Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

By heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... More

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 6 - Lost Girls
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet

3.8K 56 8
By heartofice97

Outfits in external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods ove the fog-covered forest floor.

Elena: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the MFHS's office, Stefan took off his sunglasses.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the cemetery, Stefan and Elena were talking.

"I'm Elena," Elena told him.

"I'm Stefan," Stefan told her.

Elena smiled. "I know. We have History together."

From 1.01 "Pilot", on the bridge, Elena and Stefan were walking.

Elena hesitated. "Last spring, my parents' car..."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the cemetery, Elena sat at Grayson and Miranda's grave, writing in her diary.

Elena: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Drove off of a bridge into the lake."

From 1.01 "Pilot", on the bridge, Elena turned to face Stefan.

"You won't be sad forever, Elena," Stefan told her.

Elena nodded gratefully.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the Grill, Caroline, Eliza, Bonnie, Kacie, Alex, Stefan and Elena sat together.

"I live with uncle and cousin," Stefan told them. "Her name is--"

"Nicola," Eliza finished. "We know who she is. Even if she doesn't want to be known."

Stefan smiled a small smile.

"Any siblings?" Elena asked.

"None that I talk to," Stefan answered.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Stefan's room, Stefan looked toward the balcony. "Damon."

Damon smirked. "Stefan."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Stefan's room, Stefan looked at a picture of Katherine from 1864.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Elena, she's a dead ringer for Katherine."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the Gilbert House's kitchen, Alex and Elena stood together.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "That sister of hers, may be not he twin, but is very close."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Stefan's room, Stefan and Damon were talking.

"What was her name again?" Damon asked tauntingly. "Alex?"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon and Stefan were arguing. 

"Wherever you go, people die," Stefan told him.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the woods, the Gilberts came across Vicki and Kacie.

Liv knelt next to Vicki. She looked behind her to Elena, Alex and Jeremy. "Oh, my God, it's Vicki!"

Alex knelt next to Kacie. "No, Kace, wake up!"

From 1.01 "Pilot", at the bonfire party, Jeremy, Elena and Matt were with Vicki.

Alex, Tyler and Liv wee with Kacie.

"Something bit her," Tyler told them. "She's losing a lot of blood."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the woods, Vicki suddenly woke, gasping loudly in horror and pain.

From 1.01 "Pilot", at the bonfire party, Jeremy carried Vicki in a cradle toward a bench.

Elena and Alex each had one of Kacie's arms over their shoulders, pulling her with them.

"Somebody, help!" Liv called.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Kacie's hospital room, Tyler was sitting at the hospital with Kacie.

Kacie was in bed, a bandage over her neck, IVs in her arms. She could barely speak above a whisper. "Vampire."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Stefan's room, Damon was taunting Stefan, trying to get a rise out of him. "Don't you crave a little?"

Damon hit Stefan.

"Stop it," Stefan told him.

"Let's do it," Damon told him. "Let's just go straight for Alex and Elena."

Damon hit Stefan.

"Stop it!" Stefan told him.

"Imagine what their blood tastes like!" Damon told him. Stefan transformed, looking into the mirror. "I can."

Stefan looked at Damon. "I said stop!"

Stefan rushed into Damon, both of them shattering through a window, falling toward the ground below outside.

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon and Stefan were arguing.

"Stay away from Alex and Elena," Stefan told him.

Damon smirked. "I'll take that as an invitation."

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Kaylin stood in front of her car and Stefan and Damon.

Damon looked at her in shock. "Kaylin."

Stefan smirked.

"Hello, brothers," Kaylin told them, smirking. Damon walked inside. Kaylin walked toward Stefan. "I got your message."

Stefan smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "At least I'm happy to see one of my siblings."

Kaylin smiled, wrapping her arms around Stefan. "Don't worry." They pulled away. "I got your back if anything goes wrong."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the foyer of Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan, Nicola and Zach stood inside.

Kaylin stood outside at the door.

"Great," Nicola told them sarcastically. "All of the Salvatores are in Mystic Falls now, living under one roof. This should end terribly."

-~-

Day One

Night - Woods 

(Song:) Help I'm Alive - Metric 

The fog surrounded a tent.

-

Tent

An older couple was lying inside, kissing. 

The woman pulled back. "Hey. Did you hear that?" 

"Hear what?" the man asked.

"I heard thunder," the woman told him. 

"There's no thunder," the man told her.

"Are you sure?" the woman asked. "Because if it rains, then we won't be able to see the comet." 

"It's not gonna rain," the man told her. "Listen, I... got you a little something. It's back in the car. Don't you move." 

The woman shook her head. "Mm-mm." 

The man kissed her, standing up, unzipping the door to the tent. 

"Stay dry," the woman told him.

"It's not gonna rain," the man told her, getting out, zipping the door closed.

The woman remained lying on the blankets, looking at the tent above her, sighing. 

There was a liquid dripping. 

The woman smiled, shaking her head. "I knew it." 

(Song Ends) 

Outside 

The woman got out of the tent, holding a flashlight. "I told you it was gonna rain!"

It wasn't raining, but the dripping continued, unseen.

The man was nowhere to be found.

The woman looked around in confusion, turning around to face the tent, shining her light onto it.

There was blood dripping over the top of the tent. 

The woman raised her flashlight to the tree above.

The man's body was there, dead, his neck bitten and bleeding, dripping from his neck to his head, down to the tent below.

The woman screamed, gasping, turning around, running out of the woods, to the road where her car was, dropping her flashlight, trying to open the door. "Open!" The door was locked. "No! Please!" 

The alarm chirped.

The woman stopped in confused suspicion, turning around to look over the woods, knowing the killer was near. She looked up.

Damon's rushing form fell toward her, making her scream as they fell to the ground. 

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

Day Two

Morning - Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Elena laid in her bed, her eyes open with a happy glint. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room 

Stefan laid in his bed, his eyes open with a happy glint.

Elena: (voice over) "Dear Diary." 

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Elena laid in her bed. 

Elena: (voice over) "This morning is... different. There is change. I can sense it. Feel it." 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room 

Stefan sat up, shirtless. 

Stefan: (voice over) "I'm awake. For the first time in a long time, I feel completely and undeniably wide awake." 

Stefan stood from bed, turning toward the window.

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Elena sat up from bed. 

Elena: (voice over) "For once, I don't regret the day before it begins." 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room 

Stefan walked closer to the window to look outside into the daylight.

Stefan: (voice over) "I welcome the day." 

Stefan and Elena: (voice over) "Because I know..." 

Stefan: (voice over) "I will see her again." 

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Elena smiled. 

Elena: (voice over) "I will see him again." 

Alex sat on the window seat, fully dressed, looking at Elena with a smile.

Alex: (voice over) "Even though I don't feel as happy as I used to be, I know that I could find someone out there than can help me be that way. Elena has. Stefan. For the first time in a long time, she looks happy." 

Elena stood, walking toward Alex, pulling her out of the diary writing, smiling. "Come on. We're going to be late."

Alex smiled. "Okay." 

-

The Girls' Bathroom

(Song:) Closer to Love - Mat Kearney

Liv walked toward the door that led to the hall.

Jenna stood in her way. "Liv, hold on. Do I look adult? As in, respectfully parental?" 

Liv looked to the side. "Do I care?" 

Alex and Elena walked out of their room into the bathroom.

Elena gave Liv a chiding be nice look.

Liv ignored her, rolling her eyes, walking past Jenna to the mirror, picking up her brush and barely combing through it. 

Alex looked at Jenna. "Depends where you're going." 

Jenna stepped into the bathroom. "Jeremy and Liv's parent/teacher conference." She looked at Liv. "And I better get a good response for you, Liv."

"Then you're gonna be sadly disappointed," Liv told her.

Jenna gave Liv a look. "Hair up or down?" 

"Still don't care," Liv told them in boredom, pushing through Alex and Elena to walk out of the bathroom.

Elena gave her a look.

Liv ignored her, walking down the hall, toward the stairs, jogging downstairs to leave.

Jenna sighed, pulling up her hair into a bun.

"Sexy stewardess," Alex told her. 

Jenna lowered her hair around her shoulders in loose waves. 

"Boozy housewife," Elena criticized.

"Up it is," Jenna said. Alex and Elena smiled. "You're feisty today."

Elena nodded. "I feel good. Which is rare, so I decided to go with it, fly free, walk on sunshine and all that."

"And that has absolutely nothing to do with a boy that you've been hanging out with," Alex teased.

Elena smiled. "It has everything to do with him." 

Alex looked toward Jeremy's room across the hall. "Where is Jeremy, anyway?" 

"He said he was heading to wood shop," Jenna told them. "Something about finishing a bird house or something." Alex and Elena exchanged a look. Alex opened her mouth to speak. Jenna cut her off. "There is no wood shop, is there?" 

Alex and Elena shook their heads. "No." 

-

Mystic Falls Hospital - Vicki's Hospital Room 

Jeremy stood in the doorway, watching Vicki sleep. 

A nurse walked past him toward Vicki to check on her. "You can't be in here, hon. Visiting hours don't start till 9:00."

"I just--" Jeremy started. "How is she?" 

The nurse sighed. "She's lost a lot of blood." 

"Yeah, but she's gonna be okay, right?" Jeremy asked.

"She needs her rest," the nurse told him. "So you come back later." She walked toward Jeremy, leading him out of the room. "Come on." 

