Close Enough

נכתב על ידי thanduxolo00

He saved her life, He wants some thing in return or may I say some things. Tasha is your average teenage girl... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20 (part I)
Chapter 21 (part II)
Chapter 22 (part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Final Chapter
Authors Final Note

Chapter 16

95 12 3
נכתב על ידי thanduxolo00

I quickly collected all the stuff mentioned in the list and I was thinking where the hell were we going to go to. Going to the subway was a great idea because I met someone very close to Alex, who isn't friends with Alex because he is popular at school and cool.
I prepared the hot chocolate and a part of me knew it wasn't for me.
I returned to the tv room and waited for his signal.

"Tasha,You guys are like my family now and I wouldn't want any of you getting hurt,physically and emotionally.Your mom trusted me so much she left me in charge of you guys and I don't want to disappoint her.What I'm trying to say is that please don't sneak out, I know I'm not your mother but I would like for you to tell me your whereabouts,so that I would know where to look if something happens," She said.

"I'm so sorry,it was very stupid of me and you're right, but please you're a big sister I never had and wouldn't want to hurt you.Thanks for caring about me,about us!" I embraced her.

"I'm glad you understand," she smiled.
"Am I a bad person?" I asked the question that was eating me up inside.
"What are you talking about?" She asked worried.
"I don't know why I didn't tell Q about meeting Alex,I mean we share everything that's what best friends do,"

"Hey,you're knew to this stuff,you're still trying to figure it out yourself.Q is your best friend and she'll understand," she said warmly.
"Thanks,his name is Alex Hoffman and I don't know where we are going to hang out but I'll inform you as soon as I know," I said.

My phone buzzed indicating a new message from Alex:

Outside!
-A

"Speaking of the devil!" She laughed.
"I'm sorry I have go but I promise to tell you how I met him!" I grabbed my bag and went outside.
I was shacking as I walked towards the car,not because of the slight breeze passing through but because I was nervous.

"Hi," I greeted him as I got in his car.
"Cute pyjamas but they're too pink!" He closed his phone and turned me.
"Thank you," I tried to use his technic of distracting myself with my phone but unfortunately he took it slowly and placed it next to his as he kept eye contact.

"Thanks for showing up," he smirked.
"Just promise me you're gonna seek medical help because you might have insomnia,"I suggested.
"Look at you worrying about boyfriend,you're the best girlfriend ever!" He poked me playfully.

"Never gonna happen,we haven't moved you know, I could just get out and leave so don't test me," I wore my serious face.
"Never gonna happen,you like me and I don't blame you I mean look at me," he gloated.
"You really don't wanna know what I see in you," I smiled thinking of all the horrible things facts I'd say to him.

"Enlighten me but if you're gonna hurt my don't bother," he adjusted his seat so that he could face the roof of the car.
"Then I'd rather not," I yawned.I miss my bed so much,such little things we take for granted.

"Okay,please adjust your seat as well,it'll be like you're in bed with me next to you of course," he smiled.
"Jerk!," I mumbled as we sat starring at the roof of the car.
Every 5 seconds he would turn to look at me and as I steal him on the corner of the eye he would smile and turn away.

"McCarthy," he said my name.
"Ha," I responded he turned to his side to face me and I didn't budge.
"How many wishes do I have left?" He asked in a low voice close to whispering.
His sound waves made my whole body vibrate.
"Don't answer that now,think about it,I'm in no hurry," he said.

"Alex,"I called him.
"Ha," he looked up again.
"What is the meaning of hanging out?" I asked him.
"Well hanging out to me is all about chatting,laughing, knowing more about each other,having food of course and if you're wondering if we're going to go somewhere than don't wonder anymore because we're staying right here," he exhaled.

"Okay," we went back to silence,comfortable silence.
"McCarthy," he said my name again.
"Ha," I exhaled.
"Do you want to watch something more interesting?" He asked.
"Sure," I replied.
"Well grab your blanket and meet me outside," He took a large black blanket,not sure these street lights are dim sometimes.
I got out and he was on top of the car with the blanket spread on top of it and a pillow in the middle.

"Dude!" I exhaled as he reached out his hand for me.
"Come on," he flashed his smile.
I took it and we both gazed upon the star's.He told me that he 'forgot' to mention a pillow in the list and insisted that I shouldn't fetch it inside but I made sure there was enough space between us,

"They're beautiful," I sighed.
"You're beautiful," he whispered.
I remembered that day when he first told me that I was beautiful.
"Say something," he whispered again.
"You have a girlfriend," I stated.
"Yeah she's lying next to me as we speak," he whispered.

