The Gilbert Twins: A Looming...

By stvckinmyhead

Originally - Gilbert Twins: Your Face Looks Familiar ✨✨✨✨✨ What happens when a mysterious yet familiar face r... More

Intro
Taster
Chapter 1: The Return
Chapter 2: The Names Katalina, Katalina Gilbert
Chapter 3: Saving You Makes Us Cool, Right?
Chapter 4: A Fun Stefan And Dead John? Is It My Birthday(?)
Chapter 5: You Want Me To What Now?
Chapter 6: Your Boyfriends A Suicidal Blood Junkie? Tough Luck...
Chapter 7: How Many Times Do You Have To Stab Your Mom For Bad Karma?
Chapter 8: All That For A Hug?
Chapter 9: Another Me?
Chapter 10: Too Many Vampire's Are My Friends
Chapter 11: Why Am I Going Again?
Chapter 12: Bored
Chapter 13: Lemonade Can Be Poisonous To Your Kind?
Chapter 14: Look What Your ABC's Got Me Into!
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Chapter 15: What's With Me Getting Hurt Now-A-Day's?
Chapter 16: Hello Mr. Fancy Suit!
Chapter 17: Katherine's Not Dead?
Chapter 18: Why Can't I Punch You?
Chapter 19: There's A Hottie At My Door...Trust me, This Isn't A Punishment
Chapter 20: Hmph...I Didn't Expect That To Upset Me That Much...
Chapter 21: I Would Rather Be Sacrificed Than Be Civil To That A$$hat
Chapter 22: And I'm A Third Wheel Because?...
Chapter 23: Do I Say Hon?
Chapter 24: Freedom Looks Good On You
Chapter 25: I'll Have A Mother Cooked Medium Well To Well Done Please...
Chapter 26: Should I Regret It?...
Chapter 27: Mr. Fancy Suit Ain't Lookin' So Fancy
Chapter 28: Either Way, I'm Not Surviving This...
!AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Chapter 29: The Darkness Is Suffocating...

6.1K 141 11
By stvckinmyhead

😿

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a24fa7923b301fd259e65315661f40c2/tumblr_mh79s7pp7i1qacuhyo5_250.gif.

"Where are we going?" I complained as the b!t**y little witch pushed me through the woods.

"This way" she replied.

"Could you get any more vague?" I snapped.

"Yes" she used the same bored tone.

"Are you that witch's sister? What was his name?...Luka!" I smiled when I remembered. "You're the reason they came to town with Elijah, they died to find you yet you don't seem to give a f**k."

"Well, they were wasting their time. I wasn't lost" she continued to lead me.

"Well, wasn't that spiritual(?!)" I muttered and tripped slightly over a hidden root. "Can't you do some candle sh!t so I can see where the frick I'm going?" I complained. Instead of answering me she waved her hands and allowed a few fire pits to ignite, I can see! I Can See! I grinned. "Thanks, witch b!**h" my grin dropped when I turned away from her and saw a body lying on the ground. "Jenna?" I recognized, rushing beside her and attempting to shake her awake. "Jenna, Jenna! Jenna? Hey, hey, Jenna! JENNA!" I checked for a pulse. "Oh, my god, No" I whispered. "No, no, no, Jenna. No" I looked up at Greta. "He killed her?" my eyes watered. "Why? I-I did everything that he asked."

She gasped to life as my voice broke, "She's not dead" Greta answered as I brushed Jenna's hair away from her face. "She's in transition" Greta grinned when I looked back at her. "If you'll excuse me" Greta allowed the fire to darken slightly as she walked over to some specially placed rocks, a good distance from us.

"Oh, my head" Jenna groaned slightly while holding it. "What's wrong with me?"

"Do you remember what happened?" I avoided the question.

"You called me. You were so scared. Elena and I got worried. Oh, ah, we should have realized that it wasn't you. The second we walked out of the house someone grabbed me--" I cut her off.

"What about Elena? Did you see what happened to Elena?" I rushed out, feeling a lump in my throat.

"Ummm, hold on--a vampire grabbed me. He made me drink his blood. And I don't..." I sighed "But...I think, umm..." my interest peaked.

"But what Jenna?" I pleaded.

"Your face, it must have been Elena. She looked heartbroken and just before I blacked out that same vampire seemed to smirk at her" my blood ran cold with Jenna's words.

"Klaus. His names Klaus" I gritted my teeth while speaking his name, he better not hurt my sister.

"Where are we? What-a--what happened?" Jenna questioned.

"We're at the quarry. He brought us here" I explained calmly.

"Why don't I remember anything after blacking out?" she panicked.

