The Heartbreak

By elmolexy

Melissa moves from Texas to Pennsylvania. Everything seems to be adjusting quite well for her, even the neigh... More

The Heartbreak
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Six

293 10 10
By elmolexy

Angel came down the steps, dressed just like Kate and I were and noticed I was standing there as well.

            “Why didn’t you yell to Mel?” She asked.

            I looked at Kate.”Was I supposed to?”

            “Tradition.” Kate replied.

            “Well in that case.” I replied. “Honey I’m home!” I finished yelling.

            Kate and Angel both had started to laugh and shake their heads as our night began.

                Angel had us bring our stuff into her living room. As soon as I had taken a look at her living room my jaw dropped. Her living room was downright magnificent; the size of the room itself would be the average person’s living room, kitchen, and dining room combined. Her walls were lined up with black leather couches, and there was the biggest flat screen a person could own on her wall.

                Below her TV was what seemed to be her gaming consol. All of her game systems and games were lined up neat and orderly. Beside the consol, movies and books lined the wall as well. I had no doubt that she wouldn’t live in a nice house, but I hadn’t expected this.

                “You’re staring at my living room like you haven’t been in one before.” Angel teased.

                I looked over at Angel and blushed from embarrassment. “Sorry I guess I’m not use to seeing this nice of a house.”

                Kate rolled her eyes. “Oh please you were at Kaden’s house already; by far his house is the best.”

                “I like all of your houses; I guess I’m not used to seeing such elaborate houses.” I replied.

                “How about we go get the food ready?” Angel asked us once Kate and I were finished setting our stuff down.

                “Sounds good to me.” I replied and followed Angel.

                Angel led me to her kitchen, her kitchen wasn’t as spacious as her living room but it was still nice. On her counter Angel had stacked as much junk food as she could find. The whole counter was covered in fatty snacks and drinks; I turned to face Angel and gave her an impressed look.

                “We can all grab what we can and come back for whatever we have left.” Angel told us.

                The three of us ended up making three trips each, just to get everything. Once we were finished Kate and I claimed our couches while Angel put in some movie.

                I should have expected that we wouldn’t watch the movie, but it still surprised me when Angel joined Kate and I on couch and Kate began talking.

                “So Angel tell us about Corey.”

Angel’s cheeks grew crimson red and she didn’t answer until Kate nudged her for an answer. “He’s good.”

“Oh come on, spill the details with us.” I begged her.

Angel finally gave up and decided to divulge with the latest details. “Well he wants to take me on a date tomorrow afternoon.”

Kate squealed and I jumped up onto my knees. “You realize what this means right?” I asked her.

“What?” Angel asked.

                “It means he really likes you, duh.” Kate answered for me.

                “I like him to, I just don’t want to mess things up with him.”

                Kate and I looked at each other. “How could you mess things up with Corey?” Kate asked.

                “Well I just don’t want him to get bored with me.” Angel replied.

                “Nonsense.” I replied. “He will never get bored with an amazing girl like you; he would be stupid if he did.”

                “Plus I would beat him up.” Kate added.

                The three of us broke out laughing and took a few minutes to calm down.

                “So will you guys help me get ready for our date tomorrow?” Angel asked.

                “Duh that’s what friends are for.” Kate told her.

                I shook my head in agreeance and grabbed the bag of twizzlers. I took one out and started chewing on it when Angel’s next question almost made me choke.

                “So I seen you and Zach were getting pretty cozy at the picnic the other day Kate.” Angel asked.

                Just then Kate’s eyes lit up and she smiled. “We are just friends.”

                “Don’t you like him?” I asked her.

                “I do it’s just he won’t make a move and I don’t want to look silly if he rejects me.” Kate replied.

                “He’s going to look silly if he rejects you, and you’re going to look even sillier if you don’t grow a set of balls and ask him out.” Angel told her.

                I snickered at Angel’s bold choice of words. Before Kate could even reply Angel grabbed her phone and started calling someone. Immediately there was an answer and she began talking.

                “Hey I have a question for you?”Angel asked.

                “Would you like to go on a date with Kate?”

                “Great, tomorrow at about one okay?”

                “Bye.”

                Angel hung up after saying goodbye to whoever she was talking to. Although I had guessed it was Zach, I still wasn’t positive. It would seem extremely goofy to assume she had called a different boy to hook Kate up with.

                “Congratulations Kate, you have a date tomorrow with Zach!” Angel jumped up and screamed.

                “Oh my gosh! Really?” Kate jumped up and hugged Angel, while I sat on the couch and snickered at their craziness.

                “We both have dates tomorrow!” Kate squealed.

                “Wait a second.” Angel paused and looked at me.

                “What about you?” Kate asked me.

                “I think Kaden and I are hanging out tomorrow.” I replied.

                It may not be considered a date but it is a start. It’s better than sitting around and doing nothing all day.

                “So wait you like him?” Kate asked.

                Instantly my cheeks heated up and I felt embarrassed. “Well not exactly, he’s just a nice guy.”

                “Then you like Vince?” Angel asked.

                “No, we are currently fighting.”

                “Over what?” Kate asked.

                “I’m not sure, he was acting all weird after the picnic yesterday and then came to my house this morning and yelled at me.” I told them.

                “You guys seem really close, I thought that he wouldn’t get close to you at first but I guess I was proved wrong.” Angel said.

                Kate shifted uneasily from foot to foot until she finally spoke up. “You didn’t listen to my warning?” She asked me.

                All this time she knew about the game and I was almost positive that Angel had some sort of idea about it as well. Kate had never mentioned anything about it, but she seemed to be hinting at it that night when she warned me to not see Vince.

                If Vince was going to abandon me I would still need someone’s help. The way I was growing close to Angel and Kate made me want to tell them that I knew everything.

                “Look I already know about the game. Vince told me about it and he told me the other guys were still in it and were trying to break my heart. All along Vince has been helping me with everything but I guess he’s mad at something I did.” I said.

                “Wait, you know about the game?” Angel asked me.

                I shook my head in response and they both seemed too looked relieved. “Thank goodness, I could not stand to watch you get your heart broken.” Kate said.

                “Why didn’t you tell me then?” I asked her.

                “It’s part of the rules; we can’t say anything that might give it away.” Angel responded.

                “It doesn’t feel like there’s a game anymore though. You guys have Corey and Zach, and Kaden seems like a nice enough guy, and Matthew doesn’t seem to want to be a part of the game.” I told them.

                Angel and Kate sat back down. “Well I think they figured that you were smart enough to figure something was going on and decided that the game wasn’t worth it.” Kate said while biting into a twizzler.

                “So the game’s over?” I asked them.

                “I guess so.” Angel replied.

                I breathed a sigh of relief; I could actually stop worrying about the game and how to take each and every one of the boys down. Even though it had only been a little over a week or so my worries were gone. The game was done, over with.

                After having our small discussion the three of us pigged out on food and watched movies until they had both drifted off to sleep. Before I fell asleep I took out my phone and sent a quick text to Vince.

                The game is over now; each of the boys gave up.

                After sending that message I received a text from Kaden.

                Sorry for replying so late. I can pick you up tomorrow to hang out. Dress casual J

                I smiled and sent him a quick text before putting my phone away.

                Can’t wait J

                I flipped my phone shut and put it away before I fell asleep on Angel’s couch.

                “Shhh Kate you’re going to wake her up.” Angel said.

                “That’s the point.” Kate told her.

                A few seconds later I had flew off of the couch and landed on the floor with a thud.

                “Ouch.” I said as I rubbed where I hit my head off of the floor.

                I looked up to see Kate and Angel snickering at what they had done. Instead of waking me up like most normal people they decided to flip me off of the couch. Fantastic.

                “Wake up sleepy head.” Kate sang.

                “I hate you.” I grumbled as I got up.

                “Angel made pancakes.”

                Within seconds I was standing up and fighting with Kate to see who got the bigger pancake.

                “Guy’s there both the same size.” Angel whined.

                “Well that one has more chocolate chips in it.” I grunted as I tried pushing Kate out of the way.

                “But I want them.” Kate yelled.

                Finally Kate lost her gripping on the kitchen door and fell. I quickly jumped over her and grabbed the plate with the pancakes we had both wanted. Kate got up with a look of defeat.  She went and grabbed her pancakes and sat down at the table with Angel and I.

                “Hey Mel.” Kate said.

                I looked up from eating my pancakes to look at her. Big mistake. Kate had her mouth open with her food all smashed up and hanging from her tongue.

                “That’s just delicious.” I replied and stuffed my face with my pancakes.

                “Hey Kate.” I said with my mouth full.

                “Yeah.” She said looking up to see me.

                I showed her the food in mouth. “I return the favor.”

                Angel shook her head and flung a piece of butter at the both us. “You two are ridiculous.”

                “Says the girl who just flung butter at us.” Kate muttered.

                I started laughing as Angel reached across the table and took the last bite of Kate’s pancakes. Kate had decided that as revenge she was going to scoop some butter with her hand and throw it down Angel’s shirt. I nearly started choking from laughing at what I had just witnessed.

                I would have kept laughing had a scoop full of butter not been thrown at me. Then it was on, I grabbed the butter that had been flung at me and threw it at Angel. I then hid under the table to take cover, hopping up every once in awhile to throw butter.

                After a few minutes of throwing butter at each other we ran out. That was when Kate had decided to slip away and lock herself in the bathroom. Leaving the mess for Angel and I to clean up.

                “After Kate grabs her shower I will grab mine, then you can get yours.” Angel said while wiping away the last of the butter.

                I shook my head in agreeance and went to get the things I would need to hang out with Kaden. Kate had finally finished taking her shower and wanted me to help her with her hair. I had thrown a simple waterfall braid into her hair and curled it. By the time I finished doing Kate’s hair Angel had gotten out of the shower, which would let Kate do Angel’s hair while I showered.

                I quickly jumped in the shower and washed my hair to get the butter out of it. When I came out of the bathroom I let Angel do my hair as Kate finished getting ready.

                “So what kind of date are you going on Mel?” Angel asked me.

                “It isn’t a date, and Kaden said casual.” I told her.

                “I bet it isn’t a date.” Angel sarcastically replied.

                I rolled my eyes and tried to hide the blush that crept up my cheeks. Angel had decided to give me a braided headband and straighten my hair. When she was done I threw on some blue and green dyed shorts with a white flowing tank top. I then threw on a blue feather necklace and just grabbed my white flip-flops.

                As soon as we were all finished getting ready we went downstairs and cleaned up Angel’s living room. As soon as we were done I checked the time and it was already one.  Kate and Angel’s dates were both around two and Kaden would probably just walk over when he was ready.

                “Hey Kate can you drop me off before you head out with Corey?” I asked her.

                “Yeah, let’s pack up our stuff in my car and then we can leave.” She replied.

                Angel helped us pack our stuff into Kate’s car and we all hugged each other bye.

                “I had a great time, thank you for inviting me over.” I told Angel.

                “Of course! The next sleepover we have can be at your house or Kate’s.” Angel finished.

                “We will plan something out, don’t worry!” I said as I got into Kate’s car.

                Kate dropped me off at my house but before I got out of the car I turned over to face her. “Good luck on your date.”

                “You too.” She said and winked.

                I rolled my eyes and got out of the car and grabbed my things. I unlocked my door and went upstairs and set my things in my room. As soon as I was done I grabbed my phone and checked to see if Vince had said anything.

                Vince had replied to my text from last night.

                I guess that means we don’t need to talk anymore.        

                 I sent him back a quick text which didn’t even begin to explain how angry I felt.

                If that’s how you feel.

                Without a beat Vince quickly replied.

                It is.

                I shut my phone and looked away angrily. I hadn’t done anything to make him mad. If anything it was the other way around. He had come to my house and yelled at me, and he didn’t even have the courtesy to tell me why he was angry.

                He was supposed to be by my side, but instead he ditched me. I had wanted to cry just then when my phone went off again. I checked to see who it was and realized it was Kaden.

                You want to hang out now?

                I quickly typed in a response to him and went downstairs to wait for him.

                Yeah!

                Only minutes later he started knocking on my door. I walked over and let Kaden in. He wore only a medium blue colored pair of shorts with a white t shirt, and he looked amazing.

                “You look great Mel.” Kaden replied.

                I started to blush and looked back at him. “You do as well.”

                Kaden smiled, and when he smiled it felt as if the world slowed down for second. His smile was contagious, causing me to smile as well.

                “So I thought we could go out to eat.”

                I nodded my head and put my phone in my pocket.

                “That would be great, let’s go.”

                Kaden smiled again and started walking down the sidewalk. I started to walk beside him and looked at him.

                “Uhm Kaden, where are we going?”

                “To a restaurant.”

                “Where is it at?” I asked.

                “It’s a surprise.” He replied.

                “Even if you did tell me it would still be a surprise because I still don’t know this place very well.”

                Kaden rolled his eyes but kept quiet; he didn’t plan on telling me where we were going until we reached there. I decided not to ask him anymore questions based on where we were walking to. After a few minutes of walking Kaden stopped.

                I looked around to see where we were, Kaden had led us to an abandoned house. It looked as if every shingle was ready to fall if, if it already hadn’t. The boards that kept the house stable seemed to lean in a rather dangerous way.

                “Kaden this is an abandoned house.”

                “Yup.”

                I looked up at Kaden who was looking down at me smiling. He grabbed my hand and started walking towards the house.

                “I don’t think this house is safe.” I told him.

                “Yeah I don’t either.” He replied.

                Without further questioning he led me past the house and to the back of it. The house’s backyard was surrounded by trees, so no one could possibly look in. The wildlife had begun to take over the yard, trees were growing everywhere, the grass was thick and high, and birds and squirrels made their homes in the trees.

                It was truly unique, and to top it off in the middle of the yard was a picnic basket along with a blanket laid out on the grass. Kaden had set this up, most likely by himself.

                “Kaden this is beautiful.” I said in awe.

                “I wanted a place that reminded me of you.” He said smiling.

                I began blushing and hugged him for the thoughtfulness he had put into this.

                “I love it.”

                “I’m glad.” He replied.

                Kaden’s hand was still in my hand and I had prayed that my palms were not sweaty. His hands were large and covered my hands, and left me tingling.

                Sadly he let go of my hand as he went to sit down on the blanket. I sat down next to him while he pulled out two plates and pasta. Lucky for Kaden pasta was one of my favorite foods. He handed me my plate and we started eating.

                “So I wanted to ask you something.” He asked me.

                “Yeah?”

                “Why did you choose to kiss me?”

                “What do you mean?” I asked.

                Kaden looked down at me. “It’s no secret that Vince and you are close, I just thought you would have picked him.”

                “I don’t think Vince would have liked that.” I replied.

                “Any guy would be lucky enough to have you kiss them Mel.”

                I looked into his eyes and I stopped hiding my blush. There wasn’t any use, throughout the day he was going to make me blush like crazy. I was just going to have to get over my embarrassment.

                “I want to get to know you better.”

                “I think that would be a good start.” I told him.

                The thought of getting to know Kaden better sounded like a good thing.

                “How about we play twenty questions?” He suggested.

                I put down my plate and looked Kaden in the eye. “We can ask anything we want, and the other has to answer it.” I finished.

                Kaden seemed to think over the idea for a minute or so and finally came across and answer. The gleam in his eye showed me that he wanted to keep the game interesting; he wasn’t the type to ask what my favorite color was. He would be the type to go all out and make the game worthwhile. It’s a good thing that I had a few good questions up my sleeve as well.

                “Deal.” He said and pushed out his hand to shake on it.

                I grabbed his hand and shook it. I wanted to make these questions worth it, and I’m sure he wanted to as well.

                Kaden had no idea what he was in for. This would be one hell of a game.

Well I want to dedicate this to my favorite commenter, obviously the comment was the best out of the other comments. Although I do appreciate every comment and vote this comment was just the best out of all of them. So a huge thanks to DayDreamerDreams! I hopy you all enjoy this chapter, and heres a good question for you to dwell upon, who would you like to see Melissa end up with? Comment below and let me know :)

Continue Reading