Define Love.

By mauvemoonlight

Description inside... More

Define Love.
Chapter 1 ~ The Move
Chapter 2 ~ The School
Chapter 3 ~ The Boy With the Eyes
Chapter 4 ~ The New Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Neighbors
Chapter 7 ~ The Kitchen Disaster
Chapter 8 ~ The Drama Queen
Chapter 9 ~ The (Almost) Kiss

Chapter 6 ~ The Woods

3.1K 127 10
By mauvemoonlight

(A/N: Mya's outfit in pic)

Mya's POV*****

This past week has been pretty great, honestly. I am beginning to get closer and closer with the guys (including Carly). I sit with them at lunch everyday, and I have a few classes with each of them, but Comp. Tech is the best because I have that class with all five of them. Plus all we do is mess around and make jokes about the teacher who just sleeps through the period.

I was now back at home and it's Friday. I look over at the corner of my room at the few boxes holding miscellaneous objects that I have left unpacked. Since I have nothing better to do on a Friday night I decide to unpack them or at least get started on it. 

As I was sifting and sorting through my items, I stopped when I noticed a silver shimmer. I moved things around until I held a black photo album with a silver and gold lining around it. I don't even remember packing this and I only left a few weeks ago.

I opened up the large album and felt tears brim my eyes. I couldn't see the pictures anymore because my eyes were soon glazed over by my tears making it look blurry.

I started flipping through the pages seeing pictures of my father and me, and some with my mother over the years. I then flipped to the back and saw a bunch of napkins with inspirational messages from my father such as, 'You're the smartest little girl I know, love you princess. Kick butt today as your first day being a first grader. I'm so proud of you! Love, Daddy' and others on my first day of middle school and high school. He would put them in my lunch bag and no matter how much of a crap day I had it would never fail to place a smile upon my face.

 I also noticed a piece of piano sheet music that was somewhat tattered. I could still see the notes and recognized the song instantly. This caused a sob to wrack through my body as I held the paper. I haven't played or sang in a while. Mainly because it just didn't feel the same without him. He's the one who taught me.

God, I really do miss him.

Moments later I heard tapping on my window. I looked up to see Ryder, with a concerned expression etched on his gorgeous face. I then looked down a little and stared directly at his sculpted abs. He was shirtless and soon noticed where my eyes wandered and slightly smirked. He then looked back at my tear filled eyes and regained the worried look as he tilted his head to the side as if to ask what was wrong.

I just shook my head and he kept tapping and gestured for me to open my window. I went over to the window and opened it with all the strength I could muster since I was feeling pretty weak. 

"Hey there sunshine, what's wrong? Have you been crying," Ryder asked with concern lacing through his voice.

"I'm fine," I whispered as I faked a smile as an attempt to reassure him that I was alright, although clearly, I wasn't. And by his facial expressions I could tell he wasn't buying it either.

"Meet me on my porch in five minutes, I'm taking you somewhere," He said as he threw on a plain navy blue T-shirt. He was wearing something so simple, yet still managed to look flawless.

How? I wondered.

He walked away without another word and I turned around to leave too. Then I looked down and noticed I was in my pajamas that consisted of baggy sweatpants and a tank top that read 'Messy Hair, Don't Care'. Well, obviously I'm not going out in this because I certainly do care when it comes to Ryder. So I decided to change into a black and white Nike windbreaker over a white crop top and put on some shorts and sneakers. I threw my long dark brown hair in a high ponytail and trudged downstairs.

My mom probably won't be back tonight because of work, but eh, I'm used to it. I guess being a surgeon really doesn't consider family time. That's okay though, because my mom was a hard working woman who has become wealthy from doing so. She just doesn't like to show it.

I walked over to Ryder's porch seeing him sitting on the steps scrolling through his phone.

I stood before him and his eyes slowly went up my body and he stopped when he looked at my eyes. Then he stood up and said, "You ready to go?"

"What? Ready to go where?" I asked. Where would he be taking me at seven o'clock in the evening?

"Just c'mon," he replied grasping my hand in his as he led us towards his car. I almost got a dizzy spell when I felt a whole freaking zoo explode in my stomach due to our skin contact. He didn't seem phased by it but I felt like there was lighting striking through my hand and up my arm and all he did was hold it.

