Enemy of My Pack ✔️

נכתב על ידי thedeepster

As Jennifer became of age, she was to inherit the Alpha position from her father when he retired, but her fat... עוד

Prologue
Chapter 1: Damn Everything!
Chapter 2: My Father, The Tyrant
Chapter 3: NO FAINTING!
Chapter 4: You Look a Little Green?
Chapter 5: 'See You In a Couple of Years!'
Chapter 6: Go Away Feelings!
Chapter 7: My Mate My Enemy
Chapter 8: The Only One
Chapter 9: The Omega
Chapter 10: My Grandparents are Ooooold!
Chapter 11: "I'll Be Ready For You."
Chapter 12: "We Need to Talk."
Chapter 13: The Tale Of A Kidnapped Boy
Chapter 14: The Warrior Pack
Chapter 15: Zanifer? Or Nah?
Chapter 16: "I Will Find You."
Chapter 17: The Bitch Chloroformed Me!
Chapter 18: Jerk's, They're Everywhere.
Chapter 19: Prey or Predator?
Chapter 20: Two Black Holes
Chapter 21: Lies and Betrayals
Chapter 22: I Will Always Forgive You
Chapter 23: This Feeling in my Heart.
Chapter 25: Hurt
Chapter 26: A Shred of Hope
Chapter 27: Lies and Betrayals: Part Two
Chapter 28: Clayton
Chapter 29: The Decider's of Fate
Chapter 30: I Will
Epilouge: One Soul
Sequel 🤔

Chapter 24: My Father, The Tyrant: Part Two

9.7K 253 22
נכתב על ידי thedeepster

Hey guys!! Sorry this got very slow but it will be better in due time! I actually plan on ending this book very soon but the good news is that a sequel will be made. Mostly because it will have any unanswered questions that didn't get answered in this book! Like why Shawn gave control to his wolf...or will he explain in this book? 😱👀

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

JEN

"Dad? What is he doing here?" I sat down on the bed, worried about the reason he was here.

My eyes popped out of my head as I gasped suddenly, realizing something that made the blood drain out of my face.

Shawn saw the terror on my face and grabbed my hand asking me what was wrong.

"We're human." I whispered in fright.

Shawn laughed and hugged me sighing in relief. "Yes, we are but I don't care."

I pushed him away and paced the floor looking at Carter and Nathan who just looked at us with pity.

"No Shawn, you don't get it! We. Are. Human."

The gears starting to run in his head as he stared at my concerned face.

"Oh shit." He cried.

I think it was safe to say that today was the day that we both died...again.

Carter cleared his throat and my eyes snapped to him. "Did I ever tell you how sorry I am Jen, that you lost your wolf and had to go through what you had to." He smiled, expecting me to return it.

I grimaced at him. I wanted so bad to return his smile but I couldn't. I did forgive him though, that much was true but I couldn't worry about that now.

Fear was eating away at me and the longer we stayed here, the more dangerous it was.

I grabbed Shawn's hand and we pushed past Nathan, running towards the pack house.

Just as we got to the entrance of the house, I heard my father's voice. "Where is she! Where is my daughter!" Our backs hit the side of the house, trying to stay out of sight.

My heart beat in my chest afraid he might smell us so instead we went around the yard and into the back door. It was quiet in the house now and I risked peaking in the living room to find it empty.

As stealthy as I could, I went to a window and looked outside, Shawn close behind me.

I saw my dad and a couple of huge guys that looked dangerous, sniffing around the nearby houses. They had picked up our scent and were now following it back to the hospital.

We ran up the stairs and into my room. I shut the door and grabbed a suitcase I kept hidden in my closet.

"We'll go to your house next, okay?" I said as I packed what I needed.

When I got no response, I looked up to see Shawn lost in thought with a twisted look on his face.

"Shawn?" He looked at me, shaking his head and took my suitcase from me rushing over to my drawers.

Next was his house, it was close to the pack house so we didn't take long to get there.

By the time we had finished packing his things, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs of his house. Shawn immediately shoved me behind him and faced the closed door.

"Jen?" I heard my mothers timid voice from behind the door and my body relaxed but Shawn still seemed to be tense.

I don't know what happened but when I saw my mother, tears ran down my face and I ran to her, needing her comfort.

She opened her arms willingly and squeezed me tight to her chest sighing.

