𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡48⎦

56.1K 1.4K 604
By erubescere

I was walking with Hermione, Ron and Ginny towards the lake where Neville was expressing his love for Herbology. Neville spotted us and waved. I waved back with a smile.

"We've already been through enough people why don't you just go and do it yourself? Ughh. What do you want me to say again?" Hermione asked Ron. They were bickering the whole way over here.

Ron whispered some words to Hermione and she walked up to Harry.

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him

that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you." She said tucking hair behind her ear.

"Is that right? Well...

what?" Harry asked.

"Ughh." She walked back to Ron for more whispering to occur and walked back. "Dean was told by Parvati that... Please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you." She turned back to walk towards us.

"Well, you can tell Ronald-"

Hermione spun around. "I'm NOT an owl!"

She walked over to Ginny and I and dragged us away.

We all walked back into the castle and parted ways. I walked into the Great Hall and noticed Cedric at his table. He waved me over and I started to go over when Snape walked in front of me.

"Hello, Ms. Rosewood. Professor Dumbledore requested me to bring you to meet someone."

"Oh. Well, alright." I nodded.

Snape walked towards the door and I followed turning towards Cedric, shrugging. Snape led me out into the courtyard and handed me a quill, ink, and parchment on a wooden writing board. We walked a little further until I noticed a man, probably around 20, with ginger hair.

"Charlie?" I asked as we neared him.

"Hazel! I haven't seen you in years since I went to Romania. It's wonderful to see you." He said hugging me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, you're about to learn that now. Thank you, Professor." Charlie said to Snape. Snape nodded and strutted off.

"Poor old chap's still as annoying as I remember. Follow me, Hazel," Charlie said walking towards the forest.

I followed Charlie into the forest.

"So how's Ron? Being annoying?"

"Quite. You don't believe Harry put his name in the Goblet do you?"

Charlie shook his head. "If my idiotic sixth-year twins couldn't do it then there is no way Harry could have done it."

"Well, your fourth-year brother thinks differently. He thinks that Harry did it without telling him."

"That's Ron for you," he said. I laughed and he grinned.

"So where exactly are we going, Charlie?" I asked looking around.

"You'll see. You have some parchment and a quill?"

I showed him my hands full of stuff.

He nodded. "Good. Now-"

There was a large roar in the distance. Then it clicked. Charlie was here. The first task was dragons. They must have them here!

"Charlie, you brought the dragons!" I exclaimed. He nodded again.

"You're very smart Hazel. Mum was right." He put his hand behind my back and guided me to the crates which the dragons were being held.

A blast of fire came out of one of the crates as the men raced around. We walked to a safe distance and sat down.

"That crate right there holds a Chinese Fireball." Charlie said pointing to one of the crates. I dipped my quill into the ink and scribbled it down for studying purposes for when I got back.

"Its eye color is yellow and the skin color is scarlet. Its native range is in its name, China. An alternative name for it is a Liondragon and the average length of the adult is about 25 feet. The Ministry classifies it as XXXXX.

"The Fireball is smooth scaled with a fringe of golden spikes around its snub-snouted face and extremely protuberant eyes. Its name is derived from the mushroom-shaped flame that comes from its nostrils when angered, along with the large mushroom-shaped flame it shoots from its mouth. The Fireball weighs between two and four tons. The Fireball is aggressive but, unlike other dragons, it is more tolerant of its own kind, and will sometimes consent to share its territory with up to two other dragons"

He waited until I finished writing to tell me more. "Its diet consists of most mammals, usually preferring pigs and humans.."

"Oh," I said contorting my face in disgust. I wiped away some sweat from the flames the dragons were creating.

"Now this one is the Common Welsh Green dragon or just Welsh Green." Charlie pointed to the next crate. "It's a native of Wales and it nests in the higher mountain regions where a reservation has been set up for it. The skin color is green and the length of the average adult is about 18 feet. The Ministry also classified this as XXXXX.

