Everything Changes

By esoteric918

The sequel to It's Complicated. Life throws curveballs. Casey Anderson knows this, but can’t seem to get a b... More

Everything Changes
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 7

81.7K 1.4K 65
By esoteric918

It was a 45 minute drive to the house. With each minute I got more and more nervous. Amanda held my hand when she saw me fidgeting.

When we finally arrived at the house, I wasn't relieved to see 4 cars there.

"They’re out running. Conner said we should catch up if we're back before they are." Chris said from the driver’s seat.

Brian smiled, "Sounds fun. Let's take the bags to the rooms and get out there."

Chris and Jack both cheered. They were very quick about getting the bags separated into the right room. As soon as I had my bags, I turned on the stereo and shut the door. Matt was probably taking a late nap. He had been cranky the whole trip.

I put the shoes away first since that would take the least amount of time. I was putting my clothes away when I heard my bedroom door open. I didn't look over when I saw a figure looming in my closet doorway.

"How does it feel to be home?" It was Conner. I was relieved. I wasn’t ready to face Grayson yet.

I shrugged, "Fine."

"Are you going to look at me? I haven't seen the new you." I looked at him. He had more muscle now. He had 2 large scars going down his bare chest. He smirked. "Those vampires did a number on you, didn't they? I told you they were bad news."

I looked back at my clothes angrily. I hated being teased.  

"I don't need you mocking me Conner. I fucked up, I get it. Keep it over my head and I'll leave. I've beaten myself up enough over this as it is." I’m sure the anger came through in my voice.

He chuckled, "At least they didn't fuck with your hot temper." I did my best to ignore him. "Okay. I'll stop. Give me a hug."

I sighed and walked over to him.

"Do you want some help?" He offered.

I shook my head and gave him a tight hug. Conner may be a jerk, but he’s still my brother and I love him. I missed him.

"Do you even eat?" Now he was teasing me about my weight.

Ok, I only kind of missed him.

"Yes." I said annoyed.

He laughed, "Alright. I'll leave you alone."

I managed to put my clothes away and change into my favorite baby doll pajama set I wore to bed. It was cotton and had cartoon sheep on it. I was planning on going to bed early so I could get up and look for a job that would keep me away from home.

Brian and Amanda were so used to my choice of pajamas that they didn't even pause their conversation when I walked into the living room. Mason and Chris on the other hand looked over.

I grabbed a plate and put 3 pieces of pizza on my plate. I sat next to Amanda.

She smiled at me, "All unpacked?"

I nodded, "Just finished."

"Lucky. I'm not even halfway done."

I smiled, "I can help you for a bit if you want. I was just going to sleep."

She smiled, "Oh would you?"

"Of course."

She looked at Brian, "Keep Matt busy and we can get a lot of unpacking done."

Brian only nodded while eating.

I felt Mason and Chris' eyes still on me.

"What are you two looking at?" I asked over my shoulder.

Mason smirked, "Just wondering if you have underwear on underneath that."

I sighed and looked at Brian. "I guess I'll go change before I go to your room."

Amanda sighed, "They’re perverts. I mean, they probably haven't been laid in a year."

I laughed and ate my pizza.

Chris and Mason both left the kitchen before Amanda and Brian. I was the only one left in the kitchen, doing the dishes when I heard footsteps stop right after entering the kitchen. I looked at the reflection in the window and saw Grayson. He was shirtless. His shorts hung low, they were probably not his size. I didn't stop what I was doing.

I didn’t miss him. I told myself. He was the one who didn’t even want to talk to me.

"So who the fuck are you?" He asked rudely. All this time away from women had not helped his manners.

I put on my best fake smile and smiled back at him; of course he wouldn't recognize me. He made his blue eyes flash intensely. Like that was supposed to scare me or something. His hair was still short like it had been on my 21st birthday. I like the longer hair more than the shorter.  I just went back to doing dishes. He grabbed a slice of pizza from the box.

"Are you going to ignore my question?" He asked with a full mouth of food. "That's rude considering this is my house."

I sighed, finishing up the final dish.

"It's rude to talk with your mouth full." I muttered. He choked, obviously remembering my voice. I unplugged the sink. "Wash your own fucking dishes."

Grayson was still coughing when I left him in the kitchen. Maybe he’d asphyxiate. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about him.

I went to Brian and Amanda's room and helped her unpack her clothes. We got quite a bit done when Brian poked his head in. "It's 12."

Amanda nodded, "Alright. Let's save the rest for tomorrow."

I nodded and put up the last bit of Brian's shirts. I walked to my room and locked my door behind me.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was prancing around in my pink underwear, preparing myself for a day of avoiding pack members, when my door opened with a loud bang. I turned around slowly and saw Mason.

"That was locked." I stated the obvious. The obvious is too much for werewolves to understand.

He nodded, "You should know better than to keep doors locked around here."

I put my hand on my hip, "Is there something you need, or did you break my door just to piss me off?" He looked me up and down. "I hope you're not waiting for me to do a show for your deprived ass. Because I'm not."

"But you'll do one for my brother."

"Excuse me?" I took a step closer to him, "I haven't done anything since I've been here. I've seen Grayson once." I flicked my finger, knocking him back a couple feet. "Keep up the rumors with me, and I'll take away your right to please women."

He smirked, "You're hot when you're angry."

I slammed my door, which bounced back open because the handle was completely gone now. Mason had completely destroyed it. I put on some sweatpants and a shirt then walked out of the room. It was time to exercise. I shut the sliding glass door behind myself and started to run into the woods.

I was going to make an event out of this time I had to myself. I hadn't been in the woods by myself in a long time. I hadn't have time to myself in a while. I was usually with someone. That probably would have been a good idea since I’ve never been in these woods alone. I would probably end up getting lost.

When I got to a creek I smiled as I ran alongside it. It led to a nice sized body of water. It wasn’t big enough to attract weekenders, so I wasn’t worried about getting caught.

I could do some swimming. I climbed down the 5 foot drop and found a place I could set my clothes. I stripped down completely. I jumped off one of the rocks into the relatively clear water. Swimming had always been fun. It's a good way to clear my head. I was floating for so long that I started drifting off.

Until I heard something splash in the water. I quickly looked over to where the water was rippling. I made my way towards where I could touch the bottom. Then I heard the tree where my clothes were ruffle its leaves. I saw a black figure speed behind the shadow of a tree. 

One of the guys was messing with me.

"I know you're there. You should just come out." It was probably Mason, Chris or Jack. They'd take the opportunity to see me nude.

Grayson came out of the tree line near where I set my clothes...naked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8M 192K 32
When I walked into the school people look at me. I was walking to my locker and I smelled the sweetest smell ever. Mate!!! Go get mate's Reign was...
17.5K 1.5K 8
NOTE: This is a SHORT STORY set in the same universe with recurring characters from my previous novel, "Grayson". You must read "Grayson" in order...
7K 424 7
Here's a few ideas: 1.) Don't allow Liam Taylor to be alone with you 2.) Don't let him bite you and most importantly 3.) Stay away from rollercoaster...
1.5M 46.5K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...