Enemy of My Pack ✔️

By thedeepster

As Jennifer became of age, she was to inherit the Alpha position from her father when he retired, but her fat... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Damn Everything!
Chapter 2: My Father, The Tyrant
Chapter 3: NO FAINTING!
Chapter 4: You Look a Little Green?
Chapter 5: 'See You In a Couple of Years!'
Chapter 6: Go Away Feelings!
Chapter 7: My Mate My Enemy
Chapter 8: The Only One
Chapter 9: The Omega
Chapter 10: My Grandparents are Ooooold!
Chapter 11: "I'll Be Ready For You."
Chapter 12: "We Need to Talk."
Chapter 13: The Tale Of A Kidnapped Boy
Chapter 14: The Warrior Pack
Chapter 15: Zanifer? Or Nah?
Chapter 16: "I Will Find You."
Chapter 17: The Bitch Chloroformed Me!
Chapter 18: Jerk's, They're Everywhere.
Chapter 19: Prey or Predator?
Chapter 20: Two Black Holes
Chapter 21: Lies and Betrayals
Chapter 22: I Will Always Forgive You
Chapter 24: My Father, The Tyrant: Part Two
Chapter 25: Hurt
Chapter 26: A Shred of Hope
Chapter 27: Lies and Betrayals: Part Two
Chapter 28: Clayton
Chapter 29: The Decider's of Fate
Chapter 30: I Will
Epilouge: One Soul
Sequel 🤔

Chapter 23: This Feeling in my Heart.

9.5K 319 17
By thedeepster

JEN

"Shawn?" How is this possible? How is he...alive.

"W-" But I never got to finish what I wanted to say because something hard hit me in the head, making me stumble and lose my grip on the knife.

Right before I blacked out, I could see Shawn running towards me holding his chest, where the knife struck him, with his face twisted in pain with each step.

I remember smiling at the sight, not because I was a freak who loved seeing people in pain, but because of the life I saw in his eyes.

Just before he reached me, I fell into darkness.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

SHAWN

Beep

Beep

Beep

I laid there in the uncomfortable bed listening to my own heart when all I could think about was going to Jennifer.

Even though it has only been two hours since I was brought here, my body felt better than ever, but it could be the mass amount of morphine I had in my system.

Sharry tried to give me a sedative but I refused, wanting to be awake when Jen woke up.

I thought back to way she laid there in the field after Zander hit her over the head. I remember kneeling down in front her, touching her beautiful face wondering if I was a ghost but by the way Zander looked at me as well as everyone else, I knew I was alive.

"How are you alive?" Asked the dick who stabbed me.

I didn't answer him mostly because I didn't have an answer to his question.

"Is your wolf gone." He asked with hope. I swallowed harshly, tasting blood. I felt hallow inside, like a piece of me was missing, like my soul was missing.

"Yes." One simple word and an applause ripped through the pack as they stood there watching me and my mate.

I grabbed my chest, feeling the pain intensify with the anger I felt.

"I suggest you stop clapping and take my mate to Sharry." I said through clenched teeth. I guess I still had a little bit of my wolf in me even though I knew he was gone for good.

A tall boy, Matt I think, stepped forward and picked up Jen from the ground. I would have done it myself but I couldn't considering the giant hole in my chest.

I glanced down at it wondering the same thing Nathan was. "How am I not dead?"

My eyes blinked from the sudden light in my eye. I looked at the source to find the knife that had killed me, or almost killed me, a few feet in front of me but before I could make a grab at it, Nathan picked it up wrapping it in a cloth.

We stared each other down before I broke eye contact by coughing and gasping in pain.

I left him standing there and headed to the hospital, wanting to be with Jen.

As I laid there thinking about my flashback, I couldn't help but remember the feeling of being trapped in my own body as my wolf was in control.

My breathing became quicker until I started to gasp for air. I was panicking again thinking about my wolf.

Jen's face popped up in my mind, erasing whatever memory I was remembering. I smiled at the image wishing so hard I could touch her face again.