(Song Ends) 

-

Mystic Falls High School - Tanner's Class 

Mr. Tanner looked over his history class students. "Originally discovered nearly five centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years." Elena looked toward Stefan. Stefan looked toward Elena. "Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration." Stefan and Elena smiled at each other. "Are we bothering you? Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?"

Elena shook her head, smiling a small, embarrassed smile. 

The bell rang. 

-

Hallway 

Alex and Elena walked together, chuckling.

"So when are we supposed to meet up with Bonnie, Caroline and Eliza at the Grill?" Elena asked.

"I might skip that," Alex told her.

"Why?" Elena asked.

"Because my best friend Kacie is lying in a hospital bed," Alex answered. 

"Right," Elena told her. "Sorry." She sighed. "Is Kacie okay?" 

"As far as I know," Alex told her. "I just want to drop by, just to make sure." 

Elena nodded understandingly. "Yeah. Okay." 

Stefan walked up next to them, standing on the other side of Elena, holding a book. "Brought it. Told you."

Elena took the book from Stefan. "'Wuthering Heights by Ellis Bell'. You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name."

"That's weird," Alex told them. 

"All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms," Stefan told them. "It was the time. Female writers weren't very excepted back then." 

"How do you know that?" Alex asked playfully.

Stefan shrugged. "It's been in a lot of my literature classes."

Alex nodded, smiling. 

"Where did you get it?" Elena asked.

Stefan took a deep breath. "It was passed down through the family." Elena handed the book back to him. Stefan handed it right back. "I have lots of books. Keep it."

"Oh, no," Elena told him. She smiled. "But I would like to read it again. I promise I'll give it back."

"See you, Stefan," Alex told him, starting to walk away. Stefan nodded to her in acknowledgement. Alex looked at her sister. "Talk to you later, Elena."

Alex walked off, smiling. 

-

Another Hallway 

Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline walked through a doorway into another hall. 

"I'm confused," Caroline told them. She looked at Bonnie. "Are you psychic or clairvoyant?" 

"Technically, Grams says I'm a witch," Bonnie told them. "My ancestors were these really cool Salem witch chicks of something. Grams tried to explain it, but she was looped on the liquor, so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family? Yes. Witches? I don't think so." 

They walked around a corner.

"Never thought you were," Eliza told her in a sing-song voice, giggling teasingly.

"Yeah, well, feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night," Caroline told her.

"I didn't see him, and neither did Eliza," Bonnie told her, laughing. "You did."

Eliza looked behind her as two people passed, turning to Caroline. "Why didn't you just talk to him?"

"I don't know, Eliza," Caroline told her. "I was drunk."

Bonnie and Eliza laughed, all three of them walking to the next class of the day. 

-

Outside 

(Song:) Hang You From the Heavens - The Dead Weather 

Jeremy walked out of the school, toward Tyler, who was talking to two girls by the football field. 

Liv saw him walking, turning to look at them, watching them from the field in curiosity.

"Hey, Tyler," Jeremy told him. "Hey, I'm sorry to interrupt. I was just wondering how Vicki is doing, since you guys are so close. Is she okay?" 

"She's fine," Tyler answered. "Now get out of here." 

"How bad is she?" Jeremy asked. "What attacked her and Kacie? Are they gonna make a full recovery? Were they happy to see you? What room numbers are they in? Or did you even go see Kacie, your little sister?" 

"I'm gonna kick your ass," Tyler told him.

"Yeah, you keep saying that, but when are you actually gonna do it?" Jeremy asked. "Huh? Because I vote for right here, right now."

Jeremy pushed Tyler back, raising his eyebrows. 

Tyler looked at the girls next to him. He looked at Jeremy. "Walk away, Gilbert. It's your final warning."

"No, this is your final warning, dick," Jeremy told him. "I'm sick of watching you play Vicki when you're into Alex." Liv was still watching, mouthing the word 'ooh', chuckling. Tyler and Jeremy heard the laugh, looking toward Liv. Liv waved at them sarcastically. Jeremy looked at Tyler, pointing at him threateningly. "If you hurt Vicki one more time or even try to get with my sister, I swear to God, I will kill you."

Jeremy turned away, walking back to the school building without another word.

Tyler looked at the two girls standing next to him. "Damn, that was like a death threat. Did you hear that?"

Liv's amusement drained away. She rolled her eyes, turning around, walking further onto the field. 

-

Elsewhere 

Alex walked out of the school's front double doors, turning to the left without looking up, walking into Tyler, dropping her bag to the ground, the books in her arms falling with it. "Damn it." She looked up at Tyler. "I'm so sorry." 

Tyler seemed sweet at the moment. "No problem."

Tyler and Alex knelt to the ground, picking up her things.

Alex looked up at Tyler warily. "Thanks."

"Anytime," Tyler told her. 

"Hey, how are Vicki and Kacie?" Alex asked, putting her bag over her shoulder, having the books balanced on her arms again, standing.

Tyler looked at her with a slightly agitated expression. "Not you, too." 

"What is your problem?" Alex asked. "I didn't say anything other than if Vicki, your girlfriend, and Kacie, your sister and my best friend, were okay."

Tyler retreated, relaxing. "Oh. It's just your brother." 

"What do you mean, my brother?" Alex asked.

Tyler scoffed. "Little Gilbert thinks that he's so big and bad, he'll willing to take me on over Vicki while Little Liv is just standing there and snickering." 

Alex's eyebrows furrowed. She shrugged. "So what?" Tyler looked at her in confusion. Alex chuckled without humor. "Maybe if you treated her better, and treated Kacie like a sister rather than an enemy, they wouldn't have been attacked in the first place. And maybe you wouldn't have any problems with Jeremy 'willing to take you on' or Liv 'just standing there and snickering'."

Alex took a deep breath. 

Tyler looked amused and sheepish. "Get it off your chest?" 

"Yes, I did," Alex answered. Tyler smiled. "Just tell Kacie I hope she gets better." 

Alex walked past him. 

Tyler turned after her, grabbing her arm gently to stop her. 

Alex looked at him, looking down at his hand on her arm, then him, then his hand.

Tyler took the hint, letting go of her. "You wanna go with me to check on her? Give me a ride, and you'll have proof for yourself that I'm not just ditching out on her." 

Alex sighed. "I can't. I rode with Bonnie and Elena." Stefan was sitting on a bench further away, listening to them from where he was. "What happened to your car?" 

"My dad took the keys 'cause he thinks I should've stopped what happened," Tyler explained.

"It was an animal that attacked them," Alex told him. "How could you stop that?" 

"Well, according to Kace, they were attacked by a vampire," Tyler told her.

Stefan looked up in alarm. 

Alex's eyes widened slightly, nearly laughing. "What?" 

"Yeah," Tyler answered. "She wakes up last night, mutters 'vampire', then passes right back out. It's weird."

Alex smiled a teasing smile, speaking sarcastically. "Well, no, she just blamed their attack on something that doesn't exist." 

"I think she was drunk," Tyler corrected, amused by her reaction.

Alex nodded, looking to the side. "We did drink a lot last night. I had a hell of a hangover this morning."

Tyler chuckled. "So you wanna ride with me to see if she's okay?" 

"I have to meet Elena, Caroline, Eliza and Bonnie at the Grill after school," Alex told him.

"Come on, you can ditch Caroline, Eliza, Bonnie and your sister to see if your best friend's okay," Tyler pointed out with a smirk.

Alex pressed her lips together, knowing he had a good point, coming up with another excuse. "Who's gonna give us a ride?" 

"Well, the other girl's brother who just happens to be my best friend," Tyler answered.

Alex looked down, smiling a small smile. "Matt." 

"So that's a yes?" Tyler asked. Alex looked at him in curiosity. "What?" 

"Nothing, it's just..." Alex trailed off, sighing, deciding to be blunt. "The only time you're not a dick is when it comes to Kacie." 

Tyler looked at Alex with a sly smile, as if he was trying to keep that a secret. "Shh. Don't tell Kacie that."

Alex laughed once. "Secret's safe with me." She shrugged, chuckling. "And it's not like she would believe me, anyway."

Tyler chuckled. "Right." 

Tyler and Alex turned, walking in the direction Stefan had been. 

Stefan had disappeared. 

-

Tanner's Classroom 

Jenna was dressed maturely, her hair up in a bun, sitting in a desk. 

Tanner stood in front of her. "As Jeremy and Liv's teacher, I'm concerned. All right? It's the third day of school, and Liv's skipped three of her classes, all of which are when she's supposed to be in here for history. Jeremy has skipped six classes." 

"Mr. Tanner, are you aware that Jeremy and Liv's parents died?" Jenna asked. 

"Four months ago," Tanner answered. "A great loss. Car accident. Wickery Bridge, if I remember correctly. And you're related to the family, how? The, uh, mother's kid sister?" 

"Younger sister," Jenna corrected. "Yes." She scratched her head awkwardly. "Six classes? Are you sure? I mean, that's kind of hard to do."

Tanner shook his head. "Not when you're on drugs. It's his attempt at coping, Ms. Summers. And the signs are there. He's moody, withdrawn, argumentative, hungover. Liv has all of these signs, except for the hungover portion. She may not be on drugs, but her anger is going to drive her to do something that she's not going to be able to take back. Are there any other relatives in the picture?" 

"I'm their sole guardian," Jenna told him.

"Uh-huh," Tanner told her. "Could there be?"

Jenna looked at him coldly. "What are you suggesting, exactly?"

"It's an impossible job, isn't it?" Tanner asked. "Raising four teens?"

Jenna shook her head, looking away. "It's been tough, but, no, it's not."

"Wrong answer," Tanner told her. "It is an extremely impossible job, and anything less, then you're not doing it properly."

Jenna opened her mouth to speak, but no sound came out. She exhaled, ashamed.

-

Mystic Falls Hospital - Hallway 

Tyler led Alex down the hall, taking her hand to lead the way. "Her room's this way." 

-

Kacie's Hospital Room

The bed was empty.

Tyler looked at it in confusion, walking inside.

Alex pulled her hand out of his, starting to follow. "What?" 

"She's gone," Tyler answered.

Alex walked in, looking at the empty room. "Kacie?" She looked around. "Kace? Kace?" She looked to the side, jumping. "Tyler." 

Tyler looked at her.

Kacie was standing next to Alex, looking dazed, confused and numb. 

Tyler stepped closer. "Kace? Kacie."

Kacie didn't answer.

Alex reached toward her.

Kacie backed away into the wall, looking at them coldly. 

-

Hallway 

Stefan walked through the hallway alone.

Matt entered the hallway from another door.

Stefan stepped into hiding before he was seen.

-

Vicki's Hospital Room 

Matt walked into Vicki's room, looking at her. "Hey, Vic." Vicki had the same dazed, confused and numb look as Kacie did. "Vicki, hey. Vic, it's Matt. Hey, what's wrong?" 

Matt touched her shoulders.

"No!" Vicki screamed. "No!" She thrashed violently. Matt restrained her. "Get off!" Vicki turned toward him. "No! No!" 

-

Hallway 

Matt ran out of the room. "Nurse!" 

Stefan rushed into Vicki's room.

-

Kacie's Hospital Room 

Tyler, Alex and Kacie heard Vicki's screams. "No!" 

Tyler and Alex looked toward the door and the hall, away from Kacie.

Kacie grabbed Tyler's shoulder, kneeing him in the stomach, making him groan in pain, leaning over. Kacie turned to Alex, pushing past her, running out into the hall. 

"Ow," Tyler whispered. 

Alex pushed away from the wall, running after Kacie. "Kacie!" 

-

Hallway 

Tyler ran out of the room. "Alex." 

Alex stopped running, turning to face Tyler. "Get help." Tyler nodded, running down the opposite hallway. Alex turned after Kacie, following her. "Kace!" 

Kacie ran around a corner.

Alex started to follow her.

There was a voice that was a whisper to distract her. "Alex." 

Alex slowed to a stop, looking behind her in confusion. 

No one was behind her. 

"Tyler?" Alex called. 

There was no answer. 

-

Another Hallway 

Kacie continued to run until she saw someone standing in front of her.

Stefan stood there, grabbing Kacie before she tried to run away, rushing out of the hallway.

Alex ran into the hall from the side Kacie had came, looking around breathlessly, confused.

-

Kacie's Hospital Room 

Stefan laid Kacie in her bed, looking into her eyes. "It was an animal that attacked you and Vicki last night. It was an animal."

"It was an animal," Kacie repeated.

"It moved too fast for you to see and you couldn't stay awake," Stefan told her.

"I blacked out," Kacie told him. 

"It was an animal," Stefan told her.

"It came out of nowhere," Kacie told him.

"Go to sleep," Stefan told her.

Kacie closed her eyes, falling asleep.

Stefan had disappeared. 

Tyler and Alex led a nurse into the room.

"Where is she?" the nurse asked. She walked past Tyler and Alex to see Kacie lying on her bed, asleep. "She's right there." Tyler and Alex looked helplessly confused. "That joke's not funny." 

The nurse turned around, walking out of the room.

"It wasn't a joke," Tyler told her.

Alex sighed, turning to face him. "I gotta go. Please tell me what's wrong when you find out."

"Of course," Tyler told her. 

Alex turned around, walking out of the room.

Tyler looked at his sleeping sister in silent worry.

-

Vicki's Hospital Room 

Matt led another nurse into the room.

"She seems fine," the nurse told him.

Matt turned around, seeing Stefan walking down the hall, starting to follow.

-

Hallway 

Stefan walked down the hall, turning into a different room.

Matt continued to follow him in confused suspicion.

-

Blood Bank 

Stefan walked into the room where nurses were drawing blood from their patients.

There were blood bags everywhere.

Stefan transformed briefly, walking quickly toward a hidden window.

Matt walked into the room, not seeing Stefan. He walked toward the curtains, pulling them aside to look out of the window, outside.

Stefan had disappeared. 

Matt looked around, out of the window in confused suspicion.

-~-

The Grill - Outside 

(Song:) Heavy Cross - Gossip

Bonnie, Caroline, Elena and Eliza were sitting at a table. There was an open seat for Alex when she decided to arrive.

"I was talking to Grams," Bonnie told them. "She said the comet is a sign of impending doom. Last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was a lot of death. So much blood and carnage it created a bed of paranormal activity."

"Mm," Caroline hummed sarcastically. "Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot, and she told you about the aliens." 

Eliza rolled her eyes at her sister's insensitivity, turning to Elena. "So then what?" 

"So then nothing," Elena answered.

"You and Stefan talked all night?" Eliza asked skeptically. "There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?" 

"Nope," Elena answered. "We didn't go there. Oh, Eliza, Alex can vouch for that... if she was here."

Alex arrived, sitting in the empty chair. "I am here. Sorry I'm late. Kacie's acting... weird. What have I missed?"

"Oh, nothing," Eliza answered. She looked at Elena. "Not even a handshake."

Elena gave her a sarcastic look. "Hilarious, Eliza."

Eliza looked at Caroline and Bonnie. "I mean, Elena, we are your friends, okay?" She looked at Alex. "And she is your sister. "You are supposed to share the smut." 

"We just talked for hours," Elena told them.

"What is with the blockage?" Caroline asked. "Just jump his bones already." Alex gave Caroline a what the hell look. Bonnie looked at Eliza in confusion. Eliza shook her head as if to say, I don't know what to tell you. "Okay, it's easy." Caroline held out one hand. "Boy likes girl." She held out the other. "Girl likes boy." She smiled mischievously. "Sex." 

"Profound," Elena told her sarcastically.

"Mm," Caroline hummed sarcastically. 

Elena put her napkin down, turning around to get her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked.

"Caroline and Eliza are right," Elena told them. Caroline and Eliza exchanged a confused smile. "It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying I was gonna do."

"And what is that?" Alex asked. 

Elena grabbed Alex's wrist, pulling her with her. "Something you need to come with me for so that I don't talk myself out of it."

"Sure thing," Alex told her, following her toward the car.

Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline exchanged a look. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Jeremy and Liv walked into the room.

Jenna was standing at the kitchen island counter. "I picked up dinner. Tacos. Had an urge for guacamole."

"No, I'm good, thanks," Liv told her. 

Jeremy walked toward the back door. 

"Eat anyway," Jenna told them. "It's a ruse. I wanna talk." Liv walked toward the stairs. Jeremy walked toward the back doors. "Hey, both of you. Come. Sit." Liv and Jeremy exchanged a look, sighing, sitting across from Jenna. "Back at school. Freshman year. I could eat my weight in nachos. With extra cheese. It was my munchy food whenever I got stoned." 

Liv looked at her in surprise. 

Jeremy smiled. "You get high?" 

"Did," Jenna answered. "Past tense. But, yeah. Loved it. Anything to get a little distraction from life. Reality." Liv dug into the bag of chips. Jenna took the bag away. Liv gave her a what the hell look. Jenna smiled, taking a chip, opening a can of cheese. "And it works. For a while." She shook her head. "Never lasts, though." She walked toward the fridge. "Hey, I'm not staying I wouldn't love to rail back and kick it." Liv and Jeremy exchanged a look, standing. Liv walked toward the hall leading toward the stairs. Jeremy walked toward the back doors. "But with a thesis looming and a waist line expanding..." 

Jenna turned to see that Liv and Jeremy had left without her knowing. She sighed, not knowing what to do.

-

Mystic Falls Hospital - Kacie's Hospital Room 

Kacie was sitting up in bed, a tray of food in front of her. 

Tyler was asleep in the chair next to her.

Kacie took an apple off of the tray, throwing it into Tyler's stomach. 

Tyler woke up, groaning in pain. "What the hell?" 

"Finally you're awake," Kacie told him. 

"You hit me where you kneed me earlier," Tyler told her, sitting up. 

Kacie looked at him in confusion, shaking her head after a moment. "Hey. Please say Mom and Dad aren't here." 

"They're not," Tyler answered. "They got called out. Something to deal with the Founder's Council." He tilted his head. "But Alex was here earlier." 

"Of course she was," Kacie said simply. "That's what a best friend's for." Tyler looked thoughtful. Kacie rolled her eyes. "And, no, I'm not talking to Alex for you." 

"That's not it," Tyler told her. "What was with you taking off earlier?" 

"What are you talking about?" Kacie asked.

Tyler scoffed, looking away. "Nothing. Kace, what attacked you?" 

Kacie blinked, trying to remember. "Some animal. I don't know. I blacked out."

"Hmm," Tyler hummed. "Well, you get to come home tomorrow." 

Kacie sighed, over exaggerating her voice. "Finally!" Tyler smiled a small smile at her reaction. Kacie looked at him in curiosity. "You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that you were being a concerned brother." 

Tyler scoffed. "You're delusional." 

Kacie and Tyler smirked. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Outside 

Alex and Elena walked toward the door.

"I'm not sure if I wanna do this anymore," Elena told her.

"You brought me here so I wouldn't let you back out, so I won't," Alex told her.

Elena smiled, pulling on the doorbell to ring it. 

There was no answer.

Alex used the knocker to knock on the door.

The door inched open. 

Alex and Elena exchanged a look, walking inside. 

-

Inside - Hallway

Alex and Elena looked around.

"Stefan?" Elena called, looking around slowly. She looked at Alex. "Maybe he's not here." 

Alex looked around. "We're not leaving until we make sure." She looked around the large, decorated mansion. "Stefan?" 

Elena looked at the open doorway behind them. "Alex." 

Alex turned to face the open doorway, stepping forward.

Damon's crow suddenly flew in, hawing, flying through the space between their heads, making both of them gasp.

Alex turned to face the other direction.

Damon stood directly in front of Alex, tilting his head, looking over her inquisitively.

-~-

Alex still stood within inches from Damon. "I, um... Uh--"

Elena stepped forward, saving her from embarrassment. "We're sorry for barging in like this. The door was..." She turned to the closed door. "Open." 

Damon looked at Elena. "You must be Elena. I'm Damon, Stefan's brother." 

Kaylin appeared in the hall behind them. "Damon..." 

Alex and Elena turned their heads to see Kaylin.

"Oh, hey, Kaylin," Damon told her. He looked at Alex and Elena. "And this is our little sister Kaylin."

"Stefan didn't tell me he had a brother," Elena told them. She looked at Kaylin. "Or a sister." 

Alex's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, Stefan's not one to brag," Kaylin told them, trying to change the subject.

Damon smirked tauntingly at Kaylin. 

Kaylin gave him a look.

Damon looked at Alex. "And who must you be?" 

Alex smiled. "I'm Alex." 

Damon smiled, walking in between Alex and Elena, leading both of them with each of his arms into the room where Kaylin was. "Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along in a second." 

-

Living Room

They walked into the living room. 

Kaylin slowly followed, staying on the steps.

Nicola was standing in the other doorway.

Alex saw her. "Hey, Nicola." 

Elena smiled. "Nicola, hi."

"What are you doing here, guys?" Nicola asked cautiously. 

Alex and Elena looked at her in confusion, thinking the warning in her voice was directed to them.

Nicola looked at Kaylin behind them.

Kaylin looked at her with an assuring glance. 

"I just wanted to talk to Stefan," Elena answered. "I asked Alex to come."

Elena looked around the room again.

"Wow," Alex told them, doing the same. "This is your living room?"

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction," Damon told them. "It's a little kitschy for my taste."

"Damon, can we talk?" Nicola asked.

"Can it wait, Nikki?" Damon asked. He nodded to Alex and Elena, smirking, taunting her. "We have company at the moment, Nicola." Nicola glared at him. Alex and Elena were aware of the tension in the air. Damon looked at Elena. "I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time. For awhile there, I thought he'd never get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him." 

Kaylin and Nicola exchanged a knowing, annoyed look. 

Alex looked down.

"The last one?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, Katherine," Damon answered. Kaylin scoffed, shaking her head. "His girlfriend." Elena shook her head, pressing her lips together. "Oh. You two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet."

"Nope," Elena answered. 

"Oops," Damon told them, looking at Kaylin tauntingly. "Well, I'm sure it'll come up now." Kaylin rolled her eyes, leaning against the door frame. Alex narrowed her eyes at the exchange. "Or maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound." Kaylin opened her mouth to speak, but thought better of it, closing her mouth. Damon smirked at this reaction. "We all know how those relationships end." 

"You say it like every relationship is doomed to end," Alex told him.

Damon looked at Alex, tilting his head. "I'm a fatalist." 

"Hello, Stefan," Kaylin told him.

Stefan appeared in the foyer behind Kaylin. 

Nicola looked toward them.

Alex, Damon and Elena turned to face them.

"Alex, Elena," Stefan told them. "I didn't know you were coming over." 

Elena stepped forward. "I know, I should've called--"

"Oh, don't be silly," Damon told her. "You're welcome any time, aren't they, guys? Or should I ask Nikki, since we're 'staying here'?" Nicola glared at him. Damon smirked, looking at Alex and Elena. "You know, I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies. But..." He looked at Stefan and faked whisper to them. "I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker."

Kaylin took a deep breath to speak.

Stefan cut her off. "Thank you for stopping by. It was good to see you."

Alex nodded. "Yeah, we should probably go." She turned to Damon. "It was nice to meet you, Damon." 

Damon took her hand in his. "Great meeting you, too, Alex." He kissed Alex's hand. Alex smiled a small smile, stepping aside. Damon turned to Elena. "You, too, Elena." 

"Likewise," Elena told him.

Alex and Elena walked past Damon, looking at Stefan and Kaylin on the steps. 

"It was nice to meet you, too, Kaylin," Alex told her.

"You, too," Kaylin told them.

"I hope to see you again, Kaylin," Elena told her. "Stefan?" Stefan didn't respond. Elena lowered her voice. "Stefan?" 

Stefan never looked away from Damon, stepping out of Alex and Elena's way to the door. 

Alex and Elena walked out of the house, closing the door behind them. 

Damon whistled. "Great gals. Elena's got grace, Alex's got spunk." He looked at Stefan tauntingly. "You, on the other hand, look pooped." Stefan walked forward, not responding. "Did you over exert yourself today? Ah. Let me guess." Damon turned to face Stefan. "Hospital."

"Someone had to clean up your mess," Stefan replied.

"Well, were you successful?" Damon asked. "Did the powers of persuasion work? Remember, if you don't feed properly, none of those little tricks work right." 

Stefan looked from Nicola to Kaylin on either side of the room. "Kaylin, Nicola, how long were Alex and Elena here?" 

"He didn't hurt them, or compel them," Nicola told him. "Kaylin made sure of that." 

Kaylin smiled. "Does that mean I earned a little bit of your trust, Nicola?" 

"We'll see," Nicola told her.

"Aw," Damon told them. "Girl bonding. That's very sweet. We all know how Kaylin always wanted a sister." Nicola rolled her eyes. Kaylin smirked at her reaction. Damon looked at Stefan. "But are you worried, Stefan? Scared we may be doomed to repeat the past? Huh? Is that why you play your game, 'I'm a high school human'?" 

"I'm not playing any game," Stefan told them. 

"Of course you are," Damon told him, walking past him, closing to the hallway to where Nicola was standing. "We all know the closest you'll get to humanity..." He stepped closer to Nicola, speaking into her ear tauntingly, as if he would hurt her. "Is when you rip it open and feed on it. Isn't that right, Nikki?"

Nicola looked forward steadily, not giving a reaction. If she was intimidated by Damon or not, she didn't show it. She looked at Damon defiantly. "What kind of game are you playing, Damon?" 

"Guess you'll just have to wait and see, won't you, Cola?" Damon asked, smirking, walking past her, out of the living room. 

Nicola closed her eyes, sighing. 

Stefan and Kaylin looked at her sympathetically.

Nicola opened her eyes, looking at them for a moment, turning around, walking out of the room.

-

Night - Gilbert House - Kitchen

(Song:) I'm An Animal - Neko Case 

Jenna, Alex and Elena were speaking around the kitchen island counter.

"He's on the rebound," Elena told them.

"Mm," Alex hummed, taking a bite of her apple. "And has raging family issues." 

"At least it's an ex-girlfriend," Jenna told them. "Wait till you date a guy with mommy issues. Or cheating issues. Or amphetamine issues." 

Liv walked in at the wrong moment, bored and slightly confused. "Okay, what 'issue' did I just walk in on?" 

Liv walked past them to the fridge. 

Jenna's voice went slight hard with discipline. "Liv, where's your brother?" 

"How should I know?" Liv asked, pulling the fridge door open, her voice bored, uncaring, a little annoyed. 

The front door opened.

"Jeremy?" Jenna called. Jeremy walked in, looking down the hall, walking toward the steps. Jenna walked down the hall toward him. "Jeremy, where were you?" 

"More stoner stories?" Jeremy asked. "Look, Jenna, I get it. You were cool once. And that's..." He gave her a half-hearted thumbs-up, hung over. "Cool." 

Jeremy turned up the stairs.

"Oh, no, no, no!" Jenna told him, throwing her apple into his back.

"Ow," Jeremy told her, turning toward her. "Why? Why did you do that?" 

"Listen up," Jenna told him. "Quit ditching class, or you're grounded. No discussion." 

"Parental authority," Jeremy told her. "I like it." In the kitchen, Alex, Elena and Liv were listening. Liv smiled a small smile, trying to keep from laughing. "Sleep tight." 

Jeremy walked upstairs. 

Jenna watched him go in slight confusion. 

"Mm," Liv hummed. "Sounds like a good idea."

Liv walked past Alex and Elena, toward Jenna and the stairs.

Alex scoffed. "Seriously?" 

Alex and Elena watched Liv and Jenna.

Jenna grabbed Liv's arm to stop her at the stairs. "You, too, Liv." 

Liv sighed, her voice sarcastic. "Good try, Jenna." 

Liv pulled her arm away from Jenna, walking up the stairs.

Elena looked at Alex. "Wow." 

Alex raised her eyebrows, nodding. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Mystic Falls Hospital - Kacie's Hospital Room 

Kacie was sleeping unsteadily, gasping slightly, opening her eyes. She sat up, looking around.

Tyler was in the room, sleeping in a chair.

Kacie sighed, standing, walking into the bathroom.

-

Bathroom

Kacie stood at the sink, washing her hands. She looked up at the mirror in front of her, seeing Damon's reflection behind her. Kacie turned around in shock, breathing heavily in confusion.

