Hold tight

By iwantlove

More

Hold tight

33 1 0
By iwantlove

"You have to punch it as if that bag just killed a liter of puppies" I pulled back my arm and
punched the punching back with all my might, it flew into the air and landed across the room. I bent over and gasped, trying to catch my breath. "You're doing great bell. You just have to put your mind power with your physical power and you can be unstoppable." Brad placed his hand on my back and i grinned. Brad better be glad he was excelling in looks because the man barely had 2 brain cells. I reached up and laced my hands around his neck.

"Well my mind powers and my physical powers want to kiss you very-" I pressed my chest aginst his "-very bad" I softly brushed my lips aginst his just enough for him to get distracted, he grinned and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You really are something, bella banks" He whispered and kissed me back harder. I ran my fingers up his neck to his hair,and tangled my hands in it. I could feel him adjust his body and he was pressed even closer to me.

"That will be quite enough." A stern voice made us jump apart and i blushed when i saw it was Kurt. Kurt was a big headed idiot who thought he controlled the place and felt like he could tell me what to do. The sad part was, Kurt was my gauridan so he could tell me what to do. "I did not assign you Mr.Johnson so you could be trained with your tounge. Bell, You have to stay focused. You need to get your training done before next week." Kurt's eye's saddened and as much as i hated his attitude, He cared for me, and i had to love him for that.

Next week. Next week was when i had to come out of my hiding place and face reality, literally. It wasn't the fact that i hated people, it was the fact that people.. Were no longer human. They were animals, starving for human blood, and next week i would have to come out of the ground and fight them to find other humans. When i say 'come out of the ground' i mean it. Years ago, When the night ones, or night walkers, we have all sorts of names for them, came out of hiding and nearly killed all the humans, turning them into night one's also, The humans that were left surviving built an underground facility called the Caplin's corporation. It's a very well organzied little city but it was underground, thankfully it is very secure also. The night ones know about us, but they cant find our location. The only reason the corporation would even let me out from the underground facility is because there is a chance there are still humans in the town above us. And we needed all the humans we could find.

"Kurt, I have been training non stop for a month! Cut me some slack here! and leave brad out of this, I can have relationships with who i want." I know my tone and defiant rebellious attitude was only going to piss him off even more but i really didnt care anymore.

"Bella, Please. You're only 17 don't act like you're an adult. I still have authority over you, and i say you need to focus one hundred and ten percent on the training." Kurt's eyes were on fire now and he took a few more steps inside the room, as if that mattered. "Why do you have to be like this? I already am good at training. And have you forgotten i also have mind powers or whatever the fuck they are." I raised my eyebrow at him and watched as his sighed in frustration.

I'm not some kind of witch or whatever but kurt told me when i was born, i was born with some kind of disfunction in my brain. My parents worked in a lab facility and they had just invented some kind of chemical that they thought could help me. I wasn't the first one to try it, but when they injected it into me, it bonded with my blood and made me.. More inhuman. I had double the strength most people wouldn't, I had mind tricks too. Whenever i concentrated hard enough on an object, i could make it fly across the room or i could levitate it. It would exhauste me of course, make me dissy and sometimes make me faint but it really was impressive. I was still ordianry, i was just a bit different and like a much better upgraded version of a human. After my parents saw what the chemical stuff did to me, they were shocked. It could have been a worldwide expirement except when they tried it on other people, it didn't do anything except heal their wounds, if they had any.

"No i have not, But that does not give you any reason to slack off. I dont want you to die out there bella, You dont know just how bad those night ones are. You weren't old enough to remember how brutally your mother and father were killed. I was your dads bestfriend and if i hadnt been there to hide you, You would have had the same fate as them. Death." His voice was a deep husky one and i let out a deep breath. I was only 5. Of course i wouldn't remeber. I glanced over at brad and watched as he stared at the wall infront of him uncomfortably. Brad was 22, I was aware of the fact that he was 5 years older than me but it seemed like he was the only thing keeping me from going insane. We weren't officially dating, but we were much more than just friends. No one really approved of our relationship, but that didnt matter to me. It seemed to bother brad alot, i could see it in his eyes. I dont understand why.

"Ok. Fine. Whatever" I grumbled and threw my hands up in the air, surrendering. "I'll train until its time, warden" I glared at him. It was so tempting to use my mind levitation powers and make it fly across the room so it would hit kurt in the face, but i couldn't. I knew he was looking out for me. "Great. I will leave you alone, but brad you know whats expected of you. Don't do something you know you will regret. Keep your mind only on her training." He gave brad a murderous look and it took all the nerve i had not to levitate that bag. Kurt left the training room and me and brad were left alone once more. I turned to brad and smiled. "Where were we?" I grinned and reached up to wrap my hands around his neck but brad grabbed my wrists.

