Nothing Lasts Forever

Bởi RockofAges

Two years have gone by, life was going great for the couple until something happened that no one could of pre... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen (Short)
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Finale

Chapter Twenty-Five

8.6K 517 95
Bởi RockofAges

 It was two weeks after Mace's party and things were great, better than great, amazing even, spectacular. Me and Mace have been texting non stop and he was so gullible when it came to my broken heart act it was almost comical but that wasn't what had me on cloud nine as of late.

I woke up earlier than usual to a text from August telling me that he needed to see me and that it was important. Somehow that text led us to where we were right now, naked from the waist down, at my job in one of unused rooms riding him like I was in the rodeo. I knew that what we were doing was risky and that anyone could walk in on us but that only made it the more thrilling.

Afterwords we had no time to lay around, he had to leave and I had a class to teach in twenty minutes. We got dressed while sneaking glances at each other every so often. Once we were both dressed we kissed our goodbyes and he sneaked out the back exit. Once he was gone I walked to the bathroom to fix myself up and get my day started. At least now I was in a way better mood. My morning classes flew by and before I knew it lunch hour had arrived.

"I don't know if I want a salad or sub what about you," Braeden asked me but I was to busy thinking about my sex session earlier with August.

"Uhh, I don't know," I told him and instead of responding he just stared me up and down, "What?"

I looked down at my clothes thinking something was wrong when he smiled, "Your glowing."

I smiled, "Whatever."

"You are. Who is he?"

"Who is who?"

"The man that has you daydreaming and glowing duh."

I opened my mouth to say something but just like that I forgot that I was supposed to be tight lipped about what me and August had going on.

"I hope I had something to do with it," I heard Mace say and I turned around in surprise. I hadn't even seen him come in. He strolled over to us and I wanted to grimace but instead I put a smile on my face.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your not happy to see me?"

"Of course I am, I'm just surprised to see you."

"I was in the neighborhood and I decided to stop by to catch you for lunch," he told me and looked at Braeden, "Unless you have plans."

I wondered how did he know my schedule and how did he just so happen to come right on time to take me to lunch? I looked at Braeden who looked at me before looking at Mace, "No she doesn't."

"Wonderful," Mace smiled at me and I turned to look at Braeden who gave me a look like he wanted all the tea when I got back.

"If anything comes up just call my cell phone," I told him.

"You two have fun," he told us as I followed behind Mace and over to his car, a black Bugatti sedan that looked brand spanking new. He opened the door for me and once I was in I was a bit nervous to be alone with him but I knew that August had eyes on me and I'm sure word had already gotten back to him that I was with Mace.

"Is this new," I asked once he was in the car and it was started up.

"Yes it is," he looked over at me, "You like it?"

"I do," I nodded admring the interior.

"You want one," he asked the question so casually that I had to laugh.

"Aren't these like a million dollars?"

"1.4 million actually but I can get you one if you really want one."

I couldn't see myself driving something so fancy and expensive.

"No but thank you," I declined his offer.

We drove for a while I noticed that he didn't ask me what I was in the mood for and so I asked him where we were going. It's when he told me that we were going to his restaurant and I looked down at my clothes.

I was wearing legging capris and a matching tank top and the sneakers to match. I wasn't really dressed to go to his restaurant which was a bit on the upscale side.

"Don't worry, you look fine and plus your with me," he said as if he could read my mind. We drove and as we did I noticed a black truck following right behind us. Every time we turned they followed and stayed right behind us. I was a bit curious but when we pulled up to his restaurant and a valet helped me out the car four guys in black suits got out of the truck as well. Mace joined me and noticed me looking at the guys smiled.

"My security, come on your safe with me."

He took my hand and once we were inside he spoke to someone by the door and they led us over to a private area in the back. As we followed Mace had his hand on the small of my back and pulled out a chair for me.

I noticed the security sat at a table close by and instead of relaxing they were all on guard. I was on guard but I relaxed as best as I could and picked up my menu and looked it over.

"You can order whatever you want, it's on me."

I ordered something small and simple and a water and after we ordered the waiter walked off. I could tell that Mace was staring at me so I took a sip of water to distract myself.

"So how have you been since the last time I saw you?"

I swallowed and sat my water down, "Not much as changed since then, just been working."

"All work and no play," he shook his head like he didn't approve, "How's Kaliyah?"

"She's good."

"That's great."

We shared small talk all the while we ate and towards the end of the meal I decided to steer the conversation in another direction.

"I never really thanked you for allowing me to cry on your shoulder at your party. Sorry my drama ruined the mood of the party."

"There's no need to apologize and anytime you need to talk or vent I'm here," he reached his hand across the table and laid it on top of mine, "Have you and August talked since everything that went down?"

I felt kind of awkward talking about August, "Not really but I think it's best if we just stay cordial for Kaliyah's sake. I love him, I think apart of me always will but I don't think were good together."