No one was there.

Kacie walked out of the bathroom.

-

Main Room 

Kacie walked into the room, looking at Tyler sitting in his chair, asleep. "Tyler?" She stepped closer to him hesitantly. "Ty?" 

Kacie reached toward him, touching his shoulder.

Damon appeared in front of her instead of Tyler, transformed, hissing menacingly.

Kacie gasped, backing away.

-

Reality 

Kacie gasped, sitting up in her bed. She looked around, breathing heavily. 

Damon and Tyler weren't there.

Kacie was alone in the room. 

-~- 

Day Three

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Kaylin's Room 

Stefan and Kaylin were speaking.

Kaylin looked as if she was about to laugh. "Seriously?" 

"Come on, Kaylin," Stefan told her. "We both know how close you can get to the edge, and that'll be a little less likely to happen if you're with humanity daily."

"Do you know how stupid that sounds?" Kaylin asked.

"Look, if people realize you're living here, and you're not in school, then they'll ask questions, and we can't afford that," Stefan told her. 

"That's what compulsion is for," Kaylin told him in slight exasperation, amused. "It's not like they can take me away."

"Yeah, but Damon could end up killing someone," Stefan pointed out.

Kaylin took a moment to think about her answer. "It's not like I'm gonna let that happen." 

Stefan sighed. "Kay..."

Kaylin sighed. "Stef..."

Stefan smiled a small smile. "Come on, Kaylin. You don't want any innocent lives lost, do you?"

"No, of course not--" Kaylin started.

"And do you want to stay the way you are now, no risk of falling over the edge?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah, but--" Kaylin started. 

"Kaylin, you have traveled across the world how many times?" Stefan asked. "You have done everything that I could have ever thought of, because you are bored and you need something to impress you." Kaylin smiled. "But when have you ever been to high school?" Kaylin looked at him skeptically. "It'll win you a few hours away from here, and away from Damon. Kaylin, it will more than likely earn you a few trust points with Nicola and Zach." 

Kaylin took a moment to answer. "When do I start?" 

Stefan smiled. 

-

Mystic Falls Town Square

(Song:) I Get Around - Dragonette  

Everyone was gathered for the comet event, doing different activities and things to keep them entertained until it was time. 

Bonnie and Elena were walking together, handing out flyers.

"Hi," Bonnie told them. "Night of the comet. Would you like a program?" They handed out a few to a group of people, walking forward. Bonnie looked at Elena. "He didn't call, huh?" 

"Or text," Elena told her. "But I realized we never even exchanged that stuff. We've never gotten to the texting part." 

"That's an important mile stone in any relationship," Bonnie told her.

"Isn't it?" Elena asked. "The timing is wrong, anyway." 

"When is it ever right?" Bonnie asked. 

"I'm not ready, Bonnie," Elena told her. 

"Who is?" Bonnie asked. 

Elena turned to face her. "At least I put myself out there."

"Is that what you're calling it?" Bonnie asked. 

Elena looked down. "What do you mean?" 

"All I'm hearing is reasons why you can't," Bonnie told her. 

Elena looked as if she knew that she was right.

The shot panned from Bonnie and Elena to Caroline and Eliza were walking through the square. 

Caroline stopped, looking into the distance.

Damon was looking toward them.

"Eliza, that's him," Caroline told her.

Eliza followed her gaze to Damon. "Guy from the other night?" 

"Yeah," Caroline answered.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Eliza asked. "Go, talk to him." 

Caroline smiled at Eliza, walking toward Damon with determination.

Damon looked as if he was waiting for her.

Caroline suddenly came to a stop in confusion, looking around. She turned to look at Eliza.

Eliza raised her arms slightly in the air.

Caroline shrugged.

Eliza looked back to the place where he had been standing.

Damon was gone now. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Stefan's Room 

Nicola looked at Stefan. "What is Damon doing here? Why did he come home?" 

"Because I came home," Stefan answered. "Same reason Kaylin's here, except for different reasons. He likes to make my life miserable, Nicola. That's how he enjoys his. Kaylin--"

Kaylin walked into the room. "Kaylin isn't like that?" 

Nicola looked between them. "Well, he's putting us at risk. These girls in the hospital, who I know by the way, could talk." 

"They won't, Nicola," Stefan told her. "I took care of them."

"You're sure?" Nicola asked.

Stefan sighed, turning to face her. "I'm not sure, Nicola. I don't know how well it worked. I'm not as strong as Damon."

"Or me," Kaylin said in a light voice. 

Nicola nodded. "So what happens if it doesn't work?" 

"I don't know," Stefan told them. "I'll deal with it."

"No, you won't," Kaylin told them. "I will." Stefan and Nicola looked at her in confusion. Kaylin shrugged teasingly. "I can take care of them easily. I drink human blood, just don't hurt anybody for it, so compulsion is easy for me. I can do it just fine."

Nicola nodded. "Okay." 

"That'll work fine," Stefan told her. "Thank you, Kaylin."

Stefan walked toward the door.

"Don't expect me to call you 'uncle', or 'aunt,'" Nicola told them. Stefan and Kaylin looked at her. "My dad does that, I don't have to. But..." Kaylin was amused, smiling a small smile. Nicola looked at Stefan. "Is she worth it, Stefan? Elena? The girl you came back for?" 

Stefan didn't answer, turning around, walking out of the door. 

Nicola sighed, looking at Kaylin.

Kaylin turned to Nicola. "Nice one, Nikki." 

Kaylin patted Nicola on her shoulder, turning toward the door.

"Kaylin, where're you going?" Nicola asked.

Kaylin smiled. "I wanna see the comet. Haven't seen it in over 145 years." She looked at Nicola thoughtfully. "You wanna come, Nikki?" 

Nicola took a moment to think about her answer, taking a deep breath, shaking her head. "No. The town gatherings like these... It's not my thing." 

"How would you even know?" Kaylin asked. "Nikki, have you ever even gone?" 

Nicola hesitated. "No."

"That's what I thought," Kaylin told her. "Well, let me know when you want to join in on the land of the fun, and I'll show you how it's done." 

Kaylin turned around, walking out of the room.

Nicola watched her go thoughtfully.

-

The Grill

(Song:) Conductor - We Were Promised Jet Packs 

Vicki and Jeremy stood together.

"Vicki, what are you doing here?" Jeremy asked.

"Fighting with Robert about my schedule," Vicki answered. Tyler stood at the pool tables, looking toward them. "You'd think getting ripped up by a rabid animal would merit an extra sick day." 

"Are you feeling okay?" Jeremy asked, looking at the bandage on her neck.

Vicki sighed. "I hurt." 

"Well, the doctor gave you something, right?" Jeremy asked. 

"The kid stuff," Vicki answered. "Nothing with an 'O' in it." Jeremy smiled, looking away. "I think they were onto me." 

Jeremy handed her a bottle of pills. "Here. Knock yourself out, literally." 

Tyler was still watching them.

"Thanks, Jer," Vicki told him, taking a pill.

"So, you gonna, uh, watch the comet later?" Jeremy asked.

"I hadn't really thought about it," Vicki told him. "But I could be talked into it. I'll meet you out there in a few." 

Tyler walked up to them. "Hey, Vic. How you feeling?" 

"Like you care," Vicki told him, walking away.

Jeremy smirked, looking at Tyler smugly.

"What are you looking at, Gilbert?" Tyler asked. 

Jeremy smirked, walking past Tyler.

-

Night - Town Square 

 Elena, Caroline, Bonnie and Eliza stood together.

Eliza smiled. "Hey, I got you some candles." 

"Thanks, Eliza," Elena told her.

Eliza linked her arms with Bonnie and Caroline's walking forward. 

Elena looked at Matt. "Hey." 

"Hey," Matt told her, using the flame on his candle to light Elena's.

"Thank you," Elena told him.

"You're welcome," Matt told her. 

Elena smiled awkwardly, turning away, lighting another person's candle with her own.

"Thank you," Stefan told her. Elena looked up. "Hi." 

"Hi," Elena told him, looking toward Matt behind her. 

Matt nodded for her to go on. 

Elena seemed slightly surprised by this gesture, starting to walk away. 

Stefan slowly followed her. "You know, that comet..." They looked at the comet in the sky next to the crescent moon. "It's been traveling across space for thousands of years. All alone."

"Yeah, Bonnie says it's a harbinger of evil," Elena told him. 

"I think it's just a ball of snow and ice, trapped on a path that it can't escape," Stefan told her. "And once every 145 years, it gets to come home." There was a moment of silence. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I wasn't myself." 

"You seem to spend a lot of time apologizing," Elena told him.

"Well, I have a lot to apologize for," Stefan told her. "Yesterday, that wasn't about you, okay? And it wasn't about Alex."

"You didn't tell me that you had a brother or a sister," Elena told him.

"My brother and I..." Stefan trailed off. "We're not close. And for the longest time, neither were me and Kaylin. But after a long time, I decided that I needed to make the first move, because I wronged her in the past, and so has Damon. I just needed to apologize to her for myself, and I think she's willing to forgive. And Nicola, and Zach? They're trapped in the middle of the family feuding. It's, uh... It's complicated." 

"Always," Elena told him. "Damon told me about your ex. Katherine?" 

Stefan looked at her warily. "What did he say?" 

"That she broke your heart," Elena answered. 

"That was a long time ago," Stefan told her. 

"When you lose someone, it stays with you, always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt," Elena told him. 

Stefan circled around to stand in front of her.

Elena looked up at the sky, avoiding from looking at him.

