Fixation Of Love

By its_a_secret95

Sarah is your typical good girl. She attends her regular classes and goes home at her prescribed time. Only o... More

Chapter 1- Surrounded with everything yet so lonely.
Chapter 2- Contact number 4:
Chapter 3- Maybe talking is worser than thinking.
Chapter 4- Friends?
Chapter 5: 3 weeks later:
Chapter 6- Why?
Chapter 7: Wish you were here
Chapter 8- What is wrong with me?
Chapter 9: Maybe I'm just nervous
Chapter 10: Jelous? Me? No, never.
Chapter 11: The realisation
Chapter 12: Is he actually blushing?
Chapter 13: Dude you are so whipped right now
Chapter 14: Did you two have fun yesterday?
Chapter 15: She can help you get the girl.
Chapter 16: What does that term even mean?
Chapter 17: Who said chivalry was dead?
Chapter 18: Truth or Dare?
Chapter 19: It was just us. No one else.
Chapter 20: Memory Lane
Chapter 21: Just empty thoughts.
Chapter 22: Okay then
Chapter 23: I felt a space rocket being launched into space.
Chapter 24: This stupid thing called oxygen.
Chapter 25: Sometimes there's more to a story than what's being told.
Chapter 26: I feel more butterflies errupting
Chapter 27: He was even worse than a girl on her period.
Chapter 28: He was hurting
Chapter 29: I was trying to fly but I couldn't find wings
Chapter 30: Dylan.
Chapter 31: If I ever see him, I'll kill him for breaking your heart.
Chapter 32: First Date
Chapter 33: You're delusional
Chapter 34: 1 month later
Chapter 35: This is how it feels.
Chapter 36: Is he forgiven?
Chapter 37: My girl
Chapter 39: Of course Dylan had to be a delinquent
Chapter 40: Easy tiger. Anyone would think you're into guys now.
Chapter 41: Stop trying to fuck whilst the rest of us are in the house
Chapter 42: Ashton's some dude who's whipped off his ass
Chapter 43: You promise?
Chapter 44: Graduation
Chapter 45: Epilogue

Chapter 38: I don't want to be Edward he's all shiny and shit

54 4 1
By its_a_secret95

Chapter 38: I don't want to be Edward he's all shiny and shit

"So why again did you and Dylan just suddenly bury the hatchet?" Ashton asked rolling his eyes as we drove home from school.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know, I guess we've just both moved on." I replied.

"Stop lying Sarah. Please it's not a good look on you." Ashton chuckled.

"Come on Ashton let it go." I smiled at him as he parked the car.

"Fine. But just know you can tell me anything." He smiled as he kissed my forehead when we met at the front of the car.

"Does it hurt?" He murmured motioning towards my face.

"I can barely feel it's there." I whispered smiling as I gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

When we pulled away he had a slight frown on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He quickly replaced it with a smile but you could tell it was fake.

"It's nothing. I promise." His eyes twitched lightly.

"Ashton?" I asked.

He sighed running a hand through his hair.

"It's just that the guy bruised your face and broke you heart yet your letting him back in. You've forgiven him."

"Ashton, I'm sorry. I would tell you but I promised him." I replied.

"I haven't forgiven him for hurting me but he's explained." I carried on.

"Explained what?" Ashton asked.

"Please Ashton." I begged quietly.

"You know I would've told you but it's just this is a little different." I told him.

He finally nodded understandingly.

"Just promise me one thing Sarah." He said.

"Anything." I replied quickly.

"I don't have to worry about him breaking us up or anything do I?" Ashton asked.

"Nope. Not at all." I replied wholeheartedly.

"Good." He smiled but it didn't quite reach his face.

-.-.-.-

"So what did the Principle say?" I asked as I made us both a snack.

"Nothing. I explained to him what happened and he believed me so he let me go." Ashton shrugged with a slight smirk on his face.

"I forgot to ask you." I said as I gave him a sandwich (not my Sarah surprise but it was close).

"Did Blake land a date with that girl then?" He chuckled his eyes creasing a little and his dimple appearing again.

"Nope. She flipped him off when he asked her. Something about him being too much of a flirt." He laughed again.

"So has he just forgotten about her?" I asked.

"Nope. He's declared that he's going to keep on doing it until she says yes to one date." He laughed again.

I laughed too and Ashton looked like he was about to say something but was cut off when my phone rang.

I looked down at the caller ID and was surprised to see that it was my mum.

"I'll be right back." I murmured walking out of the kitchen into the front room.

Me: Hello?
Mum: Sarah, me and your dad we've been talking and we realised that we were going to miss your graduation.
Me: What do you mean by 'were going to miss'
Mum: Well we've made some calls and spoke to a few people and well long story short, we're coming home in one month!

I didn't know what to think. I know I should've felt happy about mum and dad coming home but oddly enough I wasn't. I was happy here.

Mum: Hello? Darling are you still there?
Me: Yeah mum I am.
Mum: We'll be home in one month so we'll be just in time for your graduation. Right?
Me: Yeah mum I think so.
Mum: That's great! Revise well for your exams! We'll see you then! Bye!

Mum had already hung up before I could give her a goodbye.

"What's wrong princess?" Ashton asked as he hugged me from behind.

"Mum and dad are coming back in one month." I replied quietly not quite knowing what to think.

"That's a good thing right? They're going to be here for graduation." Ashton said as he spun me around to face him.

"But I don't want to leave you all." I whispered so quietly I'm surprised he heard it.

"We'll still be here except you'll just be at your house. We'll still be together. Vanessa will still be friends with you. So will Blake and Ian. And my mum will still be here if you ever need anything." He replied quietly.

It was then at that moment that I realised just how much I had relied on Ashton Ryder and his family. More than my own.

"Thank you." I said after a while.

"For what?" He asked.

"Everything."

We sat in silence for a bit before Ashton said,

"Hey at least this way, I can finally meet your parents and we can have that boyfriend meets the parents dinner."

"First you need to have that with Jacob and then live that through in person." I laughed.

"Yeah we still need to tell mum about that." Ashton laughed.

"On a scale of 1-10 how much do you think she'll freak out?" He asked.

"Well after she's finished fussing over how grown up Vanessa is? Probably about an 8." I replied causing Ashton to laugh.

"Hmm probably." He laughed again raising his eyebrows.

-.-.-.-

"So let me get this straight," Emma said as she prepared the meal for tonight.

"Vanessa has a boyfriend who Ashton told to come to our house tonight, Sarah's parents are coming back in one month and I still need to start on desserts." Emma finished as she put her casserole in the oven.

"Yeah pretty much." Ashton agreed as he leaned on the counter table.

"Ashton you idiot." Emma just said after a while.

Ashton just smiled rolling his eyes.

"Emma do you need any help?" I asked.

"Yeah please. Can you just please make a start on desserts?" I nodded my head before getting out all the ingredients needed from the recipe that Emma had ready.

"Ah Vanessa. You're finally here. Go make a start on the salad." Emma quickly said as soon as Vanessa came in.

"Can I do anything?" Ashton asked.

"Nope. Seeing as you can barely make toast and I'm not in the mood really to see the house burn." Emma laughed.

"So what can I do?" Ashton whined.

"Go watch tv or something. I don't know, what do you usually do?" Emma asked suddenly interested.

"Talk to Sarah." Ashton said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Emma smiled a little before saying "Well Sarah's busy so go revise for your exams."

"Mum, I've already revised everything this week cause Sarah made me."

I bit back a smile as Emma looked at Ashton with a shocked face.

"Oh! My baby boy really is growing up!" Emma shrieked as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Vanessa smirked as Ashton looked towards me, slightly embarrassed.

"Mum! Stop, your embarrassing me!"

Emma shook her head frantically,

"Nonsense, I can't embarrass you seeing as though Sarah is practically family."

A smile found it's way to my face as I carried on preparing dessert.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Ashton smile too at Emma before he left the kitchen.

-.-.-

"Oh my god Sarah! I can't believe that Ashton just told Jacob to come to our house like that! Ugh I hate him so much! I just can't wait until Ashton meets your parents and then we'll see how bad he squirms." Vanessa glared crossing her arms.

I stifled a laugh as I said,

"Vanessa you know Jacob was going to have to meet Emma eventually. And besides he's going to be here in like half an hour so get ready."

She nodded her head before going to her closet.

"Sarah?" She said as I was leaving the room.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to miss you."