I wonder how his li- 

Woah there, Mya. Geez I need to chill. This boy is doing stuff to me that my mind and body can't even explain. 

I hop in the car after Ryder holds it open for me. 

"Someone is quite the gentleman, huh Prince Charming," I joked as he sat in the driver seat. 

"Only for my princess," he replied looking deeply into my eyes. I saw something flash in his eyes but it went away just as fast as it came that I wasn't able to decipher it.

Was I  his princess? I wanted to be... like really bad. But, sadly that could never happen. He doesn't like me the way I like him. Oh well. The thought of us never having a chance made me frown a bit but I soon perked up realizing that he called me by what my dad used to call me. And for some reason, I felt like it meant something.

I blushed after his comment and looked down becoming oddly interested in my fingers to avoid eye contact. 

At the stoplight, he lifted my head up by my chin with his fingers all while penetrating his gaze through mine. His eyes could only be described as hypnotic seeing as I couldn't find it in me to look away. 

"No need to be shy, princess," Ryder told me and I blushed again at the cute pet name, "I think it's adorable when you blush"

"Eyes on the road, Ry," I laughed using his nickname. He shook his head, laughing and I looked out the window, trying to figure out where we were going.

While keeping my focus outside the window, I started to think about all the things in that album. It was painful thinking that I will never get another one of those napkin messages, and that my dad will never be able to teach me more songs on the piano.

Ryder must of noticed my solemnness when he looked over at me. I tensed a bit when he placed his hand on my thigh and told me we were here.I couldn't help but feel something tingle down... there. I shook it off and got out and looked around. There was no one in sight. Just a bunch of nature.

He took my hand in his and started for the woods. I began feeling anxious. I've only known this dude for like a week and I'm trusting him with my life. 

"Is this the part where you murder me in the creepy woods and leave me to rot," I asked somewhat jokingly but I was half serious. I am not about to die in the freaking woods. No. Thank. You.

Ryder chuckled beside me still leading us further through the trees and replied, "Nah princess. I am here to help you relax, forget your worries and troubles and just hangout"

"But it's a Friday night? Aren't you supposed to be at like some football game or a party or something? I mean I'm sure you'd rather be doing anything else than hanging out with me," I asked curiously. Ryder was the most popular guy at the school. Why the hell would he want to spend a Friday evening with the new chick? I'm nothing special. 

"Well, first off, football season hasn't even started yet. Secondly, parties aren't really my thing unless I go with the guys. And lastly, I enjoy spending time with you. You make me smile," He replied with a genuine smile making me believe he was telling the truth. I just returned the smile and kept following Ryder. I swear this boy needs to stop making me blush otherwise it might become permanent. 

"Here we are," Ryder said as we neared a clearing in the middle of the woods filled with flowers that was by a cliff overlooking a gorgeous waterfall.

I let go of a breath I didn't realize I was holding and deeply observed my surroundings. It was absolutely breathtaking. "Wow," I breathed, still in awe at what my eyes are slowly taking in. Of course the gorgeous guy would take me somewhere just as stunning as he was. 

We sat down, leaning against on the old oak tree while staring off into the distance. 

"This is absolutely gorgeous," I said still looking at the view. Ryder uttered an 'I know right', but when I turned to look at him, he was already staring at me. Was he looking at me the whole time? Hah, I doubt it. Again, I'm nothing special.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and rested my eyes. The calm, serene whistle of the wind sang a lullaby that put me straight to sleep. The last thing I felt was Ryder wrapping his arms around me as we both dozed off. 

And with that I felt the pain slip away...

~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you so much to everyone who reads and comments and votes on my chapters! You guys don't know how much I appreciate it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 349 21
The Infatuation and trials between 2 young teens
1.3K 233 63
Follow the gang as they navigate through freshman year of college, friendships, and the ever interesting relationships that are blossoming or crumbli...
121K 4.4K 45
[𝐎𝐍 π‡πŽπ‹πƒ] 𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒏 𝒂 π’”π’•π’“π’π’π’ˆ π’‡π’†π’†π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒐𝒇 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒐𝒓 π’˜π’Šπ’”π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’•π’‰οΏ½...