"Elena..." Stefan trailed off.

Elena looked at him. "It's okay, Stefan. I get it. You have no idea how much I get it. Complicated brother? Check. Complicated sisters? Check. Complicated family member trapped in family feuding? Check. Complicated ex? Check. Too complicated to even contemplate dating? Double check. It's okay. We met, and we talked, and it was epic, but... then the sun came up and reality set in." Stefan and Elena looked at each other for a moment. "So..."

Elena started to walk away, blowing the flame of her candle out.

Stefan was left standing alone.

(Song Ends) 

-

The Grill 

Damon was sitting at a table, alone.

Vicki walked toward the bathroom. She stopped when she saw Damon, looking at him in slight, confused recognition. "I know you." 

Damon turned his head to look at her. "Well, that's unfortunate." 

Vicki stepped closer. "Um... I don't--I don't know how, but.... your face." Damon smirked. Vicki chuckled without humor. "Excuse me. Sorry." 

Vicki walked away.

Damon watched her go, turning his head back forward, looking as if he was debating something.

-

Bathroom 

Vicki stood in the mirror, sighing. She looked up at her reflection, taking out the bottle of pills Jeremy had given to her earlier. She poured two into her palm, tossing them back into her mouth, turning on the faucet, leaning down to taking a drink to swallow. When she looked up, Damon was standing in the reflection of the mirror, transformed, running closer to attack her. Vicki screamed.

-~-

The Grill

(Song:) Mud - Peaches

Kacie sat alone at a table, having a bandage on her neck, just like Vicki. 

Tyler walked up to her, moody.

Kacie chuckled. "What's your deal?" 

"Nothing," Tyler told her.

"Sure," Kacie told him sarcastically.

"I would just love to ditch your ass here, but Mom said that she's worried about that," Tyler told her, pointing at the bandage on her neck. 

"You are all class," Kacie told him sarcastically.

"So you want to go or you want to stay?" Tyler asked.

Kacie smiled. "I hadn't really wanted to watch the comet before, but I do now." 

"You've got to be kidding me," Tyler told her. 

Kacie's smile widened, shaking her head, popping the 'P'. "Nope." 

Tyler gave her a look.

Kacie smirked.

Alex sat on the other side of Kacie.

Tyler's mood seemed to disappear.

Kacie smirked. 

"Hey, Kace," Alex told her. "You okay?" 

"Oh, yeah," Kacie answered. "Just having fun taunting my brother. Did you know that he has to listen to me until I get better?" 

Tyler gave her a look.

Kacie smiled. 

Alex chuckled. She looked at Kacie. "So yesterday's freak-out is over with?" 

Kacie looked at Alex in confusion. "W--what are you talking about? What freak-out?" 

Alex looked at Tyler in confusion. 

Tyler shook his head.

Kacie looked between them in confused suspicion.

Elena and Liv started to walk by.

Kacie noticed them, nodding to Alex. "Get your sisters." Alex grabbed Elena and Liv's arms, pulling them to a stop. Liv gave Alex a what the hell look. Alex nodded to Kacie. Kacie looked at all of them. "Ty told me about you guys and Jeremy finding me and Vicki in the woods, and, well, uh, I just--just wanted to say--" 

Alex smiled. "Are you trying to say, 'thank you'?" 

Kacie nodded. "Yeah."

Liv sat down on the other side of Alex, smiling. "No problem." 

Elena sat on the other side of Liv.

Caroline, Eliza, Bonnie and Matt walked closer, looking at Kacie.

"Hey, are you okay?" Matt asked.

Kacie nodded. 

"Everybody's been worried about you," Bonnie told her. 

Eliza nodded. 

Caroline didn't say anything.

Kacie looked between Caroline and Eliza in confusion. "Caroline, Eliza, since when do you guys care about me?" 

"Well, if I remember right, it's you who doesn't like us," Eliza told her. "You don't like Caroline, because of the narcissisticity, and you don't like me because..."

"Of the delusional happiness," Kacie finished. "But, if I had to choose my favorite Forbes girl, it'd be you, Eliza, because you're not a bitch."

"Unlike you," Caroline told her.

"Ooh," Kacie told her, smiling. "Maybe I'm underestimating you. Maybe we could actually all be friends." Everyone laughed. Kacie looked at Alex. "Because you trying to get me to hang out with them may finally be working."

Alex looked up at the ceiling, closing her eyes, exaggerating her voice. "Finally!" 

Everyone laughed again. 

Jeremy walked closer. "Hey, has anyone seen Vicki?" 

"You're her stalker," Tyler told him. "You tell us." 

"I can't find her," Jeremy told them.

"Probably found someone else to party with," Tyler told him. "Sorry, pill pusher, you've been replaced."

"Like you have?" Kacie asked tauntingly.

Tyler glared at Kacie.

Kacie smiled at Tyler.

Liv looked at Tyler in confusion. "What's with the 'pill pusher'?" 

Tyler nodded to Jeremy, looking away from Kacie. "Ask him."

"You wanna do this right now?" Jeremy asked incredulously. 

Elena looked at Jeremy, her voice a demand. "Are you dealing?" 

Jeremy looked at Alex, Liv and Elena.

Tyler didn't give him a chance to answer. "She's never gonna go for you."

"She already did," Jeremy told him angrily. Alex, Liv and Elena looked at him instantly in disbelief. Kacie raised her eyebrows, nearly laughing. "Over and over and over again."

"Yeah, right," Tyler told him. 

Matt rolled his eyes.

Elena looked at Tyler with a disbelieving glare. 

"Would you shut up?" Liv asked. 

Caroline looked at Jeremy. "Okay, you slept with Vicki Donovan? I mean, Vicki Donovan slept with you?" 

"There's no way," Tyler told them. 

Jeremy looked at Tyler angrily. "And I didn't even have to force her into it."

Kacie looked up as if she was just remembering that. 

Matt looked at Tyler angrily. "What the hell is he talking about, Ty?" 

"Nothing, man," Tyler told him. "Just ignore him. He's a punk." 

"You know what?" Matt asked. "How about all of you shut up and help me find my sister?" 

Bonnie pointed at Caroline and Eliza across the table from her. "We'll check the bathroom." 

"I'll check the square," Matt told them.

"I'm come with you," Jeremy told them.

Elena stood. "Oh, no, no, no. You are coming with me."

Elena took Liv and Jeremy by their arms, pulling them to the side. Alex stood, following them. 

Tyler looked at Kacie. "Wanna play pool?" 

Kacie thought about it for a second, nodding. "Yeah, let's play pool."

Tyler and Kacie stood, turning to the pool tables.

Everyone dispersed.

Elena pulled Liv and Jeremy to a stop next to the door.

Alex stopped next to them.

Elena looked at Jeremy. "So that's your game now? Dealing?" 

"I'm not dealing," Jeremy told them.

"Look, I'm sick of the tough love speech, Jer," Elena told him. "It's clearly having no impact."

"Liv's even harder to get through than you," Alex told him, looking at Liv.

 "You two and Jenna, between the three of you--" Liv started.

"We can stop if you want, Liv," Alex told her. "Send you to a therapist where you'll have to deal with it." She looked at Jeremy. "Or send you to rehab where you'll sit in group and tell some stranger how you let your life fall apart." She took a deep breath, her voice softer the next time she spoke. "Or you guys can talk to us."

"I vote for none of the above," Liv told them, pushing past them to walk out of the door behind them.

Jeremy followed her. 

Alex and Elena exchanged a look, speechless.

(Song Ends)  

-

Outside 

Matt was walking along, looking for Vicki. He slowed to a stop, looking at Stefan. "Hey."

"Hey," Stefan told him. 

"Have you seen my sister?" Matt asked. 

"No," Stefan answered. "Sorry."

"I can't find her," Matt told him. "She's missing." 

Stefan looked as if he knew what was happening. "I'll keep an eye out for her." 

Stefan turned around, starting to walk away. 

"Hey," Matt told him to stop him. Stefan turned to face him. "I saw you at the hospital yesterday." 

"Did you?" Stefan asked. 

"What were you doing there?" Matt asked. 

"Visiting," Stefan answered. 

"Visiting?" Matt repeated. "You know, Elena and I, we've known each other for a long time. We might not be together anymore, but I look out for her. And I'll always look out for her."

Stefan nodded in understanding.

-

Elsewhere 

Kaylin was standing alone, having an unlit candle in her hand.

A man lit her candle with his candle.

Kaylin smiled a small smile.

The man walked away.

Kaylin blew it out with an annoyed sigh.

Stefan appeared next to her. "One of the girls are missing."

"Nice to see you, too, brother," Kaylin told him. 

"Kaylin, focus," Stefan told her.

Kaylin sighed. "Who's missing?" 

"Vicki, one of the girls Damon attacked," Stefan answered. "She's the one that's missing." 

"And I guess it can't just be a coincidence..." Kaylin trailed off teasingly. Stefan gave her a look. Kaylin sighed, returning serious. "Fine. Where to go?" 

They heard Damon's voice. "You really need to stop sobbing." 

They heard Vicki's voice. "No, please, stop. Don't..." 

"Shh," Damon told her. "I got you." 

Kaylin walked in the direction she heard the voices. 

Stefan followed her.

They walked into an abandoned parking lot, looking up at a building roof. 

Damon stood on the edge with Vicki, holding her arm, pretending like he was going to drop her.

"No!" Vicki told him. "No!" 

"I got you," Damon told her, making her move just a little bit, making her think she was going to fall. "Oh." Vicki cried in fear. "I'm not gonna drop you." 

