14 And Betrothed

By Froodyie

Conan and Haibara have been dating for almost 7 years,after the Downfall of The Black Organization. They've b... More

Prolouge.
7 Years Later
Not so Secret Anymore
Betrothal!!!
Don't Scare Me Like That!
Pocky Challenge
Rain
Blue-eyed Cat
Return of the Rose Gun/Scourge
Knife
Rope Around Her Neck
Kidnapped
Baby Crows
Sherry
Friend or Foe?
Sources and Connections
Hollow
Envy
Epilogue

Home

1.4K 32 5
By Froodyie

"The magic thing about leaving home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better coming back. "
~Wendy Wunder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Chablis POV. Lab}
Chablis opened the small case to see a bunch of red and white pills, each with a sticker that spelled out Apotoxin 4869. With a sigh she closed the case and set it down on the table and turned her attention to the dirty blonde who was typing away.

"So these are the pills you made that you wanted to show me?" The girl asked. It took the other girl almost a minute till she replied with a bored "Yes". Chablis looked at the case. Aptx 4869. Who knew a side effect from this small drug would've brought the whole organization down 7 years ago. Miraculousy, Merlot, Moscato's younger sister and the daughter of one of the best spies, manage to make small replicas of Sherry's poison and was able to take away that pesky shrinking effect without problems. And Chablis was going to be the first to try it. She had waited for this day. Gin already had his chance with the first pill, now it was her turn. She smiled to herself as she grabbed the case and started hiding it in her bag.

"Aren't you suppose to use them until next week when your assignment comes up?"

She turned to look at Merlot who had now stood up and was walking her way. Before she can speak anymore words, Chablis reached into her bag and handed her the case. She watched in defeat as Merlot hid them in a safe near her desk and hid the key in her labcoat pocket. A awkward silence filled the room as Merlot proceeded to her typing. The silence was too unbearable for Chablis, she thought it would be best if she spoke out what she had in her mind.

"Yoshida-chan would've made a good sniper, you know.Also could've reproduced future BO members. I don't understand why we send her away like that. What if she spills the beans?"

"How many times did we explained this Chablis, " Merlot began as she stood and walked up to her until they were face to face, "Ayumi is being used to keep watch on Sherry and Kudo to make sure relationship doesn't get damaged. Our little vixen spy will appear in the picture after that first child pops out. Any more questions?", she finished the last words with a deadly tone.

Chablis shook her head and watched as Merlot left.

Little vixen spy eh? She thought to herself I think I already know who's our vixen.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Ayumi's POV;Somewhere in Beika}
The rays of the sun setting hit the lovely town of Beika as people walked the streets heading home. A lonely girl with shoulder length hair walked the street slowly, carrying her bag which contained her clothes. People ignored the teen and continued their everyday life.

Ayumi sighed as she tredged her way home.

Home......

She had a bowl of mixed feelings right now. She had felt a wave of sadness hit her when she got on the bus leaving Osaka and now she had a wave of happiness to be back in her hometown. Almost felt like crying tears of joy, but too embarrassed to do it in public in front of all these people. She sniffled back a tear and smiled to herself.

I have a few things to fix.

~few minutes later, near the dock~

Ayumi decided to take the long way home and oh how she regretted her decision. The shining white dots of the stars were already covering the sky and it wouldn't be long till the sun and it's beautiful tangy orange and pink glow would fade away and be cover by the dark blue blanket of night. She was hoping to get home before night, but it seemed that wouldn't be possible. She kept on walking.

"Genta!! What the hell are you doing!!??? "

Huh?

She turned her head towards the dock when she heard that familiar voice which she felt she hadn't heard in ages.

There near the dock was a tall boy and a large plump boy, both lost in a argument, something about eels. The tall boy and freckles and the large boy had a yen sized hole on his shaven head. Ayumi felt tears of happiness in her eyes. Without a doubt she dropped her bag and ran over to them. She didn't stop running until she bumped into the tall boy and hugged him from behind, taking him and his companion both by surprise.

"What the-Ayumi!!!" He said in surprise when he noticed who hugged him.

Ayumi now had tears in her eyes as she hugged him tighter, afraid that if she let him go he would disappear forever.

"Mitsuhiko... ", she managed to mumble.

Genta in the meantime grabbed his phone and started dialing Conan as Mitsuhiko hugged the crying girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Haibara's POV;Basement}

The strawberry blonde haired girl sat in the silence and darkness of her room. Her blanket hiding her from what hid in the pitch black nothingness. Her face was tear stained, she was skinnier than usual from lack of food, and had dark bags under her eyes. She had given up. Trying to find and bring back Ayumi had failed. The only thought that Haibara had in her mind was that she was dead.

Yes dead.

Maybe they shot her or tortured her until she went insane.

And who's fault was it?

Sherry's. Shiho's. Ai's.

Why didn't that stupid damn drug kill her!?

If she was dead then a innocent girl wouldn't have suffered because of her sins. Maybe she can stop this. Before any other innocent people that got involved with her get hurt. She stood up and groggily walked towards the chair near the computer. With a grunt she grabbed it and pushed it under the light on the ceiling. She then went to the closet door and rummaged around till she found what she was looking for.

A rope.

She fixed everything up and was finally standing on the chair, the rope around her neck. Looking down at the floor she thought,

Gomen Conan, I was hoping to restart my life and be with you forever, but I have hurt too many innocent people. I hope you will understand and get over a murderer like me.....

Taking a deep breath, she prepared to take a step.

"Ai-chan!! Noo!!"

Huh?

Haibara stopped herself and turned around and gasped.

Standing near the doorway was Ayumi, behind her was Conan, Mitsuhiko, Genta, and a worried Agasa. They wanted to move towards her but were afraid that she would jump off the chair and hang herself.

"Ayumi?"

It couldn't be. Shebwas hallucinating.... Ayumi was dead....
"Ai-chan, please get off the chair and take that rope off. ", Ayumi said as she made a move towards her.

"No. You're dead. They killed you!!"

"No Ai-chan, I'm alive!! See. They didn't hurt me!!" Ayumi shouted, almost closed to tears.

"Ai!! Please take that rope off!!" Conan shouted.

Haibara looked at the rope tied in her neck.

With a sigh, she smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks and she started untying the rope. As she was struggling trying to untying she lost her balance.

No

"NOOOO!! AI-CHAN!!"

Haibara closed her eyes as she prepared darkness to overcome her, but instead felt the softness of cotton against her cheek. She opened her eyes to meet Conan's sweaty and worried face. In the last minute he had managed to save her from falling and luckily the rope came loose when she fell and was now swaying back and forth....

She looked up at his cobalt blue eyes and started crying in his sweater as he hugged her tight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The story is finally done! Well almost not yet. The next chapter will be the epilouge! And it will include the summary of the sequel which will take place 6 years after this event.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.2K 58
WARNING: 18+ (Text/Script Version) Atsumu is not coming home? Sakusa is worried? Osamu is afraid to tell Suna how he feels? TRIGGER WARNING: Contains...
205 15 21
What happens when tenderness and emotions cause falling in love permanent...and unspoken words burst like fireworks..?? Kaitou kuroba got attracted...
25.6K 750 13
middle school hinata LMFOADJ Hinata Shoyo, Y/N's only friend since Junior High. who would of thought she'd get a crush on him after complaining about...
71.9K 1.9K 20
The Karasuno Volleyball Club will have a trip during summer break as a way of relaxing. They decide to go to the beach for a week and have the time o...