Player's Prayer

By niaaa_j

Ronny has always been that cold-hearted thug. You know, the player type. There's always been one thing to war... More

Chapter 1: The Morning After
Chapter 2: Partners
Chapter 3: Friday Night
Chapter 4: Double Encounter
Chapter 5: Run Into Two
Chapter 6: No Distractions
Chapter 7: Monday
Chapter 8: Late
Chapter 9: Making The 'Drop'
Chapter 10: I'm Sorry
Chapter 11: Hoes
Chapter 12: Way Back When
Chapter 13: Advice
Chapter 14: 5-O
Chapter 15: Recap
Chapter 16: Pops
Chapter 17: Friends Again
Chapter 18: Another 'Drop'
Chapter 19: Burn Baby, Burn
Chapter 20: Let Us Pray
Chapter 21: The Conversation
Chapter 22: Played
Chapter 24: The One
Book 2: It's Here!

Chapter 23: In The Closet

22.4K 978 1.5K
By niaaa_j

I dropped the gun to my side in complete shock.

"I've been in love with you since we were kids man."

I shook my head. "And you just now telling me this shit?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how. And I definitely didn't wanna lose you."

"You know I'm 100 percent straight right? Strictly pussy."

"I know, but it's never changed the way I feel. You just make a nigga feel..."

"Nah, I don't make a nigga feel no type of way. Don't even finish that fucking sentence."

There was a look in Quan's eyes that just screamed some nasty shit. I shook my head once again. "I gotta get up outta here."

Quan grabbed me. "Don't tell nobody Ronny, please."

Everybody know I ain't no snitch, but this secret was too big to keep.

"I might last a couple days, but you gon have to come out the damn closet cause you know I wanna tell Jon."

"I will, give me some time.. But are we still cool?"

No. Is what I wanted to say, but after all that we've been through together the word couldn't come out. "Yeah, man. But this some heavy ass shit."

I didn't even give Quan enough time to respond. I fled and sat in my car, contemplating what to do next.

Then I dialed and started the call.

"Hello?"

"You won't believe this shit."

~

Next Morning (Wednesday)

I couldn't even sleep last night, shit was way too heavy.

After my routine, I went to Granny's. I knocked and she opened the door.

"You look tired baby. What's the matter?"

I sat down on the couch and rubbed my face. "It's too much Granny."

"What is it boy?"

"Now I know why Quan hates Candace so much."

She sat next to me. "Because?"

"He's gay."

"WHAT!?" Ryan said, sneaking up on us.

"Yeah, he's gay." I said calmly. "And he's in love with me."

Heads shook, with no words to say.

"Where is this coming from?" Ryan asked.

I shrugged. "I'm just as confused as you. Let's go Ry."

This car ride was mostly quiet, besides the radio.

"I still can't believe QUAN is gay!" Ryan blurted, shaking her head.

"Never seen it coming." I mumbled.

"Are y'all still gonna be friends?"

I rubbed my face. "To be honest with you, ion know. That's our buddy, but if he cross the line..."

"He cut off." She finished.

"Right. We'll see how this goes."

"Well," Ryan said as I pulled up to her school, "good luck. Bye."

I watched her walk into the school and drove on down the street. Everybody was in they normal spot.

"Sup y'all." I dapped everyone, including Quan tryna play cool.

"Trap after school. Boss' order." Quan said to me.

I nodded. "I'll catch y'all later." I went inside the school.

I seen Mila, and she turned away as soon as our eyes met.

Then, Keisha came up to me. It's been a minute and I've been enjoying it.

"Hey boo." She smiled in my face.

"You slow? Or just plain retarded? I told you we ain't in no fucking relationship. Never have, never will be."

"How many times I gotta tell you I love and miss you Ronny?"

"You can keep telling me, but it don't mean shit to me." I chuckled coldly.

"You gon miss me Ronny, and when you do I'll be there." She said before storming off.

"Ight." It'll be a cold day in hell before I mess with that broad again.

Farther down the hall, were Africa and Asia.

"Hey Ronny." They sang in unison.

"Wassup ladies?" I smirked.

"Me and Asia just been thinking bout that night. We was wondering.. If you wanna have a part two?"

"Hell ye- no." I thought of the promise I made with God. Damn. They'd definitely have me back in that clinic. "I'd love to, but I made a promise to somebody."

I walked all the way to class with no more distractions. I slipped in my seat, thinking about the opportunity I just skipped out on.

"Hey Ronny." Candace greeted.
"Wassup?"

"How you feeling?"

"Bout dumb as hell."

Candace chuckled. "So that's why he hates me? He thinks I want you?"

I shrugged. "Ion even know man. But I need him to come out the closet cause I can't keep this damn secret."

"Who coming out the closet?" Tim popped outta no where, causing Candace and I to jump. "Y'all talking bout Quan?"

I furrowed my eyebrow. "Hold on, how you know?"