Stefan rushed toward the building, jumping onto the rooftop.

"Not bad," Damon told him. "Have you been eating bunnies?" Kaylin rushed toward the building, jumping up to the rooftop, landing a few feet away from Stefan. Damon put his hand over Vicki's mouth to keep her from screaming. "Now, you, Kaylin, I know you haven't been." 

Stefan stepped off the edge. "Let her go."

 "Really?" Damon asked. "Okay." 

Damon acted as if he would let her go and let Vicki fall to her death. 

"No!" Vicki told him. "No!" 

"No!" Stefan told him.

"No, no, no," Kaylin told him, stepping forward.

"Take one more step, and I'll push her off right now," Damon told her.

"Because you know I can beat you," Kaylin told him.

"Are you so sure?" Damon asked. Kaylin didn't answer. Damon smirked. "Mm-hmm." He pushed Vicki into Stefan's arms. "Relax."

Vicki stepped away from Stefan, sinking to the ground in fear. "What's happening to me?" 

"I don't need her dead," Damon told them. "But you might." He looked at Vicki. "What attacked you and Kacie Lockwood the other night?" 

"I don't know," Vicki told him. "An animal."

"Are you sure about that?" Damon asked. "Think. Think about it. Think really hard." Vicki looked down, thinking. "What attacked you and Kacie Lockwood?" 

Vicki took a deep breath of realization, sliding away from Damon. "A vampire." 

"Who did this to you?" Damon asked forcefully.

"You did!" Vicki cried. 

"Wrong," Damon told her.

"Don't," Stefan told him.

"Damon--" Kaylin started. 

Damon looked at Vicki. "Stefan." 

"Don't," Stefan told him. 

Vicki looked around in confusion.

Damon took Vicki by the arm, pulling her up from the ground, placing a hand on either of her cheeks, compelling her. "Stefan Salvatore did this to you and Kacie Lockwood." 

"Stefan Salvatore did this to me and Kacie Lockwood," Vicki told them.

"He's a vampire," Damon told her. "He's a vicious, murderous monster."

"Damon!" Kaylin told him.

"Please," Stefan pleaded. "Please don't do this." 

Damon let Vicki go. "You couldn't fix this one before. I don't know what you can do now. I wonder how easily Kacie's compulsion breaks, too. Should we find out?" 

Damon smirked, pulling Vicki's hair back off of her shoulder and neck, revealing the bandage beneath. He ripped it off, making her cry out in pain, ripping her stitches open, making the two distinct puncture wounds on her neck bleed. He pushed Vicki into Stefan's arms. 

Kaylin turned to face him cautiously. "Stefan..." 

"Your choice of lifestyle has made you weak," Damon told him. "Couple of vampire parlor tricks? It's nothing compared to the power that you could have. That you now need." Stefan started to transform. "But you can change that. Human blood..." Damon looked at Kaylin. "From the vein gives you that." 

"No," Vicki told them. 

Stefan pushed her aside, making her fall to the ground. He groaned, leaning down.

"You have two choices," Damon told him. "You can feed, and make her forget, or you can let her go screaming 'vampire' through the Town Square." 

"That's what this is about?" Stefan asked. "You want to expose me?" 

"No!" Damon answered in exasperation. "I want you to remember who you are!" He looked at Kaylin. "You're not that far off, just need a little push. You don't hunt, Kaylin, you don't feed from the living, you don't drink from the vein. Having a couple of blood bag juice boxes doesn't make you a super vampire."

"No, but it keeps me in control," Kaylin told him. "It makes sure that I don't kill anyone, like I have done in the past. And that's why you're doing this. You want to change us back into the monsters that we once were. Isn't it? So he'll feed. So we'll kill." Stefan stood. "So we'll remember what it's like to be a family again." 

"You know what?" Stefan asked. "Let her go. Break Kacie's compulsion. Let them tell everyone that vampires have returned to Mystic Falls. Let them chain me up and let them drive a stake through my heart. Because at least I'll be free of you."

Damon scoffed, shocked by his brother's words. "Wow." 

"Oh, my God," Kaylin told them, sighing in exasperation. She looked at Damon. "I might not be able to undo the compulsion that either of you have done to this girl, but there is always a loop hole."

Kaylin pushed past Damon, kneeling in front of Vicki.

"No," Vicki told her.

"It's okay," Kaylin told her, resting her hands on Vicki's shoulders, compelling her. "Forget what just happened. You were wandering around and Stefan found you. None of this ever happened." 

Vicki stopped crying, calming down instantly.

Kaylin stood, looking at Stefan and Damon.

Damon looked at Stefan, gesturing to Kaylin as if to say, As easy as that. 

"Ugh," Vicki groaned. Kaylin backed away from her. "What happened?" Vicki looked at the Salvatore siblings, completely calm. "Where am I?" Her hand went to brush her hair away from her neck. "Ah, I ripped my stitches open. Ugh."

Vicki lowered her arm to her side, but didn't seem to be in pain.

"You okay?" Stefan asked.

Vicki smiled a sly smile. "I took some pills, man. I'm good." 

Vicki stood, walking away, to the door that led down to the building, opening, walking inside, closing the door behind her.

Damon looked at Kaylin and Stefan. "It's good to be home. I think I might stay awhile. This town could use a bit of a wake up call, don't you think?" 

"What are you up to, Damon?" Kaylin asked.

"That's for me to know and for you two to... dot, dot, dot," Damon told them, using his finger to illustrate three periods. He smirked, looking at Stefan. "Give the Gilbert Girls my best." 

Damon turned around, jumping off the roof, disappearing into the night.

Kaylin and Stefan exchanged a look, both of them sighing. 

-~-

The Grill

(Song:) Interloper - Earlimart

Matt and Vicki were standing close to each other at a table. Matt was helping her put another bandage on her neck to replace the one that Damon had tore off. 

Stefan and Kaylin walked in.

Matt stood straight, turning to them, looking at Stefan. "She said you found her wandering around."

"Yeah," Stefan told him. 

"So, um... thanks," Matt told him. Stefan nodded in acknowledgement, walking away. Matt looked at Kaylin. "Hi. I'm Matt." 

Matt offered his hand to Kaylin.

Kaylin shook it, smiling. "I'm Kaylin." 

"How you know Stefan?" Matt asked.

"He's my older-by-one-year brother," Kaylin answered. 

Matt raised his eyebrows. "No way. You look almost nothing like him."

"Well, yeah," Kaylin said. "I mean, my brothers took their looks from our parents. I took mine from our grandmother."

Matt nodded. "Makes more sense. So... I'll see you around school, then?" 

Kaylin nodded, smiling slightly. "Sure." 

-

Another Table 

Caroline, Bonnie and Eliza were sitting at the table, looking toward Matt, Kaylin and Vicki.

"Do you think Matt's finally getting over Elena?" Eliza asked. "He looks interested in the new girl, Kaylin."

"I hope so," Bonnie told them.

"Ugh," Eliza groaned. "Who needs animal attacks when there's so much drama?" 

"I know, right, Eliza?" Caroline asked. "Ever notice how the druggies are the biggest attention whores?" 

"Yeah," Eliza told her sarcastically.

Stefan walked closer. "Excuse me. Hi." 

"Hi," Eliza told him.

"Have you guys seen Elena?" Stefan asked. 

"I think she went home with Alex and Liv," Bonnie told him. Stefan nodded, turning around. Bonnie stopped him from leaving. "I'm gonna give you Elena's cell number and her email." She took a pen and wrote on a napkin. "She is big on texting, and you can tell her..." She looked at Stefan, smiling. "I said so."

"Thank you," Stefan told her. Kaylin walked closer.

Bonnie handed the napkin to Stefan, touching his hand accidentally.

(Song Ends) 

Bonnie closed her eyes, feeling something terrible, pulling back instantly. "You okay?"

"What happened to you?" Bonnie whispered. Everyone looked at her in confusion. Bonnie blinked repeatedly, looking around. "That was so rude." She stood, looking at Stefan. "I'm sorry. Excuse me."

Bonnie walked away.

"Yeah, she kind of wigs out," Eliza told them. "It's like her thing." 

Stefan and Kaylin looked at them in confusion. 

-

Gilbert House - Jeremy's Room 

 Jenna was going through Jeremy's stuff.

Alex and Elena walked up the stairs, hearing her, walking toward the room.

"Jer?" Alex asked.

"Nope," Jenna answered. "It's me. The hypocrite patrol." 

"What are you doing?" Alex asked. 

Jenna stood straight, looking at them. "I've become my worst nightmare. The authority figure that has to violate a 15-year-old's privacy. Just hopefully I won't have to violate a 14-year-old's." She walked toward one of Jeremy's boot, pulling out a long pipe. "Jack pot. I see the hiding places haven't gotten any more creative." 

"What brought this on?" Elena asked. 

"Your ass-had of a history teacher shamed me good yesterday," Jenna answered. 

"You got Tannered," Alex told her. "We've been there." She sat down on Jeremy's bed, shaking her head. "Not fun." 

Elena sat down in one of the chairs. 

Jenna took out a pipe from one of Jeremy's drawers, mimicking Tanner's voice. "'Discover the impossible, Ms. Sommers.' Got it. Thanks. Like I didn't already know I was screwing up." 

Alex shook her head. "You're not screwing up, Aunt Jenna." 