"Jen, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for what happened to you."

I shook my head, telling her it wasn't her fault.

She gasped suddenly and let go of me, looking at something behind me with large eyes.

I looked back to see Shawn rubbing his neck and smiling sheepishly at my mother.

My mother looked at him with fear and I immediately stepped in between them and smiled at my mother.

"Mom, I'd like you to meet my mate, Shawn King." Shawn looked at me with a small smile on his face, his eyes shining in happiness.

"His eyes, they're different?" She said whispering, her head tilting to the side.

"It's a long story mom, I'll tell you some other day okay?"

I let out a loud breath. "Dad is here."

"I know. I came to warn you. He's brought friends. Other Alphas from the packs that...um...Shawn had raided. I heard them talking."

Shawn looked at me with concern and I immediately got to work.

"Okay mom I'm sorry I can't explain anything but we have to go." I grabbed Shawn's suitcase and Shawn grabbed mine and we headed downstairs.

I grabbed the keys to Shawn's car and opened the door as Shawn loaded the suitcases inside. He opened the door to the driver side holding out his hand for the keys and I looked at him in disbelief.

"I don't think so." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"What? Why!" He whined.

I looked at his chest pointedly. "Um...you're injured." I rolled my eyes and pushed him towards the passenger side. He threw his good side hand in the air but sat in the seat crossing his arms and not looking at me.

I chuckled at his expression. "Aww, is someone mad at me."

I threw the car in drive, my laughter filling the car but then it suddenly stopped as I saw my father standing in the way of our escape.

I slammed on the brakes, my body jerking forward.

My eyes connected with the man who started all of this. I guess I couldn't hate him, he brought me my mate but he was still an asshole.

I glared at him, my eyes twitching with anger and everything he did came crashing down on me.

He was the one who brought Shawn, well not really Shawn, here. He was the one who left after he left a callous man in charge of his pack. My pack.

I shouldn't even call him my father, I should call him what I really think of him, a monster. He is the enemy of my pack.

I stepped on the gas pedal, my face determined. I could see Shawn squirming in his seat from the corner of my eyes.

I was dangerously close to him, but he didn't move. The men he was standing with, moved out of the way as soon as I moved the car, but this man was stubborn he stayed rooted to the ground.

The monster inhaled closing his eyes in delight as if he were smelling something really good. My foot inched off the gas pedal. He's not going to move. And just as I was going to slam on the brakes, he stepped aside.

I drove past him, speeding away but not before I caught his expression in the rear view mirror. A grin, maybe a sadistic grin, was stretched across his face, watching as Shawn and I escaped for our lives.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Six hours later, and I was tired of driving. Shawn was asleep most of time but I didn't mind, he needed his rest. He didn't show it but I knew he was still in a lot of pain.

I glanced at his face again, smiling at the softness of his features. He just looked so...humble? I don't know, just not evil I guess.

We just passed through another town and I sighed, my head throbbing. I guess my injury was finally catching up to me. I wonder who hit me? I never got to see the asshole.

"What time is it?" Shawn's husky voice was still draped in drowsiness. He yawned and then moaned clutching his chest as he glanced at the digital clock on the dashboard of his car. 8:02 pm.

I can't believe how much of my life has changed in just a few hours. A few hours ago, Shawn wasn't even Shawn. He was someone I hated and now here he was sitting next to me, sleeping again probably sleeping off all of the change he had been through.

A light sheen of sweat was on his forehead and I frowned turning on the A/C when I realized it was on full blast. We were in the middle of July so it was bound to be hot. I checked his air filters wondering if someone had closed them but I could feel the cool air blasting on my hand. I put my hand to his forehead and the felt the heat against my hand making me frown even deeper.

I pulled over and shook Shawn, trying to wake him up but he didn't even move a muscle. I started to hyperventilate, my hands shaking as all the memories of him dying came flooding back in.

I shook him again feeling something wet on my hands. It was dark outside and I couldn't see anything so I turned on the lights in the car and took in a sharp breath as I stared at the red liquid on my hands.

I fumbled with the shirt on his body trying to see his wound when I finally just tore it apart. A cloudy green like substance was oozing out of his stitched up wound and I instantly knew what was wrong. His wound was infected.