The door to my room opened making me look up with excitement thinking it was Jen but in walked Sharry carrying a board in her hands.

"I don't know how you're alive with the amount of platinum and wolfsbane you had in your system, you should have stayed dead even if it just affected your wolf.

My wolf was an ruthless asshole who fed on people's fears but I knew I couldn't hate that part of me because I was the one who created it in the first place. Fourteen years ago, I would have killed to have my wolf in control but instead it turned my wolf into a prick with no heart.

I was dormant in my own body letting my animal side ride in the real world. It wasn't until I met Jen that I actually woke up in my subconscious. Although, I couldn't protect her from the terrible things my wolf did to her, I knew I would always love that girl. I fell for her through my wolfs eyes even though through his eyes, he saw her as a threat to his "throne".

I fought with my animal side quite a lot whenever he treated Jen wrong but he was too strong and always won.

For a long time now, I wished, I wished so hard that I never had my wolf take control especially when I think about the hurt I've caused Jennifer.

Her face kept showing up in my mind making me get out of bed to hunt her down.

"What do you think you're doing!" Asked Sharry.

I didn't say anything but just as I took a step forward I collapsed onto the floor.

With inhuman strength, Sharry basically picked me up like a toddler and sat me on the bed. I looked at her with wide eyes not realizing that she was way stronger than me now.

"Uh..." I just didn't know what to say. It was weird now, I used to scare people. They were so afraid of me and now, she could kill me in a second.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't see the needle that was inching towards my skin.

"Wait!" I felt a tiny prick on my arm giving me goosebumps. My thoughts became a little fuzzy and then for the first time in fourteen years, I fell into a blissful sleep.

***

My eyes fluttered open when I felt something dripping down my arm. I found a weeping Jennifer clutching my hand, holding it to her heart.

She looked up when I stroked her cheek. Her tear-streaked face suddenly glowed with happiness. "Shawn!" Her arms flew around my body making me wince and laugh at the same time.

"Ow!" I was only kidding but she immediately pulled away making me want to growl but I couldn't anymore.

"Sorry! Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" She looked like she was about to cry all over again. I sat up, wincing again from the pain in my chest, and I grabbed her arm pulling her close to me. She placed her head on my good shoulder, laughing.

I squeezed her body, feeling the warmth radiate around us. I closed my eyes and put my chin on her head, sighing in content.

This feeling I had hit me right in the heart, making it beat faster the longer she was in my arms.

I didn't care if I was human now, the only thing I cared about was keeping this women safe, happy.

She pulled away from me and looked in my eyes and then to my lips. I couldn't help myself but look at her lips too. They were chapped, like she was dehydrated but I still couldn't stop but think about my lips touching her lips.

Just as I leaned in, the door slammed open making me and Jen jump in fright.

Jennifer didn't waste a second when she saw Nathan and Carter come in. She stood at the end of my bed, blocking my view of him, sneering. "Get out. I won't ask again."

Nathan stepped closer to her and I jumped out of the bed, my injuries forgotten, and stood in front of her.

"I don't care if I am human, I will kick you in the ass if you step any closer." I threatened, my voice low and deadly.

"Okay listen, I know you don't like me right now and I totally understand but you have to listen to me." Nathan was talking fast and anxious like he was scared of something. Carter looked at us with pleading eyes.

"What is it?" Jen must have detected the stress in his voice because she sounded scared.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her to my body, comforting her.

Carter took in a shaky breath, looking at Jen with fear in his eyes. "It's-it's dad. He's back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

548K 16K 25
[ Highest Rank: #71 in Werewolf ] His face, still, nearly inches away from mine. The deep, blue eyes that would pierce my dreams from now on. And his...
12.8M 452K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
134K 5K 30
Omega rejected alpha regret it desc.: (Excerpt from story) Those heart breaking words leave her mouth, making tears flow down my cheeks freely. "I A...
666K 18.4K 20
"Mine!" I heard him growl. I turned around and screamed. He was so close to me our chests were touching. Alpha Carter is my mate! "No...no...no, yo...