Best Friend's Brother

By KaytheQueen7

"Are you sure about this Jacob?" "As long as she doesn't find out" More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
Best Friend's Brother - Closing
SEQUEL??!!!?
🤔

11.

4.2K 74 55
By KaytheQueen7

I'd be lying if I said the tension in the air didn't make it hard to breathe. Jacob sat at one side of the table with his hands folded in front of his mouth and his father sat on the other side.

Jacob had an angry look set on his face as he looked into Joseph's eyes. Joseph seemed very nervous.

"I uh.. I been looking for you." Joseph says and rubs the back of his neck. "18 years seems like a long time to wait to try and find somebody."

"It's not like that son."

"Don't... call me that. I'm not your son." Jacob closes his eyes to try and calm down. I put my hand on his lap to soothe him. "Look I know you're mad, but just give me a chance."

"I don't need to give you a chance! You left us. I didn't even get the chance to know who you were. Every father's day was hard for me. My friends in school would talk about their dad's like they were super heroes. I never got the chance to experience that because you went to raise some other man's kids instead of loving your own! How the fuck am I supposed to willingly give you another chance?"

"I'll leave you two alone." I say but Jacob stops me from leaving. "No you can stay." He says not taking his eyes off of his father.

"Jacob, I think it would be best if we had this conversation alone." Joseph says. "She doesn't have to go anywhere. You're nobody's father in here!"

I here the front door open and check the time. It's a little after five so it should be Teresa coming home from work.

"Joseph? What are you doing here?" She says when she walks in the room. Joseph looks up at her with an unknown emotion in his eyes. He stands and goes to greet her.

"Teresa... you look great. It's been a long time." Teresa glares at him, shaking her head. "You've waited 18 years to try and come back in somebody's life?"

"Well who's side of the story does he know, yours or mine?" Joseph slightly raises his voice. "He doesn't need to know any side of the story to know that you left!"

"Can I at least talk to him alone and explain things?"

"I'm not the one you should be asking." Teresa says with a bite in her voice. Joseph turns to Jacob with pleading eyes.

"You have five minutes." Jacob says. "Come with me sweetie." Teresa says and I follow her to the backyard.

We take a seat on the lounge chairs right outside the back door.

"When did he get here?" She says referring to Joseph. "Right before you came."

"I'm gonna tell you the story about Jacob's father." She says and I nod. Waiting for her to start.

"I met Joseph when I was 15. He was a senior and I was a freshman at the time. He was basically every girls dream guy. Tall, handsome, did good in school, star quarterback for the football team. I always had a crush on him but he's was way out of my league. So one day my friends drag me to this party...."

Teresa walked into the house with her friends Lisa and Gemma. The house was packed and music blasted from the disc jockey's speaker.

Teresa wasn't much of a party person, but her friends somehow persuaded her to come with them this time. She automatically felt out of place when she walked in.

Everyone was either too drunk to stand or grinding and gyrating on each other.

Gemma immediately disappeared to the beer pong table. Lisa sat in a corner with her boyfriend who had took them to the party. Teresa sat in a chair next to Lisa and watched people enjoy themselves.

"Teresa could you get me a drink please?" Lisa asked. "You want anything Tyler?" Teresa asked as she stood up.

"Yea just get me whatever you get her."

She makes her way to the kitchen and grabs two plastic cups. She fills them with a bottle labeled 'Cherry Vodka Sour Mix'.

Before she gets the chance to leave, a pair of hands wrap around her waist.

"Hey there sexy. You shouldn't be down here all alone." A deep husky voice whispers in her ear. The smell of alcohol reeks on his breath and almost makes her throw up.

"Let me go!" She says trying to escape but his grip tightens. One of his hands press tightly against her crotch and his other takes a fist full of her breasts.

"Don't be like that. How bout we take this upstairs. Or do you want it right here?"

"Get off of me!" She elbows him in the stomach but it doesn't work.

"Ohh you're a bad girl that needs to be punished I see." He rips off the buttons on her shirt, exposing her bra and starts biting on her shoulder.

"Get off of her Damien!" A voice says behind her. Soon she's released and Damien is being pushed out of the kitchen.

"Are you ok?" Teresa looks up to see Joseph with a worried expression.

"Uh I think so." She says trying to keep her ripped up shirt in place.

"Here take my jacket." He says taking off his Letterman jacket and wrapping it around her.

"Thanks." She says and looks at her feet. This is the most contact she's ever had with Joseph.