"Jenna, do you remember...Did Elena ever telling you how someone becomes a vampire?" I avoided a straight answer.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." she caught onto the look I was giving her. "Oh, god" she realized. "He killed me."

"Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me, everything's going to be ok. I'm going to get you out of here" I promised.

"I'm a vampire?" she wanted me to point-blank say it.

"And I bet you're hungry" Greta disturbed my answer. I spotted a sharp rock and ran for it, only to be pushed back by her magic, I gave a slight yelp as I hit the ground but was trapped as I stood in a ring of fire. Moving to pass through it, not caring if I got hurt. But I couldn't get past it, a barrier stopped me. Are you kidding?! It's Bonnie and the house all over again. "Don't bother trying to get through. I've spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do."

"Oh, you don't know how much I wanna slap that smug look off of your b!t**y little face!" I growled as she slit her wrist and allowed blood to drip freely. "No, no! Greta, please! Just let her go, she didn't do anything! Just let her go!" I pleaded.

"Klaus chose her" Greta acted like it was a god's wish.

"And my hair's brunette, do you wanna point out more obvious things?(!)" I snarked.

"Drink it" she ordered Jenna, holding her wrist close to Jenna's face.

"Jenna, Don't!" I tried to break through the blood haze.

"I can't" Jenna denied.

"Let Her Go. Hey!" I tried again as Jenna's face neared the blood. "NO!" I shouted in frustration as Jenna bit into Greta's wrist, looking up to heaven as she drank.

"That's enough" Greta pushed Jenna away, turning back to her little stone set-up.

"Jenna, it's gonna be okay" who am I trying to convince here? Greta set a circle around Jenna also before I spoke again. "Jenna. Hey, look at me" I encouraged, she did in a slow fashion, her vampire features getting used to the face. "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay" I continuously whispered, praying it would be.

-TIME SKIP-

"How are you feeling?" I paced in my circle as Jenna sat nervously in hers.

"I feel like myself...only not" she admitted. "Everything is brighter. And-uh, the fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything" Jenna went into detail.

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts" I explained while continuing my pacing.

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Jenna's words caused me to still, then turn to her.

"No" I stated firmly. "Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do." Loud groaning and the snapping of bones pulled my eyes away from Jenna.

"Who's that?" Jenna asked.

"That must be the werewolf" I answered as Greta pushed a blonde towards us, dropping her on the floor, she continued to groan and writhe in pain.

"What's happening to me?" Blondie panted.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free" Greta smirked during her explanation before walking back and creating another circle around the growling woman.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. You either hit your head really hard or that British dude's really good in bed, for you to go against that(!)" seriously Kat? Can you take nothing seriously?

"Do you expect me to suddenly be on your side? Are you hoping to give me a heartfelt speech, then everything will change and I'll help you?" she mocked.

"No, I'm stalling. It's only a matter of time before my friends show up to save Jenna, hopefully, when they do I get a show as they kill you in the slowest and most painful way possible. One thing I know for certain, your not going to make it through the night" I glared, her eyes widened slightly and she gulped.

"There's that fire I'm coming accustomed to" my head shot to the cocky hybrid, but my eyes widened as I saw my twin standing next to him.

"Elena..." I whispered. "Elena?! ELENA?!" I tried to grab her attention, why is she ignoring me? Just staring straight ahead, a painful look on her face.

"Don't bother love, she won't respond" Klaus smirked.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER, YOU B**TARD?!" I shouted with all the rage I could muster.

"I thought Jenna wasn't enough to send your admirer a message, so why not have your darling sister watch you both die?" my mouth dropped open. "Until you are both dead, little Elena is compelled to stand still and watch, no words will she utter, but every bit of pain will she feel as she watches two people she loves die before her" he gripped Elena's shoulder's and she flinched, only then did I notice her missing necklace.

"Don't do this. I'm begging you, please. I didn't try to evade or ruin your stupid ritual, please don't make them suffer" I pleaded with the monster in front of me.

"Ahhh, the bond of family. So strong...it makes you so weak. And too many weaknesses make the life for your enemies incredibly easy" I scoffed at him.

"From what I know, you're my only enemy. And thanks to you I'm about to die. Would it really hurt your ego so much if you let them go, got another vampire?" I grew angry again.

"Such a smart tongue" he mused.

"Such a d!*kbag personality" I replied with a hand on my hip.

"Sorry, love" he refused my request.

"Woooow(!) God you're a pathetic villain, not even Katherine would pull this" I chuckled. Hey, if you can't beat 'em, judge 'em.