Jenna looked at either of them with tears in her eyes. "Yes, I am. You know why? Because I'm not her. She made everything look so easy." Alex looked down in nostalgia. "High school. Marriage." Jenna looked between them. "Having you two." She hesitated. Alex looked at Elena's unbelievably sad expression. "I can't do it. I'm going to do or say the wrong thing, he or Liv's going to get worse, and it's going to be my fault." Jenna sat down next to Alex, turned to where she could look at both of them. "It's impossible." 

"That's just the fear talking," Alex told her. "You're a little scared, that's all." 

Elena looked at Alex in realization. "We all are." She looked down. Alex and Jenna looked at her in confusion. Elena looked up after a moment. "I have to go do something. But are you going to be okay?" Jenna nodded hesitantly. Elena looked at Alex. "What about you? What are you going to do?" 

Alex shrugged. "Probably just pass out." Elena nodded. "It's been a really long day." Elena smiled a small smile, standing, walking out of the room. Alex looked at Jenna. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?" 

Jenna nodded more convincingly this time. "Thanks, Alex." 

Alex smiled a small smile, wrapping her arms around Jenna comfortingly.

Jenna wrapped her arms around Alex gratefully. 

-

The Grill 

Jeremy walked in, looking around. He stopped walking when he saw Vicki further in the restaurant, smiling.

Tyler walked closer to Vicki.

Jeremy's smile faded.

Vicki and Tyler kissed.

Jeremy looked down in sadness and jealousy, turning around and walking away.

Kacie walked up to Vicki and Tyler impatiently. "Okay, seriously? Not even an hour ago, you wanted to leave."

Vicki and Tyler looked at her, smirking.

"And not even an hour ago, you wanted to stay," Tyler replied. 

"Okay, you've had your little make out sesh with Donovan, so let's go," Kacie told him.

"Fine," Tyler told her.

Vicki smiled. "Bye, Kacie."

"Later, Vicki," Kacie told her. 

Tyler and Kacie walked away.

-

Outside 

Caroline and Eliza walked away from the Grill, toward their car. 

A vampire rushed around them. 

Caroline stopped walking, looking around. "Eliza? Did you hear that?" 

"Hear what?" Eliza asked. Caroline shook her head, walking forward. Eliza started to follow. The vampire rushed around them again. Eliza stopped walking. "Okay, I heard it that time." 

"Just come on, Eliza," Caroline told her.

They walked to the car.

Eliza started to get into the passenger's seat. 

The vampire rushed around them.

Caroline dropped her keys to the ground. She knelt to the ground, picking them up, standing.

Caroline and Eliza looked around nervously.

No one was there.

Damon appeared behind them. "Sorry." Caroline and Eliza looked at him, jumping. "Didn't mean to scare you." 

"No," Caroline told him. "It's fine. Um, I was hoping I'd see you again." 

"I know," Damon told her. 

Eliza scoffed, smiling. "Cocky much?" 

"Very much," Damon answered. 

Caroline handed her keys to Eliza. "I'll see you at home, Eliza." 

Eliza smiled a small, knowing smile. "Sure." 

Eliza walked around the car, getting in, starting the engine and driving away.

Caroline and Damon looked at each other for a long moment. 

Tyler and Kacie walked out of the Grill. 

Kacie looked toward Caroline and Damon. 

Damon looked at Kacie, smirking.

Kacie got a small glimmer of a flashback to where Damon had been tormenting her in her sleep, seeing his transformed face. She closed her eyes, shaking it off. 

Tyler noticed her reaction. "Do you know him or something?" 

Kacie shook her head. "I have no idea." 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Hallway 

Kaylin walked toward her room, stopping at her door.

Nicola was in the room next door, walking out into the hall. "Hey, Kaylin. How was the comet?" 

"It was a bust, Nikki," Kaylin answered, turning to face her. "I thought you hated me, Nicola."

"I hate Damon," Nicola told her. "I never said I hated you or Stefan."

"But you don't trust us," Kaylin told her. 

"Yet," Nicola told her. 

"So, Nicola, you're saying there is a way to gain your trust?" Kaylin asked. 

Nicola smirked. "Maybe." 

"Hmm," Kaylin hummed, nodding thoughtfully. "I take that as a challenge, Nikki." Nicola smiled. "Nicola, how would going to high school rate on the trust scale?"

"If you don't hurt anybody?" Nicola asked. "Pretty high." 

Kaylin smiled. "Done deal." 

Nicola smirked, turning to her room. "Night, Kaylin." 

"Night, Nicola," Kaylin told her. 

Nicola walked into her room, closing the door behind her.

Kaylin smiled a small smile.

-

Foyer

(Song:) Gravity - Sara Bareilles

The door bell rang twice.

Stefan opened the door to find Elena standing out on the porch. "Hi." 

"Hey," Elena told him. 

Stefan held a hand inside. "Would you like to come in?" 

Elena used her thumb to point to the porch behind her. "The comet's actually this way." She backed away, turning to the brick half-wall in front of her. Stefan stood next to her. "Sorry for barging in. Especially after earlier."

"No, no," Stefan told her. "I'm glad you're here. The way we left things... I didn't like it."

Elena shook her head. "See, the thing is, I got home tonight, planning on doing what I always do. Sit in my room that I share with Alex, when we both write in our diaries, like we have been since my mom gave us each one when I was ten, and she was nine. It's where I get everything out, everything I'm feeling. It all goes in this little book that I hide on the second shelf behind this really hideous ceramic mermaid." Stefan smiled a small smile. "But then I realized that I'd just be writing things that I should probably be telling you."

"What would you write?" Stefan asked. 

Elena looked around, thinking for a moment. "I would write..." She sighed, looking at Stefan. "'Dear Diary, today I convinced myself it was okay to give up. Don't take risks. Stick with the status quo. No drama. Now is just not the time. But my reasons aren't reasons, they're excuses. All I'm doing is hiding from the truth, and the truth is that...' I'm scared, Stefan. I'm scared that if I let myself be happy for even one moment that... the world's just going to come crashing down, and I--I don't know if I can survive that."

Stefan took a moment to think about how to respond. "Do you want to know what I would write?" Elena nodded. Stefan used the same words Elena had used earlier in Town Square. "'I met a girl. We talked. It was epic. But then the sun came up and reality set in.'" Elena smiled a small smile, knowing what he was doing. "'Well, this is reality. Right here.'" 

After a long moment, Stefan and Elena finally kissed slowly, sweetly. They pulled back, looking at each other. The next time they kissed, it was more passionately. 

-

Gilbert House - Liv's Room 

Liv sat on her window seat, her arms resting on the window sill, her chin resting on her arms, looking out of her window to the night sky above. 

The comet was in the sky next to the crescent moon, soaring past slowly, almost as if it was never moving. 

Liv smiled a small smile, sighing, closing her eyes. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Forbes House - Caroline's Room 

Caroline and Damon were in bed. Caroline laid in nothing but a pink bra. 

Damon laid over her, kissing along her bare skin. 

Caroline's eyes were closed in pleasure. 

Damon sat up, transforming.

Caroline looked at him in shock and horror.

Damon bit into her neck, feeding.

Caroline screamed in horror and pain. 

-~-

1.03 "Friday Night Bites" Trailer

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", on the football field, practice was underway. The players included Stefan, Matt and Tyler.

Alex and Elena were watching from the bleachers.

"God, they're all hot, aren't they?" Alex asked. She looked to the side. "Did I just say that out loud?"

Elena smiled, nodding once, laughing.

Alex smiled.

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", in the parking lot behind the school, Damon raised his arm in the air. "It's all 'Rah, rah, go team!'"

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", outside MFHS, cheerleading practice was underway. Caroline was leading the practice. The cheerleaders included Alex, Elena, Kacie, Eliza and Bonnie.

HE COULD 

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", at the prep rally, Tyler punched Stefan in the stomach, but didn't faze him.

Kaylin and Nicola pushed through the crowd to see the fight.

GO

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", in the parking lot behind the school, Bonnie and Eliza stood together by the edge, in their cheerleading uniforms, overlooking the scene.

Eliza wrapped her arms around Bonnie comfortingly, sympathetically. Bonnie cried into her shoulder, wrapping her arms around Eliza.

Elena: (voice over from 1.03 Friday Night Bites) "Did you see something?"

ALL 

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", at the prep rally, Elena and Bonnie were talking.

"It was death," Bonnie told her.

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", at cheerleading practice, Damon was in his car, looking at Kacie tauntingly.

Kacie had a brief flashback of Damon attacking her in the woods. She seemed confused and dazed.

Damon smirked at the reaction, driving away.

Kacie watched him go uneasily.

THE

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan was lying on Elena's bed. Elena straddled him, kissing him heatedly.

WAY

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", in the parking lot of the school, Damon and Alex stood next to her car.

Damon compelled her. "And right now... you want to kiss me."

Alex slowly drifted closer.

Damon smirked.

Alex slapped him across the face instead of kissing him. "What the hell? Let's get one thing straight. We are not Katherine."

From 1.03 "Friday Night Bites", in the parking lot, Damon bit into a man's neck, feeding hungrily.

Nicola tried to run closer. "No!"

Stefan and Kaylin held Nicola back worriedly for her protection.

Damon let the man's dead body fall to the ground, turning to face them, still transformed, blood over his chin. "Anyone. Any time. Any place."

Stefan, Nicola and Kaylin looked at him in horror.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 14.3K 63
❝ You brought out a side of me I didn't even know I had ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [3x15 - TBA] cover credit; @argentsvogue
522 26 10
DISCLAIMER: All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW. I do not own any of the characters or plotlines except for my OCs Kara M...
40.7K 608 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...
11.6K 310 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Liv Gilb...