"This dragon is a relatively subdued breed except for the rare exception of the Ilfracombe Incident but it prefers to prey mainly on sheep and other small mammals and to avoid human contact altogether." I let out a breath of relief.

"The dragon's roar is rather distinctive and somewhat melodious and it issues its fire in narrow jets. Their eggs are earthy brown, flecked with green and it is possible that a young Common Welsh Green may have been the actual cause of the Great Fire of London." I finished the notes and looked at Charlie.

"Really? Wow."

"Mhmm," He nodded. "Now that one is the Swedish Short-Snout is a dragon native to Sweden. It lives in wild, uninhabited areas, mostly the northern mountains of Sweden. The scales are silvery blue, and its powerful flame is also a brilliant color. Their flame is hot enough to reduce timber and bone to ashes in seconds. Its attractive skin is much sought after for the making of gloves and shields. Since it rarely comes into contact with humans, the Short-Snout has fewer deaths to its name than most dragons.

"However, the Short-Snout is nevertheless one of the most dangerous species due to its agile flying and the extremely hot fire that it produces. The Short-Snout tends to be less agile on the ground because of its lack of forward limbs. The Ministry classified it as XXXXX and the length of the average adult is about 22 feet." I looked at the dragon.

"Well the fewer deaths thing is good but I'm not so sure about that fire. It must be painful to get burned by." Charlie nodded then pointed to the last crate.

"This crate holds the most fierce of all of them. This is the Hungarian Horntail. It has black scales and is lizard-like in appearance. It also has yellow eyes, bronze horns, and similarly colored spikes that protrude from its long tail. The dragon's roar is a yowling, screeching scream, and its flame can reach to about fifty feet. While having a very far-reaching flame the Horntail's breath can reach extremely high temperatures as it made a stone turn red hot in seconds. Its eggs are cement-coloured and particularly hard-shelled. The Horntail's foods of choice include cattle, sheep, goats, and whenever possible, humans."

I gasped. Charlie continued. "Horntails are also known for being one of the most vicious breeds of dragon and they are shown being extremely fast in flight while able to keep up with a Firebolt broomstick, a broom capable of going from 0 to 150 miles per hour in 10 seconds." My jaw dropped. They are commonly found in Hungary and the length of the average adult is about 50 feet. The Ministry classified it as XXXXX."

"It should be classified as XXXXXXXXXXXXXX!" I exclaimed.

Charlie laughed and wiped the sweat off his face. "I agree. Come on. Let's get out of this heat."

Together, we walked out of the Forest and back into the cool night.

"Thanks for telling me about the dragons Charlie. I need to go to the library now and look up how to heal wounds." I gave him a hug that he returned.

"You're more than welcome Hazel. Take care of yourself."

I smiled and ran back to the castle. As I was going up the stairs I ran into someone at full force, but as usual was caught at the waist. I kept my eyes closed and said,

"I really need to stop doing that." I opened one eye to see Cedric grinning down at me. He let go of my waist and was about to pick up my notes on dragons. Noticing his movements, I snatched the parchments and held it to my chest.

"I have to go to the library. Bye Pretty Boy!" I exclaimed running off leaving a confused Cedric behind me.

I raced to the library to see Viktor in there at a table and Hermione at the same one but across from him. My eyes darted from her to him continuously. I gave up and went to find a book. After about 5 minutes I had a large stack of books in my arms and sat down at a table beginning to read up on healing enchantments. Dragons. Why couldn't it be whoever can find the Unicorn first? I shook my head and began to read.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 12 12
𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘯 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺. 𝘈𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘏𝘰𝘨𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦...
1M 21.4K 36
"You'll learn to love him." ❧ Y/n Vitelli, of a wealthy Italian pureblood family, is forced into a marriage of social advancement with none other tha...
54K 1.7K 52
𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄; 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
10.2K 2.9K 52
"𝑌/𝑁 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 , 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒" 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒...