The perfect timing (In Editin...

Door JustmeN

I'm not like wonder woman, supergirl or catwoman. The only similarity we share is that we all have an extraor... Meer

Plot
Chapter 1-
Chapter 2-
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7-
Chapter 8-
Chapter 9-
Chapter 10-
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12-
Chapter 13-
Chapter 14-
Chapter 15-
Chapter 16-
Chapter 17-
Important
Chapter 18-
Chapter 19-
Chapter 20-
Chapter 21-
Chapter 23-
Chapter 24-
Chapter 25-
Chapter 26-
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28-
Chapter 29-
Chapter 30-
Chapter 31-
Chapter 32-
Book 2 and help!
The second book is out!

Chapter 22-

1.1K 70 6
Door JustmeN

As I wake up, I'm drenched in sweat and my head feels like somebody has hit me hard.

Why do I keep on having these dreams? For years I haven't dreamed about my mother. But these last few weeks it happened more frequently. And it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth, even though the dreams are the opposite of a nightmare. 

I look at my wrist and suddenly remember her last words. They don't make much sense and I blame the stress I keep on having these past few days.

My aunt brings me back into reality as she knocks on my door and slowly peaks her head into my room.

"Hey, I see you are awake now," she says and there is her motherly smile on her lips. "How are you feeling?"

It tells me that she must have heard me crying.

"Better," I answer.

"Maybe you just needed a good sleep," Lily says and with that she leaves me alone to make us breakfast. 

I appreciate the fact that she doesn't force me to tell her what happened. And maybe she is right. My body lacks sleep. I can't even remember the last time I slept for such a long period. 

After a few more minutes lying in my blankets, I crawl out of my bed and get ready. I have plans for today or to be specific it is Kitty's birthday and everyone will meet at four at the M.E. Though there is another place I have to go to before I attend her birthday. It is Aiden's place. I want to make up to him and give him some answers. He is my best friend and I can't live with the fact that there is a chance of losing him. I need him. We swore that we will never break apart and I don't want to start breaking our promise.

So after breakfast I tell my aunt, where I'm off to and go to Aiden's house. 

When I'm in front of his door, though I still feel nervous. My hands begin to sweat and my breathing quickens. 

What if he doesn't hear me out? I hurt him more than once and only the thought gnaws at my heart.

Nevertheless my hand pushes the doorbell and the familiar sound rings in my ear. A few seconds later I hear footsteps approaching and when Aiden's mother opens the door, I can only smile. It is always nice to see the lovely woman.

Her eyes beam at the sight of me and she shoos me inside. We talk for a bit, until she tells me that my best friend is in his room. I take that as a good sign. He hasn't told her anything so far.

Though as I climb up the stairs to Aiden's room, my palms get sweaty again.

In front of his door I hesitate. But then I take all of my courage and knock twice. Not even a second later, Aiden opens the door. Our eyes meet and I can see the surprise.

He winks me inside with his hand and I follow his invitation. Like always his room is a big mess. Clothes are on the ground, books pile up on his desk and the only clean space is his bed. I smile, when I notice his chaos. Some things never change. And when we make again eye contact I see that a fight will not change our friendship.

Aiden is definitely still angry at me. But in life there are always harder times and I make sure that he is a part of my future. With that on my mind, I pour out my heart.

"I'm so sorry Aiden and please let me finish this, before you say anything. I know I haven't been a good best friend the last few weeks. I was always too busy to spend time with you. But I'm so sorry for that. It is kind of complicated to tell you, because my secret involves other people and I can't tell you about them. But I want you to know about mine." 

I'm breathing heavily as I wait for a reaction. My best friend raises his brows, but says nothing. He waits for me to continue and I start telling him about my secret. I tell him a bit about the M.E and what really happened to Nancy. I don't mention any names, but I clarify why I didn't tell him sooner. He gets enough information to understand, though I don't reveal the secrets of Reece, Kitty and Eric.

Aiden is quiet as he listens to me. His face is the only source that shows what is going through his mind. At first it is blank, but as soon as I mention super humans, a fascinations which he has been holding on since he is a kid, appears. His eyes glow and he hangs onto every word that leaves my lips.

As I end my story, his eyes are big and he doesn't know where to start. 

"Celia," he starts with my name, but then he shakes his head at a second thought. "No, wait! First I have to apologize Celia, for making you feel bad and guild trap you," he admits, pursing his lips as he thinks about his behavior. "This whole time I thought you had a secret boyfriend or a new best friend and didn't need me anymore. But hearing what you have been really through, I feel like the biggest jerk. And of course I'm forgiving you."

A sigh of relief leaves my lips at his last sentence and I smile at my best friend. He is still too excited to see how genuinely happy I am, that he just keeps on talking.

"But why didn't you tell me sooner. You know I'm always there for you. It doesn't matter, if it's super natural stuff like this or human stuff like having a boyfriend. Wait you don't have a secret boyfriend do you?" he asks me, waggling his eyebrows.

I punch his arm for effect and mess up his hair, because I know it will annoy him. He shots me a glare, but he let me do it nevertheless.

"No, of course not. I don't have a boyfriend and I know I should have told you sooner, but I thought it was for the best at that time."

"Alright," his face takes a more serious expression now,"But if something is bothering you again, you tell me." He sticks his pinky out for me to take,"Promise?"

I do the same and entwine my finger with his. "Promise," I say.

After that I stay a few more hours at Aiden's house. He has a lot of questions and I try to answer them as good as I can. He knows, when he gets too far and I'm relieved when he then changes the topic. We face topics like; how I am doing with my powers and if I knew what happened back then when he was frozen in time as well. I don't have a particular answer to the last question. But I have an idea. And that idea includes a talk with professor Slade. Maybe he has the answers I'm seeking.

"So what are you going to do today?" Aidens wants to know, after our long talk. 

"I actually have to attend a birthday. It's kitty's birthday, and I promised to come. What's so funny?" I frown as my best friends, double up wit laughter.

I cross my arms and narrow my eyes at him. His ocean colored eyes meet mine and I can't stop the feeling of being offended.

My best friends puts his hands up in surrender and then uncrosses my arms.

"Don't be like that. I don't mean to offend you. But I never thought the day will come, that you will go on your free will to a GIRLS birthday party. And I mean it, when I say that I'm genuinely happy that you found a girl friend along the way," he admits.

The anger is blown out of my system. After all he is right and I roll my eyes, before I laugh with my best friend. I then take a look at Aiden's alarm. The numbers hit me like a rock. It can't be this late already.

"It's already four?" I breath out.

Aiden peaks at the clock. "Yes, seems like it. When does the party start?"

"At four."

Again a chuckle leaves his lips. "You better hurry then," he advises and I'm already out of his room, rushing down stairs to get to Kitty's birthday part. 

________________________

Kitty's birthday party is being held at our training hall and everything is decorated in different pastel colors. From cotton candy pink to mint green, everything is decorated to perfection. I'm welcomed by balloons floating through the air, garlands with sixteen on them and a massive buffet at the corner. There is a big pink cake in the middle and sweet little cupcakes as well as pies placed on pretty plates. 

Super humans I know, and others I have never seen before are talking to each other, mingling around. It seems like everyone is invited and I smile, when I see how happy the birthday girl looks in her pretty baby pink dress. It has a heart shaped neckline, with some lace at the sleeves and it flares out at the bottom. In other words it is perfect for Kitty.

She gives me a bone crushing hug as I hand her my present and she beams with joy as she sees the inside of it. I grin in return and want to give Reece a knowing look, but then I remember that I'm still angry at him. Or am I? After talking with Aiden, it seems that all of my anger is gone and I feel happier inside. I don't want to hold a grudge, I think, looking at Reece, who is talking to a super human that trains here as well.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!"

The girl in front of me jumps up and down and I can't help myself to be infected by her contagious laughing. I'm grinning with her without even noticing. I don't remember the last time, someone was that excited to receive a present from me. 

"You're very welcome and I have to add, it does match you dress."

A second ago I thought her lips couldn't stretch wider, but I was wrong, because the smile she is giving me now, blows everything away.