"What's your name?" He lifts her chin and rubs her arm. "Teresa"

"I'm Joseph." He reaches his hand out and Teresa shakes it. "I know who you are. Everyone does."

"Well that's true." He chuckles. "You kinda seem like you don't want to be here. If you want I could take you home."

"Yeah sure." Teresa says without thinking. "I have to take these drinks to my friend first."

"I'll meet you at the front then."

She then took the drinks over to Lisa and Tyler.

"I'm gonna go home now." She says and hands them the drinks. "What? Why don't you just stay?"

"I don't really wanna be here. I have a friend taking me home." Lisa nods and hugs her before she leaves.

Joseph opens the car door for her and gets in on the other side. The ride is pretty much silent in the beginning except for Teresa giving him directions to her house.

"So what's a girl like you doing at that party anyway?" He finally speaks up.

"My friends dragged me there. I'd much rather be at home." He chuckles a little and turns down the radio.

"You know, I'm the same. I only go to parties to get votes for prom king."

"You sly dog." Teresa jokes.

A few minutes later, Joseph pulls up to her house. "I'm really sorry about what happened." Joseph says looking into Teresa's eyes.

"It's ok. Thanks for helping me." Tessa looks down so he won't see her blush.

"How bout I give you my number, so we could hang out sometime."

"I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate that." She says. "Girlfriend?"

"Aren't you dating Debra Jenkins? She's like the hottest cheerleader at our school."

"Actually, no we never dated. We had a thing for a little and I ended it cause I wasn't into her. I don't know who spread that rumor around."

"Well ok then." Teresa says and he hands her a paper with his number. "Oh your jacket." She says and begins to take it off.

"Keep it. I have another one." He sends her a smile. "Well goodnight Joseph."

"Goodnight Teresa."

"After a month or so we started dating. He eventually left to play football in college. We had to split up a little while but eventually reunited when I was a senior. That was the year he got me pregnant with Jacob. I thought we were good but when I told him I was pregnant, he was in and out my life. He wouldn't call me as much or come over. I always saw him with other girls. When I finally went into labor he wasn't there. He never came to the hospital when my family called him. I didn't see him for over a year and a half. He started to play football professionally and was already married to some other girl with kids. He got injured about five years into his career and retired. I later found out they got married the day before I went into labor. When I mentioned our son he said it wasn't his. I convinced him to take a DNA test and it came back that he was the father. After I sent him the test results, I didn't hear from him ever again until today, I only saw him on tv when he had games. I didn't ask him for any child support or any money. I just wanted him to be in his son's life."

Teresa wipes the tears from her face. "When Jacob got older, he always wondered why Bella had a dad and he didn't. I told him that he was special and that his dad just didn't realize it yet."

Teresa breaks down in tears and I pull her into my arms.

Jacob

"I still don't get why you would leave us like that." I really don't even want to give him the time of day, but I'm only doing this for Jamiah.

"My priorities weren't in the right place. When I saw you for the first time about a year after you were born, I didn't claim you. So I took a DNA test and your mother sent me the test results that says you were mine. I never went to see you or her again. I don't know why. I guess I was in denial."

I shake my head. "Are you done?" I say rudely. "Well actually I want to get to know you. What's your favorite food?"

"Pussy. Are you done now?"

"I just want to make up for lost time. Why do you have to keep pushing me away!" Is he fucking serious?

"Make up for lost time? My whole life was spent without a father! You think you can come back 18 years later and recreate all the memories that you missed out on? I fucking hate you!"

"Look Jacob, I lost everything okay. I got injured my fifth year in professional football and could never play again. I've been in and out of jobs since then. The retirement money I got from the NFL ran out 5 years ago. My wife is on the verge of wanting to divorce me because I can't make her happy anymore."

"So all of those things are more important than your own damn son?" I seem to be able to find a way to use everything he says against him.

"No Jacob you're not understanding. I'm trying to get my life together and building a relationship with you is how I need to do that. All I have you and my other daughter."

"You don't have me. You never did." I look behind Joseph to see Jamiah watching us carefully. "I think it's time for you to leave."

"Wait I-"

"Joseph can I talk to you outside?" My mother appears and I mentally thank her.

"Uh ok." He says and stands. "Jacob hopefully we can get on better terms and you come around to meet your sister and other step siblings."

I don't say anything to him. He walks out to the back with my mother and closes the door.

Jamiah walks over to me and sits on my lap. One of her arms wraps around my neck and she places soft kisses all over my face.