"Yeah?" I breathed.
"Yeah,her handsome boyfriend just complimented her but instead of saying thank you she told him about his ex," he sighed.
"Thank you," Kenzie?
"You're welcome," he chuckled lightly.
"But I'm not your girlfriend," I mumbled.
"Keep telling yourself that," he sighed.

"So about the wishes,I just want one wish left, remember it as a kiss wish" he exhaled.
"I wash my hands without water," I mumbled.
"Good for you,listen we can go on like this forever or I get to know more about the girl I saved,start with telling me about your day after lunch," he said.

"I told my teacher that I had food poisoning," I started.
"Really?!" He laughed.
"What's so funny about that," I asked.
"You,lying to a teacher, unbelievable," He exhaled.
"I don't care if you don't believe me,it was your fault by making us late,"
"I'm sorry,but I don't regret hanging out with you guys, it was fun," he nudged me.

"It was fun," I found myself saying.
"And then?" He asked.
"He felt sorry for me," I shrugged.
I wasn't looking forward to telling him the next part.
"Great! Now tell me more about you," he was serious, like really serious.

"What have you got so far?" I asked.
"Well,I now know that you go to my school and you like me.
I know that you pretend to be shy around people,I know that your mom is on vacation. You have a best friend whom you love but not more than me,You're intelligent, You always wear jeans and I'd never seen you in a skirt, You don't show too much skin,I know that you want to be a M.E and I know that you're unique in your own way," he exhaled.

"Not bad!" I sighed.
"Now way I aced it!" He exhaled.
"I'm not sure about the liking part.I don't pretend to be shy," I said.
"Well I think you're a great company and somebody like that usually has plenty of friends," he exhaled.

"Thanks but I prefer a few friends," I wondered what time it was.
"I hope I'm on that list," he whispered.
"No way you're on my boyfriend list!" I exclaimed.
"Really? Wait you have a list of boyfriends?" He quickly turned to face me.

"I'm joking," I smiled.
"How I wish to tickle you until you wet your pj's but I'm sure things will get awkward after one thing leads to another," he imagined.
"Yeah so don't," I said.

"Hey,how about we go inside,have some hot chocolate and turn the heater on,it's starting to get chilly," he requested.
We settled in and I handed him the hot chocolate,it was wise of me to put it in a thermal mug.

"I brought you some cupcakes if you're in the mood," he took a little lunchbox and handed it to me.
"Made them myself and I hope you'll like them," he opened the mug and smelled the hot chocolate.I knew it was for him,I knew it.

"Thank you,you really made them," I laughed as I stared at the three cupcakes with icing that says 'thanks 4 ur company'.
"Fact about me,I can cook, bake,clean and I'm very good at it," he sighed.
"I find that hard to believe," I smiled.
"I don't blame you,can I have my marshmallows please?" he asked.

I gave him the marshmallows and managed to take my phone and checked the time.
02:37 am.

"Since you're not looking forward to telling me about yourself," he handed me an earphone and adjusted his seat and gestured for me to copy him.I heard his voice and everything was okay. He's got that Shawn Mendes/ Nick Jonas voice and great vocals.

"You're awesome," I found myself saying.
"I know," he smiled.
His voice is still the same to when I first heard him sing.

"Come on,you're getting sleepy!" He paused the music and stepped outside.
"Hey,I was still listening!" I wrapped myself in my blanket.
"Stop whining and walk with me," he smirked.
"I never stayed up this late especially during the week," I exhaled.
"I know and I'm grateful that you're doing it for me," he smirked.

"So,where are we going?" I asked.
"Just stretching our legs and letting the cold air hit us so that we don't fall asleep although I would kill to wake up next to you," he whispered the last part.
"Alex," I stopped.
"Yes," he turned to me.

"What am I supposed to say after you said that?" I honestly asked.
"I don't know,what ever comes to your mind I guess," he smiled.
"Okay,not the answer I was looking for but never mind," I continued to walk.
"Hey come on,tell me how you feel," he stepped in front of me his warm breathe hitting my face.

"I want this to stop,let's be friends,stop the flirting," I thought about the note.The could be an obsessed ex out there,I'm not saying Kenzie is obsessed with Alex but the girl gets what she wants, anytime,anyone.I know most guys run away when their considered not more than friends and maybe he'll move on.Besides I'm not ready to start dating and I wish I could just tell him all of this but I can't.