She came and hugged me. I hugged her back saying,

"Your not trying to get rid of so easily. I'm still here for another month," I smirked.

"Darn! And there was me thinking I could turn your room into a walk through closet." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes smiling before going to my room.

My room.

I guess I was so used to this house, the family and everything that I forgot I had my own family. Me, mum and dad. But now, Ashton, Emma and Vanessa are my family too. I guess a lot has happened since mum and dad went away again.

Sighing I walked over to my closet as I picked out a red sundress and left my hair out.

I got my hair cut a few days ago so now it reached just a little below my shoulders. I liked it better shorter because I didn't have to worry too much about it.

"Hey Sarah are you ready?" Ashton asked walking in as he assessed me from head to toe.

"You look amazing, you should wear dresses more often." Ashton said as he rested his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"Hmm I'll think about it." I replied smirking a little.

"Oh you'll think about it?" Ashton laughed.

"Maybe," I giggled.

He smiled before carrying on.

"So I know it's still a while away but I really want to make a good impression on your parents. So can you tell me what they're like?" Ashton asked and I turned around to see him smiling sheepishly.

"Ashton you don't need to worry about any of that. Because as long as I like you, they'll like you."

"Like?" He asked frowning.

"Yeah," I smirked.

Ashton just pouted to which I gave him a peck on the lips before saying,

"Fine. As long as I love you, they'll love you." I said smirking.

"Good and that will be forever." He replied.

"God you get so cheesy so quickly Ashton." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Yeah but you love it." He winked.

"Hmm true but we need to go now, Jacob's going to be here any minute."

Ashton nodded with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked confused.

"His name." Ashton said chuckling.

"What about his name?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows a little.

"Well Jacob. It reminds me of that twilight dude."

"Twilight? God don't tell me you've watched that!" I said shocked.

Ashton didn't say anything but he just looked down.

"Oh my god Ashton! I haven't even watched that!" I laughed.

"Well it's not my fault Vanessa forced me."

"Like she forced you to watch the fault in our stars?" I asked with a smirk.

"Okay maybe I watched that upon my own accord but this I promise I'm not lying!" He denied.

"Yeah sure." I laughed.

"Sarah! Hurry he's on his way!" Vanessa screamed from the bottom of the stairs.

"Come on Edward we need to go." I said laughing bumping my shoulder with his.

"Ew I don't want to be Edward. He's all shiny and shit. And plus we just technically called my sister's boyfriend Jacob." He scrunched his face in disgust.

"Come on I'm serious we need to go." I said again laughing at his immaturity.

Ashton sighed before following me out the door.

"So is this how it's going to be at your house when I come over?" Ashton said from behind me, his hot breath fanning my ear.

"Something like it." I replied as Vanessa opened the door.

"Hey Vanessa I brought you these." Jacob said handing Vanessa some red roses.

Aww.

"See? You should get me some flowers like that." I whispered to Ashton as I lightly slapped his chest.

"Hmm. I'll think about it," Ashton smirked, using my words from before.

"Thanks Jacob!" Vanessa smiled at him as she leaned in to kiss him.

"Okay that's enough Vanessa. I don't think I want to see my sister have a make out session at the front door." Ashton quickly interrupted as he pushed Vanessa lightly.

"Jacob, come in." Ashton said and I could see amusement in his eyes as he said Jacob's name.

Jacob smiled a little at Ashton before going back to looking like he'd had an accident in his pants.

"Shut up Ashton! It's just a kiss! You and Sarah do that all the time!" Vanessa said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah well we don't do it when we know there are people around!" Ashton laughed quickly.

Vanessa didn't say anything but she just snorted.

All the while poor Jacob was still standing at the front door.

"Can I come in please? It's just it's really cold," Jacob said, his teeth chattering slightly.

I thought this was meant to be summer.

"Oh this must be Jacob!" Emma beamed as she came out of the kitchen.

"Yeah." Vanessa smiled up at him as he smiled down at her.

They really did make a good couple.

"Well Vanessa you did a good job at this one! He looks like a keeper!" Emma winked at Vanessa.

"Thanks?" Vanessa said puzzled.

Emma laughed before gushing at the roses in Vanessa's hands.

