Fix you(abused Girl) X male r...

By MoxieRhythm

Ashley is the new girl who just transferred. She's hiding her troubled life from the world and is misundersto... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Not a chapter
Chapter 18
Epilogue. A New Start

Chapter 8

1.6K 42 29
By MoxieRhythm

After the pair decided to call it a day with the tutoring, (Y/N) asked Ashley to stay for dinner. She strongly protested against the idea at first. It took a lot of persuading from (Y/N), but eventually she gave in. He was pretty good at manipulating her mind-set, but it wasn't only (Y/N)'s pleading that made her stay. She figured that she could do with a proper meal. After all, she had been surviving off of canned soup and ready-meals for a long time.

When (Y/N)'s grandfather had arrived, he greeted her pleasantly and as they sat together at dinner, she couldn't help but think what nice people both (Y/N) and his grandfather were. Despite saying little to nothing at the table, Ashley didn't feel the slightest bit judged for it. After finishing dinner Ashley announced that she had to leave, (Y/N) of course was quick to offer to walk home with her.

"No. Don't worry about it." she wondered why he was asking, it wasn't even dark yet. Ashley collected up her books and placed them into her shoulder bag. She walked out into the hallway and put on her shoes, (Y/N) followed her.

"It's no problem at all, really." he smiled while putting on his shoes, the (H/C) then grabbed his jacket.

"You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?" Ashley sighed and rolled her eyes at his persistence. First dinner, now he wants to walk me home...what next...

(Y/N) was slightly embarrassed by her comment but laughed softly, "Nope."

"Well, alright." Ashley gave in once more and headed out of the door. (Y/N) smiled and followed behind.

After walking side-by-side down the street in silence for about five minutes, (Y/N) turned to the red head, "Where exactly do you live, Ashley?"

"Around twenty-five to thirty minutes from here. I told you, you didn't have to walk home with me."

"And I told you that it's no problem." he reassured her.

"Why are you always so nice to me?" Ashley suddenly asked, "It's not like I've ever returned that kindness, in fact I've been the opposite."

(Y/N) studied her facial expression, he couldn't quite make out what she was feeling but he noticed that she had furrowed her brows, obviously thinking deeply about something. "Well it's just that, despite what others and you may think, I actually think that you are quite nice."

(Y/N) was telling the truth, he really did believe that Ashley was a nice person. He knew that she was hiding behind a wall that she had built up, for reasons that he would get to the bottom of eventually. Over the past month he had managed to get her to open up, even if it was just a bit. She had even approached him for his help. (Y/N) was sure that she wasn't as bad as she pretended to be, it was just a barrier she had put up to protect herself from the world. He was smart, and he really trusted his gut feeling and judge of character, especially concerning Ashley .

"Huh?" Ashley was confused, why did (Y/N) think she was nice? Maybe he is one of those types who want to see the good in everyone. Yeah, that must be it.

"I think you're just scared of people. And that's okay, because there are a lot of horrible people out there to be wary of. You act tough in an attempt to ward off others to avoid being hurt. But in reality, you really do care and you want to make friends, just like any other human-being." (Y/N) hoped he wasn't pushing it by saying this to Ashley's face. He expected her to get mad, tell him to shut-up and throw it in his face that he didn't know her, but instead she remained silent.

How...did he come to that conclusion? I was right before in thinking he was dangerous. He's smart and unbelievably so. I don't even know what to think, but he's right. I don't want to be completely alone, I'm human after all...Am I being delirious in thinking that I would like to be a good person to him?

Ashley really didn't know what she was thinking anymore. She didn't even know what she was feeling, either. She looked to (Y/N) who was facing forward and she felt a strange sensation in her stomach. What the hell is this?

They continued to walk in complete silence and Ashley avoided looking directly at (Y/N) again after that. He on the other hand, glanced at her several times out of the corner of his eye. He knew that his words had got her thinking, and he also knew by her reaction that he was right.

Eventually (Y/N) ended up in a part of town that he wasn't exactly familiar with, it didn't look as nice as where he lived. Ashley came to a stop in front of a huge tower block of apartments and (Y/N) raised his head to look up at the tall building, she lives here?

"Well I live here so...bye." Ashley mumbled, looking to the ground. She didn't want to look at him again, not after that feeling she got the last time. Ashley proceeded to make her way to the entrance of the apartments, (Y/N) followed her wanting to know exactly where she lived in this building. When Ashley noticed that (Y/N) was still beside her, she looked up at him confused and vaguely annoyed, "What?"