I sat there not knowing what to do. As a werewolf, we could get sick like how I had gotten when I was in the cells but I've never heard of us getting infected before. Our...no, there bodies always fought off any infections because the wound would heal so quickly but this? This was something that had me worried.

I got back in the drivers seat and drove to the nearest hospital, trying not to break emotionally on the way there.

As soon as I was there I ran inside calling for help, two nurses about my age brought out a gurney and strapped down...my boyfriend? Is that what he was to me? He was more like my husband, at least that's how mates saw each other as.

A doctor came and looked at the wound while a nurse took his vitals. The nurse looked at the thermometer and frowned. My heart jumped in my chest at the sight afraid for his life...again.

They wheeled him in a room and I couldn't see what was happening. I tried to open the door but they wouldn't let me in so I waited outside sinking down in an uncomfortable chair.

Two or three hours had passed and I was sitting in the same position, my elbows on my knees and my nails in my mouth, a habit I've never had before.

I relaxed my back feeling tired all of a sudden. I was exhausted and hungry and my shoulders were sore. The door to Shawn's room opened and a nurse walked out.

"How is he?" She ignored me and walked to the nurses station about 30 feet away and I stalked after her feeling irritated that she ignored me.

"Excuse me? I asked how the patient I brought in was?" I said through clenched teeth as she sat in a chair. I was going to yell at her when she pushed a board towards me asking me to fill the admission form.

I glared at her and yanked the board out of her hand going over the questions:

Name: Shawn King
Date of Birth: ....

I skipped the question and went to the next, feeling embarrassed that I didn't even know the love of my life's birthday.

Marital Status: Married

My heart beat faster just thinking about it. I of course wanted to have a proper wedding but it felt right to say he was my husband.

A couple more questions and I had to lie on every single one of them hoping they don't conduct background checks.

I handed the bitch nurse her form and waited as she typed everything into the computer.

"And you are?" She asked.

"I'm his wife." I said with a small smile.

After I was done taking care of his admission, I went to his room to find a doctor reading his heart monitor.

His tired old eyes snapped to my face. "I'm sorry family only."

He doesn't even know who I am!

"I'm his wife." I spat at him.

I sat in the chair next to Shawn. He looked pale and his lips looked dry. Overall he looked sick.

"How is he?" I asked the doctor.

"Well when you brought him in, he had a fever of 105 and the wound on his chest was infected. I cleaned as much of it as I could and we have injected him with antibodies. Now it's up to him to survive the rest. How did he get his wound?"

"He, uh, fell on a knife." Well I couldn't say he was stabbed by my best friend to try to kill his wolf that for some reason was controlling his human body. Some traumatic reason that Shawn has yet to tell me.

The doctor looked me over scrutinizing my appearance and clothes.

He left without another word and I let out a breath of relief.

After sitting with Shawn for a few minutes, I went to the bathroom and almost shrieked at my reflection. My hair was matted down on my forehead making it a big, oily, unattractive mess and my face was worse. It was covered in red blotchy spots and small amounts of dirt. My clothes were the same, covered in dirt and ripped with little holes all over the place. I was in desperate need of a shower.

I left the room to grab our clothes from the suitcases. I set Shawn's clothes on his bed and ran to the shower, itching to clean my hair.

****

After the shower, I felt refreshed and clean but I was still tired as hell so I sank in the chair, trying to get comfortable and failing so I laid my head on Shawn's bed and grabbed his hand, pressing it to my chest just like I had almost 12 hours ago and fell asleep thinking about my husband, a ghost of a smile on my lips.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Bleh I know! Boring as fuck! Well hopefully it wasn't too boring...🤔

Anyways...did you guys catch the title in the middle of the chapter? Eh? Eh? Did you guys get it? We thought that Shawn was the Enemy of her pack but all along it was her messed up father! Eh? Eh? 😉

Um, well, goodbye until I post a new chapter! *hugs you awkwardly* 😐

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

228K 3.4K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
12.8M 452K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
95 11 10
"Channing..?" I screamed. "TURN AROUND AND FACE IT LIKE A MAN!" I yelled. "You are all I have now Channing. You are all I have Channing. Alpha or not...
134K 5.1K 30
Omega rejected alpha regret it desc.: (Excerpt from story) Those heart breaking words leave her mouth, making tears flow down my cheeks freely. "I A...