-TIME SKIP-

Blondie's groans grew ever more annoying as I tried to grab Elena's attention. Her eyes showed she understood everything I was saying, how she was desperate to talk to me yet...she stood completely still near Greta, eyes following Klaus' movements.

"Everything I did..." Blondie caught my attention as I gave up on Elena. "I was just trying to help Tyler" wait, I know who this is.

"You're Jules?" my tone was uninterested with a hint of anger. "You're the reason Rose is dead?"

"I didn't want him to be alone!" was her reason.

"Shall we?" I took my eyes away from her, now watching Klaus as he neared her. The ring of fire fizzled out and Jules ran at Klaus in an attack, guess she's gonna die fighting. And die she did when Klaus plunged his hand into her chest and pulled her heart out. He walked over to Greta's little setup and squeezed the heart, allowing the blood to drip into Greta's voodoo before he spoke again "Does that mean it's working?"

"It's working" Greta stopped her chanting to smile at him.

I fell to my knees at the thought of Jenna being next, where's hero hair when you need him? "The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was?" Jenna's voice dragged me from my thoughts.

"No more smoking pot?" I guessed and she chuckled slightly.

"...Isn't there someone else who can do this?" she revealed.

"Jenna, there was no one else who could have gotten Elena and Jeremy through all of that" I promised her.

"It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of them, of you" her eyes watered.

"But you didn't. And I don't want you to regret a split-second thought, a fleeting vision. An amazing person once told me: 'Don't get held up on the regrets--It's a waste of time'. You put your entire life on hold to help us, and you did an amazing job" I made clear.

She scoffed slightly, "Look around, Kat! I failed you!" she blamed.

"No!" I stated firmly. "You didn't. I failed you. I'm so sorry" I took a deep breath. "Listen. Being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt. But it also makes you stronger and faster. You can fight back. I'm gonna get through this. I'll be okay, Elena and I will both be ok. I need you to believe that" I took a deep breath. "Promise me, when you get the chance..." I placed a finger on my lips before mouthing 'Run' to her.

Klaus neared us as she nodded. "Hello, Jenna" he greeted, and I spied a badly whittled stake in his hand.

"Let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" I stood and moved forward as I talked, the fire growing in activity as a warning and I stepped back to protect myself.

"Careful" Klaus warned.

"What if I'm not?" I asked.

"Kat, don't" Jenna warned, catching on to my idea.

"If I die, albeit painfully, you don't have a doppelganger, you can't complete the sacrifice right?" I stepped forward again, but when the fire flared I didn't step back.

"Don't be stupid love" Klaus glared.

"Let her go then. You already have my twin watching me die, do you really need to kill my Aunt as well? I followed your rules. I did everything that you asked. I didn't run" I reminded him "Please."

"Well, well. I don't recall you being on the guest list" I frowned at Klaus' choice of words. He looked up at a hill and I followed his line of vision, gasping slightly as I saw Stefan. "Very well, then" Klaus looked at Jenna before appearing at the top of the hill and next to Stefan.

"What's going on?" Jenna asked me as we watched them.

"I-I don't know" I stuttered, then remembered. "You can hear them" she frowned at me as I looked at her. "You can hear anything. Jus-just focus on them" I ordered. Jenna stared intently at them, and I prayed it would work. "What are they saying?" I asked after giving her a minute.

"I can't--I can't make it out" Jenna shook her head in frustration.

"You can do this" I encouraged. "Just relax. Focus."

"I can hear him. I hear Stefan" she was slightly in awe.

"What are they saying?" I repeated.

"Oh, my god" Jenna exclaimed after another moment.

"What is it?" I frowned.

"He wants to take my place" I heard a strained choke behind me with her answer, turning I saw a teary-eyed Elena, forced to hold back her emotions until there too dark to deal with. "Kat..." Jenna trailed off as she noticed my sudden pacing.

"I have to do something. This can't happen. None of it" I stressed.

"Quite the predicament" Klaus was in front of us again. "You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish."

"Stefan..." I whispered.

"It's ok" he tried to smile.

"Well. Who's it going to be, Katalina?" Klaus pointed his stake between the two of them.

"I--I'm sorry Stefan" my answer pulled a nod of understanding from him.

"Ohhh, how sweet. But don't worry. There's actually no choice" he rushed behind Stefan and staked him in the back.

My "NO! STEFAN!" paired with Stefan's scream in agony. "No!" Klaus snapped the stake and left half embedded in Steffie's back before he began talking again.

"I have, other plans for your savior" Klaus stated mysteriously. "I want him alive. But for now..." he snapped Stefan's neck and I gasped in shock. "Whenever you're ready, Greta" Klaus called out to the witch behind him and I watched as Jenna's ring vanished.

