Uh... I'm Actually A Girl (To...

By Wandering_Revenant

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke have a new member on the team. Kaori Rikuto is placed on Squad 7 without any argum... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
DISCONTINUED
Remaking
Questions and Doubt
Let's Get This Party Started
Sayonara
Change of Plans
All Done
[10] Just For You Guys

[5]

5.3K 171 70
By Wandering_Revenant

(The next day) Kaori's POV

"I don't get it. What's a Chunin Exam?" Touka asked. "I have no idea. According to one of Naruto's friends, it's an exam that gives genin a chance to become chunin." I explained. Touka and I were back at the small restaurant, having some coffee.

"So, what happened to you the night we went out? Why were you freaking out like that?" Touka asked. I couldn't tell her that I saw Rize that night. I doubt she would believe me. "It was nothing. I guess I kind of got a little freaked out since it's been so long since I've had any flesh." I lied.

I stared down at my cup of coffee before taking a sip. "Are you going to participate in these Chunin Exams?" Touka asked me. "No, I don't think so. I don't want to risk exposure." I said. I'll just explain to Kakashi and the others that I'm feeling sick or something.

"Hey, Kaori. We were wondering what you were doing here," I glanced back, spotting my team. "Hey." I greeted, my voice not really enthusiastic. "Who's your friend?" Sakura asked. "This is my best friend, Touka Kirishima. Touka, this is Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, and Sasuke Uchiha." I introduced.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Touka greeted with a smile. "Well, well. If it isn't Miss Forehead." Sakura's face turned into rage as she turned around to look at a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Ino pig! What are you doing here!" Sakura scolded, her face still full of rage.

"It's a restaurant, Forehead. We're allowed to be here. Looks like your brain isn't as big as your forehead." The girl known as Ino insulted. "Hey, Kaori. Who are these guys?" Touka whispered to me. "I have no idea. I've never seen these people before." I whispered back.

"Oh, and who's this?" Ino asked when she spotted me and Touka. "None of your business! He's mine!" Sakura said possessively. Ino ignored her and turned her attention to Touka and I. "Hi, nice to meet you. My name's Ino Yamanaka." Ino introduced, holding out her hand.

"Kaori Rikuto." I greeted. "Eat her, Kaori." I gasped when I heard those words. "Eat." It was Rize's voice again. "Eat." Rize repeated, more demanding. "Get out." I muttered quietly, but I was heard. "Kaori, is something wrong?" Touka asked with worry.

"Eat, Kaori." Rize commanded. "I SAID GET OUT!!" Out of anger, I flip the table over, making everything on top of it fly off. "Kaori, are you all right?" Touak asked. "Hey, what's gotten into you? What's your problem?" Naruto said with a frown.

I immediately run out of the restaurant and towards the training grounds. Once I got there, I fell to my knees and tried to catch my breath. "Rize... Rize, you liar!" I said angrily before slamming my fist into the ground. Tears willingly escaped my eyes as I closed them tightly.

"You said... you would always be there for me." I said, trying to force my tears from falling. "You... promised."

(Flashback)

"You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay. You're going to be okay." I kept repeating that sentence over and over as I rocked myself back and forth. I sat in a small room as my craving for human flesh grew. After I learned what I had become, I ran away from home.

It was the only way to protect my father. I found an abandoned warehouse and resided there. My mother was already dead. She died giving birth to me. I didn't know what to do. I could never go home. "My, my. I thought I heard someone in here. You look like a wreck,"

I lifted my head as I spotted a girl with long, purple hair and lavender eyes. She wore red glasses and a beautiful, white dress.

"Wow, I knew some of us had a hard time controlling our hunger, but I didn't think it would be this bad. You look awful." The girl said playfully. As she took a step forward, I crawled away from her. "You have to stay away from me. You can't be near me. I'll... I'll hurt you." I said. 

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm not going to get hurt." She assured me, still walking towards me. "You don't understand! You have to stay away from me!" I said, trying to stop her. I kept crawling away from her until my back hit the wall behind me.

I glanced at the wall behind me, then looked towards the girl, who was quickly in front of me. I quickly shielded myself, knowing my eyes have changed color. "Please, just leave. I don't want to hurt you." I pleaded. My body shook with fear as I felt the girl stare at me.

