Passion of Enemies {Dramione}

By book_lover_117

Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy had a secret passion for each other. Besides themselves, only a few others... More

Prologue
Preface of Book
Year 1 [pt.1]
Year 1 [pt.2]

Before Hogwarts

125 3 3
By book_lover_117

Hermione Jean Granger was born on 19 September, 1979 to two muggle dentists, teeth doctors. Raised by Wendall and Monica Granger in London (A/N it never specifically says her parents' names, so these are made up), she lived a boring life believing her to be a muggle. Since her childhood, she has been a bright genius raised for her education. Great things have always been expected from her. Complete perfection was what everyone wanted from the brightest witch of her age.

"Her parents just wanted her to be happy," Ginny said. "I met them once. They didn't care what she did, well to an extent, so long as she was happy with her life."

In her early years of muggle school, Hermione began showing magical signs. This is when they knew she was a special girl.

Hermione skipped home after another exciting day at school. At only age 7, she showed tremendous promise according to her teachers. Hermione could smell the aroma of fresh cookies when she entered her kitchen. By the oven was her mother pulling the cookies out.

As she turned around, Monica Granger saw her bushy haired child grinning from ear to ear. Her bucky teeth could not be missed. "You're home mummy!" She exclaimed.

Mother hugged daughter. "Of course I am dear. Your father is finishing things up at the office and I decided to make you some fresh cookies as a special treat."

Hermione was very excited that she wanted a cookie right then. Almost as if it was magic, a cookie flew into her hand. Hermione dropped it because it was still hot and had burnt her small hand. Her mother put the tiny child's hand under some water but didn't know what had just happened. How had the cookie gotten there?

Hermione had numerous confrontations with muggles through her life till the day she received her letter from Hogwarts. What a marvelous day that was for the family! Their lives, especially the young Granger girl's, had been forever altered.

Hermione's last day of school made her feel a feeling she never ever wanted to feel; she never wanted to return to school. Hermione always felt different from the other kids and didn't have any friends. She was a sociable and a well liked girl but no one truly wanted to know the weird girl. Returning home with a great sigh, Hermione discovered that neither parent was home but the post was on the table with only a letter addressed to her. She ripped it open and read:

Dear Ms. Granger,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Hermione looked at the letter in shock. What sort of trick was this? Inclosed was an odd list of items and another small note.

Dear Ms. Granger,
I know this must be a lot to take in but I can assure you that this is no trick. You are a witch born to two muggles, the people you know as people with no magic. An owl shall arrive in the morning awaiting your response to be taken back to me.
To get your supplies, go to the bar called The Leaky Cauldron in downtown London. At the bar, ask for Tom and tell him you must go shopping. He will understand. Then go to Gringotts bank to exchange money to get your supplies.
On September 1st, through the wall that is 3/4 between platforms 9 and 10.

Yours Sincerely,
Albus Dumbledore
Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Hermione heard the door open and her parents calling her name. She didn't respond but just kept staring at the letter. They walked over and took a look at the letters. The Grangers were baffled but told their darling girl to go. They knew that's where she belonged.

Draco Lucius Malfoy was born 5 June, 1980 to two of the most ancient and respected pureblood families in the whole wizarding world. He was raised by Narcissa née Black and Lucius Malfoy in their Wiltshire estate. Draco was raised in a privileged pureblood home knowing the finer things in life. For a majority of his life, his parents went back and forth on whether or not to send him to Durmstrang or Hogwarts. They settled for Hogwarts in the end.

"Oh they did not settle," Theo chuckled.

Blaise chuckled too. "No kidding," Ginny looked at the two Slytherins, clearly confused. They took notice to it. "Narcissa wanted Draco close to home and Hogwarts was that option. She fought Lucius to keep him close. She won, by a landslide."

"The lessons learned are don't mess with Narcissa Malfoy and don't mess with her son because her motherly instincts will take over," Theo added. "She has very strong instincts. A great thing to admire about her. She was my second mother."

"Mine too."

"You will not take my son away and that is final!" Draco heard his mother scream.

"But Cissy, Durmstrang is much cleaner for Draco to be taught in. It also has a better curriculum. I wish my father had sent me there sometimes," Lucius said to his wife.

Draco could only just imagine his mother's face at his father's words.

"I don't know why you are arguing with me, Lucius," Narcissa said, eerily calm, which scared Draco very much, "But this isn't a choice decision. I want Draco close to home and Hogwarts is the answer. This is final and shall be even more when he turns 11 and his letter arrives 5 years from now. I hope you understand. Go back to work because I know you won't go bond with him. At least give him something to look up to you more than he already does. Now, I'm going to go spend time with our son. Maybe we'll play Quidditch. He loves the game, might as well play it."

"Why would you teach him about it?" Lucius asked.

