Finding My Masquerade Man

By LoveStory20

Ella’s your typical ‘Cinderella’, she has an evil stepmother, three stepsisters, and her mother and father ar... More

Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 1
Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 2
Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 3
Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 4
Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 5
Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 6
Finding My Masquerade Man - Chapter 7
Finding My Masquerade Man - Epilogue

Finding My Masquerade Man - Prologue

3.9K 49 5
By LoveStory20

                                                                    Prologue

I ran as fast as I could home, losing one of my shoes at the door of the school.  I had to beat them home, it wasn’t an option. I just had to.  As I ran home it started raining and I almost fell a couple times, but I kept going.  I ran through the door to my ‘room’ and changed into my scrubs, putting the dress in my secret compartment in the wall along with the crown and the one shoe I have left.  I quickly filled a bucket with water and grabbed my scrubbing brush.  I walked to the main hall and started scrubbing the floor trying to even my breathing.  I wiped some dirt on my forehead and splashed water on my face.  My stepsisters walked in right on cue.

“So how was it?” I asked.

“Fine.”

“Amazing.”

“Good.”

They stared at me watching my every move before walking upstairs talking about the dance.

“Who do you think she was?”

“I don’t know, but she seemed familiar.”

“Maybe she is new?”

I listened to their conversation trying to hold back my smirk.  Let me tell you how it all started.

                                                                   *6 hours ago*

“Ella!” My three stepsisters yelled.  Yeah, Yeah, I know, oh you have three stepsisters that’s so cool. Not!  My stepsisters saw me as hired help; a servant.  I quickly walked into the room they were getting ready in.

“Ella, do my hair!” Miranda yelled.

“Ella, tie my dress!” Melissa yelled.

“Ella, I can’t find my extensions!” Melinda yelled.

Melissa had black hair and bangs straight across her forehead.  She had brown eyes and loved to give makeovers to people.  She always tries to get me to be one of her victims but seeing as the last ones hair fell out I don’t think that is such a good idea.

Melinda had caramel brown hair with side bangs.  She had brown eyes just like Melissa but hated helping people let alone do anything for her. 

Now Miranda was a different story, she had a hair color in between Melissa’s and Melinda’s and it was always curly.  She had greenish hazel eyes and was the worst out of all of them.  She was always giving me extra chores and made it worse for me.  Once when I was cleaning the floor she accidentally spilt punch all over making a sticky mess.  Then another time I had just finished cleaning the floor she let in a stray dog that had been rolling in the mud.  But I could swear it was her friends dog Puffles but I’m over it.

I sighed and got to work.  After braiding Miranda’s hair at least 15 times, tying Melissa’s dress 6 times because it didn’t ‘look’ right, and finding Melinda’s extensions I was exhausted.

“Ella, now do my hair,” Melinda said.  I sighed inwardly and got to work.  After I did Melinda’s hair they put on their dresses and I almost burst out laughing.

Melissa had on a strapless dress that looked like something Lady Gaga would wear.  It was bright red and had wiring all over that made it poof.

Melinda wore a yellow one shoulder dress that looked like big bird.  The top was pretty but then you got to the bottom and it was all feathers.

Miranda was wearing a strapless brown dress that had some bright blue on it and looked like she was a peacock.  I have to say it didn’t look as bad as the other’s but it still looked ridiculous.

They started walking out the door, and I handed them their masks.

 “Have a good time!” I yelled.  They ignored me like usual and got in the carriage they rented.  Yes a freaking carriage, they said they wanted to arrive in ‘style’.

I ran upstairs once they left and took a relaxing shower.  After getting out I walked to my room and put on my dress.  It was a simple strapless purple dress that puffed out as it goes down.  It took me a couple months to save up the money to buy the material so I could make it.  But I finally got enough and it looked amazing.  I put my hair in a pony tail that had half below it and pinned up the stuff in the pony tail.  I curled the hair that was loose and started my makeup.  I put simple white around my eyes with a little touch of purple at the corners.  I slipped on my mother’s glass slippers that she gave to me before she passed away and put on my mask.  I walked downstairs and saw the workers gathered below the steps staring at me.  Sure there were other workers but my stepsisters and stepmother always wanted to push me to the limit.  I heard a few gasp and saw some tears in their eyes. 

