family has their own problems. But may I please have your permission to allow Tessa and Drake to go to Miami with me? I think it be great for the both of them just to visit a new scenery and to see their sister."

"You sure do have a way with words. I can't believe I'm saying this, but yes you can go." To my surprise she had actually agreed. I thought that I would have to face hours of arguing.

"But you have to give me updates on Chasity. I'll be stuck in Vancouver tomorrow for a business deal, but if Derek dare lays a hand on her, I want you to call the police right away. Also call me as well so I can take the first flight out there." She added.

"Looks like I'll be giving my aunt a call then? I'll be right back." Keaton said, making his way  out of the kitchen.

"Tessa?"

"Yes mom?" I took a bite of the toast that was previously on the plate.

"I want you to remember that you are on this trip to try to convince Chasity to come home. But I've been watching you grow up your whole entire life, and you always strived for excellence. I want you to have fun too ok? If she doesn't come back with you, we will figure something out. Okay? I have to get ready for my trip, but just know that I love you no matter what."

"Love you too mom." She pulled me and Drake into a warm but breathe taking hug, literally. Drake waved off at her as she walked out of the room.

"I know that you are also going to Miami just to look at girls in bikinis."

"Chasity is also my sister too you know. Girls in bikinis are just a bonus. Be thankful I didn't pounce your boyfriends face."

"Looks like I was managed to book four tickets. Out flight is tonight at 11:30." He said as we walked into the room with his hands in his denim jean pockets. Let's just say his black v-neck t-shirt also did his abs justice too.

"Four tickets?" Drake asked as his eyebrow rose.

"Oh yea. My cousin is tagging along, Kaylenne." Once he said the word Kaylenne, Drake choked on his coffee.

"You should know her Drake. The girl with the pink dress at my party a while back." Keaton added.

"Fuck, I'm screwed." Drake mumbled under his breath. 

Note: Hey guys. Yea, I know that your mad for the delay in my update. My computer been a real pain in the ass. I typed this on my iphone, so excuse the mistakes (well I always make mistakes.) I need to get a hold of my editor soon. I'll probably edit it for real once the story is done. So anyways, I like to say that the winners for the couple name contes.

 1like2readadventure, for first posting the couple name Kessa, which has been quite popular.

I would also like to give a shoutout  CharlieBTimeToRead for the couple name Rocky Roads. (love the icecream flavour too!)

Also if you guys had noticed, I changed the cover back to the original one as it was a huge demand, also I missed it too! *-*

I love you guys! Thanks for being there to support me along the way. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 615 29
"Just have a little fun" Tia encouraged me while pulling out a mini dress "It's our senior year, live it to the fullest" I guess going to the par...
181K 4.8K 45
""Kitten, you're worried about something, and you cannae lie. You're picking at your hands and looking around to clean up my room. Unlucky for you, m...
760K 27K 55
"THE TRADITION!" In Richmond High, there has been a tradition that always happen every year at the month of May. Everyone in their senior year gets...
4K 187 35
Tessa O'Conner isn't your typical high school girl. She's had a cheating boyfriend, alcohol addiction, and she is a streetfighter. Nobody knows about...