She looks at the necklace in awe, "I just thought the same thing." 

When our eyes meet another time, we both start to laugh again, until Eric greets us with his presence. He puts his arms around Kitty's waist and when he glances at us, he raises his eyes in amusement.

"Why are you two laughing like hyenas? What is so funny? I want to laugh too," he adds, with a fake pout.

Kitty gently pushes him away, before she gives him a wink, saying,"Oh, just girl stuff."

I grin at her answer and keep quiet like she does. She is right. The boys in our lives, don't need to know everything.

"Come on you two, don't be like that," he says, trowing his hands up.

"You know, you should just let it go. Girls have to keep secrets too," Kitty tells him, nudging his shoulder. She also throws a wink at me, until her expression gets serious and she points her index finger at me. "And you should go and talk to my brother. He has been starring at us for a while now."

I follow her gaze and to no surprise Reece is already watching us. No, he is directly looking at me and I gulp as I see his intense look. We stare at each other for a while, his hazelnut colored eyes drawing me in like a moth is drawn to a flame. I can't look away and in the end, he is the one that averts his eyes.

Somehow I feel disappointed. Unsure, I don't know if I should take all of my courage and walk up to him or wait until he comes up to me.

"And if you don't want to talk to him you could always talk to me," a voice suddenly whispers, right next to my ear. 

I almost jump at the closeness. Where did he come from? 

I turn my head to meet his million dollar smile and give him a halfhearted glare. "Wyatt, don't scare me like that!" I scold him.

His eyes twinkle mischievously as he looks at something behind me. He then throws one of his arms casually around my shoulder.

"So how have you been Celia? We don't see each other often. You are always buys," he remarks, shaking his head like he can't approve of that.

"I'm fine, I guess." I say, even though it isn't the whole truth.

But Wyatt doesn't seem to notice, because his attention is already somewhere else.

"Reece good to see you," Wyatt chuckles, pulling me closer towards him. From the outside it must look like, Wyatt and I are embracing each other.

I frown at his action and try to get out of his hug. I don't mind Wyatt, but I don't like the show he is putting on in front of Reece, just to rile him up.

When I look at Reece I see that his lips are pressed into a tight line. He has his arms crossed in front of his chest and is giving us disapproval looks. But it only gives Wyatt the satisfaction he wants. He is playing with him a game, of cat and mouse.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, just having a chit chat with the lovely Celia here," Wyatt replies, as he squeezes my shoulder. 

Reece is taking a step closer towards us as Wyatt continues his game. His eyes get darker and his hands ball into fists. Until now, I wasn't even that aware of how much Reece really hated Wyatt. But there is a fire burning behind his eyes, that a few sweet words can't take away. No, he loathes him with deep passion. And that inferno is about to break lose.

But before Reece has the chance to scream at Wyatt, insult him in any form, there is a loud crash. It echoes through the hall and shuts every single person up. It rings in my ears and I want to put my hands above my ears. Though Reece stops me from doing it, as he takes a hold of my hand and pulls me towards his sister.

When we reach her, he pulls us both protectively behind him. My eyes meet Kitty's and they are probably as big as hers. What is going on, I ask myself.

But my question is already answered, when I notice the girl, who casually walks towards us. She has her hands in her pockets and sums a tune. For a moment she looks around the crowd, until her eyes meet mine. A grin steals onto her lips,"Ups, I probably caused that sound."

There it is chapter 22. I'm proud of myself, becauseupdated within two days. Did you expect that? Why did the girl just show up in the M.E? And what are your thought about Wyatt? So I hope you like it and leave a comment and a vote.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

54.8K 1.5K 27
Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and be disruptive and loud. He's also a werew...
575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...
789 25 11
50 years ago, hundreds of meteors pelted the earth. Those who managed to find and touch a meteorite were granted a special gift, superpowers. In the...
305K 15.8K 66
WARNING: CONTAINING AMOUNTS OF SASS PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN TO MANKIND In the city of NYC--- Ok. Hold up. First of all, New York City. What, are ya gonna...