He's a great guy and I wish I had met him earlier maybe under different circumstances.

"I don't want to be just friends," he pouted his lips, stomped his foot and folded his arms.he looked like a giant baby,giant whining baby.
"Then let's not be friends at all," I exhaled.
"Are you breaking up with me?" He asked.If a person walked by he'd swear we were dating.

"I guess so," I shrugged and turned back.
"Wait," he grabbed my arm and let go immediately as I turned to him.
"Okay!" He exhaled.
"Okay what?" I asked.
"Okay we can be friends," he said.
"And?" I asked.
"And I will stop 'flirting' with you," it was really hard for him to say it or its just that he's a really good actor.

"That wasn't so hard was it buddy?" I patted him on the shoulder.
"You're already calling me buddy,why?!" He yelled as loud as he could and was blaming the universe.
"It's because we're friends. You really liked me didn't you friend?" I nudged him playfully.

"I still do," he huffed.
"We don't want to go through this all over again,right?" I asked.
So sweet of him to confess his feelings.He nearly melted my heart.But I'm trying to look at it on a bright side,I don't have to involve myself in any drama.

"Right," he looked disappointed.
"Come on,cheer up let's go get you some hot chocolate and marshmallows and I might just tell you about me," I smiled.
"What's the use,I might as well be your homo friend and your roommate at college and better yet the designer of your wedding dress to someone else," he followed me behind.

"Hey don't be like that," I opened his door and forced him in.
"I might as well write a song about our friendship and we'll exchange friendship bracelets," he turned on the heater.
"That will be perfect," I laughed.
"And we'll wear matching clothes and go shopping for your date with someone else," he tried to make me feel guilty.

"Enough! I'm going to bed," I gathered my things.
"Please stay,I'm sorry,First time being rejected please understand," he came to his senses.
"Really your first time?!" My eyes lit up.
"You don't have to rub it in my face.Just begin your story," he accepted defeat.

"Well as much as I don't like saying this but it's who I am.
I'm an orphan,but I have a wonderful foster mom and siblings,I like being at school and learning and I also like being at home with my family.I don't do much around the house because mom does everything but I always make sure that I help her when I get home although she insists that I shouldn't.I'm sorry!" I paused.

"No go one," he smiled.
"No I'll just stop talking,I'm such an idiot.Here you are busy worrying about your mom and here I am bragging about my mom.I'm sorry," I apologized.
"It's okay,you're are doing great please continue," he smiled hiding his pain.

"No it's not! I feel horrible," I exhaled.
"You know,if we weren't just friends.I would kiss you just to shut you up," he turned to me.
"Dude I'm trying to sympathize with you here,"
"I appreciate that but please don't I'm fine," he looked away.

"Okay,I respect your wish," I sighed.
"Thank you,so what's going to happen to the kiss wish?" He asked.
"Let me hold on to it like you said," I said.
"Alright!" He smirked.
"Don't get your hopes up," I warned.

"Look,as much as I love spending time with you, you need to rest.Big day tomorrow," he adjusted his seat properly.

"Big day?" I asked.
"More like a preparation day for Saturday,you'll need a dress,no make up because I like you just the way you are, my apologies,no pick-up lines right?" He apologized.
"Right," I gathered my stuff and exited the car.

"It was really fun,you're really a great company," he walked me up to my door.
"Your idea,venue and topics you really planned this out," I yawned.
"Good morning princess," he smirked.
"Good morning Greg," I smiled.

"I thought you forgot," he gave me my bag.
"Never!" I laughed opening the door slowly.
"Don't forget to set your alarm!" He yelled as he rushed to his car and drove off to the sunrise.

SUNRISE??!!!???!!!OH BOY!!!!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

445K 7.5K 33
"I'm changing school and that's it," I yelled at Alexander. "over my dead body" he glared at me. "what's wrong with you" I glared back at him. "yo...
786K 25.4K 34
"You really changed" David commented as he sat next to me. I shook my head and smiled. "Not really" I told him and then someone jumped on the cou...
144 3 14
There wasn't really anything all that special about me. I considered myself an average person with average looks. That being said, I also considered...
235K 6.6K 28
How easy is it to fall in love? This is one of the thoughts that never occurred to the weird nerd, Alexis Rivers. That is, until she was forced to be...