"What is your name?" She asked after a short while of silence. "My name?" I repeated. "What is your name?" She repeated, a bit demanding this time. "Ka... Kaori. Kaori Rikuto." I answered, my arms still shielding my eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kaori. My name is Rize Kamishiro," The girl introduced. "Kaori, there's something I want to show you. Remove your arms from your face please." I did as she requested and nearly got a heart attack at what I just saw.

Rize held up an arm in front of my face, her face expressionless. As if she was wanted to see my reaction. Blood dripped from the arm, almost making me throw up. But something else was telling me otherwise. My mouth began to water the more I stared at the arm.

No! I can't be thinking that! I don't want it! "Get it away from me!" I screamed as I covered my face again. "I don't want to live like this. Please... help me." I begged Rize as I pulled my knees to my chest. "Hmm..." I heard her hum.

"Kaori, look at me for a second." Rize requested. I hesitantly removed my hands away from my face. When I did, Rize took my face in her hands and gently kissed me. "Mmh!" I was shocked by her sudden action. I blinked, feeling something go down my throat.

It tasted like blood. Wait... it is blood! Not only was she kissing me, but she was also making blood go down my throat! My heart pounded in my chest when I tasted the red liquid. But in a weird way, I somewhat felt better. I was frozen in shock and confusion.

I didn't know how to react to this. Rize pulled away from me and traced her bottom lip with her finger. "There. Feel better?" She asked with a smile. I didn't know how to respond as I stared at her with a blush on my face. I spoke once I found my voice.

"Why... Why did you...?"

"Help you? Well, I don't normally help other ghouls, but knowing you, you'll become a binge eater someday. Just like me."

"A binge eater?"

"Yes. A binge eater is a ghoul who enjoys the taste of human flesh. A ghoul that can't get enough of it. That's what you'll turn into soon. Actually, that's what you are now."

"How do you know that?"

"Believe me. I just know."

Rize smirked at my confused expression. "Come with me, Kaori." She said as she held out her hand. "What?" I asked. "I can help you. I promise, as long as I'm with you, I won't let anything happen to you." Rize said. "You can... help me with this?" I asked.

"Yes. I can tell you're new to all this. That's why, I'm going to help you." She explained. I flinched slightly when she grabbed the sides of my face again. She leaned her forehead against mine, making me relax a little and close my eyes.

"I... I trust you." I said softly, gently placing my hand over hers. After I calmed down, Rize took me home and explained to my dad what had happened. Since then, Rize has been teaching me how to blend in with humans and how to control my hunger out in the open.

Then, she taught me how to control my eyes from turning red. Over time, I've befriended other ghouls and we got along really well. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed hanging out with Rize. The more time I spent with her, the more safe I felt around her... and the more I felt like I was falling in love with her. 

Rize and I sat on the couch as we watched a movie. My dad was working late again, so they house was pretty much empty. I was pretty tired and I wasn't sure if I could keep my eyes open much longer. My eyelids fell as I leaned my head on Rize's shoulder.

"Kawaii." Rize said quietly as she gently stroked my hair. 

"Rize."

"Yes?"

"I'm worried."

"What about?"

"The doves."

"What about them?"

"What if they find us?"

"They won't."

"But what if they do?"

"Then we'll just have to kill them."

I opened my eyes as Rize made me look at her and gently kiss my forehead. "As long as I'm by your side, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." She said. That sentence made me a little relaxed. As long as I had Rize, I felt happy. Well... I was happy... until that day.

I got home from school early the next day and went to Anteiku to check on Rize. "Hey, Touka! Hi, Mr. Yoshimura!" I greeted. "Hey, Kaori. You look like you're in a great mood." Touka noticed, smiling. "How was your day?" Mr. Yoshimura asked.

"Awesome!" I looked around the café. "Have you seen Rize?" I asked. "She was here earlier. She left with some kid." Touka explained. "A kid?" I repeated. "Yeah, they left a while ago." She informed. "Thank you," I bowed my head respectfully, then left the café.

I headed downtown to see if Rize was in one of her usual spots. "Rize?" I called. No answer. I'm guessing she wasn't here. I headed to the others places Rize usually hung out. But she wasn't there. 