"Are you okay?" She asks in between kisses. "Yeah. I just want him to leave already."

"What did he say?"

"He just told me how he met my mom and what happened all through their relationship. Then he was telling me all this bullshit about his priorities."

"Well your mom kinda told me the same. Honestly what he did to you is fucked up and you have every reason to be mad at him."

"You really think so?" I'm kinda surprised by what she's saying because I thought she'd try to make me build a relationship with him.

"Yeah I do. This is your first time meeting him and I honestly believe if he was in your life it'd make a difference. You wouldn't have so much hate in your heart. It's up to you if you want to give him a chance or not."

The knob to the back door jiggles and Jamiah jumps up and makes her way across the room. My mom walks in followed by Joseph.

I'm not comfortable with calling him my dad. He's a complete stranger to me and I want nothing to do with him.

My mom looks agitated on so many levels. She storms upstairs leaving me with Joseph.

"Don't try to make conversation with me. Just leave."

He looks hurt by how I dismissed him but I really don't care. You abandon your son, you pay the price.

"Uh... ok. Hopefully I'll see you again and maybe one day we can get on good terms. Maybe you could come and meet your sister and other step siblings." He says nervously and rubs the back of his neck. I can tell I get that habit from him and I make a mental note to stop doing it.

"You can see yourself out." He doesn't say anything else which I'm glad about. He walks out the door and closes it behind him.

About ten minutes later my mom comes rushing down the stairs with her jacket and car keys.

"Where are you going?" I ask. It's almost 7 so I don't know where she could be going.

"I'm going out to handle some business. I ordered some pizza, the money is on my dresser and Noah is at your Nana's house." With that she leaves out the door leaving me confused.

"Where the hell is Bella?" I think out loud. She should've been home hours ago when school let out but I haven't heard from her.

I go to call her but I'm sent to voicemail.

Jamiah went upstairs a while ago so I'm downstairs by myself. I would go up with her but I need you stay down here just in case someone comes back.

I call Bella again but it goes to voicemail again.

I decide to sit on the couch and turn on a movie. About fifteen minutes later the doorbell rings.

Knowing that it's the pizza I go up to my mom's room for the money and go back to the door.

"Hi your total is $22.52." The pizza man says. He looks oddly familiar though.

He's tall and skinny, dark skin and has two braids. I've seen him before in school.

We exchange the money and the pizza. "Do I go to school with you?" I ask.

"Who's that Jacob?" Jamiah comes skipping down the stairs. She freezes right behind me with a surprised expression.

The boy has a similar look except more angry. Then it clicks, this was Rayan.

"I fucking knew it." He says before storming off into the night.

I set the pizzas on the table and fetch some paper plates from the kitchen.

"That was Rayan." Jamiah blurts out as she takes a couple slices of pizza.

"I take it you didn't talk things out with him." From the looks of it he seemed pretty hurt.

"No I didn't. I actually haven't talked to him since that day."I take a bite from my pizza and nod.

I never liked Rayan anyway. He's always hanging with Ryan and they're both cocky and big headed as fuck.

"I can't believe you used to talk to him." I remember how jealous I was seeing them together. When he'd kiss her it made me want to throw up.

After we finish our pizza we throw our plates away and put the boxes in the fridge.

It's going on 10 o'clock and I still haven't heard from Bella. She hadn't answered any of the texts or calls I sent.

"Have you talked to Bella lately?" I ask Jamiah. She shakes her head and makes her way upstairs.

I call Bella one last time but getting her voicemail. Instead of going on a search for her, I decide to go upstairs and get some sleep.

Story Questions:

1. What was your favorite scene?

2. What do you think of Jacob's dad? Do you think he should give Joseph another chance?

3. Where is Bella?

4. What's up with Rayan?

5. Have you heard MB's new album?

6. Ain't it lit?

I think I'll put story questions at the end of each chapter for you to answer cause I really like reading comments and getting feedback on my books.

Soooo vote and comment for me pls!!!????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590 8 10
Two people who have known about each other almost all their lives go on a journey to learn how to love.But they have to do a little growing up to fig...
75.1K 2.5K 23
"I cant loose you again!" He screamed. I felt his hand squeeze mine again. Tighter than before. "I know, youll be fine." Was all I could say. After...
4.3K 200 18
You think you done finding love but you really not! Back in the N.O.L.A
705 2 30
Jas'mariee and Jacob are back,and engaged! Both are ready to move to New York for college with 1 year old Antonio and start making wedding plans. But...