"Bell don't. As much as i uhh, uhm, like you, We can't continue doing this. You know everyone hates me because they think im taking advantage of you." The words peirced my heart, he couldnt even say he liked me without stuttering. I tilted my head and stared at him. "Why do you care so much what everyone thinks? Why cant we just do what we want?" I asked, frustrated.

"Because this isnt what i want bell! You think i like walking around and everyone glaring at me down here? There's only about a hundred of us here but it still hurts to be judged by everyone of them. You're so young. So so young. I cant do this" He looked at me as if he waited for me to understand but i just grew frustrated. I ripped my wrists from out of his grasp and stepped back from him.

"Fine, Then do what you want." I growled and turned around punching the other punching bag behind me. "Dont be like that bell, we'r friends still right? I can still help you train?" He walked over to my side and smiled at me, but the more he acted like this was fine, the more it angered me and the more my punches seemed to damage the bag.

"No, No you cant." I replied calmly. He stared at me with slight confusion and i stopped punching the bag and stared back. "Why not?" He asked, and licked his bottom lip, sign of nervousness. "Because you, brad johnson, have just been fired" I smiled at him before i walked over to the end of the wall, picked up my bag and headed out towards my wing in the facility. My feet echoed throughout the empty hall and i bit my lip. This was not how i planned this day to go. I mean, its not like i am a child? Im almost 18 for fucks sake. Why couldn't everyone see that? If they were going to send me out on a mission back to the world humans once owned then why couldn't they accept me for an adult? I opened my room door and slammed it shut behind me, My gun lay on my bed, full loaded. I stared at it, What i wouldnt give to put a bullet straight through brad's handsome face. I threw my bag to the side and flopped down on my bed. If they couldn't even accept me for my relationship with brad how could they accept me for the freak i am? The girl with weird mind problems. Maybe that was why they were sending me out to the night one's world, to get me killed.

It did kind of make sense, I mean they all voted me to go out there. All except kurt of course, he fought for me, but the majority of the humans had already voted and he was greatly out numbered. I was actually really excited to go out and see this world the rest of the people down here are afraid too even talk about. How bad could it be? Of course i hated the night one's for what they did to my parents and to my world but couldn't we do something instead of just hiding down here? I looked at the clock and saw it was already 9:30, my muscles were exhausted and so was i. I quickly dove under my covers and my eye's instantly shut.

By the time i stumbled into the training room the next morning i couldn't help but miss brad's smiling face, He wouldnt be here to encourage me anymore. I was on my own. I shrugged off my jacket and and took a sip from my water bottle. I pulled my long dark hair into a pony tail and eyed the punching bag. I quickly ran over towards it and gave it a roundhouse kick. it spun around as it swung from the rope and i gave a punch, making it spin more. I did a few more kicks and alot more punches before i stopped the bag from swinging and gazed down at the mat. I backed up a few steps and took a running lead as i flipped 3 times in the air and kicked the bag, i hit it with enough force it broke from the rope and flew across the room like yesterday's. I striaghtned up and watched as a single applause filled the silent room. I looked over and saw kurt, his eyes bright and shining. "You're ready" They were only two words. Two words that had sent me off on a mission that i could never forget. A mission that led me to the truth. The whole truth.

It didn't take long for that week to fly by, and before i knew it i was getting suited up in a black sleek tight body suit and combat boots.It even had the C.C logo on it, for our corporation. I had to say i looked badass and i grinned. "The black is to blend you in with the night, so it will be easier for you to get around in the dark. The combat boots are sturdy and hold up well. When you kick with them, they give your opponent or whatever a little more pain then just a regular shoe." Susan explained my whole outift to me then handed me a black belt with a few slings that looked like gun holders on the side. "Here dear, put this on"

I took the belt and put it around my waist,it hung limply on my himps and i tried to adjust it so it would fight tighter,but it wouldn't. "Im sorry about that dear, its a little lose but it will stay on,so dont worry, Here are your guns and other supplies" She handed me two fully loaded guns and showed me were to stick them in the slings on the side's of my hips. The rest of the gadgets was a knife, some rope, a tiny bottle of what looked like water, and a bag full of food,water, and more amo that i could carry on my back. I stuck the knife in my boot and held the tiny bottle of water in my hand, giving kurt and susan a confused look. "Whats this supposed to do? I already have water supplies" I stated

"Well actually dear, thats holy water. There's an old tale that the holy water,once splashed on something evil, burns them." Susan smiled and her wrinkly little face, made me smile also. I looked at kurt with a smirk. "Hey, it wont hurt to carry it. If you happen to run into one of those night walkers throw it at them and see if it works, if it doesnt, well it will be distracted long enough for you to run off." Kurt's smiling spirit melted off his face and he pulled me into a hug. I look around at the room of people who were waiting for me to be sent off, their eyes anxious, scared, and a few relieved. My eyes met brads and he stepped up beside susan and kurt. "Bella, Dont you dare die on me, you hear? You best be back" Susan's small figure crushed me into a bear hug and i squeezed her back. The woman was old but she was like a mother to me. Brad glanced at me uneasily before he also brought me into a hug, he didnt say anything but i could see in his eyes, he was scared and worried. I didn't blame him, so was i.

