Forbidden Love

Par Lenox_Clare_

I watched the water drip down his nose and onto his beautiful full lips. I craved the warmth of his touch. Th... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 11

1.3K 37 3
Par Lenox_Clare_

"Ready to go?" Lisa asked perkily as my dad dumped ice into a cooler filled with cold drinks.

Dylan adjusted the backpack that contained our beach towels and other essentials for our canoe. "All set." He answered for the both of us.

°°°

Within half an hour later, Dylan and I were floating down the river. The splashing, hollering, laughing and music blaring from random canoes contrasted with the natural beauty surrounding us. I tilted my face up to the sun to absorb the warmth, feeling peaceful.

"Want a beer?" Dylan offered, flipping open the lid of the cooler that sat on the floor of our canoe.

"What about your mom and my dad?"

He glanced over his shoulder at the canoe that they were currently in. Lisa's eyes sparkled at my dad who had probably said something that amused her. Dylan turned back around and smiled. "They not going to notice." He pulled out a bottle before opening it and handed it to me.

"Thanks."

I glanced at Dylan's slumped figure. He seemed completely relaxed. Like he didn't have a care in the world. I wondered if he did miss his father. If he resented my dad? Yesterday was the first day he opened up to me and it intrigued me in a way that's made me crave to find out more about him.

"You okay?"

I smiled. "Yeah, why?"

"You were staring at me as if I had grown an extra head."

"Wouldn't that be useful." He scowled. I laughed slightly. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking."

"You tend to do that often. You know that right?"

I rolled my eyes playfully. "And you don't?"

"When do I ever stare out at nothing in deep thought?" He took a swig from his beer. "I'm not that dramatic."

"I wouldn't call it dramatic." I stated dryly. The temperature began to rise and I took off my T-shirt, revealing a colourful plaid string bikini. Dylan smirked. "What?"

"I don't remember that bikini." His eyes trailed down my figure. My cheeks tinged slightly pink, which Dylan noticed and immediately stopped the paddling, an amused grin curved his lips as he poked my cheek. "Are you blushing?"

I shot him an icy glare before slapping his hand away. "No." He smiled at my response and picked up the paddle again.

"What ever you say princess." I rolled my eyes at his comment. "What where you thinking about?"

I glanced up at him. "Your dad. My dad."

He nodded. Obviously he wouldn't want to talk about that topic. It must've been a difficult topic for him to talk about yesterday and I respect that he's not in the mood today.

We steered around a narrow bend, before the water opened up into a large pool surrounded by cliffs where people sat drinking and eating their lunch.

We stepped out of the canoe into chilled water that sent a rush of goosebumps over my skin.

Unexpectedly, a holler cut through the air. I spun around just in time to see a body plunge into the water with a huge splash, making the girls around him squeal from the cold spray. I looked up to the top of the ledge, where a line of people awaited a turn. My heartbeat sped up its pace just at the thought of cliff jumping.

"Are you coming?" Dylan called.

I pulled my attention away from the cliff. "Huh? Yeah, I'll be right there." Dylan continued through the water carrying the cooler. I glanced up at the cliff again, an electric charge shot under my skin.

What are you afraid of?
I heard Ethan's voice as if he stood right next to me.

Ethan pushed me to do things that gave me a rush. That was one of the things I loved about him. I clenched my hand into a fist to ward him off as I continued to stare at the cliff.

"Demi!" My dad hollered. I turned my head with a jerk. "What are you doing out there? Come eat!"

I made my way to them before climbing up on a chunk of rock. My dad popped open a can of beer while Lisa handed out the sandwiches. A conversation started up about the wedding. Their voices faded as my attention drifted back to the cliff.

Jump Demi. My heart skipped a beat.

"I'll be right back." I murmured. I stepped across the rock towards the path that led to the cliff. As I neared the yelling and laughter, a narrow edge peeked out over the water. I cautiously stepped closer to its edge and was overcome with a rush of dizziness when I looked down.