"I'll take you right to your door." (Y/N) stated, smiling down at her.

"That's pointless." No. No, this is not happening.

"Not really, I've already come this far."

Ashley knew she wasn't about to get rid of him any time soon so she just let out a sigh and entered the building, allowing him to follow behind. She approached the elevator, not wanting to take the stairs and pressed the button. The elevator made a horrible rattling sound as it reached the ground floor, it sounded like it was ancient. The doors creaked loudly as they opened, obviously in desperate need of some oil. Ashley stepped inside and (Y/N) did the same. She could feel her heart thudding hard against her chest as she pressed the button with the number four on it. There was silence as the elevator slowly worked its way up to the fourth floor. It seemed to take longer than usual, but that was probably only due to the awkwardness of the situation. When the elevator arrived at its destination Ashley stepped out. (Y/N) followed the small redhead , not really knowing what to say. He didn't expect her to live somewhere like this.

Ashley stopped in front of door number 422 and reached into her bag for her key. By this point she was almost shaking. Her heart had continued to race the whole time and she just hoped that (Y/N) would leave before she opened the door. He didn't though, and was still standing right there. What if he tried to push her further and wanted to come inside? Like hell that's going to happen.

"So, should we do the same tomorrow?" (Y/N) enquired.

Ashley nodded her head and went to put the key in the lock, "Bye." she twisted the key and just before she opened it, (Y/N) spoke again,

"I'm looking forward to it. See you tomorrow at school then! B—" before he could even finish his sentence, Ashley had opened the door and within a few seconds, the door slammed shut in (Y/N)'s face and she was inside.

"...bye." he finished his sentence in a quiet mumble. He was slightly taken back by her actions, but then again, it was Ashley after all.

Ashley let out a breath of relief once she stepped inside, but it was short-lived. Her father had heard the door and had already made his way into the hallway. He stood about a meter away from her, resting his arm against the wall for support. He was drunk again, obviously.

"Where have you been?" his eyes were blood shot and he looked and sounded completely out of it. God only knew how much alcohol he had consumed this time. Not that this was a rare occurrence, it had been going on for months and months now, ever since mom died. "Answer me!" he shouted so loudly that it made Ashley jump and hurt her ears. She wanted to make a run for it to her bedroom, but she knew it was hopeless. Every time she had tried to do that in the past he had ended up grabbing her.

"School." the redhead said quietly.

"You're a lying little bitch." he snarled and approached her quickly. He swayed from side-to-side, unable to even walk in a straight line.

Ashley backed herself up against the door and turned her head away from him. He wasn't having any of that and grabbed hold of her jaw. He yanked hard, forcing her to face him, "You're my fucking daughter...I'm your father! I have a right to know where you've been!" he slurred and Ashley could smell the strong scent of vodka coming off of him. She was surprised he was even able to form a coherent sentence considering how drunk he was.

"I may be your daughter but that doesn't mean anything anymore, does it? You turned your back on me, no, us, when mom became ill!" Ashley immediately regretted what she had said, despite feeling so angry. Her father looked absolutely furious at her. He released her jaw but only to give her a harsh slap across the face. The impact was so hard that it knocked her to the ground.

"I've told you before, time and time again to not speak about your mother to me!" his voice was so loud that she was sure the people living in the apartment next to theirs and above could hear everything. She curled up into the fetal position and covered her hands over head, preparing for another beating.

He kicked her once, and once only. As he left her curled up in the hallway, she heard him muttering something that was incoherent. She guessed he would go and collapse in the living room for the rest of the night.

Ashley let the tears fall from her eyes and run down her cheeks, she didn't even make an effort to move from the floor. Instead she retracted into herself even more and hugged her knees tightly.
A/N:
Question : how will you beat her dad
Thanks for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 233 16
Living a cliché isn't as bad as it sounds. Ashley soon realises that she's living a life like every story she's ever read. Her being the clumsy girl...
66 0 6
♛✧༺...
178 3 31
Ashley is a new student in a new town, new school, friends and the likes. She's a bit nerdy, quiet and shy at first, she didn't want to move but...
132 10 8
When there isn't a teeny tiny little detail in your life to make you move forward and whe you almost give up every bit of hope ... What takes it to...