"Let's put these in a vase! Sarah and Vanessa can you help me set the table?Then we'll have dinner but for now boys, you can watch t.v or something," Emma said smiling.

Ashton just nodded his head smirking a little at Jacob and I could tell he was still thinking about Twilight so I just rolled my eyes when our eyes met, mouthing 'behave' to him to which he just winked at.

When we were laying the table Vanessa asked Emma,

"So how do you like Jacob so far? Isn't he amazing!" She smiled.

"Well considering he's barely said five words to me, he's amazing!" Emma laughed.

"If only we invited Kyle too," Emma sighed before being interrupted.

"Let's first focus on trying not to scare Jacob away and then we'll think about all six of us having dinner together." Vanessa rolled her eyes just as we finished laying the table.

Emma just frowned at Vanessa before calling Ashton and Jacob.

"So how was your time with Jacob?" I whispered as I took a seat next to Ashton.

"We just watched t.v. The guy is so scared of me, I don't even know why." Ashton chuckled as Emma made small talk with Jacob.

-.-.-

"Thanks Mrs Ryder, the food was great." Jacob smiled at Emma, now that the fear was slowly starting to disappear.

"Aw thank you Jacob. And please, call me Emma." She replied smiling.

The meal was now over and we were all currently in the front room talking with the t.v playing.

"Jacob I was wondering if you'd like to join me, Ashton, Sarah, Vanessa and my boyfriend Kyle for another meal." Emma said suddenly.

"Mum! You've just met Jacob once and you're already inviting him to have dinner with Kyle!" Vanessa rolled her eyes.

"Jacob you can say no if you want." Vanessa smiled at her.

Jacob was quiet for a while before he said,

"No honestly it's fine. I don't mind, I mean it'll help me to get to know you all better." He signalled towards me, Ashton and Emma.

Emma smiled triumphantly as Vanessa just rolled her eyes again.

Emma and Jacob carried on talking as me and Ashton watched t.v silently.

"Mum seems to really like Jacob." Ashton whispered quietly so no one could hear.

"It's like Jacob's meeting Vanessa for the first time not Emma." I chuckled when he said that.

"Why are jealous that Jacob's getting along with your mum but you're scared mine won't like you?" I teased him.

"Sarah I know they'll like me. I mean what's not to like?" Ashton rolled his eyes smiling.

"A lot of things." I snickered back at him.

"Thanks for having me Emma but I should get going." Jacob smiled politely as he stood up.

"Already?" Emma asked frowning.

"Mum it's eleven at night. He needs to go home!" Ashton laughed.

"Oh sorry! I didn't realise the time! It was really nice meeting you Jacob and I hope to see you soon!" Emma beamed at him.

"I'll see you out." Vanessa stood up holding Jacob's hand.

"Well I don't know about you but I'm beat." Ashton stood up yawning.

"Yeah me too. I think I'm going straight to bed. Thankfully Vanessa did the dishes. We should invite Jacob over more often- she actually does work that way!" Emma laughed as she went upstairs.

"Guys I'm going bed!" We heard Vanessa scream.

I was still sat on the sofa as Ashton was watching me.

"What?" I asked scrunching my nose a little.

"Well seeing as though everyone has gone bed now, want to watch a movie?" Ashton asked smiling a little.

"I thought you were tired." I laughed a little.

"Hey I thought you knew me better than that. I'm never too tired to spend time with my girl."

"Aw Ashton you weirdo." I laughed throwing a cushion at him.

He rolled his eyes sitting down next to me on sofa putting an arm around my shoulders.

"So what movie was it that you wanted to watch?" He asked.

"Your choice."

"Okay ummm how about a horror movie? That way when you get scared I'll be right here to protect you." Ashton smirked winking at me.

"How about we just stay like this?" I sighed wrapping my arms around his waist.

Ashton rested his chin on my head as I heard him murmur a 'yes'.

A/N:

Thanks for reading!
Sorry for any grammar mistakes

its_a_secret95

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.5K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
658K 15.2K 51
After an unpleasant two years away from her hometown, Chloe Woods is excited to return. She's looking forward to rekindling her friendship with John...
50.5K 4K 38
The main rule is 'Stop the cliches' -CC ~*~ In the town where everything cliched occurs, Ella is sent a message with a simple task. These messages...
3.7M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...