"And have you told him that?"

I shook my head with a sigh, "No, not yet. I guess."

"And why is that?"

"I guess I'm stalling because I'm not sure how he'll react."

"So your apprehensive because you don't want to hurt his feelings?"

"Something like that," I nodded.

"Was he concerned about your feelings when he was messing around on you, disrespecting you and breaking your heart?"

"I guess not," I looked down at my plate and pushed my food around. I didn't really have an appetite anyway.

He lifted my chin and forced me to look at him, "I don't say that to hurt your feelings or to be mean but he messed up, not you. If your scared about how he'll react then I can be there when you break the news to him."

"I'm not. I guess I can't believe I'm actually about to close the door on us. He's all that I know."

"He may be but you deserve better. Your a queen and you should be treated as such."

I thought he was about to kiss me again with how close he had moved into me but instead he kissed my cheek and caressed my hand. After we finished up he paid the bill he escorted us out and when his car pulled up he opened my door and he drove me back to my shop.

Once we were here he parked and got out of the car and quickly opened my door. I thanked him with a smile and he escorted me to the door.

"Thank you for lunch, I had a good time."

"I'm glad. Maybe we can do it again or better yet how about dinner just me and you?"

"Like a date," I played dumb and looked up at him.

"Whatever you want it to be."

I hesitated before answering, as bad as I wanted to say no I knew that the more he allowed me in the better chance I had at really gaining his trust, "I would love to but I think it's best if I end things with August, for good you know?"

"And I completely understand that," he seemed completely understanding, "I'll call you."

He leaned in and again kissed my cheek and with a wink he walked to his car and gave me a smile before he got in and I turned around and walked inside and was immediately ambushed by Braeden and Judy.

"You have some explaining to do," Braeden grabbed my arm.

"About?"

"Don't play dumb. Since when did you and Mace get so comfortable with each other that he's taking you out to lunch and kissing on you?"

"It's not what you think Braeden."

"Your mouth says one thing but were not blind and it looking like something to me," Judy spoke up.

"He's like Fifty," Braeden said to me.

"And fine," Judy smiled, "I'll call him daddy gladly."

"More like grandpa," Braeden looked at me like I was crazy, "What's going on with you and August?"

"Me and August are no more."

"Since when?"

I felt lying to him but I had to and so I did. Back in my office my burner phone rang and I checked my burner phone and I saw a text from August telling me to call him when I could from about fifteen minutes ago. I had some time so I walked out of my office and to one of the empty rooms and called him back.

"Hello?"

"You okay?"

"I'm fine," I assured him, "He just popped up out of the blue to take me to lunch. It was nothing major."

"Trust me when I tell you this, everything that Mace does is major. What did ya'll talk about?"

"Small talk mostly then we talked about me and you. He thinks us breaking up is for the best."

"Figures," he scoffed, "Is that all?"

I thought about it and decided to let the cat out of the bag, "He kissed me again but it was on my cheek." "I know, twice," he stated, "You aint got to worry, I ain't mad."

"Good because there's no reason for you to be. Are you still coming over tonight?"

"If I can," he answered and I didn't like his answer at all but I knew that he was busy and that him coming over my place was risky but I was needy when it came to him. I didn't want to leave his side and I couldn't wait until all of this was over so we could stop sneaking around and actually start living in peace.

A U G U S T

By the time I got done handling what I needed to handle it was after one in the morning. I was just going to head on home but I decided to stop by Kash's. These days we had to be careful with everything that we did that's why I had spare cars on deck. My car was parked at my place and thats where Mace guys thought I was but in reality I was pulling in to Kash's parking garage to her building.

After checking my surroundings I got out the car and and made my way into her building and once I got to her door I pulled out my keys and let myself in. I had a key to her place and she had a key to mine just in case.

After I let myself in I locked up and checked in on Kaliyah who was fast asleep. Then I made my way to Kash's room who was asleep herself.

I kicked off my shoes and undressed and then walked into her bathroom handled my business and washed my hands and face and brushed my teeth with the spare toothbrush I left over here. Once I was done I walked out the bathroom and when I crawled into bed I noticed that Kash was awake now.

"Did I wake you?"

She nodded her head but I wasn't surprised because she was always a light sleeper.

"My bad."

 She shrugged her shoulders like she didn't seem to mind. She laid her head on my chest and all the stress I was feeling immediately left my body.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.9K 552 40
Ahmira is a 22 year old from Nola. What happens when she comes across August and this roller coaster they call love ? (Editing/fixing mistakes)
10.7K 454 36
This is my version of events that happened to Massimo and Laura two years after Laura dies.
117K 3.4K 33
"But all good things have to come to an end, right?" 6 years ago they thought they'd never see each other again. 6 years later they realised they we...
141K 4.2K 41
I should be living my life like every second was my last, Not wishing it was, But when I'm with her, I forget the difference.