"Because you won't," she snapped. "I know you love him and he knows you love him. For Flammel's sake though, spend more time with the boy. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go get Draco and prepare the brooms."

After this, Draco heard the clicks of his mother's heels as she closed in to where his room was. He backed up from the door and went over to his bed. Narcissa entered and sat next to him. He glanced up at her and saw her smiling at him. "Come on, Draco. Let's go out back and I'll teach you some rules of Quidditch before we must leave for a party later."

Being raised in a pureblood and death eater household, Draco held the same ideals of muggles and muggle-borns like his parents. He was also raised with a large ego like his father and groomed to take over Malfoy Industries when older.

"Very good, Draco," his father commented. "You're doing excellent work. I have no doubt that you will be first in your class. Someday you will run this company."

Draco looked at his father excitedly. "Really father? I could run the company someday?"

"Of course," Lucius patted Draco's back, "And you'll marry a pureblood wife from the sacred 28, who is not a blood traitor either, to continue the family lineage. We must keep our family clean."

Draco nodded eagerly. "Of course father. I'll make you and mum proud."

Unlike Hermione Granger, more is known about the young Malfoy's childhood. He was 7 years old when the first signs of magic became clear.

Theo began laughing. "I remember when that happened. Crabbe and I were there."

Draco sat out in the gardens with his friends Vincent Crabbe and Theo Nott. Crabbe followed Draco around everywhere, which got annoying quickly, but Theo kept his distance. At this moment, Draco was hiding from Crabbe.

A few of the white peacocks his family owned mingled in front. Draco was wishing there were more of them and they were trained as an army. The trademark Malfoy smirk made its way onto his face. "How'd you do that," Draco jumped at the voice.

A young, but still tall and lanky, Theo Nott stood in the hedge opening. "I have no idea what your talking about," Draco said.

Theo nodded towards the peacocks. There were more now. Perhaps around 25 of them, all lined up in formation. "How did you create an army of white peacocks? I assume it is magic."

Draco nodded, not really knowing what to say. "I was getting tired of Crabbe following me. He'd make a good goon. I think he'll have the purpose someday," Draco smirked and looked at Theo. "Today is not that day. Today, we shall unleash an army of peacocks on him."

As if it were a command, the peacocks scuttled forward with Draco behind them shouting commands. Theo stood there, completely bewildered by the sight.

From the balcony over looking the gardens, Lucius and Narcissa watched their son lead an army of white peacocks to attack a young Crabbe. Narcissa looked at her smiling husband. "I think he's been listening to you complain again. He's definitely your son," Narcissa said, trying to hide her smile with a smirk.

Lucius shrugged. "Maybe. He has magic, which is very good. I'm proud of him. He took my idea of an army of peacocks."

"He is your son. He loves you too much to use anyone else's ideas," Narcissa said, looking back down at her son unleashing his army on an unsuspecting Crabbe and laughing Theo.

Blaise and Ginny laughed at Theo's retelling of Draco's first sign of magic. "That's bloody brilliant," Ginny cackled.

"I would've loved to been there for that," Blaise said. "Maybe my friendship with Draco could've gone a bit better then.

Draco received his Hogwarts letter a few weeks after his eleventh birthday. His mother was ecstatic about it while Lucius couldn't really complain. He was still wishing for his son to go to Durmstrang but could not disappoint his beloved wife. Draco saw it as an achievement, but he didn't realize what else would await him in that path of life.

"I got it mother!" Draco screamed, running into the parlor area of Malfoy Manor. Narcissa sat in a chair reading a book and Lucius was reading the Daily Prophet. Draco gave her the letter. "I got accepted to Hogwarts, just like you wanted!"

Narcissa smiled and looked over at Lucius, who had a scowl on his face. "I told you he'd get it. Now there is no more need for Durmstrang talk," she said.

Lucius sighed, finally giving into his wife's demands after many years of arguing. "He'll be a proud Slytherin, and will surely be famous on the house Quidditch team," Lucius glanced over at Draco. "Your skills are actually above average, Draco. I have no doubt you'd make an excellent seeker."

"Thank you father, but I'd rather be a chaser," Draco admitted.

"Seekers win the game, son. They get the glory."

"Just be thankful you got the letter, Draco," Narcissa interrupted. "We can go shopping in a few weeks for your supplies. I can't wait for you to get your wand. That was my favorite part."

Hermione and Draco prepared for Hogwarts not knowing how their futures would intertwine together.

"That wasn't an informative chapter at all," Blaise groaned. "I don't care about that hogwash. I want juicy stuff."

"Well if you want excitement," Ginny shoved the papers at Blaise. "Then begin reading year 1 to us."
=============

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
462K 31.4K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
576K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
439K 11.5K 62
โspencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?โž โyou were more important.โž hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...