Watch your step

By HaleyMoss

Lyric Lennox was a normal 24 year old girl still living with her parents. Only because her Dad is in the mil... More

Chapter 1. He's home and he brought a truck
Chapter 2. Who's he and He did what?
Chapter 3. Shopping with a chance of freaked out.
Chapter 5. Seriously?
Chapter 6. He's not my date
Chapter 7. Strange texts
Chapter 8. Stage and Busted
Chapter 9. No! not happening!
Chapter 10. Still mad?
Chapter 11. Where the hell have you been?
Chapter 12. Curiosity killed the cat..Or poisoned?
Chapter 13. I don't know what to say or do.
Chapter 14. I Realized
Chapter 15.Supernova
Chapter 16. Back to reality
Chapter 17. The twat cloud
Chapter 18. Dance with me
Chapter 19. The storm
Chapter 20. The end of the beginning
Chapter 21. The dust settles
Epilogue

Chapter 4. Diner hops and coke drops

1.8K 52 0
By HaleyMoss

Monday came this morning early, I got and got ready. I put on jean shorts, my diner T shirt which was red and black, with my black converses. I pulled my blonde hair up into a braid ponytail.My wound still hurt but I took some tylenol and changed the bandage on my it. I walked downstairs all I saw was mom and Belle sitting in the living room. Mom was feeding Belle a bottle while watching TV.

"Hey mom I'm headed to work can I borrow your car?" I asked since I still hadn't taken my Explorer in yet.

"Sure honey. I'll need it later to go get groceries, your dad will home at 3:30 so I''ll have him and Ion go pick up my car for me. After you can call after your done with work and one of us will come get you. Have a good day!" She said then I was out to the door to her car. A silver Honda accord sat there in the driveway, no big black truck. I would have rather taken that truck then her car but army guys got to go to work even when their not out of the country.

I drive into town 10 minutes later, I park in the back parking lot. Before I walk into the diner I see Karter and Kyla walking into their mother's boutique. They're my best friends ever since kindergarten. Their twins, both with brown hair and green eyes. Kyla works with her mother, adding her bows, headbands, and other crafty things to the store, which was next door to the diner. I would have said hello if I didn't need to go into work.

Once inside I stamped my card and got my apron on and wave to Gramps as he's making the breakfast. I started with baking an apple pie, cherry pie, a blackberry cobbler, hot fudge cheesecake brownies and snickerdoodle cupcakes with snickerdoodle icing. I make differently desserts every day other then the apple and cherry pie everyone always has to have those, especially the sweet older people. The diner has a huge kitchen and a lot of stand mixers where I can make several desserts all at the same time. I love it. It's 7:30 and Grams has already made a pot of coffee and made the orange juice. Gramps was making our breakfast menu while I was baking the desserts. It didn't take too long before all the desserts where done and out and behind the glass counter for all to see.

When I was putting the desserts out I saw Jenna already serving breakfast to her favorite old couple. They were the sweetest in town besides Grams and Gramps of course. We had 3 waitress' and 1 waiter, Jenna, Skye, Shayla, and my best friend Karter. Were apart of the same graduating class, we started at the diner at different times though. Jenna is a sassy spitfire that cares about people, Skye is shy but a sweetheart, Shayla is an attention whore; always got her boobs almost hanging out of her shirt. Karter is the funny one that keeps us all grounded. I'm the one that's always caught singing in the kitchen.

Only Jenna, Skye and I work from opening to later in the day. Shayla always got here at 11:00 when lunch is being served as well as karter. I was the only one who got off early since I have been the longest to work here. It didn't take to long before it was lunch time. Gramps and I shared making the lunch menu. We had everything from hamburgers, steak to any kind of pasta or any kind of past. Which they didn't start having the pasta until I started working there and I had them try some of which I made, plus they couldn't say no to me.

I was fixing to put steak mac n cheese on a plate when Karter walked in saying" Hey Lyric, Mrs.Gram was wanting to know if you could cover Shayla's spot again she's not here yet. Knowing her she's prob found some guy to fuc-"

" Boy you better not finish that sentence in my diner." Gramps cut him off. "Sorry Mr. Gram." Karter said.

"Yeah let me fold down my apron and get my pen and notepad." I told him as I was folding down my apron tucking down at the waist. I grabbed the rest and headed out of the kitchen and into Shayla's section. Most of her section contained high school kids and guys. There were more high school here since it was summer. I walked up to one of the tables it was full of guys of four.

"Hi I'm Lyric I'll be your waitress until Shayla can get here. What can I get Y'all to drink?" I asked them all. They looked to be about 17, 18 years old.

"We'll I'd like a tall glass of you. What you say baby?" the guy closet to me said trying to use a pick up line on me. I rolled my eyes and said" Sorry but I just need your order again what will you have to drink?"

"I'll have a coke, but you could drink something up for me too." He smirked. I saw the same smirk on the rest of his buddies faces. "No I'll leave that for your regular waiter, what for the rest of you?" I said and asked. They all wanted coke as well. I went and got their order. They all ordered hamburgers and fries. Shayla didnt't get there until after I had delivered the guys at that table their order. She only had two other people come in, they were guys too. They also tried to use pick up lines on me.