I even went to Jason's hideout to find out where she went, but he said he hasn't seen her all day. I was starting to get worried. I search high and low for Rize, but I couldn't find her. I panted as my hands were on my knees.

"Rize... Where are you!" I called. I suddenly heard a crash near the construction site. "What on earth was that?" I muttered. I ran towards the construction site to see what had happened. "Rize? Rize, are you here?" I called once I got to the construction site. 

What happened here? Why does it look like there was a fight here? I looked towards a pile of metal pipes that seemed to be scattered everywhere. "Ka... o... ri..."

I looked over at pipes ad gasped when I saw an arm reach out. "Rize!" I ran over to her used my kagune to get the pipes off her. "Rize! Hang in there! Just hold on!" I said. The pipes had done serious damage to her body. There's no way I can get her to the hospital like this.

No! I have to try! "Come on! I'm going to get you out of here!" I tried to get Rize up, but she only pushed me away. "Go... leave now... Kaori." Rize whispered. "No... I won't leave you! I'm going to save you!" I said. "Don't be an idiot!" She snapped.

I was taken back by her tone. "Rize..." I started. She smiled weakly before gently placing her hand on my cheek. "Kawaii." Rize whispered before slowly closing her eyes. Her hand slipped off my face as she died.

"Rize? Rize!" I tried to shake her awake, but it was pointless. She was dead. You told me... you would stay with me. You said you'd never leave me. How... How did this happen? I looked over to my left, spotting a boy laying against some cinderblocks.

What's he doing? He looked like he was about to die. He coughed a little, blood running down his chin. I walked over to him and kneeled down in front of him. "I know you. You're... Kaneki Ken." I said emotionlessly.

He must have been Rize's snack. I took his cellphone and dialed 911."There's been an accident near the construction site. We need help right away." I said in an emotionless tone. I hung, then went back to Rize's corpse.

"I don't want to be alone again. My whole life, I've been isolated and a loner. I don't want to be like that again. Please, come back, Rize. I need you." I whispered sadly. Tears escaped my eyes as I stared down at her. No, I can't be alone again. I won't.

I lowered my face to Rize's corpse... and ate her. I ate her arms, her legs, everything. All that was left of Rize was some blood and a few of her insides. Now that Rize is apart of me, I won't be alone. Never again.       

(End of Flashback)

"But now... I can't forgive anyone what's happened to you." I murmured. I won't let another ghoul die. Now that I have Rize's power, I won't let any human kill a ghoul. "Hey, Kaori. Are you all right?" Touka asked from behind me.

"I'm fine," I said quickly. "Touka, I'm going to eat tonight. Tell Ayato to stay away from me."

"What are you planning?" Touka asked.

"Nothing. I just need to stay away from Squad 7 for a while."

I walked away, and headed home.

Naruto's POV

"I'm serious, guys. When Kaori was looking for me in his living room, some weird thing came out of his back." I explained to Sakura and Sasuke. "What were you doing searching through his home anyway?" Sakura demanded.

"Well, the guy refused to tell us anything about him, so I took measures into my own hands." I confessed. "You idiot! That's an invasion of privacy!" Sakura said. "Sakura's right, you idiot. What if Kaori saw you?" Sasuke said with a frown.

"Oh, shut up! Listen, there's something wrong with Kaori. I don't even think Kaori is... normal." I said. "What do you mean by that?" Sasuke asked. "I think... I think Kaori's not what he says he is. I don't even think Kaori's human." I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.7K 12
Sasuke has returned to Konoha of his own free will. Naruto thinks that they will be like the old days. Team 7 reunited. But Sasuke has not returned a...
469K 17.4K 34
Sasuke comes to discover that maybe Sakura wasn't the one for him. He's unhappy with his life, it's the reason as to why he was barely in the village...
1.2K 32 9
Naruto goes into the past and meets his past self. (now being rebooted into a new story so the chapters before the REBOOT A/N you can either ignore o...
20.3K 332 37
Naruto and his twin sister Kazumi, are the one of the last Uzumaki and Namikaze's left. Sasuke, is a different story. He doesn't want to seek reveng...