"No" I denied, angry I didn't have more time to stop this.

"Your turn" Klaus looked at Jenna.

"No, Jenna, No!" the fire grew and kept me back again during my protests.

"It's all right, Kat. I know what I have to do" my eyes watered with Jenna's words before I watched her rush beside Greta and viciously bite into her neck, the victory was cut short by Klaus.

"NO!" I shouted as he stabbed her in the side with the remainder of his stake, she groaned in pain as he pulled her away, removed the stake and dropped her to the ground. "Jenna, No!" I began sobbing as she looked up at me. "Just turn it off" I cried. "Jenna. Turn it off" I whispered. "You won't be scared anymore" her face went blank before Klaus flipped her on her back, for a moment he looked at her, stared in the eyes of the life he was destroying before aggressively staking her heart. "NOOO! JENNA!" escaped me as I fell to my knees, bringing my hands to my mouth a muffled "NO! JENNA!" got out as I watched her skin turn gray.

-TIME SKIP-

I sat cross-legged in my circle of fire, only gasping slightly as the crying slowly stopped. She wasn't scared, she was strong, my Aunt Jenna. She was amazing, my Aunt Jenna. Always knew how to cheer you up, always played the 'cool Aunt' when mom and dad left the room, was always there...But now she's dead, she's dead because Klaus doesn't have a heart, doesn't know what love is, doesn't care what the word 'Family' means. I'm his doppelganger. No matter what I did to make sure this sacrifice was a success, he'd still kill someone I care about for someone else's mistake, punish me, the one's I love because he can, because he feel's like it.

A man as heartless as that doesn't deserve the beautiful British accent.

I watched as Stefan began to wake up, looking behind him slightly to see a dead Jenna on display "No" he seemed to whisper before looking back at me. "I'm so sorry" he apologized, I ignored it.

"Shhh" I held my finger to my lips calmly. "Are they gonna kill him?" I whispered in the quietest of voices.

'Yes' he mouthed.

"It's time" Klaus walked towards me, the fire around me disappearing as I stood. He held his hand out, I scoffed at it before bumping past him and walking towards Greta on the rock podium. I looked down at Jenna in sorrow and saw Elena turn to us from the corner of my eye, face fresh with tears she couldn't wipe away. Klaus stood next to me, bringing a hand to my chin he forced me to face him. "Thank you, Katalina. It really is a shame to kill such a unique fire."

"I'll see you in hell Santa Klaus" I spoke with disgust as he moved behind me, pushing my hair aside I felt his teeth bite into my neck. My eyes found Elena as she looked on, pain taking over her face as new tears started to fall.

"No" I heard Stefan's whisper but I was too weak to find him.

Klaus held my body up as I began to go limp, as I felt the life being drained from me.

They never prepare you for death, it's a class you can't take. Especially your own. Death, from my experience, is unbearable. Yet you must grit your teeth and deal with it. Tears are obviously shed, a gaping hole in your heart, the exact same place where the person left it. Yet my death, my death is for the 'greater good', the 'greater good' of a pompous a$$ who doesn't know what to do with the power all these people's sacrifice will bring him. A toddler who's been set free in Toys 'R' Us, if you will.

I can't block this out, it's happening right this moment right now and I can't do the only thing I wish I could, I can't block out the pain which freaking hurts! Although I'm not shaking which is a bonus, I guess...I don't want to be scared, yet I have no choice. I don't want to leave anyone, yet I have no choice. I don't want to die...yet I have no choice. But unlike Aunt Jenna I'll wake up, I'll be a vampire when I don't want too, not yet, not with his blood.

I can barely breathe as my eyes flutter, will this be death? When I decide to die a human and not turn, is this what I have to look forward to? The cold? The isolation? The darkness...? I sucked in my last breath as I felt myself fall, falling, falling, falling. Forever, continuous. Is that all death is?

A Neverending Hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Yt0kzbvGA... (The Bitter End By Falling In Reverse)

TO BE CONTINUED...

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

How miserable...But there it is, and now part one of Kat's story is complete--Move onto the '!AUTHOR'S NOTE!' for information on the sequel and an upcoming story to fill your library.

Anyway, don't forget to vote and comment--hopefully, you're not too sad to complete such an action.

Thanks for reading x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.3K 16
Jimin and Y/N have been friends for about 3 years and have become very close, to the point where they start getting butterflies in their stomach jus...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
14.5K 366 7
Aemond Targaryen meets his match when Verena, daughter of Daemon and Rhaenyra, arrives in the Red Keep alongside the rest of her family.
478K 12.8K 107
DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED Please read it on the official site: Flying Lines Original Title: Here...