I laughed, “So what do you think?”

“You’re so beautiful chicka,” Sara the chef said.  Sara was the closest to me; she was like a second mother to me.  I hugged her, and begged myself not to cry.

“Thanks mum,” I said hugging her.

“Now get going,” she said releasing me from her grip.

I walked out the door waving to them and got in the car driving to the school.

As I walked into the gym, I looked around gaping at the beautiful decorations.  I looked around and noticed everyone was looking at me.  I felt my cheeks heat up as the spotlight shone on me.  I walked down the steps and tried focusing on not tripping.  Yes our school gym has stairs; sadly we use it for our stairs climbing exercise.  I finally made it to the bottom and walked over to the refreshments grabbing a cookie and taking a bite.  I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

“Would you like to dance?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said taking his hand.

We went out to the middle of the dance floor and he rested his arm on my waist.  I rested my head on his shoulder as we danced.

After dancing for what seemed like a couple minutes, which turned out to be an hour, he asked, “Would you like to go out in the garden?”

I nodded and flowed after him holding onto his warm hand. 

Once we got out into the garden he asked, “So do I know you, I feel like I’ve seen you before.”

“Well I’ve been in this same school since I was little, my mom never liked to move,” I said remembering my mom.

“You must really love your mom,” He said.

I nodded, “She was a great woman.”

“Was?” he asked confused.

“Yeah, she passed away when I was 6,” I said.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” He said.

I shook my head, “Don’t be.”

“So, is it just you and your dad?” he asked.

I shook my head again, “I live with my step mother and three stepsisters, my dad pasted away two years ago.”

“Wow,” He said looking at me sympathetically.

“I don’t mind- oh why am I lying I hate it, they treat me like a servant,” I said.

“That’s terrible,” He said.

I nodded, “Yeah but what am I supposed to do, I don’t have any other family.”

He turned to me and took my hands in his, looking straight in my eyes he said, “You’re so beautiful, how could they treat you like that?”

I blushed, “They do whatever they want.”

“Come on, I want to show you something,” he said smiling like a fool.  I followed him laughing like a little kid.  He brought me through a secret passage; it opened up to a beautiful garden.  It was much more beautiful than the school’s which was not taken care of.

“Wow,” I said looking around.

“I know, I found this place last year, I always come here if I am sad or need time to myself,” he said.

“You don’t mind if I come here, do you?” I asked.

“Of course not,” He said, “But first, can I?” He motioned to my mask.

I shook my head and he reached out to take it off.

As his fingers touched my skin, my phone vibrated.  I pulled back and took it out looking at it.

“I have to go,” I said getting up and started to walk away.

“Wait, I don’t even know your name!” he yelled as I started running.  I ran out of the gym and out of the school.

*Present*

So that’s what happened.

I went into my room for bed after I finished cleaning.  I looked for my phone so I could charge it and stopped in place.  Oh crap, don’t tell me I dropped that too.  I was lucky I even got to have that phone.

                                                                Mystery Man’s P.O.V.

I ran after her hoping I could at least catch her so I could get her name.  But dang she was fast.  I walked out of the school and saw one of her shoes; I walked over to it and picked it up.  Right next to it I saw her phone and also picked it up.  I opened it and found out her name was Ella, well that narrows it down to around 10 girls.  Now all I needed to do was to find my Cinderella.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so I am writing this story and just got addicted (that's why I haven't been uploading All Is Fair In Love And War, sorry).  So tell me what you think, if you like, hate it.  Comment, Vote!

Love You All - Megan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 107K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...