The last person i hugged was Kurt, His big arms wrapped around me and i held onto him tightly "Be safe, I love you kid There's one last thing i want to mention to you." He glanced at susan and brad and we walked a few feet away from them before kurt pulled me close. "You remember that watch i gave you last night?" He asked, his hands tight on my shoulders. "Yea, its really pretty thank you" I grinned at him. "You see that latch on the side of it? Flip it up" I looked closely at the watch and flipped the little latch up. The top part of the watch pulled back and i saw a single red button. It was like a hidden spring, the watch was fake. "I planted a chip inside that suite you're wearing, and before i continue with this i have to tell you that you only go to this option when you have nothing left to do. Anyway, i planted a small chip inside of your suite. If one of those night creatures get you and they try to turn you, you flip that watch up and press that button. It will explode the chip inside of your suite and you will die a quick easy death." His eyes scanned mine and i could see he was tearing up. Could it really come to this?

"I- I will." I cleared my throat. He brought me into one last hug. "Remember, shoot them in the head and then stab them int the heart, i've heard that works. And stay out of the city's, Night ones are popular there." He gave me a hopeful smile before we reached the door no one had opened in nearly 15 years. Kurt typed in a passcode and the huge steel door slowly started to open. I looked back at all the people i had known most of my life and gave them a hopeful smile, they waved at me and smiled back. My eyes met brads once again but this time he turned around and walked through the crowd. I drew in a deep breath and stepped through the door. The door shut immediatly behind me and i found myself in a cave, So we lived under a cave.. Ok.

I walked for about an hour trying to find out were the exit was when i suddenly saw a dark sky with twinkling stars. Stars i hadn't seen in 15 years. I smiled, it was a beautiful site. I couldn't belive i was above ground. I slowly stepped out of the cave and into the cool night air, the cave was in a meadow, with real grass and a few wild flowers. i silently squealed with delight as i gently bent down and plucked a few flowers,the grass brushed my fingers and i realized the closest i had ever been to grass since i lived underground was the story books i read, The story's had flowers and grass and animals and all sorts of stuff.

I held the flowers in my hand before i reached down and plucked a few more. Something brushed my leg and i instantly dropped the flowers and grabbed my gun. I found myself staring at a small creature, with big ears and a tiny little nose. I remembered from my story book, this was a rabbit. I laughed at myself and stuck my gun back in its place at my hip. I looked across the field and i saw the town the humans were rumored to be at, It wasnt too far away, about a mile and a half. I made sure i walked through the grass quietly and before i knew it i was in the town. It looked oridnary, it was just dead quiet. I could see a small supermarket on the corner and A tire shop across from it. I carefully pressed myself aginst the Tire shop wall and began to quetly look inside the windows and see if i could see anything. The windows were streaked with dirt and dust so i couldnt look far. I quietly scitted over to the Deli shop beside it and saw the door had been ripped off. I grabbed my gun, and quickly stepped inside the entrance, it was deserted. Chairs were flopped on their side, molded bread was lying on the floor.

I went through about 10 more stores and shops before i got tired. I looked for a safe alley and crouched myself inside of its darkness. The sky began to change into a baby blue and a pink dot could be soon in the horizon, I figured out that this was sunrise.

I slept a few hours in the alley, hidden completely by a rotting dumpster that smelt so terrible it made my eyes water. I hadn't slept long because once i woke up, i looked across the street to the blinking sign that said 12:35. I only slept 4 hours. I quietly got up and quickly moved out of the alley. If i was a human, were would i hide? I carefully looked ahead at the rest of the twon i had to look through and realized that no human could survive here. How could they feed themselves? Fresh water? What about shelter? All the houses and stores here were either broken down or burnt. This trip was a waste. I thought about turning around and going back but what would they think of me? I had only been out here on day, They'd think i was scared. And i most defiently was not scared.

I sighed, while i was here i might as well check out what lay beyond the town. I squinted my eyes at the blazing sun and quietly began to move through the town. Ever so often i'd hear something rattle, or some kind of clanging noise but it always turned out to be some kind of animal. These.. Animals wer beautiful, grace like creatures. They were silent and quick.