Jenna had to go home early to pick up her little brother from a play date, so Shayla took over her section until it was time for me to go home. I don't think she liked that very much as I saw her give me a glare more than once. We weren't friends in high school but she was always trying to get her boobs in karter's face. He never gave her a look, so her glares are no surprise to me. The four guys had left a $10 tip for me, the other two guys had left $20 dollars each. Why I don't know even after I rejected their offer to have sex with them. Is that all guys think about?

It was around 3:45 when a guy came into my secton and I went to address him when he looked up at me and grabbed my waist and planted me on his lap. "Hey I've never seen you out on the floor before where have you been hiding sexy."

I struggled and finally got out of his lap and scowled "Don't ever do that again, what can I get you?" I'm so over the hormonal crazed guys today, I want to be back in the kitchen. "I'll have a coke with a side of you in my bed, I love blondes." He smirked again. Can I just punch him in the balls?

"Not interested and what else can I get you?" I asked. "oh I guess if I can't have you I'll have the steak with mashed potatoes, greens beans and a roll." I wrote it down and set it on the window for Grams or Gramps to pickup and make.

As I was making my way there, there was another guy in the section. From behind he was an army haircut with army clothes on. "hey what can I get y- Ion?What are you doing here?" I was shocked to see him here.

"what am I doing here? What are you doing here? Ra-Thatcher told you to rest for a week not go to work two days later. You need to be at home." He told me a hint of anger on his face.

"I have a job to do I can't just not do it, no matter what. You should know that better then anyone. I'll be off work at 4:30." I told him.

"If you won't go home with me then I'll be staying here until you get done working." Ion replied.

"Fine by me, sit over there if you don't want to be bothered by anyone. " I told him which was the booth by the guy who pulled me into his lap.

I was bringing the lap guy his check when Shayla coming towards me like a raging bull with a Coke in her hand. At the last second before reaching me she threw the contents of the cup out at me.  I dodged it but I stepped back and slipped on it from the floor. I felt strong muscled arms catch me before I could hit the floor.

I looked up into the bright blue eyes of Ion. He looked down at me making shire I was okay before he was casting his anger at Shayla. He steadied me and I turned toward Shayla with a frown on my face.

"What the heck Shayla?"
"Stay the hell away from Conner." She yelled prob gaining the attention from everyone in the diner.
"Who is Conner?" I asked.
"That would be me beautiful." It was lap guy.
"Don't call her that your my boyfriend and you slut need to stay away from him. I saw you crawl into his lap forcing him to hold you." She continued.

"Oh hell no he pulled me into his lap and tried to get me to have Sex with him. Maybe you should keep your boy toy on a better leash or stop flashing your boobs to every guy you see and you might find a good one that respects you." I said as I pointed my finger at Conner and her.

"I'm so sick of you Lyric, your always begging for attention, your a whore, the only thing guys want from you is to get into your pants and I bet it's not even that good!" She continued to rant at me.

"Me? Me? I'm the whore? Your like the town bus Everyone gets a ride. Iv never been with anyone in that way ever! I have respect for myself I want someone who's going to love me for me not what's under my clothes. You don't even care, all you do is shove your boobs I front of every guy's face! Your just mad you couldn't have Karter and that your boy toy wants in my pants when he's  already got yours.  I'm surprised you haven't ended up with an STD or pregnant but you would make a horrible parent anyways. I'm done with this conversation it's stupid!" I yelled out at her. I didn't care that the whole diner was staring at us. I just wanted to get out of here.

Good thing when I looked at the clock that it was 4:30. Time  to go home, I wrapped my hand around Ion's arm and pulled him to where I set my apron.

"Holy crap Lyric that was awesome! Shayla is prob embarrassed and Raging mad all at the same time." He smiled but frown with Ion standing  behind me. He didn't say anything which mean he would be texting me later and asking who he was.

"I'll see you later Karter tell Kyla I said hey." I smiled as I walked away from him with Ion trailing close behind me.

Once out into the parking lot moms car was gone and it was just the big black truck. " So dad told you to pick me up? " I asked looking down at my feet while we walked over to it.

"Yes he was going shopping with your mother and sister. He didn't want you to have to walk home by yourself. I didn't want you to either in case you got attacked by Jake again. " he said. Awe he cared about my safety or dad did and Ion was just following orders although I hope it was the first one.

We got into the truck and headed home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 536 14
When returning home from deployment and working alongside William Lennox's team, you go and visit your friend Sam Witwicky who is about to get his fi...
47.4K 840 17
Ella Rae Witwicky is the older sister of Sam Witwicky, she went to school and got good grades, like any normal human girl, she didn't have many frien...
61.2K 926 8
WARNING: I don't own Transformers or any of its characters!! About a young, abused girl named Melody. When she gets kicked out for the night she goe...
7K 183 24
Mackenzie Lennox is the eldest daughter of Major William Lennox. Major Lennox runs the Autobots N.E.S.T. team. When Mackenzie comes home from the Uni...