What happened to us?

By DarkentheRisingSun

Seniors Xavier Curtiss and Matthew Smith have been best friends since fourth grade. Xavier has loved Matt sin... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

627 15 7
By DarkentheRisingSun

I remember those words my sister used to repeat to me. I don't see how, because I was just a baby at the time, but I remember them distinctly. Saved in the back of mind until this day. She would repeat to me,over and over again, "I'll never let anything bad happen to you Xavier. I'll always protect you."

...................

I ran quickly around the corner of the school as their steps got faster behind me. My breath was coming faster now and it hurt to continue running, but I couldn't stop now. I couldn't let them catch me again. I've been through that before and I never want that to happen again.

"Come back here, queer. We just wanna talk!" They shouted from somewhere behind me.

I kept running, across the school parking lot and into the woods. My breath came faster still as I pelted through the trees. I ran and thought hard about what I could do to stop this from happening to me. I mean, Why me?! Why is it always me? I'm not the only gay in the school and I'm certainly wasn't the most obvious out of all of us.

 I started to panic, making breathing even harder than it was before. I told myself to stop overreacting and overthinking. Just calm down.That's when I remembered what my sister always used to tell me.

I quickly whipped out my phone and dialed Michaela's number. The jocks were getting closer behind me and I cursed my phone as it slowly loaded the number and it began to ring. She answered within the first ring since I only call her on her cell phone when it is a major emergency.

"What's wrong little brother?" was the first thing she said as she answered.

"MICHAELA, THE JOCKS ARE CHASING ME AGAIN! COME SAVE ME!!" I said. Just then, I almost tripped, dropping my my phone in the grass.

"Aw, the queer needs his sissy. How cute!" The jocks yelled behind me.

I skidded to a stop and ran up the skinny tree to my left. I got up as high as I could when I noticed the jocks in a huddle at the base of my tree. They broke apart with big grins on their faces.Taylor started climbing up the tree. He only got up so far when the branches began to snap under his weight. See, I had the advantage here. I had a petite build. I aslo have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and flawless skin. I was quite gorgeous if I might say so myself.

I was snapped back to reality when I heard branches snapping. I turned to see Jake climbing up the tree this time. He stopped when he was about the same distance up the tree that Taylor was. He growled and backed down the tree. He yelled up to me "Fuck you, you little ass." He started to stomp away but Matt grabbed his sleeve and made him stay. Awwww. I made him mad. Point one for me.

 Next up was Brad. He was only about three of four feet below me when we both turned to the sound of tires squeeling around the corner. My sister's purple Mustang swerved around the corner and came to a stop in the middle of the school parking lot. She stepped out, looking dramatic in a leater jacket, black knee boots, and dark shades. She slammed her door and strutted across the parking lot.

Matt looked a little worried but hurredly replaced the look with one of boredom. He yelled up to Brad "Dude, just give it up. I'm getting bored." Brad looked uncertain. He was obviously loving the thrill of the chase but , in the end, loyalty won out and he returned to the base of the tree. I stayed at the top, not exactly feeling safe yet. I watched Matt walk out into the parking lot, straight towards Michaela. Uh-oh.

She walked up to him and stood up in his face. It was actually quite funny, seeing as she was about 5 inches shorter than him, exactly my height. He tried to shoulder his way around her but she shoved his shoulders. He fell to the ground, mostly out of the suprise that someone would stand up to him. She spit at his feet and walked around him. When she got towards his followers, she growled and they walked around her, giving her a wide birth and walking over to their precious Matt.

Michaela walked over to the tree I was in and yelled up "Where's my hug, little brother?"

I rushed down to her and jumped into her waiting arms. "Michaela, you saved me from the jocks. They're so scary." I whimpered. Let's just say, me and my sister love being dramatic.

By now, the jocks had left and it was just me and my sister in the parking lot. We headed toward her car and she layed her arm around my shoulder. "You know what..." she said with her idea face on.

I looked at her as I bent down to pick up my phone that I dropped earlier during the chase. "What?"

She held me at arms length and looked me up and down. "We should get you into a karate class."

I waited for her to laugh at her own joke but when I realized she was being serious I burst out laughing. In about 30 seconds, I was laughing so hard it hurt. I was bent over at the waist and tears were formig in my eyes. I wiped my eyes and gradually stopped laughing. I looked at her stunned face and said flatly "Right. That would happen."

 .......................................

On our way home, I quielty listened to Michaela talk about basically everything she has done since she last came to see me. I corteously nodded or commented in the right places.

A little while later, she carefully pulled into our driveway and parked behind my mother's Cobalt. We sat in the Mustang for awhile, regretting going inside. You see, ever since I came out about being gay, my parents were not exactly happy. They didn't disown me or reject me or anything like that. They just... They are always trying to change me back to being straight. On the other hand, my sister has supported me since the beginning and I'm pretty sure she always will.

"Yeah, I always will." She said with a smile.

"Dang it. Did I just say all of that aloud??" I sighed. "Sorry, I got a lot on my mind, I guess."

"You better not be worrying about those stupid jocks."

I sighed again and looked away. "We better go inside. Sitting in your car isn't going to change how they act."

She mumbled in agreement and got out of the car. We met in the front of the car and she put her arm around my shoulder and squeezed my arm. We walked up the sidewalk and into the house. My mom was waiting right inside the door. I could have guessed. She heard us park and waited for us to come in to attack me with stuff she thinks will turn me straight again. She even had a girl waiting in my room for me before. I left and slept in the guest room. I was scarred for life.

Before my mom could start something else, my sister grabbed her shoulder and steered her towards the kitchen, and started to tell her the 'everything that happened since I last came' story. She looked over her shoulder and motioned for me to hurry up and leave.

I ran up to my room and shut the door, turning the lock. I walked over to my bed and flopped down on my bed. I sighed as my toughts turned to Matt. He was gorgeous. He had brown hair that was a little bit lighter than mine. He also had vibrant green eyes and perfect skin that was always tan. He was just plain gorgoeous. We had been best friends until Junior year, when I came out about being gay. Why did he have to discriminate against gays? That day, the day that I came out about being gay, was the most horrible day in all of my exsistence. It was one of those moments where you just want one of those magic re-do buttons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Comment and vote, please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 85.2K 62
β€’[COMPLETED]β€’ Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
31.9K 984 15
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
317K 8.4K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
34.5K 1.8K 138
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...