By the time i reached what looked like the outskirts of the town it was already growing dusk. I realized this was sunset. I saw one house that seemed stable and actually looked pretty decent. I needed to camp out somewere and it was safer in there than it was out here. I walked up the porch and wiggled the doorknob only to find it was locked. I took two steps back then shoved my foot forceful aginst the door, making it spring open. I grabbed my gun and pointed it straight ahead incase there were any suprises. Nothing but dust and turned over furniture. I gently closed the door behind me and reached inside of my bag for a water bottle, I gulped it down then proceeded to search the house. It was small, not something marvelous like i'd seen in my picture books. There were bloodstain's on the wall but this didn't suprise me.

I checked all the rooms and was about to go lay down on the broken down couch when i saw one door that was shut, I once again grabbed my gun and quietly tiptoed towards the door. I held my breath and slowly turned the kno, the door creaked open and what i saw i wouldn't ever be able to forget. There was blood everywere, there were words written in blood. 'Help'. 'hungry'. 'dieing'.'kill me'. But that wasn't what made me scream loud enough, it could wake the dead. I saw three corpses laying across the floor, one appeared to be a woman, another appeared to be a man, and the last one looked like a young teenage girl. Their flesh was rotting off, their eyes were open and sunken in, their bodys in unatural angles, and dried dark blood clung to their clothing and faces. I shut the door quickly and started to shake from fright. Kurt was right, I didn't know how bad it was out here. That looked like an innocent family, How could someone do that? Be so cruel? I realized why my body was shaking, I was crying. I sank down the wall and covered my face with my hands as i took a deep breath. Get yourself together, Banks. You can do this.

I picked myself up off the floor and closed my eyes tightly, I would never be able to erase that image. How long had they been lieing there? Years? Months? Days? Was that the family i could have saved? I was still shaking but i no longer cried. I looked across the living room and saw a single crooked photo, barely hanging onto the wall. I stepped closer and saw it was the family i just saw. It was a professionaly made photo, they were smiling and their eyes bright. The parents held a baby, which i guess was the dead teenage girl i saw. I looked at the bottom and saw the photo was made in 2015. Only 14 years ago, this photo was only made 14 years ago. That meant the family had been living out here for quiet a while, they had survived when the night creatures took over. The girl i had seen looked about 14. They had died this year, and that blood didn't look to old, which meant they could have been killed either days ago or a month or two. And i arrived too late. I blinked and realize, the creatures that killed that family could be very well still hiding out in this town. They could have heard me scream!

My hand was still wrapped tightly around the gun, and i held my breath and listened for any sign of foosteps or noises. I had good hearing, but i heard nothing. I decided i was safe and i turned the lock on the door just in case and carefully lay on the couch. I couldn't sleep in the same house with bodies in the next room, but it was dark, and Kurt said the creatures come out at night, that is when they hunger for blood.

I got no sleep that night, how could i? By the time i saw the sunrise i stumbled out of the house and walked down the road, I turned around and looked at how far i was away from the home i lived in. Did i want to go back? Of Course. Was i going to stay above ground and see as much as i could while i could? Obviously. It's not that this world interested me that much, i think it was the fact it was so different than how i pictured it to be. It was beautiful, and dangerous. A mixture i loved. The farther i walked down the road, the more buildings i saw, was it possible i was headed towards a city? My question was answered two hours later when i saw a sign that made my heartstop. "Welcome to New York".

This was the city susan had talked so much about, the city blake had dreamed about visting. And i could see why. THe buildings were huge, skyscrapers. Hundreds of windows on every building, most were shattered but it still looked beautiful, dazziling in the light of the sun. I stared in awe, taking in as much of the glorious city as i could. It was so big, so roomy. There were deserted cars all over the streets, their doors open and broken down. It looked like this city was abonden but i knew better, I heard what kurt told me. I looked around for any sign of movement but i saw nothing, was it possible that Kurt was wrong? I began to ponder this as i took a few more steps into the city limits. My body began to shudder and i quickly glanced around. I saw no one, but i knew something was there. It was then i felt a hand grab my neck from behind and i let out a scream, a scream that nearly cost me my life. I saw bodys begin to suddenly appear, things that looked human but had red eyes and a mouth full razor sharp teeth. It wasn't regular teeth either, these things had all too many teeth clustered up, it looks like the inside of a piranahs mouth. I realized that i was surrounded by the night walkers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 188 5
What if the Sirius Black had a daughter? What if the day James and Lily Potter died, Alexia Black disappeared? What if she was now living in Mystic...
113K 5.4K 22
'You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye And I got that red lip classic thing that you like And when we go crashing down, we come back ever...
1.7M 98.4K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
12.6K 489 42
"Don't ever think that we're friends." Avyugh gritted. "Aw, I thought we were past that," Alarion grinned, taking up Avyugh's space. "I will make yo...