The water was clear blue, reflective as glass. My pulse quickened as I inched closer, working up the courage to take the step forward.

Are you scared? How pathetic.
I closed my eyes as my heartbeat sped up.

"Demi?" Dylan's voice broke through the silence. I peaked over my shoulder at Dylan. His eyes widened in shock. "Demi, what are you doing?" I turned away. "Demi, what the hell are you doing?!" Dylan demanded again in a panic. "You can't jump! You'll kill yourself from this height!"

I didn't look back. I took that final step and disappeared over the edge. Wind instantly swolled me up as I neared the water. My entire body rippled with adrenaline. The air hugged me tighter, stealing my breath. Nothing mattered in those few seconds. Not Ethan. Not Dylan. Not the wedding. Not even me.

The moment of peace ended abruptly as my feet slammed through the water. Gravity pulled me down until I collided with the rocks lining the bottom. Horrific pain shot through my leg as it grated against the surface.

Kicking off the rocks, I forced myself up to the light. My lungs burned for air as I fought for the surface with each desperate kick.

I gasped and coughed as I broke through the water. I looked back up at Dylan who was hovering over the edge. I gritted my teeth as I neared the boats. Lisa and my dad were still on the rock, totally oblivious to what had just happened.

Dylan plummeted into the water to reach me. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He demanded. "Are you insane?!" I attempted to stand up but faltered. His anger simmered down as he squatted down to my level and grabbed my elbow, lifting me up gently. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I lied while grasping his arm to stand up straight. "Can we go back home?"

Dylan hesitated at first. "Okay, I'll fetch the car keys and drop you off."

I gently lifted myself into the canoe while Dylan went to fetch the car keys. My entire body pained from the impact. I wrapped a towl around my knee, but couldn't prevent the blood from trailing along the bottom of the boat.

Dylan came back and jumped into the canoe. "I told them you have a headache and I'll be taking you home." I nodded my head in response. "Let me see it." He requested sternly. Hesitating for a moment, I slowly turned towards him and unwrapped the towel. He sucked in a breath through his teeth. "Shit Demi." I quickly wrapped the towel around my leg, clenching my teeth against the stinging burn.

Dylan didn't say another word as we paddled back. When we finally arrived at the load-out, my leg was pulsing and blood had seeped through the towel. Dylan grabbed my wrist and slung my arm around his shoulder for support and helped me out of the canoe. We slowly limped over the rocks to get to the car.

I felt Dylan getting impatient with my struggles, tightening his hold on my wrist as if it would get us there faster.

"Fuck this." Dylan stopped walking and scooped me up bridal style into his muscular arms as he walked the remaining distance back to the car. He opened the door and gently placed me on the passenger seat. I winced slightly as my knee hit the gear box.

The door slammed shut. My body jerked. It took him a while before the drivers door opened and he climbed in.

°°°

"What were you thinking?"

I sipped my warm cup of coffee and sighed in defeat before placing the cup down as Dylan entered the kitchen. He deserved an explanation. I just couldn't provide him with one. "Adrenaline."

"You could have killed yourself." I looked down and nodded my head discreetly. "My mom asked about the blood in the car." I glanced back up at him.

"What did you tell her?"

"Don't worry," He whispered, "I didn't tell her that you went fucking phsico and jumped off a cliff." He dramatized, receiving a highly annoyed eye roll from me. "Luckily it wasn't a lot of blood in the car, I told her I cut my foot open."

"And she believed that?"

His shoulders shrugged. "Apparently."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

734 82 28
A sacred union sealed by the mating of a true born hybrid and the calmest among nature....,. It's a bloody relationship.... " You wanna know how work...
63.8K 1.5K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...
103K 5.2K 29
Completed ✔ "Look at me. Look at me!" Mathias's head wipes around do fast. I swallow my spit getting ready to say what's on my mind. "I know you do...
10.8K 460 30
#39 in Supernatural Several tears have made their way down her cheeks, I'm unsure if it's due to pain or panic. She searches my eyes for several mo...