Candace punched me in the arm. "You just told him dumbass."

"I didn't." Tim laughed. "But I sensed it. Gays recognize gays, sometimes before they do." Then he went back to minding his business.

"So Candy.. Join us for lunch again today?"

"Hell no. I still got burns from Quan staring too hard yesterday. But Jon Jon was cool so I might consider it." She smiled weakly.

"Just sit with us. Quan will probably be too ashamed to look in anybody eyes. As for Jon Jon.. He always cool so you ain't gotta worry bout him."

"I'll ask Lena."

"She gon say yeah, she like a nigga." I smirked.

Candace rolled her eyes. "She don't like you. She likes any nigga who gives her the time of day, especially if she thinks they're fine."

"She still like me, nigga. Quit hating."

Candace shook her head. "Whatever you say.

~

Lunchtime rolled around. Candace and Lena beat me to my table.

"Glad y'all decided to join us." I smiled as I sat down.

"Lena just couldn't say no." Candace sighed.

"Well I'm glad y'all joined us." Jon Jon said, munching on a carrot stick.

I passed Candace a strawberry activia yogurt and the spork from my plastic silverware. She glared at me, but I ignored it.

"Why you feeding ol' girl?" Quan asked. He really tryna pick a fight?

"Cause I know what she likes and she keeps it light." I shrugged.

Candace nodded, nice save. She know I wouldn't put her on blast like that.

"Hey, that rhymed." Lena laughed to herself.

"Why you worried about ol' girl Quan? You like her or something?" Jon Jon asked.

"Not even close." I blurted.

Candace tried to hold in a laugh, but failed miserably.

Quan eyes bulged at me. Oops.

The rest of lunch was just small talk. Mostly between me and Lena and Candace and Jon Jon. Quan was somwhere else and I really didn't care.

~

I made my way to Mr. O's class. I passed the boys restroom, just to be pulled in. All I know is, this bet not be no gay shit.

"You told her?" Quan yelled.

"Yeah, so? She don't give a fuck about you or anything that you do."

"I said don't tell nobody! And what you do? Tell the girl I can't stand!"

"Candy won't say a word. She ain't did shit to you, so why you can't stand her?"

Quan sighed. "You know."

"I really don't, and I don't think I wanna know. So if you don't mind, I'm going to class."
~
I seen Ryan making her way to my car with some boy. She got in and the boy peeked in through the window.

"This a nice whip man." He said to me.

"Who you lil nigga?"

"Ronny, this is my bestfriend Kourtney. Kourtney, this is my brother Ronny."

Kourtney walked around to my side and held his hand out. "Wassup man?"

Ryan punched me in the shoulder. "Ronny!" She mumbled.

I reluctantly shook his hand. "Wassup?"

"Ry talks about you all the time, I just had to meet you."

"Likewise." I nodded.

Then someone blew their horn.

"That's my ride. Nice meeting you Ronny. I'll see you tomorrow Ry." Kourtney smiled.

"Bye Kourt." Ryan waved.

"I like how you let him take my nickname." I said once Kourtney was gone.

"Everybody calls me that."

"Since when?"

"That's not important. I gotta ask you something."

"What?"

"Can Kourtney ride with us to the house tomorrow? We gotta practice before auditions."

"Ion know that boy well enough to let him in my car."

Ryan smacked her lips. "Please! Plus, I know him and he's cool. I'll be nice to you for a whole week?"

"Wow, a whole week?"

"Don't push it, Ronny."

"Ight fine, he can ride."

"Thank you! How'd it go with Quan?"

I shrugged. "He's just jealous of the friendship I have with Candy."

"Are you gonna let him ruin it again?" Ryan asked.

That was food for thought. I won't let anybody mess this shit up again.

I pulled into Granny's driveway and

I headed to the trap. Not knowing what the deal was.

I went straight to the Boss' office.

I sat in the seat next to Quan. "Glad you're both here." Boss said.

"What's the occasion?" Quan asked.

"I told you that I'd be dying soon. The doctor told me yesterday I got a couple more months so I guess it's about time to let the other guys know what's going on. I need to tell them that after I'm gone, you two will be in charge."

"And when you gon do that?" I asked.

"I don't know."

**********

Secrets, secrets, secrets.

This chapter was short and lame, but whatever.

I'm think next chapter will be the finale.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 24.2K 26
"If you were really my best friend, you'd see that you were the only person I've ever wanted to be with. You've been dating everyone else while I'm j...
33.3K 1.7K 16
He broke my heart. And I let him do it. (DON'T STEAL MY WORK) SEQUEL TO MY BESTFRIEND
220K 8.4K 51
Charlotte's life at home was anything but simple. There was a lot of fighting and money issues, but everyone climbs a mountain to see the sunrise. Ch...
2.2K 46 30
A Highschool basketball star. All he cares about is gettiing head, playing ball, and the streets, he never plains on changing, all he know is the st...